AL-AWLAKI killed in US air strike

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
LightCone

Re: AL-AWLAKI killed in US air strike

Unread post by LightCone »

The recently slain American al-Qaida cleric at the center of dozens of terror plots, including the 9/11 attacks, led a seedy double life that included a penchant for hookers and underage girls, a blockbuster new book reveals.

In the 1990s, Anwar Awlaki, then an imam at a small San Diego mosque, was picked up twice by San Diego police for soliciting prostitutes. He served no jail time.

The Muslim holy man was also cited for loitering around playgrounds and schools. Local detectives believe he may have been a pedophile on the prowl.

U.S.-born Awlaki, 40, was killed last week in a CIA drone strike in Yemen, following his designation last year as a top al-Qaida terrorist.

Within months of being named prayer leader of Masjid al-Rabat just outside San Diego in 1996, Awlaki was arrested for soliciting a prostitute in a nearby redlight district. He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and was fined $400, after enrolling in an AIDS awareness program.

But the cleric was unfazed by the embarrassing bust.

The next year, he was arrested again for vice. This time, Awlaki was sentenced to three years probation and fined $240. He was also ordered to perform 12 days of community service.

Then in 2002, after taking over a large mosque in the Washington suburbs, Awlaki was caught on tape at a Virginia ATM with a young prostitute he'd picked up in the district and driven across the Potomac. The woman was a minor, and federal authorities considered busting Awlaki under the Mann Act, an obscure federal law originally passed in 1910 to stop johns and pimps from trafficking underage girls across state lines.

But the case was never prosecuted – one of many investigations against the Saudi Embassy-connected terrorist to mysteriously lose traction.

Awlaki at the time lived in Falls Church, Va., with his wife and children.

In his sermons at the Dar al-Hijrah Islamic Center, and in his widely circulated taped lectures, he railed against sins of the flesh, and spoke openly about his disgust for fornication on Earth.

He was held up in the Muslim community as a paragon of traditional Islamic virtues.

"While employed at Dar Al-Hijrah, he was known for his interfaith outreach, civic engagement and tolerance in the Northern Virginia community," said Dar al-Hijrah spokesman Johari Abdul-Malik.

But investigators and terror experts say he was a hypocrite.

"In both cities, he held important leadership positions at the mosque. He had a young wife and a family," said Fox News national security correspondent Catherine Herridge, author of "The Next Wave: On the Hunt for Al-Qaeda's American Recruits." "Yet, in his off time, in Virginia and in San Diego, Awlaki let off steam in inappropriate ways."

His seedy side could tarnish his martyr status and give his many slavish followers pause. At least one former member of his San Diego flock says he's offended by news of Awlaki's indiscretions.

"You have this guy who's actively sitting there telling people, you know, this is how you should conduct your affairs," said a Muslim convert to Islam identified by Herridge as having known Awlaki at the al-Rabat mosque. "If that's the case, he should also say that, you know, while you're going down El Cajon Boulevard (in the redlight distict, not far from Awlaki's old mosque), on this side of he street they have the more expensive prostitutes, and this side they have the cheaper ones."

Awlaki privately counseled the 9/11 hijackers and later, the Fort Hood terrorist. Before carrying out their attacks, interestingly, they patronized topless bars.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=352561

:lol:
Last edited by LightCone on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Good grief - what obvious trash "War On Terror" propaganda tripe...

"New York on alert over possible revenge attacks after Bin Laden hunters wipe out Al Qaeda boss who preached hate in America" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... illed.html

Yeah - it's Getty images. And we now know who THEY are.

Caption:
"Threat: The al Qaeda magazine 'Inspire' published a picture of Grand Central station in New York in what is believed to be a warning."

COMING SOON ... :rolleyes:

****************************************************************************************************************************************

And here's another article about "the rising stars of Al-Qaeda" - which lists these names:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 82117.html

Anwar al-Awlaki

Background: Born in New Mexico, Awlaki is a dual US and Yemeni citizen. He is said to have been directly in contact with three of the 9/11 hijackers, the Fort Hood gunman Nidal Malik Hasan and Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the underpants bomber.

Price on his head: The US government has tried to kill him, but has not yet offered a bounty.

Ayman al-Zawahiri

Background: Longtime deputy of Osama bin Laden, he is widely tipped to take over as leader ofal-Qa'ida. Born in Egypt, Zawahiri trained as a surgeon before becoming head of Islamic Jihad.

Price on his head: $25m. He is indicted in the US for the 1998 bombing of American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

Location: Probably Pakistan, but likely to be on the move after Bin Laden's killing.

Abu Yahya al-Libi

Background: Charismatic Libyan Islamic scholar who has risen rapidly through the ranks. Dramatically escaped from the high-security military prison in Bagram, Afghanistan, in 2005.

Price on his head: $1m

Location: He is thought to be in Afghanistan or Pakistan, but the raid on Bin Laden's hide-out may provide more accurate intelligence.

