Inside visit to Guantanamo Bay

All other news and developments related to 9/11
DeeJay

Inside visit to Guantanamo Bay

Unread post by DeeJay »

This is an interactive tour of Guantanamo Bay, filmed in December 2014 and published on January 21, 2015 by Gulf News based in Dubai.

http://gulfnews.com/multimedia/graphics ... -1.1443405

In actuality, there is not a LOT of footage because of security issues however the Commander of the base, as well as the Colonel who leads the Joint Task Force in charge of security are both briefly interviewed.

This is a well-laid out 7-part presentation, giving background details on the detainees, the conditions of their sequestration (Camps 5, 6 & 7), the "enteral feeding" (not force feeding), and some information on the staff who work there (i.e. Dr. White, Capt. Green, Sgt. Brown, etc.)

Where videos are available, they are at the top of the page. Please be careful to turn down your sound as you start.
fbenario

Re: Inside visit to Guantanamo Bay

Unread post by fbenario »

DeeJay wrote:This is an interactive tour of Guantanamo Bay, filmed in December 2014 and published on January 21, 2015 by Gulf News based in Dubai.

http://gulfnews.com/multimedia/graphics ... -1.1443405

In actuality, there is not a LOT of footage because of security issues however the Commander of the base, as well as the Colonel who leads the Joint Task Force in charge of security are both briefly interviewed.

This is a well-laid out 7-part presentation, giving background details on the detainees, the conditions of their sequestration (Camps 5, 6 & 7), the "enteral feeding" (not force feeding), and some information on the staff who work there (i.e. Dr. White, Capt. Green, Sgt. Brown, etc.)

Where videos are available, they are at the top of the page. Please be careful to turn down your sound as you start.
Hey man, we're not a news blog. Why did you post this?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

No kidding. Why did you post this? Do you think people are really kidnapped and taken there by the military, as we are told?

What insight are you personally providing by endorsing this mainstream production?
DeeJay

Unread post by DeeJay »

hoi.polloi wrote:No kidding. Why did you post this? Do you think people are really kidnapped and taken there by the military, as we are told?

What insight are you personally providing by endorsing this mainstream production?
Wow. I thought that people on this forum might be interested in seeing the place, as I was. I thought it was relevant to 9/11 and the "War on Terror" declared by GW Bush. It's not like I was posting a totally irrelevant advertising clip of a resort in the Turks & Caicos.

How do I know if people are taken prisoner and brought there? How do you know that they are not? If you could point me in the right direction on this forum where this topic is discussed and dismissed, I would be interested. This is obviously something that I have missed.

As far as I believe, Osama Bin Laden did exist. He was in Afghanistan. He was ill. He probably died sometime after 9/11. He was not responsible for 9/11 nor did he feature in all the post 9/11 videos that were released.

This also negates the issue of Obama getting Osama.

I ask you, does Guantanamo Bay exist at all?
hoi.polloi

Yes, that is a fair question to throw back at me, as long as you recognize I have the right to ask you what I did, too.

Not that it really matters, and not that I can prove it, but I only assume the name of the location is real because most bases in the Anglo empire are where they purport to be. What I don't assume is that they are all being used for precisely what they are claimed to be used for.

For me, this video represents or imitates a gift to the public. Information is great, but I am so sick of the way they explain things on TV as if we were watching Teletubbies. The military is famous for misleading, obfuscating, deceiving and barring nothing else aggressively spinning. I am not sure what would be the "right" tone but this doesn't feel like it.
DeeJay

Unread post by DeeJay »

hoi.polloi wrote:Yes, that is a fair question to throw back at me, as long as you recognize I have the right to ask you what I did, too.

Not that it really matters, and not that I can prove it, but I only assume the name of the location is real because most bases in the Anglo empire are where they purport to be. What I don't assume is that they are all being used for precisely what they are claimed to be used for.

For me, this video represents or imitates a gift to the public. Information is great, but I am so sick of the way they explain things on TV as if we were watching Teletubbies. The military is famous for misleading, obfuscating, deceiving and barring nothing else aggressively spinning. I am not sure what would be the "right" tone but this doesn't feel like it.
When I posed that question, I was actually asking myself the same thing. Not in the sense of its physical existence but whether or not it really does house prisoners. One cannot trust everything, or maybe even anything, that the military declares.

This Gulf News presentation has given me new information, new images to chew on and although this is perhaps/probably exactly what the military wants, I do not regret having seen or posted it for others as there may be some kernel of truth in it and it is up to us to digest.
hoi.polloi

Until we come up with a reason for posting this topic that actually aligns with our forum's goal of exposing media fakery, I am going to close this thread.