The role of celebrities in hiding media deception

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
lux

Re: The role of celebrities in hiding media deception

Unread post by lux »

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media."
--William Colby, former CIA Director, quoted by Dave McGowan in Derailing Democracy
warriorhun

Unread post by warriorhun »

Dear lux,

you say:
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media."
--William Colby, former CIA Director, quoted by Dave McGowan in Derailing Democracy
In that case, I recommend the following video into your noble attention:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmBymKXgrV4

(admin: Dear Warriorhun, open post and see how youtube link is made :) - simonshack)

Dear simonshack,

Thanks! :)
Last edited by warriorhun on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
lux

Unread post by lux »

^ Thanks. :)

In the same vein is a book I recommend which was published way back in 1978:

Book Description
Publication Date: March 1, 1978

A total departure from previous writing about television, this book is the first ever to advocate that the medium is not reformable. Its problems are inherent in the technology itself and are so dangerous -- to personal health and sanity, to the environment, and to democratic processes -- that TV ought to be eliminated forever.

Weaving personal experiences through meticulous research, the author ranges widely over aspects of television that have rarely been examined and never before joined together, allowing an entirely new, frightening image to emerge. The idea that all technologies are "neutral," benign instruments that can be used well or badly, is thrown open to profound doubt. Speaking of TV reform is, in the words of the author, "as absurd as speaking of the reform of a technology such as guns."
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

lux wrote:^ Thanks. :)

In the same vein is a book I recommend which was published way back in 1978:

Book Description
Publication Date: March 1, 1978

A total departure from previous writing about television, this book is the first ever to advocate that the medium is not reformable. Its problems are inherent in the technology itself and are so dangerous -- to personal health and sanity, to the environment, and to democratic processes -- that TV ought to be eliminated forever.

Weaving personal experiences through meticulous research, the author ranges widely over aspects of television that have rarely been examined and never before joined together, allowing an entirely new, frightening image to emerge. The idea that all technologies are "neutral," benign instruments that can be used well or badly, is thrown open to profound doubt. Speaking of TV reform is, in the words of the author, "as absurd as speaking of the reform of a technology such as guns."
I've only been able to find a summary of the book lux, do you know if it's online? Looks interesting!
lux

Unread post by lux »

^ I bought a used copy on eBay for a few dollars.
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

Amazon.com listing with 83 customer reviews plus used copies starting at 74 cents + shipping.
maggie

Unread post by maggie »

Hi,
I hope this is an appropriate category for this film trailer of "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close", a tear-jerker in this upcoming holiday season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqfA1BocV44

Tom Hanks in particular seems to help keep a lot of myths alive in his films.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

With the help of U2 by the sound of the backing music oh, and not forgetting Sandra Bollocks too!
lux

Unread post by lux »

From wikiCIApedia:
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is a 2005 novel by Jonathan Safran Foer. The book's narrator is a nine-year-old boy named Oskar Schell. Two years before the story begins, Oskar's father dies on 9/11. In the story, Oskar discovers a key in a vase that belonged to his father that inspires him to search all around New York for information about the key.

The main narrator of the story is a nine year old child, Oskar Schell, an intellectually curious and sensitive child of Manhattan progressives. He is a pacifist, a vegan, musical (he plays the tambourine), academically inclined, and above all, earnest. Two additional narrators, Oskar's paternal grandparents, tell the story of their childhood, courtship, marriage, and separation before the birth of Oskar's father; much of their story is presented as a series of letters addressed to Oskar or his father.
It's a vicsim movie! :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't Hollywood's direct "counterattack" on September Clues.
maggie

Unread post by maggie »

Isn't this child politically correct and brilliant.
I didn't know whether to put this here or in the vicsims category.
In the Christmas movie offerings, I don't see a pattern for political agendas or a false flag event but I may be missing signs, of course.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/art ... le2241309/
This is an entire Christmas movie offering thread, but I don't see other movies pushing quite as much of a political or social push.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

lux wrote:
It's a vicsim movie! :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't Hollywood's direct "counterattack" on September Clues.
Holy crap :o :D

The movie's title itself sounds like a standard line from a 9/11 "firsthand witness" account. How blatantly propagandistic can it get?

"I WAS THERE! I WAS INCREDIBLY CLOSE AND IT WAS EXTREMELY LOUD"!

Sandra Bollocks staring in horror at yet another CGI-view of the smoking towers...

Complete with 9/11 candle vigils and walls of "MISSING PEOPLE" fliers...
:rolleyes:

I guess you're right, Lux - although I'd say it is more specifically a 'counterattack' on the VICSIM REPORT...

But hey - don't Americans ever read MSM news articles? You know, stuff like ABC Action News and such? :P
"Why are the nearly 3,000 9/11 victims missing from an official federal death registry?"
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/why-are-th ... f-death%3F
(please post any comments about this article on the MEMORIAL SCAMS forum thread; http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p2362274 )
lux

Unread post by lux »

^ That ABC News article has an interesting quote:
"The mystery about 9/11 baffles me," said Beth Givens, executive director of the San Diego-based Privacy Rights Clearinghouse which has received complaints about the accuracy of the death file. "The only things that come to mind are some of the conspiracy theories that we hear out there -- and I don't want to go there."
That about sums it up exactly! :lol:
gwynned

Unread post by gwynned »

lux wrote:^ That ABC News article has an interesting quote:
"The mystery about 9/11 baffles me," said Beth Givens, executive director of the San Diego-based Privacy Rights Clearinghouse which has received complaints about the accuracy of the death file. "The only things that come to mind are some of the conspiracy theories that we hear out there -- and I don't want to go there."
That about sums it up exactly! :lol:
Interesting that this should appear in an ABC News article. Seems to me the truth is seeping in...whether that's by design or a result of natural forces, I can't be sure.
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

lux wrote:"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media."
You know, we should give citations for these quotes for the sake of credibility because there is no direct source proving that William Colby actually said this. We are assuming that he said this because some guy named Dave McGowan asserts it in his book. I think quotes like this was put out there to discredit the actual facts like Operation Mockingbird which does prove CIA control of the media.
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

gwynned wrote:Interesting that this should appear in an ABC News article. Seems to me the truth is seeping in...whether that's by design or a result of natural forces, I can't be sure.
I don't know if this make a difference, but the article is copyright Scripps Media.
WXYZ-TV (Detroit) is owned by E. W. Scripps Company, and is an ABC affiliate, as opposed to being owned-and-operated by ABC.