Adam Gadahn

Background: An American, Gadahn, who was born Adam Pearlman, is one of al-Qa'ida's leading spokesmen, especially for the English-speaking world. Regarded as a key leader of As Sahab, al-Qa'ida's media arm.

Price on his head: $1m

Location: Probably Pakistan. Reports that he has already been killed have been denied.

Nassir al-Wuhayshi

Background: The Yemeni leader of al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula, he once served as Osama bin Laden's secretary. Escaped Iranian custody in 2005 and now heads lists of wanted terrorists in Yemen and Saudi Arabia.

Price on his head: No specific value, although as a key lieutenant of Bin Laden's, al-Wuhayshi would be a prized capture.

Ilyas Kashmiri

Background: Barely known among the US public, but Kashmiri, a Pakistani, has been wanted by the Americans for several years. A former Pakistani army commando, he is thought to be behind plans for 'Mumbai-style' attacks in Europe.

Price on his head: Nothing yet, but he is seen as a charismaticrising star within al-Qa'ida

Location: Probably Pakistan. It is unclear whether he still has contacts within the Pakistani army.
And here's yet another BBC article listing more of those alleged 'Al-Qaeda' terrorists:
"Al-Qaeda's remaining leaders" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11489337

In the light of what we know, the obvious bogusness of Binladen and Al-Qaeda itself, I humbly wonder why ANYONE can lend any credence to these personnages (as being anything else than pure fabrications or, at best, western intelligence assets/ clown actors).
warriorhun

Unread post by warriorhun »

Dear simonshack and All,

If anyone knows how a terrorist/urban guerilla is able to operate, collect intelligence, plan and carry out attacks, and co-operate with/lead fellow terrorists/urban guerillas, when his name is known, his face is known, and all Western intelligence agencies backed by unlimited monetary and human assets are looking for him and for anyone who is connected to him-please tell me.

If you were one such terrorist/urban guerilla, would you communicate with a cell-leader who's face and name is on the wanted poster in every Western intel agency, and his location is very well guessed? How would you know he is not followed already? That he may be captured tomorrow and would spill everything about you after a little torture? Because I wouldn't if I were one, but people are different...

It is beyond my limited imagination. :)
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by reel.deal »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ^ ^ ^ spot on, warriorhun...

1998 - Osama Bin Laden Interview with ABC John Miller

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX6lD4_uuB8

Osama Bin Laden Gives CNN Interview While Wanted By CIA And FBI (97-98)

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXOslH6aM1E

Our Lackey - 'Awlaki' - should have done a bunch of AD-HOC CNN & ABC INTERVIEWS WITH FUTURE CIA DIRECTORS -
then, same as Osama, HE could have GONE ON THE RUN & "VANISHED" FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS TOO...

;)
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

reel.deal wrote: 1998 - Osama Bin Laden Interview with ABC's John Miller [/b]
'JOURNALIST' John Miller?

Now wait a minute. Let us check out John Miller's full bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mille ... rnalist%29

- 1985 to 1994: investigative journalist for WNBC
- 1994–1995 : Deputy Police Commissioner of New York City as chief spokesman for Commissioner William Bratton.
- 1995-2002 : ABC News correspondent / co-anchor with Barbara Walters of the ABC program, 20/20. During the September 11 terrorist attacks, he was Peter Jennings' "right-hand man" at the anchor desk.
- 2003: Quits ABC to rejoin William Bratton at the Los Angeles Police Department as their Bureau Chief for the Counter-Terrorism and Criminal Intelligence Bureau. In this position, Miller launches the Archangel Critical Asset Assessment Management System (ACAMS), which has been adopted by other cities and states for ongoing risk-assessment of potential terrorist targets.
- 2005: Assistant Director of the FBI for Public Affairs, where he was the Bureau's national spokesman ( among his collateral duties was to serve on the Strategic Execution Team (SET) to establish performance measurement standards for intelligence operations across the FBI's 56 field offices). After which, John Miller gets promoted to...
- 2009: Associate Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Analytic Transformation and Technology. (???) :blink:

Huh? What's that? - you may ask. Well, here's a 2009 article which may give you an idea:
http://techdailydose.nationaljournal.co ... -intel.php
"According to sources familiar with Miller's plans, he would move to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, where he'd head up a team devoted to "analytic transformation." It was established in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks to improve the ability of analysts to share information across bureaucratic boundaries and to encourage them to use new technologies, such as social networking."
There you have it: THIS is the "journalist" credited for the "journalistic scoop" of interviewing Binladen back in 1998... <_<

On the top of my head, I would say that John Miller is up in his neck in the 9/11 hoax - and possibly even one of the masterminds and myth-makers behind the entirely fabricated Binladen personnage. I am exerting, I believe, my right of freedom of speech and will gladly retract this legitimate supposition of mine immediately - should Mr. Miller provide convincing evidence to the contrary.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Re: OBL
Has anyone ever seen footage of him speaking in his mother tongue with subtitles [in English] so that there is no ambiguity in what he says or how he has said it?

