Bill Ingalls: NASA shill or just the simulation of such?

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
hoi.polloi

Bill Ingalls: NASA shill or just the simulation of such?

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

brianv identified a Mister Bill Ingalls in the credits of the latest Mars boondoggle, and after browsing the present chief staff of NASA I've found him credited a handful of times along with NASA. This got me wondering, just who is this person who is apparently the main freelance photographer for such a quirky, perpy, terrorist organization as NASA?

What I found was a kind of Paul Giamatti sort of figure hunched in the corner of a frame on his own web site. And indeed, he outright states on his site that he is the main contract photographer (or has been issued a fancy title to lead one to assume).
BillIngalls_shapeimage_3.png
BillIngalls_shapeimage_3.png (64.37 KiB) Viewed 3408 times
From http://ingallsimages.com/?page_id=9
Bill Ingalls has been a professional photographer for over 25 years and has served as the Senior Contract Photographer for NASA Headquarters since 1989. Bill holds two Bachelor of Art degrees in English and Visual Communications.

Bill has traveled the world photographing missions for NASA. His assignments have taken him from familiar locations, such as the Kennedy Space Center, to the inside of an active volcano in Alaska; the Oval Office; the inside of a DC-8, flying through a hurricane; the hearing rooms of Capitol Hill, to the brutally cold Kazakh steppes.

Bill’s photographs have appeared on television and in hundreds of magazines, newspapers and books throughout the world, including National Geographic, Newsweek, Time, the Washington Post, Fortune, People, Good House Keeping, The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times. Bill is recognized amongst his peers for capturing some of our country’s historic moments including the first launch of a US citizen on a Russian rocket and JFK, Jr’s last visit to the White House.

Bill has worked as a freelance photographer and taught television production at the college level.
I'd bet if he were a proven real person that he could indeed offer people tips on "Good House Keeping" if you know what I mean. I'm definitely not saying there's a doppelganger of Giamatti running about taking NASA pictures. (Ears too small, less-chubbified face) I mean, that's definitely not what I'm saying. I'm just saying someone as image conscious as Ingalls, as someone who works for a stickler and faker like NASA must be to be hired by them, should be aware of the look he's maybe unconsciously stealing from someone as image conscious as one of the more famous Scientologist kinda Hollywood folks. That's all I'm saying, you know.
24artsbeat-paul-articleInline.jpg
24artsbeat-paul-articleInline.jpg (12.11 KiB) Viewed 3404 times
paul_giamatti.jpeg
paul_giamatti.jpeg (6.03 KiB) Viewed 3404 times