ENDEAVOUR - the 30-year Space Shuttle hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: ENDEAVOUR - & other modern NASA efforts

Unread post by simonshack »

Ehrm...

Sorry for the slightly boombastic, RED TITLE, folks...

Well. I will now pre-emptively defend myself from the ubiquitous aspiring debunkers. I guess they will say something around these lines: :rolleyes:

"Duh! They were probably just servicing Atlantis when that picture was taken! They had just removed that rod momentarily to test it for resistance! The other rod is clearly visible and was clearly, as we can visibly see, strong enough to hold the shuttle's weight! Duh - what a kooky conspiracy theorist you are, Simon!" <_<

Two rods - and ONE bolt ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

From now on I will, quite frankly, call anyone who vouches for this NASA shite a "tinfoil-hat-nutcase".

Source reference for the Endeavour shot:
NASA official website
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shutt ... index.html

Source reference for the Atlantis shot:
"Nasa shuttle launch Atlantis high definition 1280x720"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBNr-oNT1g&feature=fvst

p.s. for nonhocapito: It looks like those high-res pictures of the shuttle you found are the equivalent of the NIST "foia act archives" of 9/11. The perps are now trying to psyop us again with very crisp, high-definition pictures. The question you asked in a previous post ("why are there no high-defintion videos of the space-shuttle launches?") is easily answered, in my honest opinion: it is MUCH easier to compose fake still pictures than it is to compose fake videos. That's all.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

What if what happens when you try to leave the atmosphere is you simply fry from radiation - so they can only keep things in L.E.O. all this time?
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

simonshack wrote:Well. I will now pre-emptively defend myself from the ubiquitous aspiring debunkers.
I hate to be such a pain, but the rod is not missing. Its color is a little faded and blends with the background, but it is there all right. Looking at the video on youtube --maybe in full screen-- makes it perfectly visible, since the video is HD. I'm not going to grab a screenshot for this, because it is easy for everyone to find. It is at the 0:44 mark.
I can't say I appreciate to be called an aspiring debunker, though. <_< Maybe I am missing something but this isn't about debunking. It is about valuing the good clues versus those that can bite us in the ass later.
simonshack
Administrator

nonhocapito wrote: I hate to be such a pain, but the rod is not missing. Its color is a little faded and blends with the background, but it is there all right. Looking at the video on youtube --maybe in full screen-- makes it perfectly visible.
Is it? Where is it?

Stop that video at 0:46. Can you see the rod? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBNr-oNT1g&feature=fvst

And - of course - the fact that the tank is reddish (on the Endeavour HIGH-DEF image) and greenish (on the Atlantis HIGH-DEF image) is only due to "video compression", yes?
nonhocapito

Stop that video at 0:46. can you see the rod?
yes... :)

(maybe your youtube page is loading the video at a lower quality...?)

As to the color of the tank, my guess is that artificial lights (since the two pictures are inside vs. outside) altered it, but I wouldn't know.
simonshack
Administrator

nonhocapito wrote:
Stop that video at 0:46. can you see the rod?
yes... :)

(maybe your youtube page is loading the video at a lower quality...?)

As to the color of the tank, my guess is that floodlights altered it, but I wouldn't know.
My youtube page page is loading the video at a lower quality?

Wow. I'll have to check that!

The floodlights altered the colors of those high-definition videos? Well, damn those floodlights - and all the decades spent by the ISO standard technicians who worked their asses off ensuring that white is white - and black is black (and the RGB standards). Nonho: are you pulling my leg? Please provide me a link where I can see - NOW - that missing rod, ok?
nonhocapito

simonshack wrote:Nonho: are you pulling my leg? lPlease provide me a link where I can see - NOW - that missing rod, ok?
Simon, no need to use your capital "NOW". What do you think, that I photoshopped the picture in question? Or that I made a rendering on the spot only to "debunk" you? The link is the same one you provided. The screenshot is taken by the video on this page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBNr-oNT1g
Believe it or not, Youtube does change the quality of the video being streamed. To the right of the commands under the video on the youtube page, you can see a number, like "360p". Clicking on it, you can switch to different qualities of the same video.

-- as to the lights, I don't see the importance of the detail but yes, if the lights have a tinge of blue (like neon lights) orange should get greenish, no? In the picture lights on the various levels do seem to tend to blue.
simonshack
Administrator

Nonho,

What is this? (in your honest opinion, that is).

nonhocapito

simonshack wrote:Nonho,

What is this? (in your honest opinion, that is).

I wondered about that myself, Simon. At first it almost seemed as if the tank was missing one of the rockets.
Anyway if my guess is correct the Atlantis picture is taken inside the hangar, before the shuttle is phallically rolled out. So the panel would be just part of the structure of the hangar, and despite the tricky POV here, probably distant enough from the rocket that it hides. Part of the same panel is visible in the sequences leading to that shot, in fact, as the camera goes up in the elevator and the very rhetoric muzak plays.
simonshack
Administrator

Nonho, my friend

Can't you see these pictures are nothing but crappy photoshop jobs?

fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Brutal Metal wrote:If I say I've witnessed some sort of space vehicle launch into the air from Cape Canaveral with the eyes that have been in my head since birth am I debunking anything in particular?
I think you can do a lot better than that. As you very well know, this forum is devoted to analyzing images/videos of suspicious events. Since none of us is inside your head, we can't know - and thus don't really care - whether you actually believe you saw something.

