Istanbul Airport bombing, 28 June 2016

Discussing the most relevant "sequels" or "reminders" of 9/11. The so-called "War On Terror" is a global scam finalized to manipulate this world's population with crass fear-mongering tactics designed to scare you shitless.

Re: Istanbul Airport bombing, 28 June 2016

Postby nonhocapito on July 3rd, 2016, 3:34 pm

daddie_o wrote:Here was a nice catch by Lift the Veil (aka Nathan Stolpman) of a glitch in whatever video editing algorithm they used for one of the Istanbul videos. He doesn't understand video editing (and neither do I), but he assumes it's an artifact of the hoax (as do I). Perhaps Simon or others can weigh in on what this is.



full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvhjgW0i8RI

By the way, I just want to say that I saw someone in another thread saying that Lift the Veil is disinfo. I actually disagree with that assessment, for what it's worth. In any case the video is worth watching.


*All* the disinfo players of the new generation (pass me the term) we have seen so far share some common traits. One of them is that they don't like writing on forums: they prefer making "viral" videos. The reason is simple: on video nobody can question their statements. Things are virtually impossible to discuss because they are not black on white to be evaluated, but flow quickly away.

Whenever I see people making videos instead of actually discussing and confronting their ideas by writing them down, I immediately become suspicious. And so should you.
(And before someone raises the argument, what makes September Clues incredibly different, is not only the quality and depth of the work, but also that it comes with this forum.)

Furthermore, in this video in particular the observations made by this person are all attitude. All he is telling us is that the stories are contradictory: I fully agree, but this is something that could be dismissed as bad journalism. To emancipate people from the hypnosis of media we need more transparency on HOW THE MANIPULATION WORKS.

Also, I am quite surprised by the completely dismissive theory he puts forward in regards to the "video of a video" technique. Here's what he says:

"there's a technique to this... I'll give you secret on it. It's so that the media can report on it, and there's no way anybody would know the source because it's somebody taking a... video [insert attitude here] of a video. So you'd have to go too many steps down, you'll have to find the person who took the video and then... [logic uncertainty] who knows where the video they were recording came from, and there's be absolutely no way to find the source for it."


This is why videos don't work. If I write down the above lines, you can immediately see how they the logic is flawed and how the message being expressed is void. But in the video the attitude (or like with the "chemtrails" videos, the scary music) carries you through the most flimsy arguments.

The secret of this "technique" has already been discussed in this thread. It's not about covering the source.
1) there are not "too many steps": the steps are just two and could be walked rather easily.
2) This is presented as CCTV footage, so we already know the source. The source is the freaking airport. :wacko:

Deliberate or not, what you are witnessing here is simple misdirection: so that you don't consciously pick up on the real reason why we have a "video of a video". The real reason is to lower the quality of the image so that an informed assessment on the authenticity is impossible.

After giving us his "secret" he also adds:
"I don't know what camera footage they're using... could be of anything. It's disturbing, because it looks like bombs blowing up and stuff".

Now that's a weird statement which simply makes things more confusing without any reason, implying these bombs might really have exploded, but somewhere else.

As to the "cloning" that happens on the footage (at around minute 15:22), it certainly raises a few questions, and I will not defend it as legit: but I'm afraid it could be explained away as a glitch in the compression layers (if this makes any sense, I am not an expert).
In other words, it might be one of those cases where a disinfo player will throw you a bone (because they do need to give you something to gain credit), knowing well there's no meat on it.

Anyway a good find and we can judge it (without the attitude of a commentator in the way) here:


full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9God77NRoo

here's the cloning effect:

cloning.gif
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2492
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 6:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: Istanbul Airport bombing, 28 June 2016

Postby SacredCowSlayer on July 3rd, 2016, 4:35 pm

nonhocapito wrote:
daddie_o wrote:Here was a nice catch by Lift the Veil (aka Nathan Stolpman) of a glitch in whatever video editing algorithm they used for one of the Istanbul videos. He doesn't understand video editing (and neither do I), but he assumes it's an artifact of the hoax (as do I). Perhaps Simon or others can weigh in on what this is.

By the way, I just want to say that I saw someone in another thread saying that Lift the Veil is disinfo. I actually disagree with that assessment, for what it's worth. In any case the video is worth watching.


*All* the disinfo players of the new generation (pass me the term) we have seen so far share some common traits. One of them is that they don't like writing on forums: they prefer making "viral" videos. The reason is simple: on video nobody can question their statements. Things are virtually impossible to discuss because they are not black on white to be evaluated, but flow quickly away.

Whenever I see people making videos instead of actually discussing and confronting their ideas by writing them down, I immediately become suspicious. And so should you.
(And before someone raises the argument, what makes September Clues incredibly different, is not only the quality and depth of the work, but also that it comes with this forum.)

Furthermore, in this video in particular the observations made by this person are all attitude. All he is telling us is that the stories are contradictory: I fully agree, but this is something that could be dismissed as bad journalism. To emancipate people from the hypnosis of media we need more transparency on HOW THE MANIPULATION WORKS.

Also, I am quite surprised by the completely dismissive theory he puts forward in regards to the "video of a video" technique. Here's what he says:

"there's a technique to this... I'll give you secret on it. It's so that the media can report on it, and there's no way anybody would know the source because it's somebody taking a... video [insert attitude here] of a video. So you'd have to go too many steps down, you'll have to find the person who took the video and then... [logic uncertainty] who knows where the video they were recording came from, and there's be absolutely no way to find the source for it."


