Hilarious 9/11 Mattress Commercial

All other news and developments related to 9/11
pov603

Hilarious 9/11 Mattress Commercial

Unread post by pov603 »

Texas mattress store will be closed "indefinitely" after a commercial it posted on social media promoting a "Twin Tower sale" days before the 15th anniversary of 9/11 ignited a firestorm of criticism.

"We will be silent through the 9/11 Anniversary to avoid any further distractions from a day of recognition and remembrance for the victims and their families," the owner of Miracle Mattress, Mike Bonanno, said in a statement posted on the store's Facebook page on Friday.

Employees of the store had also received several death threats after the 20-second spot was released.

The offending ad for Miracle Mattress starts with San Antonio branch store manager Cherise Bonanno -- Mike Bonanno's daughter -- asking "What better way to remember 9/11 than with a Twin Tower sale?” and ends with two employees falling backwards onto two piles of mattresses with an American flag in between them.

Cherise Bonanno gasps in horror as her coworkers and the mattresses topple over. She then turns to the camera and says: "We'll never forget."
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... rcial.html
:lol:
simonshack
Administrator

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by simonshack »

Interesting case, dear pov603.

I think we need to ask ourselves just how that Youtube mattress-sale video has had over 4.5 MILLION views in less than 2 days...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2gj5Gc

Could it possibly have something to do with tomorrow's 9/11 anniversary ? :P
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

simonshack wrote:Interesting case, dear pov603.

I think we need to ask ourselves just how that Youtube mattress-sale video has had over 4.5 MILLION views in less than 2 days...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2gj5Gc

Could it possibly have something to do with tomorrow's 9/11 anniversary ? :P
Oh indeed that is a very interesting question.

Because of an unusual situation I'm following in Texas, I've been going back over my criminal cases over the years to see just how many of them had stories featured on sites like Heavy.com, Time, People, Cosmopolitan, etc. Thus far I have been unable to find a single one that registers outside of the local news toilet bowl of boring crap that they begrudgingly "cover" (and quite poorly and inaccurately I might add).

During my search of the above named sites (in addition to others), I came across (puke) Time yesterday, and it was featuring "Falling Man", in all its shockingly bad and embarrassing "reminder" of the phony jumper stories. For goodness sake they didn't even bother to remove the metal object protruding from the pixels's arse. :lol:
Kham
Admin

Unread post by Kham »

The two men knocking down the tower look Arab and it seems fitting that the rotund lady could represent America.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Kham » September 11th, 2016, 7:24 am wrote:The two men knocking down the tower look Arab and it seems fitting that the rotund lady could represent America.
That was my impression too.
CluedIn

Unread post by CluedIn »

Funny that Miracle Mattress would be running ads since they were closed down by the State.

MIRACLE MATTRESS AND FURNITURE, LLC

Right to Transact Business in Texas: FRANCHISE TAX INVOLUNTARILY ENDED ("Franchise Tax Involuntarily Ended - The entity's registration or certificate was ended as a result of a tax forfeiture or an administrative forfeiture by Texas Secretary of State. Request tax clearance to reinstate entity.")

Registered Agent Name: VINCENT M BONANNO (just thought the name was interesting ^_^)

https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/coaSearch.do
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Hmm, it lists SOS registration but not de-registration. I wonder if that was done after the commercial aired.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

hoi.polloi » September 11th, 2016, 8:57 am wrote:Hmm, it lists SOS registration but not de-registration. I wonder if that was done after the commercial aired.
Hoi,

I've had direct experience setting up corporations in Texas, and it's common for defunct businesses to simply stop paying the franchise tax and allow it to end up in "forfeiture" status.

One could file "articles of dissolution", but when a company goes bust they usually don't bother.

To me this just indicates that this isn't an authentic mattress company that has recently been doing business as such.

They (who/whatever it was) just took a defunct corporate name and ran a silly "commercial" to get people shouting about 9/11 sensitivity.

It's also a not so subtle reminder that we better shut up and take this seriously, lest we be social outcasts for not showing "proper respect". Barf
hoi.polloi

Re: Hilarious 9/11 Mattress Commercial

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Good insights, SacredCowSlayer, thanks for that. It seems they certainly wanted attention, anyway. I wonder why. Maybe for the reasons you said.