Toronto Quake & G20

All other news and developments related to 9/11
hoi.polloi

Toronto Quake & G20

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

An article begun at June 23, 2010 ? 1:48 pm on National Post of Canada states:

A moderate earthquake was felt in parts of Southern Ontario and as far as Ottawa and Montreal. The U.S. Geological Survey has reported that an earthquake measuring 5.0 struck Southern Ontario, Quebec and a large part of the Eastern U.S. at around 1:40 p.m. ET. According to the USGS the quake was centered around 49 km from Cumberland, Ont. The quake was initially listed at a 5.5 but downgraded a few hours later.

Odd thing is ... a few hours hadn't yet passed since the earthquake apparently struck. This article was displayed on my computer as early as 3:00 pm, just under 1 1/2 hours since the earthquake, which was originally posted as 5.5.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/06/23 ... a-reports/

Perhaps they are referring to a pre-earthquake prediction that it might be a 5.5? Can they predict earthquakes an hour before they happen?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

hoi.polloi 4 Jun 23 2010, 07:24 PM wrote:
Perhaps they are referring to a pre-earthquake prediction that it might be a 5.5? Can they predict earthquakes an hour before they happen?
Well, they sure can time them pretty well:

See, I felt the huge earthquake (5.9Richter) which struck the city of Aquila (Italy) on April 6 2009. It almost knocked me out of my bed at 3:30 AM - its epicenter was about 100 miles from my house.

Then, on April 23, the long-planned G8 summit which was supposed to be held in Sardinia, was diverted to Aquila by our friend Berlusconi...He ostensibly used it as a (failed) booster to his dwindling popularity, by promising immediate reconstruction funds - WHICH NEVER MATERIALIZED. (In fact, the people of Aquila are livid - and organize huge protests virtually every week).

Today was, apparently, the first day of the Toronto G20 summit (?)... :huh:
http://www.septemberclues.org
hoi.polloi

Can someone explain to me the timing of this thing? National Post is based in Ontario, just outside of Toronto. This article was initiated at 1:48pm ... so the comments are appearing before the time of the article itself? And before the times the commenters are talking about?

BlueGood

1:12 PM on June 23, 2010

Felt it here abou 40 mins west of Ottawa at 1:47 pm [???], lasted about 30 seconds, my friend in Oshawa felt it at same time... Pretty WEIRD...whole house shook, I went outside thinking it was a truck, and the Concrete step was almost dancing under my bare feet!...Hope everyone is ok!

robins111

1:27 PM on June 23, 2010

I thought it was a heat related dizzy spell,

interesting

StephYMH

1:32 PM on June 23, 2010

felt it in Timmins for a few seconds.

And this person felt that they should tell this story - on the web site - about 25 minutes after it happened?

DocTrudy

2:08 PM on June 23, 2010

We were sitting in the livingroom of our log house in Northbrook, Highway #41, +-160 km West of Ottawa, when all of a sudden we heard some rumbling. The rumbling became louder and the tremors heavier. We stood up and we felt the floor shaking under our feet, windows rattling and heard the log beams making noises. We ran outside and could feel the railing of the deck shaking as well. This lasted about 30 seconds at around 1:42 PM. We are not unfamiliar to tremors, but I still don't like the feeling of it.
hoi.polloi

simonshack 4 Jun 23 2010, 07:48 PM wrote:
hoi.polloi 4 Jun 23 2010, 07:24 PM wrote:
Well, they sure can time them pretty well:

See, I felt the huge earthquake (5.9Richter) which struck the city of Aquila (Italy) on April 6 2009. It almost knocked me out of my bed at 3:30 AM - its epicenter was about 100 miles from my house.

Then, on April 23, the long-planned G8 summit which was supposed to be held in Sardinia, was diverted to Aquila by our friend Berlusconi...He ostensibly used it as a (failed) booster to his dwindling popularity, by promising immediate reconstruction funds - WHICH NEVER MATERIALIZED. (In fact, the people of Aquila are livid - and organize huge protests virtually every week).

Today was, apparently, the first day of the Toronto G20 summit (?)... :huh:
Could they be making fun of protesters and calling them hippie new agers? Look at this comment, posted just minutes after:

erica_and_soultana

1:52 PM [10 minutes after?]on June 23, 2010

When the earthquake hit, we were in the middle of lighting candles for our daily yoga routine, and the earthquake caused one of us to accidentally light a lululemon headband on fire. Lucky we had two eco-friendly water bottles on the table and were able to quickly put out the fire. No one was hurt, but the apartment reeks of ash!

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/06/23 ... n-ontario/

Hilarious and sly.

---

Also, this blog was set up apparently just last week and ... was it just to comment on evil liberal matters, G20 and the quake? http://eyecrazy.blogspot.com

Their first post is a fearmongering effort asking Should the Liberals merge with a party whose Deputy Leader thinks 9-11 was an "inside job'?? ... they go on to warn about the typical fake planted terrorist scare of the usual kind - the ones that always show up at these bank meetings - Computer security expert arrested for explosives charges in Toronto - related to the G20 conference and finally joke about the quake about 30 minutes after it apparently happened.

They link to both the National Post and Huffington Post - the first news sources to adopt the quake story when I was browsing for stories about it - as sites "of interest"!

In between this narrative, the fellow hates on Arabs and links to a trailer for The Green Hornet, which contains the line "We will pose as villains to get close to the bad guys. That way, no one will suspect we're really the good guys!"

Fascinating!
simonshack
Administrator

Curioser and curioser, Hoi:

Just after the Toronto earthquake happened, our Canadian forum member "sparkoflife" messaged me on Skype. He felt the earthquake and I asked him when it happened. Here's his Skype answer at 20:29 Italian time ( 2:29PM Canadian time):

"44 minutes ago"

That confirms that the Toronto earthquake happened at about 1:45PM Canadian time. How can there be 3 people reporting it on the Canadian NATIONAL POST before that time?

BlueGood

1:12 PM on June 23, 2010

Felt it here abou 40 mins west of Ottawa at 1:47 pm, lasted about 30 seconds, my friend in Oshawa felt it at same time... Pretty WEIRD...whole house shook, I went outside thinking it was a truck, and the Concrete step was almost dancing under my bare feet!...Hope everyone is ok!
robins111

1:27 PM on June 23, 2010

I thought it was a heat related dizzy spell,

interesting
StephYMH

1:32 PM on June 23, 2010

felt it in Timmins for a few seconds.

Since that NATIONAL POST online article has a "1:48PM" stamp (publishing time) on it, this also means they put up that page (with pictures from downtown Toronto and all) in about 3 minutes. Wow. Canadians are swift people! :lol:
hoi.polloi

Not to mention that first poster BlueGood, who posts about a time that hadn't taken place yet! You'll notice I added the ??? in brackets because it is a rather confusing error.
SimonJCP

Unread post by SimonJCP »

It was the mildest thing ever. The mirrors/desks shook a bit. Whatever, now us Torontonians get to brag about surviving the 2010 earthquake. :lol:

And WOW -- they had pre-prepared media reports/comments? I wonder what the purpose of this was? And how they caused that little shake (Scalar?)?

Maybe to try to make us Canucks "get our fear on" just before the big G20?
simonshack
Administrator

SimonJCP @ Jun 23 2010, 11:37 PM wrote: It was the mildest thing ever.
I'm so glad it was mild - honest.

Here in Italy, the April 6, 2009 Aquila earthquake claimed - reportedly - 308 lives and injured 1500 people.

Two weeks later, the G8 summit meeting was transferred from the original site in Sardinia to Aquila. Go figure.
Piper

Unread post by Piper »

I can personally confirm that the quake happened just after 1:40pm local Ottawa time. It lasted a good 10-15 seconds, shaking the furniture and floors. People were a bit panicked since quakes are quite rare around here, and the building I work in was evacuated as a precaution for about 30 minutes while inspectors checked for structural damage. It wasn't that mild where I am, on the Quebec side across from Ottawa and closer to the epicenter, which was about 30 miles away. My wife was also quite panicked at home and a couple of picture frames fell from the wall.

The time stamps on the National Post site stories are Ottawa (Eastern) time but the comments seem to be time stamped one hour behind (Central Time) for some reason, possibly the location of the comments server. The quake hit at 1:41pm according to the USGS website, so the Post story would have been up 7 minutes later. The story has been changed over the course of the day, even the headline was changed from a more Toronto-centric headline to the current one, and some of the photos were not included with the story when I first saw it about 35 minutes after the quake hit. I first saw the third image from Canwest News Service posted with another story (Personal accounts of earthquake in Ontario) that has a time stamp of 2:33pm.

Overall I'd say it was a pretty interesting experience! :D
hoi.polloi

Well that gives us three close witnesses nearby our own network of posters!

We'd have to be pretty hard-ass skeptics to discount Piper, LordTsu and SparkOfLife's accounts as evidence that there is nothing fishy going on. (I didn't know you were all in the same area of Canada! Have you boys met Piper in person yet?)