This is why videos don't work. If I write down the above lines, you can immediately see how they the logic is flawed and how the message being expressed is void. But in the video the attitude (or like with the "chemtrails" videos, the scary music) carries you through the most flimsy arguments.

The secret of this "technique" has already been discussed in this thread. It's not about covering the source.
1) there are not "too many steps": the steps are just two and could be walked rather easily.
2) This is presented as CCTV footage, so we already know the source. The source is the freaking airport. :wacko:

Deliberate or not, what you are witnessing here is simple misdirection: so that you don't consciously pick up on the real reason why we have a "video of a video". The real reason is to lower the quality of the image so that an informed assessment on the authenticity is impossible.

After giving us his "secret" he also adds:
"I don't know what camera footage they're using... could be of anything. It's disturbing, because it looks like bombs blowing up and stuff".

Now that's a weird statement which simply makes things more confusing without any reason, implying these bombs might really have exploded, but somewhere else.

As to the "cloning" that happens on the footage (at around minute 15:22), it certainly raises a few questions, and I will not defend it as legit: but I'm afraid it could be explained away as a glitch in the compression layers (if this makes any sense, I am not an expert).
In other words, it might be one of those cases where a disinfo player will throw you a bone (because they do need to give you something to gain credit), knowing well there's no meat on it.

Anyway a good find and we can judge it (without the attitude of a commentator in the way) here:


full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9God77NRoo

here's the cloning effect:

cloning.gif


Nonho,

Very well explained. I assume you were typing this very articulate reply while I was posting my own to daddio (since he was referencing my and CluedIn's previous suspicion of LTV as disinfo) just a few minutes prior to yours.

Thank you for going in to such depth on how disinfo really works and the purpose of it.
These disinfo agents skip over the most basic elements of fakery by making (implicit, unannounced, and deceitful) assumptions and skip straight to the "analysis" of the stories etc.

Also, I did watch the "video" you posted. It's laughable in every way. Both the imagery and the stories are truly pitiful. Just a single skeptical brain cell at work should make one aware of the synthetic nature of this event.

Note: Your thesis on this very type of disinfo belongs on the Anatomy of a Hoax thread IMO, since the same tactics continue to be used and recycled ad nauseam.
Last edited by SacredCowSlayer on July 3rd, 2016, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SacredCowSlayer
Member
 
Posts: 238
Joined: September 5th, 2015, 10:44 pm

Re: Istanbul Airport bombing, 28 June 2016

Postby CluedIn on July 3rd, 2016, 4:47 pm

As SCS stated, I also have a problem with this guy, after having followed him for a short time. This is on the main page of his site lifttheveil411.com on the left (his donate thru Paypal is on the right):

Lift the Veil

I promise to be honest with you, but what you hear may not be the truth.

I'm sorry - but that motto turns me off completely. We are living in a world full of B.S. so I don't need to wade thru a supposed truthers cryptic motto that greets me when I visit his site. <_< The fact that he called CF a "honey trap" was the nail in the coffin for me.
CluedIn
Member
 
Posts: 230
Joined: December 1st, 2015, 1:15 pm

Re: Istanbul Airport bombing, 28 June 2016

Postby SacredCowSlayer on July 3rd, 2016, 4:55 pm

CluedIn wrote:As SCS stated, I also have a problem with this guy, after having followed him for a short time. This is on the main page of his site lifttheveil411.com on the left (his donate thru Paypal is on the right):

Lift the Veil

I promise to be honest with you, but what you hear may not be the truth.

I'm sorry - but that motto turns me off completely. We are living in a world full of B.S. so I don't need to wade thru a supposed truthers cryptic motto that greets me when I visit his site. <_< The fact that he called CF a "honey trap" was the nail in the coffin for me.


Indeed the "honey trap" remark, combined with his lumping in of CF with "other conspiracy sites" just pushed me past the point of being able to give the benefit of the doubt to him (it?).
SacredCowSlayer
Member
 
Posts: 238
Joined: September 5th, 2015, 10:44 pm

Re: Istanbul Airport bombing, 28 June 2016

Postby nonhocapito on July 3rd, 2016, 7:51 pm

SacredCowSlayer wrote:These disinfo agents skip over the most basic elements of fakery by making (implicit, unannounced, and deceitful) assumptions and skip straight to the "analysis" of the stories etc.

Very true, generally speaking they seem to always rush through the interesting parts, because they don't actually want their public to become empowered in front of the faked images, but rather to be even more confused and humbled by the layers of complexity that are hinted at.
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2492
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 6:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: Istanbul Airport bombing, 28 June 2016

Postby daddie_o on July 4th, 2016, 2:57 pm

Well, I think everybody makes some good points, although I don't agree with all of it. I was about to go point by point through the points I disagree with, but then I realized I really don't have a dog in this fight -- I don't really care if anybody thinks he's controlled opposition, and my assessment might very well be wrong. And ultimately I agree with all of your constructive comments about where the emphasis of the analysis should be placed. I think the video has some good material in it, regardless of the format and the provider.
daddie_o
Member
 
Posts: 80
Joined: April 30th, 2016, 11:21 am

Previous

Return to London, Madrid, Oslo and other faked terror events: the psyops are everywhere

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests