AL-AWLAKI killed in US air strike

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
simonshack
Administrator

AL-AWLAKI killed in US air strike

Unread post by simonshack »

The bs never stops... :rolleyes: :angry:

ASSOCIATED PRESS REPORTS ( on September 29, 2011) :
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... l-14633522

ANWAR AL-AWLAKI KILLED IN US AIR RAID

Quote from Wickedpedia: "The U.S. Under Secretary of the Treasury for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence warned that al-Awlaki "is extraordinarily dangerous, committed to carrying out deadly attacks on Americans and others worldwide. With a blog, a Facebook page, and many YouTube videos, he had been described as the "bin Laden of the Internet"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki
FOX NEWS
"Al-Awlaki would be the most prominent Al Qaeda figure to be killed since Usama bin Laden's death in a U.S. raid in Pakistan in May. In July, U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said the Yemeni-American was a priority target alongside Ayman al-Zawahri, bin Laden's successor as the terror network's leader."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/30/us ... ki-killed/
THE TELEGRAPH
"Awlaki is a former imam of mosques in Denver, San Diego and Falls Church, Virginia. Two of those mosques were attended by some of the September 11, 2001, hijackers. He travelled to Yemen in 2004, where he taught at a university before he was arrested and imprisoned in 2006 for suspected links to al Qaeda and involvement in attacks.

He was released in December 2007 because he said he had repented, a Yemeni security official said. But he was later charged again on similar counts and went into hiding. Last year the U.S. administration authorised operations to capture or kill Awlaki. “Awlaki is a proven threat,” said a U.S. official at the time. “He’s being targeted.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... illed.html
nonhocapito

Re: AL-AWLAKI killed in US air strike

Unread post by nonhocapito »

The details on this story are ridiculously limited. All we are told is that a drone got him, from "the same U.S. military unit that got Osama bin Laden" http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... 77c992cd82 All these articles do is basically telling us how important was this guy, something that obviously nobody believes. It's hard for propaganda in times of crisis. :rolleyes:

I might be proved wrong, with Gaddafi allegedly threatening europe with terrorism and all, but these kills of supposed prominent quedists by the obama administration seem to indicate that a paradigm shift is occurring, and that the propaganda machine is dropping the evil muslims as enemies. Which obviously would mean new enemies are being found, be it in the direction of Breivik or the direction of Elenin.

In all this endless horror of lies and unjust wars, it would be something if the muslims catch a break out of this --although there are good reasons to doubt it, with all the artificial tension being fuelled by israel in the middle east.

There is another possibility: this idea that Obama is closing the chapter of the war on terror, giving a "false sense of security" to his nation, is an "act" to show how he irresponsibly "lowered his guard", until the "muslims" attack again with renovated force.

In this case Obama would have operated as a lighting rod for the inefficiency of the security apparatus, like George Bush before him, and the war on terror, and the limitations of liberties, could come back reinvigorated.
grav

Unread post by grav »

a new TV series coming out: "Homeland"
The series follows Carrie Mathison, a CIA operations officer who, after conducting an unauthorized operation in Iraq, is put on probation and reassigned to the CIA's counterterrorism center in Langley, Virginia. While she was conducting the operation in Iraq, Carrie was warned by an asset that an American prisoner of war had been turned by Al-Qaeda. Carrie's job is complicated when her boss, Director of the Counterterrorism Center David Estes, calls Carrie and her colleagues in for an emergency briefing. It is then that Carrie learns that Nicholas Brody, a U.S. Marine Sergeant who had been reported as missing in action in Iraq since 2003, has been rescued during a Delta Force raid on a compound belonging to terrorist Abu Nazir. Carrie comes to believe that Brody was the American prisoner of war that her asset in Iraq was talking about. However, the federal government and her superiors at the CIA consider Nicholas Brody a war hero. Realizing it would be next to impossible to convince her boss, David Estes, to place Brody under surveillance, Carrie approaches the only other person she can trust, Saul Berenson. The two must now work together to investigate Brody and prevent another terrorist attack on American soil.
[edit] Cast
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_%28TV_series%29

I will be very surprised if they don't play another big domestic terror card, as a result of the "disenfranchised" soldiers returning home. Seems like an obvious script as a follow-up to a long and bloody war. The former military-lone wolf terrorist could be influenced by the very enemy he went to kill like in the synopsis above, or perhaps he is furious about the corruption in our government / financial industry, which would be a convenient tie-in to the "illegitimate black president / broken government / evil wall street / end the fed" type narratives getting ramped up in media and fake-truth movements. Of course he would be a 9/11 Truther as well, fueling the conspiracy fires.

