Facebook, Twitter and the artificial new media

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
Terence.drew

Facebook, Twitter and the artificial new media

Unread post by Terence.drew »

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/wee ... 19740.html

Quote:

"The Irish Data Protection Commissioner will begin an audit of Facebook next week, based on privacy-related complaints from the Europe-v-Facebook group. It’s a test not only of Facebook but of Ireland as a place to do business

HERALDED in the German-speaking press as a David-versus-Goliath struggle, what started off as a university paper by an Austrian law student has become an Irish privacy challenge against Facebook that could affect up to 600 million users across Europe.
The complaints against Facebook have their origin in a request made under European law by Max Schrems, a 24-year-old Austrian law student, for access to the data Facebook holds on him. He eventually received a CD containing 1,222 pages of information that the social network retained about him.
"

1,222 pages? The Gestapo would have ejaculated in their funny looking pantaloons at such a rich harvest. The hot irons and rats in tubes would be already primed and ready to go!
Many people (people who have seen through the celebrity culture for what it is - a primer to extract information out of average people) have not chosen to trust this large USuryTMCorp. with the minutiae and fabric of their lives. The Stasi are clever though and never really went away. Now it looks like non facers may have phonebooks of profiling pages on them too.

the article continues..

"Among the complaints are allegations that Facebook is creating shadow profiles about users and non-users; that direct communications, including chat messages, show up after they have been deleted; and that Facebook is involved in “excessive processing” of data.

Schrems says that this data storage is potentially dangerous. He fears that Facebook, like so many companies before it, will be the target of attempted privacy breaches or that bits of apparently innocuous information will grow into easily searchable life archives with the potential to be misused by government, secret services or others.
"

Fred Ben Cluesforum stalwart and facebook promoter what do you make of all this?? Were you ever worried your facebook acc. would turn into sleeping with the enemy??

THis whole rings a little of Alex jones and the GOvt being able to look up your toilet etc. so we will see if the Irish investigator has any teeth or uncovers anything...
fbenario

Re: Facebook - This is your life!(Even if you are a non-memb

Unread post by fbenario »

Terence.drew wrote:an Irish privacy challenge against Facebook that could affect up to 600 million users across Europe.
Fred Ben Cluesforum stalwart and facebook promoter what do you make of all this?? Were you ever worried your facebook acc. would turn into sleeping with the enemy??
Since Facebook apparently has around 750 million users, it doesn't seem likely that 600 million are in Europe, with the US over 150 million.

It's a long time since I was a 'promoter' of FB. Once I got spammed this summer by two months of fake personas and morons sending friend requests I stopped taking it seriously. The only reason I've continued to spend time posting things there is in the hope that it might help someone to think for himself. That is worth paying nearly any price to accomplish. Don't you agree?

Besides, I, along with every single other member of the forum, pay taxes on a continuing basis - which means that I, along with all of you, are helping pay for all the bombs killing civilians around the world. I don't think that means any of us is sleeping with the enemy.
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

fbenario wrote:Besides, I, along with every single other member of the forum, pay taxes on a continuing basis
"paying", as in "voluntarily at gunpoint"? (sorry, one of my sore points)
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

fbenario wrote:
Terence.drew wrote:an Irish privacy challenge against Facebook that could affect up to 600 million users across Europe.
Since Facebook apparently has around 750 million users, it doesn't seem likely that 600 million are in Europe, with the US over 150 million.

It's a long time since I was a 'promoter' of FB. Once I got spammed this summer by two months of fake personas and morons sending friend requests I stopped taking it seriously. The only reason I've continued to spend time posting things there is in the hope that it might help someone to think for himself. That is worth paying nearly any price to accomplish. Don't you agree?
No, I don't agree, for the obvious reason that you pointed out. I guarantee you that 99% if not all those sending requests to you are government sock puppet accounts. I now believe one of the major reasons why is to give you the illusion that there are lots of people waking up, when that is far from the truth. If you want to waste your time trying to inform people I would do it in the real world talking to real people and not in the fake cyber world where the perps want you, communicating with anonymous figures from afar. Taking what we are doing here and doing it in the real world, engaging in real human activity is the last thing they want, that's one of the top reason why they gave us the internet to begin with.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Dcopymope wrote: If you want to waste your time trying to inform people I would do it in the real world talking to real people and not in the fake cyber world where the perps want you, communicating with anonymous figures from afar.
He said, while trying to inform people in the fake cyber world, communicating with anonymous figures from afar. :)

Just a bit of provocation, sorry man. I actually agree with you that they gave us the Internet to keep us from engaging in real human activity. I think this is and was one of the main purposes, which is also why so many things on the Internet are "free".

The use of email, the first service that started off the global need to be "connected", exploded during the AIDS era, when people had developed a paranoia to be in contact with strangers. Probably right then the two events were designed to work together. The fake virus scare, and the technological, reassuring answer to it.

Remember the movie "You got mail" with perp Tom Hanks? Didn't he filmed "Philadelphia" more or less in the same years?

