The Cloud by MVRDV: Strong Reactions To 'Twin Towers' Design

All other news and developments related to 9/11
LightCone

The Cloud by MVRDV: Strong Reactions To 'Twin Towers' Design

Unread post by LightCone »

Yongsan Dream Hub corporation presented today the MVRDV designed residential development of the Yongsan Business district: two connected luxury residential high-rises. A 260 meter tall tower and a 300 meter tall tower are connected in the centre by a pixelated cloud of additional program offering amenities and outside spaces with wide views. The towers with a total surface of 128,000m2 are expected to be completed in 2015.

truthseeker
Banned

WTC humor?

Unread post by truthseeker »

hoi.polloi

Re: The Cloud by MVRDV: Strong Reactions To 'Twin Towers' De

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

That's hilarious. I'm surprised they didn't hire this contractor to build the 9/11 memorial museum. Is this a political joke? Cultural ignorance?

It's like Amsterdam's NEMO museum, which resembles a sinking ship.

Those Dutchies! :lol:
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

MVRDV is a pretty famous design-architectural firm -- I think this is a deliberate "reminder" on their part that will not really be picked as final design -- it serves instead to allow the "families of victims" to make yet another of their periodical appearances on the news, while probably also serving as good commercial stunt for the company. Now anyone in the know who counts something is informed of which side MVRDV is on, and what they are available to do. I bet it will do good for them.
As to their explanation in the apology, that "they didn't see the similarity", this is obviously an impossibility.
lux

Unread post by lux »

If the designers had instead announced the design as a tribute of some sort -- "to American courage and spirit in the face of adversity" or some such BS then it would have been hailed as something great and wonderful. Of course, they would still trot out the "victim's relatives" to shed their tears of appreciation for this wonderful tribute to their lost love ones. :lol:
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by reel.deal »

'9/11 '2nd hit' tribute hotel' / 'Finding' NEMO Museum Costa Concordia pre-tribute? :wub:

...loopDloop & vanityfair over at that 'other forum TM' :P have been doing some good stuff recent,
mainly on John Labriola WTC-1 evacuation 'photos' & the impossible timelines...
but i thought this post i saw today was particularly on the money...

http://letsrollforums.com/showpost.php? ... ostcount=2

Re: Original Design of Twin Towers Had "Self Destruct" Mechanism Built In

This is only one of many articles and posts online pertaining to the notion of pre-planted demolition charges
that were built into the design of the Twin Towers at the time of construction.

From - The Kentroversy Papers home page" http://kentroversypapers.blogspot.com/
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Bin Laden Construction Company Worked on the World Trade Center !
:)
Paul Laffoley, an architect who went on to become a famous modern artist...

Recently, I was listening to an extensive in-depth interview with Laffoley on Radio Orbit, with host Mike Hagan. The interview was from a few weeks back, on February 12, 2007. To my surprise, at just over the thirty-minute mark of the interview, Laffoley begins talking about his varied experiences working as an architect. In the early 1960's, he described working for Emery Roth and Sons, a prominent New York City architectual design firm.

During the next ten minutes or so, Laffoley described working for Roth, which was one of the many design and construction firms working on this massive ten-year project. Of the construction companies working on the WTC project, Laffoley announced, was the massive multi-billion dollar BIN LADEN CONSTRUCTION CO., which is the family of the individual who was originally BLAMED FOR the attacks on 9/11.

But, it really wasn't the FACT that BIN LADEN CONSTRUCTION worked on the project that was the real bombshell of what Laffoley had to say in this interview. The bombshell as it were, concerned the explosive charges that were built into the buildings AS PART OF THEIR DESIGN! Laffoley commented on how shocked he was when he was asked to think about HOW he would build in explosive charges, to take down the building complex, BEFORE it was even built!

Therefore, all those people who are trying to damage the cunning research of the 9/11 Truth Community (a community that does not rightly count Alex Jones among its' members, by the way!) by saying that they could have never slipped in those charges some time before 9/11, need to understand that those demolition charges that brought down WTC 1, WTC 2, and WTC 7 were there all along! Furthermore, it was Marvin Bush who played a big role in the security of the WTC complex, and between the Bush's, the Bin Laden's, Larry Silverstein, and the peculiar behavior of both Hillary Clinton and Rudolph Giuliani -- we have all the major players in this up to their necks!

The reader might wonder WHY they might build-in explosive charges at the time the buildings are built. This is a natural thing about which to wonder. However, it is a FACT that the buildings in NYC are packed in tighter than sardines in the midst of their worst supermarket fate. So, it is axiomatic that the designers of these buildings (and their insurance companies) are looking for ways to bring down these buildings in a manner that will not endanger any of the surrounding and neighboring buildings.

Mike Hagan's Radio Orbit - Paul Laffoley Talks About The World Trade Center (MP3 Download) (May 21, 2007)
http://www.mikehagan.com/2012/mp3/05210 ... FFOLEY.mp3
[time code: 22:00 to 53:00]

http://letsrollforums.com/original-desi ... 27324.html
Mercurial

Unread post by Mercurial »

Wow! Amazed no comments on this yet, Reel. I can't believe this Lafolley guy had the balls to come out with this - I had to go check he's still alive, he is. I've been of the opinion that the towers went up so they could come down again in spectacular fashion since reading that the (ex)Sears Tower is probably wired that way. Nobody I talk to believes people would be able to plan shit 40 years ahead of time, but of course they do. Douglas Rushkoff in his book Life Inc talks about how these corporations think in terms of 50 and 100 years, if they get caught out fucking us over they think nothing of keeping their heads down for half a century or so until the dust has settled before raising their ugly heads again. That's what I took afreeman to mean when he mentioned "hereditary crime organizations" with reference to illuminati types. These families have been in the same game for centuries they don't care if they have to skip a generation before they're back on top. I do also think they've become so inbred that they're really losing the plot and what with the interweb being all a buzz with attempts to expose them, they have to be freaking out. I've this image in my head of GW living in a bunker, only coming out to whizz off to his next million dollar lecture at the golf club before he goes to ground again.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m48_rg61CA0

(Liking the Autechre soundtrack!)

As people guess their next move they have to change the game plan - they may well have intended to bring the Sears/Willis tower down à la 9/11 but with conspiracy "kooks" publicising these predictions they can't very well get away with it. Can just imagine them sitting there growling "Ahhhhh, foiled again. Who's got another bright idea?" Feels like life is seriously catching up with these fucks, but that's probably just me wishful thinking.

Anyway, all this talk going around about an event occurring during the olympics this year pretty much ensures nothing will happen. And, of course, then they get to say everyone's crazy for suggesting that it would!!

(That said, my little pet theory is that the olympic organisers love all the doom mongering around 2012 and are probably encouraging it - even if it only makes a few thousand Londoners to clear out it takes a bit of pressure off the transport systems. Mundane as theories go, I know, but I've a strong feeling that's the case. People have been whinging for years that London's not up to the influx of visitors and how will they get everyone to the venue, blah, blah, blah)
MsQ

Re: 9/11 references in Hollywood movies/TV series

Unread post by MsQ »

[I moved this from the "9/11 references in Hollywood movies/TV series" thread. Please make sure your posts belongs to the right thread. Thanks! ~nonhocapito]

Not Hollywood or tv, but real life :blink:

These residential high-rise buildings to be completed in Seoul, South Korea, by 2015 are connected in the middle by a cloud, which the designer says “differentiates the building from other luxury developments.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/does-th ... -anything/