We've had a few isolated incidents of "military gone bad" like the Fort Hood psyop, but not really anything close to a 9/11-scale that will reign the headlines. Maybe something like "The Rock" movie about a whole team of special forces that turn on America because of the injustice they feel.
warriorhun

Unread post by warriorhun »

Dear simonshack and all,

I am always laughing my dick off when I hear about the internet activity of "Al Qaeda".

Top terrorists with Facebook page, blogging? http://internet-haganah.com/harchives/006667.html "Al Qaeda" having forums to recruit? http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/news/2003/04/58356 Sure...
So, if you wanna be a jihadist terrorist, all you have to do is go to www dot Death to America dot com, and register, with a username like SahidTheSuicideBomber. All the other anonim forum members are hardcore jihadists who you can trust with your life, anonimously. You plot, carry out the attack, and none is the wiser.

But, on the long run, you can run but you can not hide. The Internet Haganah will catch you, stupid sand-nigger: http://www.internet-haganah.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Haganah

Now, if a top "Al Qaeda"-man is really killed in Yemen, his wife is crying in Tel-Aviv... 2008 Article: "Yemen seizes 'Israel-linked' cell" http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7656807.stm

Sometimes I have a feeling that the writing of the whole War on Terror script was outsourced to 14 year olds in Delhi, because they were the cheapest. Nobody told them that good lies has to do something with reality, at least a little bit.

But, as "Al Qaeda" is my favourite horse, let me jump on its back once more:
1. The "Al Qaeda" Media presence is outright fakery. Anwar Al-Awlaki is just a face on the newspaper page, a sim or an actor on the videos, blogging from straight outta Tel-Aviv.
2. The "Al Qaeda" carrying out succesful attacks are israeli Mista'aravim pseudo-terrorist cells.
3. The "Al Qaeda" members getting killed or captured for torture by the Americans are Arab patsies recruited and fucked over by Mossad.

Okay, here is the funniest thing I have ever read about an "Al Qaeda"-member, on ADL's page: http://www.adl.org/main_Terrorism/anwar_al-awlaki.htm
In one post on his blog, al-Awlaki further criticized Israel and the Jews, claiming that the Jews "have a hidden agenda" and have infiltrated every government in the world. He has also promoted the conspiracy theory that contends that Israelis were responsible for the September 11 terrorist attacks.
Fuck me, I have always though "Al Qaeda" claimed responsibility for the 9/11 attacks. But no, the evil ones are blaming it on the Jews. Fucking hypocrite jihadists.

I mean...for fuck's sake! Is it me going crazy, or are the perps loosing their grip on the real reality??
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

"2. The "Al Qaeda" carrying out succesful attacks are israeli Mista'aravim pseudo-terrorist cells."

Got an instance of one "succesful attack" perchance? Don't they usually end with the some moron's underpants catching ablaze?
upstream

Unread post by upstream »

warriorhun wrote: Fuck me, I have always though "Al Qaeda" claimed responsibility for the 9/11 attacks. But no, the evil ones are blaming it on the Jews. Fucking hypocrite jihadists.

I mean...for fuck's sake! Is it me going crazy, or are the perps loosing their grip on the real reality??
Yup, perps can't even get their stories straight.

Al-Qaida rejects Iran's 9/11 conspiracy theories

Al-Qaida has sharply criticized Iran's president over his suggestions that the United States government was behind the Sept. 11 attacks and not al-Qaida, dismissing the comments as "ridiculous."

Abu Suhail said Iran is jealous of al-Qaida's "success" in the Sept. 11 attacks, saying that because Tehran couldn't strike at the U.S. itself, the Iranians want to "to discredit Sept. 11 and what better way to do so than conspiracy theories."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... ba1cc99c2f
Last edited by upstream on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

upstream wrote:
warriorhun wrote: Fuck me, I have always though "Al Qaeda" claimed responsibility for the 9/11 attacks. But no, the evil ones are blaming it on the Jews. Fucking hypocrite jihadists.

Yup, perps can't even get their stories straight WITHIN A DAY!

Al-Qaida rejects Iran's 9/11 conspiracy theories

Al-Qaida has sharply criticized Iran's president over his suggestions that the United States government was behind the Sept. 11 attacks and not al-Qaida, dismissing the comments as "ridiculous."