That said, humans are resilient. I know of a considerable number of people that use facebook and other services on a regular basis to hook up with old friends or make speed dates or have one night stands or look for a lifetime partner or find companions or you name it. It got to a point that if you don't accept the shame (what I consider a shame) to be plastered on one of these technological walls, your chances to get in touch with people are diminished rather than augmented. I think people have turned the instrument to their advantage, at least partially, and the pigs in charge are not too happy about it...
Dcopymope
Banned

nonhocapito wrote:
Dcopymope wrote: If you want to waste your time trying to inform people I would do it in the real world talking to real people and not in the fake cyber world where the perps want you, communicating with anonymous figures from afar.
He said, while trying to inform people in the fake cyber world, communicating with anonymous figures from afar. :)

Just a bit of provocation, sorry man. I actually agree with you that they gave us the Internet to keep us from engaging in real human activity. I think this is and was one of the main purposes, which is also why so many things on the Internet are "free".

The use of email, the first service that started off the global need to be "connected", exploded during the AIDS era, when people had developed a paranoia to be in contact with strangers. Probably right then the two events were designed to work together. The fake virus scare, and the technological, reassuring answer to it.

Remember the movie "You got mail" with perp Tom Hanks? Didn't he filmed "Philadelphia" more or less in the same years?

That said, humans are resilient. I know of a considerable number of people that use facebook and other services on a regular basis to hook up with old friends or make speed dates or have one night stands or look for a lifetime partner or find companions or you name it. It got to a point that if you don't accept the shame (what I consider a shame) to be plastered on one of these technological walls, your chances to get in touch with people are diminished rather than augmented. I think people have turned the instrument to their advantage, at least partially, and the pigs in charge are not too happy about it...
I don't think the perps really care if the masses uses the internet in the way you describe it, as long as they don't find their way to sites like here, then there isn't much for them to worry about. Sure, people have turned the internet to their advantage, its an advantage the perps are quite happy with, because they're not in their way.
LightCone

Unread post by LightCone »

Dcopymope wrote:
nonhocapito wrote:

I don't think the perps really care if the masses uses the internet in the way you describe it, as long as they don't find their way to sites like here, then there isn't much for them to worry about. Sure, people have turned the internet to their advantage, its an advantage the perps are quite happy with, because they're not in their way.
If one were to have a facebook and visit this site, would one have reason for concern?
Dcopymope
Banned

LightCone wrote:
Dcopymope wrote:I don't think the perps really care if the masses uses the internet in the way you describe it, as long as they don't find their way to sites like here, then there isn't much for them to worry about. Sure, people have turned the internet to their advantage, its an advantage the perps are quite happy with, because they're not in their way.
If one were to have a facebook and visit this site, would one have reason for concern?
Look at the view count and membership count and ask yourself if any of these social networking sites is actually having a positive effect for us. Did anyone on here even find this site through Facebook or sites like it? Most people on here found this site generally because of other conspiracy sites of its type, they were already interested in these subjects to begin with. If you have an account where you spread Sep Clues research and you have dozens of "friends" or more, then you should wonder why we haven't we seen any of these people here, because your "friends" in all likelihood aren't even real people, that's why. Its an absolute joke for anyone here to take any of those sites seriously.
LightCone

Unread post by LightCone »

Dcopymope wrote:
LightCone wrote:
Dcopymope wrote:I don't think the perps really care if the masses uses the internet in the way you describe it, as long as they don't find their way to sites like here, then there isn't much for them to worry about. Sure, people have turned the internet to their advantage, its an advantage the perps are quite happy with, because they're not in their way.
Look at the view count and membership count and ask yourself if any of these social networking sites is actually having a positive effect for us. Did anyone on here even find this site through Facebook or sites like it? Most people on here found this site generally because of other conspiracy sites of its type, they were already interested in these subjects to begin with. If you have an account where you spread Sep Clues research and you have dozens of "friends" or more, then you should wonder why we haven't we seen any of these people here, because your "friends" in all likelihood aren't even real people, that's why. Its an absolute joke for anyone here to take any of those sites seriously.
I meant more in the sense that facebook has been known to track users' internet use through cookies.
Terence.drew

Unread post by Terence.drew »

The Co-founder of the non centralised social networking system under development 'Diaspora' dies aged 22. Ilya Zhitomirskiy.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,23 ... Al4nB53se2

Quote from zionp.."Diaspora is intended to address privacy concerns related to centralized social networks by allowing users set up their own server (or "pod") to host content; pods can then interact to share status updates, photographs, and other social data.[8] It allows its users to host their data with a traditional web host, a cloud-based host, an ISP, or a friend. The framework, which is being built on Ruby on Rails, is free software and can be experimented with by external developers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaspora_%28software%29

This system has great potential and is a possible way to organise ourselves and bypass traditional institutions including the media and 'scanning' of gmail accounts etc. . Not sure what to make of the news of the death of Ilya.
anon1911
Banned

Unread post by anon1911 »

Terence.drew wrote:The Co-founder of the non centralised social networking system under development 'Diaspora' dies aged 22. Ilya Zhitomirskiy.
Some reports say that he commited suicide... nah, I don't buy that (once again)
Mercurial

Unread post by Mercurial »

And apparently it could take a few weeks to ascertain whether it was suicide or not. Really? :huh:
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Does Zuckerberg (in german, "sugar mountain") exists?
The few pictures of him look kind of faked...

HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

He MUST be real. I've watched (whole or part of) the movie "The Social Network" numerous times!!