Synched Out removed from Youtube

Updates & comments about the movie that exposed the 9/11 scam

Postby hoi.polloi on September 13th, 2010, 8:09 am

Not only is a copyright claim absurd, you modified it to fit your own purposes which constitutes "art" and is deeply within fair use for video collage. YouTube's case would never uphold in a people's court.

I love how they tried to hint at the idea that using your own music was a violation because it's copyrighted and owned ... by you!

How absurd is that? I can see a satirical article coming out of this...

Extray! Extray! YouTube sues artists for posting their own music
"We can't allow copyright holders to exercise their own copyright. That would be lawful respect of ownership."
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby brianv on September 13th, 2010, 10:32 am

Simon

Make a video regarding the whole affair and post it on your account. Make lots of references to Synched Out and where it can be found!
brianv

Postby nonhocapito on September 13th, 2010, 12:57 pm

I uploaded it and got deleted for "terms of use" violation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30tEvl5vMXc

I put it in upload last night before going to bed so I can't say how long it took them to kill it (probably very little)
nonhocapito
Administrator

Postby Terence.drew on September 13th, 2010, 1:08 pm

I can confirm I didnt get very far when I tried to upload 'Synched out' in its original form. It barely made it past the processing stage. This is infuriating because at least over half the content over on Youtube is copyrighted TV shows/music etc which doesn't fall under 'fair use' policy and is still up. Simon you have really hit a nerve with this one (and of course the cumulative effect of your other stunning videos B) )
My Channel.

http://www.youtube.com/skyarcher

On the positive side i noticed this - uploading very large files up to 20 GB..Its called Advanced uploads and can be accessed from the upload page. I think it should be possible to up load the entirety of September Clues for a one sitting session.

Terence.drew

Postby hoi.polloi on September 13th, 2010, 5:06 pm

This is absolutely ridiculous.

The wry tone of that message to you wasn't followed up by anything else? They can't even cite a copyright claim? Everybody keeps getting the same ambiguous rejection?
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Previous

Return to September Clues - the movie