Abu Suhail said Iran is jealous of al-Qaida's "success" in the Sept. 11 attacks, saying that because Tehran couldn't strike at the U.S. itself, the Iranians want to "to discredit Sept. 11 and what better way to do so than conspiracy theories."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... ba1cc99c2f
And "Abu Suhail" is none other than our old friend http://www.terroristplanet.com/2010/02/ ... am-gadahn/
upstream

Unread post by upstream »

It is no coincidence that the news of "number one" Awlaki dying is reported the day after "Al-Qaida" strongly condemns Ahmadinejad for denying "Al-Qaida's" role in 9/11 and propagating "conspiracy theories".

Possible scenario, they forgot that their "number one" Awlaki blamed 9/11 on Israel, which totally contradicts this development of strong condemnation for alternate "conspiracies". They had to kill him off to avoid further complication with the "story" for this "character".

Another scenario is that this was not a mistake at all. They needed(for a very specific reason) to propagate the story of al-qaida condemning Iran over 9/11 conspiracies. So they had to kill off this Awlaki asset as a calculated consequence. Probably to prop up this Abu Suhail character.

Or they could just be phasing out the current Islam Terror roster, as nonhocapito pointed out.

Thoughts?
nonhocapito

warriorhun wrote:Fuck me, I have always though "Al Qaeda" claimed responsibility for the 9/11 attacks. But no, the evil ones are blaming it on the Jews. Fucking hypocrite jihadists.
You certainly remember how right after 9/11 we were told of palestinians rejoicing, and at the same time of Bin Laden saying he was not responsible for the attacks. Then after 2 years or so we were shown a fake video where instead he was saying he had made it happen.

They toy with us and our emotions, but more importantly they toy with the muslim world, which is made of sentient people like us (and not of "barbarians").

On one of the tables they hoped to actually convince parts of the young, pissed muslim population that terrorism was the way to go (maybe after ten years they had to admit this strategy didn't work, which could explain why they are "retiring" their agents.)
They made the "terrorist leaders" talk in a way that could be scary for us and somehow convincing for them.

A muslim leader who would say straightforwardly that the 9/11 attack was fair and that terrorism against innocent people is the way to go would lose credibility with them in a day, and consequently could not be sold as a muslim leader to us.

Also, I agree with brianv: there is not a single "al quaeda" terrorist act that actually belongs to the realm of reality. I wouldn't stretch the "mistaravim is al quaeda" concept too much. If this "mistaravim" organization becomes so visible to us that we can consider them source of all evils, it could mean we are being given another empty toy to play with.

Also the fact that the Ozzy team seems to like this word so much (present in almost all the comments dropped by them on youtube etcetera) is starting to get on my nerves. I cannot pinpoint now which comment and where, but I also recently noticed how they started to write it with the apostrophe in the middle "Mista'aravim". I wonder how those changes come about.
warriorhun

Dear nonhocapito,

There are Counter-Insurgency wars in the Middle East. Even the Americans and the Brits use the pseudo-gang concept in the Af/Pak war.
Do not tell me if a bomb goes off in a crowded Baghdad or Kabul street killing off a hundred locals, then the bomb was hidden by the local insurgency. No fucking way.
And they just have to be israelis. I can not see a beefy American or Brit playing Hassan the Bomber convincingly. And they would have to blow up a few Humvees, too, to gain street cred.
I would guees in the West it is TV-fakery, in the East it goes for real.
The source of evil? If true, they are just doing their job. It is who gives order that counts.

(I pride myself as the first one on the whole fucking planet to connect the SITE Intelgroup fakery with the Mista'aravim :) pseudo-terror gang concept, so I am a bit reluctant to drop that bone. My fault. Human vanity.)
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

warriorhun wrote:Dear nonhocapito,

There are Counter-Insurgency wars in the Middle East. Even the Americans and the Brits use the pseudo-gang concept in the Af/Pak war.
Do not tell me if a bomb goes off in a crowded Baghdad or Kabul street killing off a hundred locals, then the bomb was hidden by the local insurgency. No fucking way.
And they just have to be israelis. I can not see a beefy American or Brit playing Hassan the Bomber convincingly. And they would have to blow up a few Humvees, too, to gain street cred.
The source of evil? If true, they are just doing their job. It is who gives order that counts.

(I pride myself as the first one on the whole fucking planet to connect the SITE Intelgroup fakery with the Mista'aravim :) pseudo-terror gang concept, so I am a bit reluctant to drop that bone. My fault. Human vanity.)
The Brits got caught in Basra doing that very thang!

http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=1556
nonhocapito

warriorhun wrote:Dear nonhocapito,

I agree that those attacks are probably mostly real and I agree Israelis must have a part in this or that operation. And when Gaddafi says "al quaeda" he probably means mossad, if only because he would have no problems mentioning the americans or the brits if he wanted to, but if he mentioned israel people would see him as an anti-semite and stop listening.