I can only ever remember seeing him speaking but with the overdubbed voice of an actor/translator, consequently one can never be sure that what the actor is saying is actually what OBL said.
Guerrero

Unread post by Guerrero »

Ok. Folks. Here's where I am at with this now. If you look at mainstream media reports on Al-Awaki, you'll find very little, actually nothing, that demonstrates who this guy was REALLY. Which suggests to me, that he was a real person. The only videos/anything that I can google that is supposedly him inciting people to kill Americans, are youtube videos in Arabic....being that I am no arabic speaker, I have no idea if the translation by CNN is accurate. Something tells me it's not. Then there is this story of him soliciting prostitutes, never heard that one before, sounds like a load of character trashing bullshite...why would they need to trash the character of a false persona?

Now if you look at wikipedia's version of Alawaki, WOW, i knew wikipedia was a medium for propaganda, but THIS, his biography on there, takes the cake, imho. :o They mention him soliciiting prostitutes with four to five footnotes supposedly citing the "proof"...however, if you actually go to those citations, those articles mention nothing about him soliciting prositutes... :blink:

The only youtube videos I could find of Anwar speaking in english, about muslim topics and geared towards muslims, don't mention anything about killing Americans. There is a youtube video however, made right after 9/11, with him saying that to kill Americans for the war being waged against Iraq or Afghanistan is as wrong as the wars themselves. :huh: .... yet according to wikipedia (wow just wow), he was considered an islamic terrorist violent propagating threat since 1997...hmmmmmm :wacko:

I think Anwar was a real muslim cleric who got picked out of many to be the next "face" of "islamic terrorism" simply cuz he was fairly popular with western mulsims at one point, but unfortunately, western muslims seem to eat up western media propaganda as easily as their non-muslim counterparts, and therefore, once the media started reporting that this guy, Anwar, had become a muslim radical (which the stories don't match, according to wikipedia, he'd been a radical since 1997, according to NYT, he'd been a radical since 2008....come on folks...get your stories straight :blink: ), the majority of muslims bought it hook line and sinker just like everyone else. :wacko:
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Guerrero wrote:Then there is this story of him soliciting prostitutes, never heard that one before, sounds like a load of character trashing bullshite...why would they need to trash the character of a false persona?
To make his backstory more believable to the American sheeple, and make it easier for the Christian moralists to think of him as, not just a terrorist bastard, but a hypocrital Muslim as well.
Guerrero

fbenario wrote:
Guerrero wrote:Then there is this story of him soliciting prostitutes, never heard that one before, sounds like a load of character trashing bullshite...why would they need to trash the character of a false persona?
To make his backstory more believable to the American sheeple, and make it easier for the Christian moralists to think of him as, not just a terrorist bastard, but a hypocrital Muslim as well.
Hmmm...I partially disagree. I think he's a real person, but who was manipulated by the media into a terrorist persona that wasn't real in order to serve a government goal/agenda - perhaps that being a reason to conduct drone attacks on Yemen and create disorder there and oust the current ruling regime.

I think the prositute story is a false one concocted in order to yes, make him appear as a hypocritical muslim which could serve two purposes: 1) to make him lose support from the american muslim public, who might otherwise rally behind his family to demand he be given his constitutional right to a trial, 2) to trash muslims in general to the non-muslim public, giving them a message of, see, they're just as trashy and hypocritical as everyone else....or something like that. Personally, I don't see how the prositute story lends the overall story any more credibility, in fact it makes it all a bit more fishy, imho.

I might be wrong. Perhaps the unwillingness to give Alwaki a real trial is because in reality he doesn't exist or he was an inside agent who now is living somewhere, having fulfillled his duty, but as we have seen with gabrielle giffords supposed shooter, they can fake a trial as easily as a person, who would be the wiser? So I still believe he's a real person, who was turned by the media, into a terrorist monster. <_<
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Guerrero wrote:
fbenario wrote:
Hmmm...I partially disagree. I think he's a real person
I wasn't commenting on whether he's a real person, I was merely answering your question I quoted. I'm glad you agree with my response.
Guerrero

fbenario wrote:
Guerrero wrote:
Hmmm...I partially disagree. I think he's a real person
I wasn't commenting on whether he's a real person, I was merely answering your question I quoted. I'm glad you agree with my response.
Oh...I see. Sorry for the confusion. I guess I was ultimately responding to the theory posed at large in this thread which is that he is a totally faked persona, with which, I don't agree. Glad you are not so decisive on that point.

On another note, anyone know of a thread on here adressing the Unabomber of day's old? I am now begininning to realize that he, most likely, is a totally faked persona, especially considering the fact that his entire "supposed" manifesto was published in full by NYT. ^_^