Consider me one, because although the location of the comments server might explain the times posted by one hour, the nature of the comments themselves seems odd. Also, the blog I found. And finally, the reason I posted in the first place, which was the phrase reporting changes "a few hours later" before a few hours had even passed.

Piper, you may have noticed that you linked to the same article I linked to, which doesn't happen to shed any more light on this particular situation. What's up?
D.Duck
Banned

Unread post by D.Duck »

Piper, LordTsu and SparkOfLife,

I hope you guys are Ok.

Did you or anyone you know see army choppers in the air before the quake?

D.Duck
SimonJCP

Unread post by SimonJCP »

D.Duck @ Jun 24 2010, 11:21 AM wrote: Piper, LordTsu and SparkOfLife,

I hope you guys are Ok.

D.Duck
I did not, but I was inside at the time. I'll ask around.

Well that gives us three close witnesses nearby our own network of posters!

We'd have to be pretty hard-ass skeptics to discount Piper, LordTsu and SparkOfLife's accounts as evidence that there is nothing fishy going on. (I didn't know you were all in the same area of Canada! Have you boys met Piper in person yet?)

Consider me one, because although the location of the comments server might explain the times posted by one hour, the nature of the comments themselves seems odd. Also, the blog I found. And finally, the reason I posted in the first place, which was the phrase reporting changes "a few hours later" before a few hours had even passed.

Piper, you may have noticed that you linked to the same article I linked to, which doesn't happen to shed any more light on this particular situation. What's up?

I can confirm that it did happen, but that certainly doesn't mean it's "un-fishy". I find it a bit too hard to believe that the first "quake" I can remember happens now, what with the G20. If it was intentional, then pre-positioned blogs/comments are certainly a possibility. Control the way the scare works.

I haven't met anyone in person, though I'd be happy to meet Piper, SOL, or anyone coming to our area. SOL and I have tried to meet in person before, but unlucky circumstances prevented it.
hoi.polloi

Hold on one second, though. I have to consider the ramifications of this.

If the earthquake was pre-timed, or the articles pre-prepared, or basically anything about the earthquake's aftermath made prior to the earthquake itself, we are talking about something very strange indeed.

Especially considering there have been earthquakes specifically connected to the large G8 and G20 summits.

Are we considering that the banks are capable of using technology to create earthquakes to aid them in their quest for conglomeration somehow? How might the banks have access to this technology and who would want to help them?

I know there is that HAARP thing named for Atmospheric Research which has been blamed for this sort of thing (though it has the highly suspicious Alex Jones-connected Sheen family involved in promoting it), and I know there are also bombs capable of triggering tremors (and there was a witness report - pre-fabricated or no - that specifically refered to the start of the earthquake as a boom) but is it also possible that they can predict earthquakes so well now ... that they are capable of planning events several months in advance of an earthquake and guiding their event to that destination?
Piper

Unread post by Piper »

hoi.polloi @ Jun 24 2010, 10:37 AM wrote: Piper, you may have noticed that you linked to the same article I linked to, which doesn't happen to shed any more light on this particular situation. What's up?
I linked that article to show that the picture used is the same picture that is now seen in the earlier breaking story as well, and to indicate that it was a later picture added to the first story. The intent was to show that the article did not appear as it does now after 3 minutes (actually closer to 7 minutes) but was re-edited and polished over time.

I have to admit the timing with the G20 is suspicious, earthquakes seem to follow these summits around. I have never felt one this strong here in 40 years. As for the means, you mentioned HAARP... I have read that there is a HAARP station in the area at Camp Fortune, as mentioned in this French Orgone forum, which is near Meech Lake, site of the government conference centre that hosted 1987's Meech Lake Accord meetings.

As an aside, I've also heard that while "Alex Jones" was being used for distraction and misdirection with his bullhorn antics in a Kanata hotel parking lot during Ottawa's 2006 Bilderberg meeting, the meeting itself was actually held in secret at the relatively nearby Meech Lake centre.
Piper

Unread post by Piper »

D.Duck @ Jun 24 2010, 11:21 AM wrote: Piper, LordTsu and SparkOfLife,

I hope you guys are Ok.

D.Duck
Everyone I know is fine other than a few cases of rattled nerves, thanks D.Duck.

I don't recall seeing choppers before the quake and I had been outside for 15-20 minutes about 10 minutes before it hit, but the rest of the time I was inside. I did spot a few in the air about 10-15 minutes after the quake, I assume they were surveying for damage.