But when on the news we are told that attacks in afghanistan and iraq are caused by alquaeda, I think the "al quaeda" label is 100% journalistic invention.

In other words, I tend to believe the following: that there is no real organization called al quaeda, infiltrated and inspired by the mossad or whoever, that actually put those bombs in the markets of Kabul or wherever. We are told it is al quaeda, when it is simply foreign agents in drags.
I think other organizations, like Hamas or the muslim brotherhood, are real and probably very infiltrated; others like al quaeda are a complete invention from head to toe that serves as an all-purpose container.

As to the Mistaravim, don't get me wrong, I am glad that you brought that knoweldge and I certainly wouldn't want you to drop it: I just have problems handling it myself because, well, I don't know enough about it.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

nonhocapito wrote:
I agree that those attacks are probably mostly real and I agree Israelis must have a part in this or that operation. And when Gaddafi says "al quaeda" he probably means mossad, if only because he would have no problems mentioning the americans or the brits if he wanted to, but if he mentioned israel people would see him as an anti-semite and stop listening.
Please remember [as has been pointed out to me here in Dubai where I live] that Gaddafi could not/cannot be anti-semitic as he is a semite to begin with.
The term 'anti-semitic' is usually banded around to mean/imply 'anti-Jewish' or 'anti-Israeli' however that narrow band of terminology is wrong and especially more so when applied to Arabs in connection with Jews.
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by reel.deal »

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zins-m0hESI
:rolleyes:

Yemen Strike Leaves Misfit Metalhead as Al-Qaida’s Last American Voice
http://gawker.com/5845650/yemen-strike- ... ican-voice

If you're looking to pitch Inspire magazine, al-Qaida's English-language webzine, you should know there's been a little bit of editorial turnover.

On Friday morning, Yemeni and U.S. officials announced that al-Qaida preacher Anwar al-Awlaki was killed while traveling through southern Yemen. He wasn't the only one. The Yemeni government also claims that Samir Khan, the North Carolina man who fled to Yemen to edit Inspire, also died in the strike that killed Awlaki. It's not exactly the greatest time for al-Qaida's meager American contingent.

The death of Awlaki, a popular jihadi cleric and contributor to Inspire, alongside Khan deprives the jihadi world of its major English-speaking propagandists. Now the last terrorist left chatting in an American accent is a chubby former metalhead named Adam Gadahn.

For the longest time, if you wanted official al-Qaida propaganda in English, Gadahn's videos from al-Qaida central in Pakistan were just about your only choice. That changed with the rollout of Inspire, a reworked version of Samir Khan's former amateur terror fanzine Jihad Recollections put out by al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). In its last issue, the .pdf magazine already showed signs of decline, thinning its pages and relying on nostalgia for its content. With its chief editor and most popular contributor out of the picture, the magazine's future looks bleak.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1998, Gadahn left the U.S. for Pakistan, eventually joining up with al-Qaida as a translator. He never quite racked up the same kind of fan club as Awlaki later did. A number of those recently arrested for terrorism offenses in the west have reached out to Awlaki for guidance at some point, including Ft. Hood shooter Nidal Malik Hassan and would-be Shabaab member Zachery Chesser. Others have cited his lectures and writing as inspiration following attacks, including Roshonara Choudhry and Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad.

But Gadahn's been cranking out videos for seven years now. He's even recently jumped on the bandwagon of encouraging lone-wolf attacks. And still he's not the object of fanboy affection. Terrorists haven't cited him as an ideological catalyst for an attack. Is this any way to treat an O.G.? :lol:

If al-Qaida or its affiliates want someone who can channel the American idiom after Awlaki, they're going to have to do better than Gadahn - someone who never fit in much of anywhere.

Yemen Strike Leaves Misfit Metalhead as Al-Qaida's Last American Voice
Republished with permission from Wired.com. Authored by Adam Rawnsley.
Video via YouTube.
warriorhun

Dear nonhocapito,

you say:
I think the "al quaeda" label is 100% journalistic invention.

In other words, I tend to believe the following: that there is no real organization called al quaeda, infiltrated and inspired by the mossad or whoever, that actually put those bombs in the markets of Kabul or wherever. We are told it is al quaeda, when it is simply foreign agents in drags....