We all need to be VERY careful with our choice of words when discussing each other's work. Simon has now proved conclusively that many of the images/videos of NASA 'launches' are fake. I don't believe Simon has ever come close to proposing that nothing has ever been launched from Cape Canaveral.

Why in the world didn't you post a launch image/video that you have already determined is trustworthy? Instead, you not-very-subtly question Simon's credibility, judgment and work. Hiss.

P.S. I've actually liked most of your posts, so my comments are really aimed more at all the shills and trolls lurking on the forum. Thank you for not taking it personally.
Brutal Metal

Unread post by Brutal Metal »

"I believe I saw something??" Man that's funny :P Don't personally care if you believe I watched a vehicle designed for space travel launch from a pad in Florida, yeah every resident of this state is in on it, it's all a Big Sham!! We get paid by the government to perpetuate a FARCE! Nasa is a Big Joke over and Out!! :D And show me ONE PLACE in this thread where I attacked Simon's work and credibility? You won't see any comment from me about the validity of the images or videos that have been shared, I don't have an opinion on them, just simply stating I've lived here since 1989 and I've seen launches along with a million other people..

On a lighter note: Enjoy! This is our government hard at work protecting the citizens of the US... That's a good boy puppet Barack sign it and we'll allow you to stay where your at for 4 more years whispers the perps!!
[Quote "Obama signs Patriot Act extension with autopen!"
Congress on Thursday passed a four-year extension of post-Sept. 11 powers to search records and conduct roving wiretaps in pursuit of terrorists. Votes taken in rapid succession in the Senate and House came after lawmakers rejected attempts to temper the law enforcement powers to ensure that individual liberties are not abused.]
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Brutal Metal wrote:"I believe I saw something??" Man that's funny :P Don't personally care if you believe I watched a vehicle designed for space travel launch from a pad in Florida, yeah every resident of this state is in on it, it's all a Big Sham!! We get paid by the government to perpetuate a FARCE! Nasa is a Big Joke over and Out!! :D And show me ONE PLACE in this thread where I attacked Simon's work and credibility? You won't see any comment from me about the validity of the images or videos that have been shared, I don't have an opinion on them, just simply stating I've lived here since 1989 and I've seen launches along with a million other people..

On a lighter note: Enjoy! This is our government hard at work protecting the citizens of the US... That's a good boy puppet Barack sign it and we'll allow you to stay where your at for 4 more years whispers the perps!!
[Quote "Obama signs Patriot Act extension with autopen!"
Congress on Thursday passed a four-year extension of post-Sept. 11 powers to search records and conduct roving wiretaps in pursuit of terrorists. Votes taken in rapid succession in the Senate and House came after lawmakers rejected attempts to temper the law enforcement powers to ensure that individual liberties are not abused.]
There is no such thing as a free launch around here! Brutal, ever think of taking a photograph or video of the launch? How far is Disney from the Cape?
Last edited by brianv on Fri May 27, 2011 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonshack
Administrator

Nonho,

Sorry for the tone of my posts last night - I was only getting annoyed with those NAS(T)A pictures - not with you! :)

I believe it is undisputable that something is very wrong with that 'green shot' (grabbed from this HD video at 0:46 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBNr-oNT1g

When comparing it to the 'red shot' (admittedly a higher resolution still), it simply doesn't make sense for that rod on the near side to be pretty much invisible - especially since the other rod on the far side is quite visible. . The rods in the 'red' shot are considerably lighter than their background (the darker tank) so there is no reason why one of them should virtually disappear in the 'green shot' only because of some lower resolution issue. There would appear to be a cut (see white arrow) - not that I know why this was made, but I would say the most likely answer to this little mystery is 'sloppy photoshopping'.

nonhocapito

simonshack wrote:Sorry for the tone of my posts last night - I was only getting annoyed with those NAS(T)A pictures - not with you! :)
Not to worry my man, I can take it, it's all good :)

I probably need to think about scenarios too...
I would not be surprised at all if NASA was faking the imagery of the shuttle missions, whether to cover technical details, cover for possible errors, or to fake the whole thing .
Yet we know satellites exist and it is not impossible to imagine that eventually they figured the transition from satellite to space station, and actually put people up there serviced by these shuttles. I know they are hopeless liars and cheats, but on the other hand I am sure the space station is there (if it is there) chiefly for military purposes -- so maybe this thing had to be done and could not be faked. After all to put people in lower orbit within the magnetic field has certainly been done and can be done, it is not like going to the moon.

And yet they tell us the missions will soon be over, the last remaining parts will be brought up to the station and shuttle will cease to exist. It is really strange. Without even going into the twins, the photoshopped gabby, the tucson shooting, the pope and the royal wedding and what else...? :rolleyes: