I'm pretty familier with your work, simon. It just bothers me that I can't find any official source that mentions the nationality of all the victims.
It bothers me too. That is one of the main reasons why this Vicsim research started. You'll find 'official' websites saying that "people of more than 90 different nationalities died on 9/11"
- and you'll find other 'official' websites saying that "people of 72 different nationalities died on 9/11".
Then, ol' trusty Wikipedia only lists 54 nations. So what the £%@k is the deal with that? This pathetic mess is also the reason why I have asked the Italian foreign ministry to send me a simple list of the Italian nationals who allegedly perished on 9/11. Everyone I know (here in Italy) agrees with me about this simple fact: IF THERE WERE ITALIAN VICTIMS ON 9/11 THEY WOULD BE HOUSEHOLD-NAMES IN EVERY ITALIAN HOME BY NOW. So far, the Italian Foreign Ministry has chosen to IGNORE this most reasonable request of mine.
So, if you are honestly interested in this issue, please contact the authorities of your own country
and ask them the same thing:
"PLEASE SEND ME A LIST OF THE ".........." NATIONALS WHO PERISHED ON 9/11.
Ok? But if for some reason you do NOT wish to do this, please let me know what the heck you are doing here on this forum.
(edit: Sorry for sounding a tad harsh - it's all meant as healthy stimulation to take action!)
I think you make an excellent point here... I I second your opinion that we should be getting to the bottom of finding out the exact number of victims to say have perished on 9/11 from our own countries. I
Considering my home country is Australia, I know my list is going to be very small and in knowing that I would like to present an example of what one can do to contribute to this research. So after getting off the phone to some people In Australia I’ am VERY sure we had only 10 victims… some places say it was 11 but most sources I confrenced on the phone with say it was 10.
And then I have gone to the various 9/11 memorial website then Google image search for these “people” and composited the photos. Together. Which I must say raised my eyebrows a few times. IThe websites links for the 9/11 memorial sites that I chose are as follows.
CNN memorial site-- http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/me ... index.html
Voices of September 11-- http://voicesofseptember11.org/dev/cont ... citems=1,6
After that Google image search may bring up a few more.
10 Australians that allegedly died on 9/11. NSW:
- Alberto Dominguez, 66, from Lidcombe. A Qantas baggage handler on holidays who allegedly was on board American Airlines Flight 11 which crashed into the World Trade Centre (WTC) in New York.
Jpegs- Remember 9/11,
- Yvonne Kennedy, 62, Allegedly from Sydney, who was allegedly on American Airlines Flight 77 that crashed into the Pentagon in Washington.
Jpegs- Voices of 9/11
- Craig Neil Gibson, 37, Allegedly from Randwick in Sydney, who was allegedly working on 94th floor of the WTC north tower in the offices of insurers Marsh and McLennan.
Jpegs- Cnn memorial, Voices of September 11,
- Steve Tompsett, 39, Allegedly from Merrylands, NSW, who was allegedly in the WTC north tower.
Jpegs- Cnn memorial, Legacy.
- Elisa Ferraina, 27, Allegedly from Sydney. She was born in Australia, but had just taken out UK citizenship. She was allegedly on the 106th floor of the WTC north tower.
Jpegs- Voices of sept 11,
- Lesley Anne Thomas, 41, Allegedly from NSW, was in the WTC north tower.
Jpegs- Voices of sept 11, VICTORIA:
- Leanne Whiteside, 31, allegedly a lawyer from Melbourne who was in the WTC south tower.
I can’t locate photo...
- Peter Gyulavary, 44, allegedly was born in Geelong, Victoria but had moved to the US 20 years ago. He was allegedly working on the 91st floor of the WTC south tower.
Jpegs- Voices of September 11,
- Andrew Knox, 29, allegedly from Adelaide was working with a building construction company on the 103rd floor of the WTC north tower.
Jpegs- CNN memorial, Fairfax, SA UNI. QUEENSLAND:
- Kevin Dennis, 43, allegedly was originally from the Gold Coast, but had become a US-based stock broker with Cantor Fitzgerald and was allegedly working on the 101st floor of WTC north tower.
Jpegs- Voices of 9/11, BBC news story, NY time’s story,
Move this Australian victims post if needed simon, but seeing as though both of our countries have low numbers in fact the same amount, if you want to keep it here so we can research them further Im sure that will work.