...others like al quaeda are a complete invention from head to toe that serves as an all-purpose container.
But nonho, my dear Sir, this is EXACTLY what I am on about.

Allow me one more thought to add: I wonder what you make of it.

For us, Westerners, "Al Qaeda" is a Media BS. They want us to believe there is this terror organisation, and because of it to approve the "War on Terror", which is, bluntly speaking, killing Muslims abroad and police state at home. That is all they need from us, and to achieve that result, no ground activity is needed, only fake news, faked bombings, etc... Plus advantage: any time an Arab lets loose a few bullets from an AK somewhere on the planet, in the news he can be branded as "Al Qaeda", his shooting in the air as a terror attack.

BUT. There is the Muslim audience, and from that audience, what they wish is something else! They want them to believe in "Al Qaeda", as a legit action group expressing the grievances of the Muslim world with terror attacks. They want them to "join the jihaad", and while doing so, they can single out those young men who have leadership ability and willingness to fight for their people, and eliminate them.
So, that is why I think that in the Middle-Eastern theatre they are actually utilising the "Al Qaeda"-(brand)name in ground activities.

They built up the "Al Qaeda is existing"-myth with 9/11, "Al Qaeda" gained "credibility" as a Muslim terror group with the "succesful terrorist attack". And ever since all young Muslim studs with a grievance against the Americans, the Israelis, or the West in general, just can not wait for "Al Qaeda" to appear in their city, to join up. So they send in the Mossad/CIA/MI-6/whoever operators playing Arabs impersonating "Al Qaeda" recruiters, and da yout' flocks to the cause under the "Al Qaeda"-banner... And then, the recruiters snitch them off, and a trip to Guantanamo follows for the applicants. Or they send them to the USA with a bomb in their underwear, although I'm more inclined to think that probably these idiotic failed terror attemps are also happening in the journalists imagination only.

They prop the shit up with jihadist blogs and websites, probably to wait if some young Muslim idiot registers, thus buying himself an early death or a ticket to Gitmo. It's also for the westerner internet readers to get horrified about the open threats from Islam on the internet. They make the videos with our heavy-metal jew mate Adam Gadahn Pearlman, mouthing off how they would behead each and every one of us un-believers in the name of Allah the Merciful, with a blunt-edged scimitar, if they can put their hairy hands on our filthy necks etc...

And there are the war theatres, where it is Counter-Insurgency warfare. There are the pseudo-terrorist units, up to all sorts of mischief. Death squads, mosque-bombings, blowing up lots of local civils to incite sectarian hatred and violence, that sort of shit-under the name of "Al Qaeda", to ram home the message in the news to the locals of the Middle East that Muslim jihaadists, contrary to their general belief, are baaad people, who are intent of killing them instead of the Americans. Or they are blowing up a few Humwees with IEDs to gain street-cred in an area, advertising themselves as an "Al Qaeda"-cell in the neighborhood, so the local insurgents cozy up to them-and then on the sly they kill all the local insurgents who were stupid enough to befriend them. The classic pseudo-terror modus operandi.

An article to your noble attention about pseudo-terrorism and the best pseudo-terrs of all time, the Selous Scouts:

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-grea ... f-all-time

And a PDF file, titled: "The Use of Pseudo-Operations in the AF/PAK", written by one Dr. Ronald Holt.
Dr. Ronald Holt is a tenured Professor of Anthropology and Fulbright Scholar. He was the senior social scientist for Human Terrain Team AF-1 at FOB Salerno Afghanistan in 2008.
http://smallwarsjournal.com/blog/journa ... 4-holt.pdf

And it seems this smallwarsjournal webpage has a few articles on the topic, like this one, too:

http://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/ps ... terrorists

A lenghty PDF file on pseudo-terrorist groups in different countries:

http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.ar ... pub607.pdf

Of course the official version of the pseudo-terrorist gang concept has a positive spin, ie. battling real terrorists/terrorism. But I am sure we, hardened, cynical males over 30 year of age, can very well imagine a much more sinister application of pseudo-terrorist units: namely in lack of a real one (lack of real "Al Qaeda" for example), acting as real terrorists to kick-start an escalation of violence which will result in multiple wars and thus in the formation of real insurgent groups, and the new, real ones can be battled with-pseudo units...

As per Mista'aravim: I am sure the israelis are up to their choosen necks in these operations. They are doing it since ages, since the old Palmach days, Stern-group, etc... The only question is, how strongly the israelis, the americans and the brits co-operate and communicate with each other in this field.

What do you think?
Last edited by warriorhun on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.