The Towers 'down': even before 2001

The notion of 'thousands of victims' was crucial to generate universal public outrage. However, having 3000 angry families breathing down their necks was never part of the perps' demented plan. Our ongoing analyses and investigations suggest that NO one died on 9/11.
icarusinbound

The Towers 'down': even before 2001

Unread post by icarusinbound »

(Maybe this would be worthy of magicians such as Blaine and Copperfield: a retro-disappearing WTC).

This MSM story claims to be making the Twin Towers something of an architectural taboo within Hollywood 'prequels'. Now that the precident has been set, perhaps we'll start to see photographs taken prior to Sep 2001 with the WTC respectfully airbrushed out, in order to avoid causing offence.

I know you'll all love the multi-layered irony dripping from the final sentence in my extract:

How the Twin Towers Disappeared from 'The Carrie Diaries' and 'Sex and the City'

http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/20 ... ies/61089/
In this week's series premiere of The Carrie Diaries, the new Sex and the City prequel that takes place in the 1980s, a teenaged Carrie Bradshaw is seen working and shopping in Lower Manhattan, presumably right near the World Trade Center, but there is no reference to the Twin Towers. Turns out that was a conscious decision, and one that echoes how the franchise has approached the iconic buildings since September 11, 2001.

In a phone interview today with The Atlantic Wire, Carrie Diaries executive producer/showrunner Amy B. Harris, who also worked on Sex and the City, said that the creative team "talked about it for quite some time," adding that "from a sensitivity standpoint it was the right decision" to leave the Twin Towers out of any shots of downtown New York.

"When we really sat down to talk about whether we wanted to put the World Trade Center into any of our stock footage what we decided is this is a show about love and romance and coming of age," Harris said. "If one 16-year-old who is watching the show possibly lost a parent—if we caused them pause or hurt in any way—it wouldn't have been worth it."
"If"....? There's a big question contained within these two letters
hoi.polloi

Re: The Towers 'down': even before 2001

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

It's kind of damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't from our stance, though, isn't it?

If they don't include the towers, they can be accused of being sensitive to non-existent victims and promoting propaganda that way. If they do include them, they can be accused of being mawkish and sentimental about something nobody really cares about just to increase the weep-factor and remind people of 9/11.

The key question for me is in your bolded text. How they tell the 'behind the scenes' story.

One part of me realizes that media people have been trained in a particular behavior around the media. Even 'behind the scenes' isn't really all that secretive or exclusive these days, is it? It's kind of the minimum expectation of any hype about an entertainment product. So no matter how 'behind the scenes' the interview seems, we can be sure that this is Hollywood-style paparazzi-experienced folks knowing how to always have something ready to say to the corrupt CIA-journalism enterprise. I am not apologizing for the crass sentence, only pointing out it doesn't exactly tell us how much they really care about what they are saying.

We could wish they did. But we might not know how much these Hollywood people are experienced in threats, bribes and so forth to make them say one thing or another.

Sorry if that seems like an overly introspective interjection. I agree that Entertainment is a propaganda-laden corporate rag. Just suggesting that even when the towers are absent, the absence itself becomes yet another excuse for the media to turn it into a story about 9/11. Therefore, if we had to choose a worse offender here, I think it's Entertainment magazine for even bringing it up at all. Then Sex and the City producers for either being dumb or playing dumb.

But whatever, sometimes it all seems like one terrible Black Ops industry of corruption and few in it have the gumption to stand against the predominant story and say, "No. It has nothing to do with 9/11 or your corrupt media's take on it. It's a different story. Buzz off."