Triangle on Sun

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
hoi.polloi

Triangle on Sun

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

The NASA boys are really having a laugh about UFOs now.

http://www.realufos.net/2012/03/giant-t ... n-sun.html

I normally do not want to discuss this kind of thing, but this kind of photoshopping is getting preposterous and I want to point it out so that we can establish, like the "Norway spiral" that this is likely more digital alteration or a coincidental shape (as the sun is changing all the time, and it does not in fact resemble a "perfect triangle" as alleged by the UFO site) and that this is not some spooky event.

I finally am considering that Dcopymope might be right about the self-styled "super class" wanting to fake an alien event.
LightCone

Re: Triangle on Sun

Unread post by LightCone »

For just this reason, may I propose that the "UFO Thread" be reopened.

Purported UFO videos/images need to have a dedicated topic on this forum; seeing how prevalent they have become in coloring mass consciousness. Many of the videos and images are intimately relevant to other topics of discussion on this forum like the ISS.

Discovering these connections will provide clarity in our construction of the "big picture" of fakery.
hoi.polloi

The kind of moderation such a subject would require is presently beyond the scope of this forum's administrators. Is there some way we could open a special forum in the LIVING ROOM for this subject and have it work?

Imagine the kinds of characters this subject would bring.

I don't know. I am torn. This photoshopping and UFO fakery is annoying, but on the other hand we have successfully just ignored such stupid and obvious fakery. Isn't that the best strategy?

I already regret posting this thing, and yet I don't because it shows NASA's clear violation of the trust given them. Maat, Simon, brianv, what do you say? Lock this topic? Delete it? I could go either way, but I hate to imagine a single administrator trying to stem the tide by themselves. Would we do a good job together at administrating something like this?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

hoi.polloi wrote: I already regret posting this thing, and yet I don't because it shows NASA's clear violation of the trust given them. Maat, Simon, brianv, what do you say? Lock this topic? Delete it? I could go either way, but I hate to imagine a single administrator trying to stem the tide by themselves. Would we do a good job together at administrating something like this?
Hoi, as you say, moderating such topics would be, I'm afraid, dreary and time-consuming. The thing is, my general feeling about such inane stories popping up now and then are precisely meant to be discussed in internet forums, in order to lower the general public's perceived level/quality of the www forums' content. The dumbing-down of worldwide TV viewers being now almost completed, I fear 'their' next target is the internet community.

But let it never be said that we indiscriminately censor UFO's from this forum: :P

lux

Unread post by lux »

My 2 cents:

While there is certainly a great deal of media shenanigans concerning the entire paranormal milieu comprised of UFOs, aliens, ghosts, bigfoot and all the rest, I suspect that including such topics here would result in a lowering of the overall standards of the forum and the way it is viewed by newcomers and the general public.

If you allow one such topic the rest are sure to follow.

And, I personally don't want to log on here and see threads about chupacapbras, the Bermuda Triangle, ancient astronauts, bleeding statues or potato chips that look like Jesus.

:)
hoi.polloi

Points well made. Topic closed.