Falling satellites and other Dangers from Space

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.

Re:

Postby Flabbergasted on November 5th, 2013, 4:04 pm

Observations showed that ISON was shedding about 112,000 pounds of dust and 130 pounds of water every minute.

Determining something so precise regarding the amount of dust and water shedded by a comet sounds preposterous to me.
Heiwa wrote:Any water, actually ice, of the comet will evidently become vapour for a while and return to being ice of the comet after the slingshot.

If comets are what they are said to be, and if they do contain ice, and if that ice should become vapor for any reason, it certainly won´t be hanging around long enough to turn back into ice!
Flabbergasted

Re: Falling satellites and other Dangers from Space

Postby lux on November 5th, 2013, 4:24 pm

... and, if the thermosphere's source of heat (4500° F) is the sun then the entire comet should vaporize any minute now.
lux

Re: Re:

Postby Heiwa on November 5th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Flabbergasted wrote:If comets are what they are said to be, and if they do contain ice, and if that ice should become vapor for any reason, it certainly won´t be hanging around long enough to turn back into ice!

Sorry, but everything of a comet moving/turning at high speed in space hangs together and nothing drops off in flight, when, e.g. slowly turning around the Sun as otherwise suggested by the NASA fools. Evidently the comet warms up, when it comes closer to and slingshots the Sun, but nothing, e.g. hot vapor or warm liquid, flies off in another direction or gets away on its own. Reason is that the forces acting on all cold, varm, hot parts of the comet are all in the same direction all the time when turning ... and no part, cold solid, warm liquid or hot gas, can go off in another direction. Simple physics. :rolleyes:

On a merry-go-round at Washington DC, USA, on the other hand, stupid people not holding on may be thrown off and get killed, but it is in the USA where other laws rule. :angry: In space it is much simpler. Everything in motion just moves on. :)

E.g. French satellites. If you for any reason want to put a satellite in space orbit around our planet Earth, I can recommend several French companies doing just that. I am of course a share holder (small) of these companies. :)
Heiwa

Postby simonshack on November 5th, 2013, 5:48 pm

Heiwa wrote:E.g. French satellites. If you for any reason want to put a satellite in space orbit around our planet Earth, I can recommend several French companies doing just that. I am of course a share holder (small) of these companies. :)

Gee - that's an astute investment, Heiwa! I sense that the Ever-Expanding-International-Spacehoax-Industry isn't going bankrupt anytime soon - if they can even get smart people like yourself to lend them their personal savings ! :lol:

Are you also a shareholder in ESA's ExoMars project, by any chance? That Ariane 5 rocket rocks - and seems to be a rather versatile launcher! :P

Esa will launch a mission called ExoMars in 2013 in which a robot rover will search the Martian surface for evidence of past or present life.
But Jean-Yves Le Gall, chief of Arianespace, which operates the Ariane 5 launcher, told BBC News: "It is clear that ExoMars will be launched by Ariane 5 because this is the European space policy which has been decided at the Berlin Ministerial Conference in 2005."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sci/tech/7093172.stm
simonshack
Administrator

Postby Flabbergasted on November 6th, 2013, 5:40 pm

Heiwa wrote:... nothing drops off in flight ... no part, cold solid, warm liquid or hot gas, can go off in another direction. Simple physics ... in space it is much simpler. Everything in motion just moves on.

Heiwa, no matter how many roll-eyes you include in your argument, there is nothing simple about the physics of space. We don´t even know for sure what conditions are like in near-absolute interplanetary vacuum. If we did, why are we even discussing it on this forum?
"Flight" is certainly not the same thing in space and in the atmosphere, so your analogies are of questionable value. Also, if the Moon isn´t large enough to retain an atmosphere, why would a tiny comet retain a cloud of gas? I thought we had agreed that gas and vacuum are incompatible!
Flabbergasted

Postby brianv on November 6th, 2013, 5:42 pm

@Heiwa

May I so bold as to ask - What return did you have on your "small investment"?
brianv

Postby Heiwa on November 6th, 2013, 7:15 pm

brianv wrote:@Heiwa

No problem. I bought plenty EADS shares at 17 and now they are at 52. What is that? 300%. OK, EADS is mostly Airbus, better EU planes than the US Boeing rubbish Dreamliners. But EADS is also in space and military scrap paid for by various governments. It appears that France and our rockets are actually able to put satellites in high altitude/velocity orbit around planet Earth. Simon doubts it. Evidently it is impossible to get those satellites back down safely. Everything sent up in space at high speed/altitude orbit will burn up on return. Hope we agree on that.
Only good return is my EADS investment. :D
Heiwa

Postby brianv on November 6th, 2013, 7:22 pm

Heiwa wrote:

No problem. I bought plenty EADS shares at 17 and now they are at 52. What is that? 300%. OK, EADS is mostly Airbus, better EU planes than the US Boeing rubbish Dreamliners. But EADS is also in space and military scrap paid for by various governments. It appears that France and our rockets are actually able to put satellites in high altitude/velocity orbit around planet Earth. Simon doubts it. Evidently it is impossible to get those satellites back down safely. Everything sent up in space at high speed/altitude orbit will burn up on return. Hope we agree on that.

Are ESA and Hairy Anne the sames as EADS ?
brianv

Postby Heiwa on November 6th, 2013, 7:28 pm

brianv wrote:
Heiwa wrote:

EADS is the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company N.V. mostly producing civilian airplanes. For European tax reasons the company is registered in the Netherlands.
Heiwa

Postby brianv on November 6th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Heiwa wrote:
brianv wrote:
Heiwa wrote:

EADS is the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company N.V. mostly producing civilian airplanes. For European tax reasons the company is registered in the Netherlands.

That's not what I asked, I asked if the Arriane project and the ESA are the same thing as EADS!
brianv

Postby simonshack on November 6th, 2013, 8:28 pm

brianv wrote:Are ESA and Hairy Anne the sames as EADS ?

"Hairy Anne" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

^_^ :mellow: An adult toy?

simonshack
Administrator

Postby simonshack on November 6th, 2013, 8:36 pm

brianv wrote:That's not what I asked, I asked if the Arriane project and the ESA are the same thing as EADS!

Yes, Brian. ( ...aaand 'the same as' Airbus - the 'European Boeing', so to speak - both being monopolist aircraft builders).

EADS:The European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company N.V. is a global pan-European aerospace and defence corporation registered in the Netherlands and a defence and military contractor worldwide. The group includes Airbus which manufactures commercial aircraft, and Airbus Military which manufactures tanker, transport and mission aircraft; Eurocopter, the world's largest helicopter supplier; Astrium, providing systems for aerial, land, naval and civilian security applications including Ariane, Galileo and Cassidian.

In 2013, it was announced that EADS is planning to change its name to Airbus Group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EADS

ESA is, of course, the European Space Agency that, of course, peddles Ariane (or Hairy Anne, as you nicely re-named it).
simonshack
Administrator

Previous

Return to Apollo, and more space hoaxes