Bulgaria failed assassination attempt

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
guivre

Re: Bulgaria failed assassination attempt

Unread post by guivre »

You know, I wanted to post about this, but I thought no one would really care. (I'm Bulgarian-American, myself.)I think it might be worth noting some of the odd bits about it. The brother of the "shooter" won a contest/reality show years ago. That should be a red flag.

The whole thing looks like a mess, hard to say if it was an event created to manipulate policy but went badly or not. Impossible for me to figure out if it's relevant to anything here. The Turkish minority is pretty small -- less than ten percent. They appear to be manipulated at the moment to stir things up, create bad feelings, etc. The Turkish party leader (the speaker in the CNN video) resigned after this, for whatever reason.The Turkish minority is not necessarily the same thing as the muslim population of Bulgaria, which is another topic entirely.

This is the brother on the show:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrLZIkZOkgQ

Of course we have to ask, are they really brothers? I can't say. Here's the source article:

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=147096

Note the use of social media, in the article. (Bulgaria is a computer savvy nation, it was considered the silicon valley of the Soviet Bloc.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

That is NOT an acceptable format for the initial post in a new thread. After more than 100 (mostly repetitious and dull) posts, you've been a member long enough to know better. Any future similar posts will be seen as purposely wasting our time.
guivre

Unread post by guivre »

Well, the trial is starting, and the charges are a bit more weighty than expected:

Trial against Dogan Attacker Starts at Sofia City Court

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=152823
The Sofia City Court is to hold a first sitting on the trial against Oktay Enimehmedov, the man who pointed a gas gun at influential Bulgarian politician Ahmed Dogan in January 2013.

Enimehmedov has been charged with attempted murder, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Television (BNT).

According to the indictment, he tried three times to shoot a gas pistol at Ahmed Dogan, Honorary Chairman of the ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) party, but the weapon misfired.

An expert witness report proved that the shot could have been fatal in the case of point-blank shot from a distance of up to 1cm to the skull, neck, or heart.

Enimehmedov, who is currently in custody, may get a life sentence for the offence.

Apart from that, he has also been charged with disrespectful behavior and breach of public order for interrupting Dogan's speech, for which he faces a penalty of up to 5 years in prison.

Wednesday's sitting of the Sofia City Court on the case starts at 10 am.

Parallel to the trial against Enimehmedov, an investigation is underway into claims of use of excessive force by the delegates at the DPS conference in the attempt to neutralize the attacker.

On January 19, police in Bulgaria detained Oktay Enimehmedov after he pointed a gun at Ahmed Dogan, then leader of the opposition predominantly ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) as he was delivering a speech at the party conference in the capital Sofia. No shots were fired.

Enimehmedov was heavily beaten by DPS delegates after the attack.

The young ethnic Turk stated that he had not actually intended to kill Dogan, but to scare him. The gun was established to have been a gas pistol.

He was initially expected to only face grave hooliganism charges.

However, experts told the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office that gas pistol shots could kill if fired at a range closer than one centimeter from the temple, mouth or eyes.
Still too hard to tell what kind of stunt this was, but the reality TV angle does look suspicious. The ethnic Turk population is just so fractional to get so much attention, as well.
guivre

Unread post by guivre »

I'm reading more articles from Bulgarian sources (who else would care, I suppose) and most the controversy from January through today has SHIFTED AWAY from the event being staged over to trying to identify who the people were who wrestled Oktay to the ground, beating and kicking him. Also protests over that fact, over the vague premise that it makes Bulgarians look bad.

Really bad news when it comes to people being aware of media scams.
guivre

Unread post by guivre »

According to Bulgarian media the "assassin" has not shown up in court since the actual incident. Seems like a psyop without a doubt now.

Bulgaria's Dogan Calls In Sick again in 'Failed Assassin' Trial

The high-profile trial against Oktay Enimehmedov, the man who shocked Bulgaria by pointing a gas pistol at key politician Ahmed Dogan earlier in 2013, misfired once again Wednesday.

Local media inform that the victim has called in sick for a third time.

The Sofia City Court postponed the first hearing in the trial back on August 14, and the second on September 24, as Dogan failed to show up in court. It emerged Wednesday that the honorary lifetime chairman of the predominantly ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedoms, DPS, has produced another sick note, as he did on the previous two occasions.

Another key witness, the current DPS leader, Lyutvi Mestan, also failed to appear as he has not been found to be summoned. When the summons went to his house only Mestan's minor son has been there, while people at the DPS headquarters have refused to accept the subpoena.

From a number of people, who were supposed to take the witness stand, only DPS functionary, Dzheyhan Ibryamov and former Sofia City Prosecutor, Nikolay Kokinov, appeared to testify, thus some session will be held Wednesday.

On January 19, police in Bulgaria detained 25-year-old Oktay Enimehmedov after he pointed a gun at Dogan as he was delivering his resignation speech at a party conference in the capital Sofia. No shots were fired.

The young ethnic Turk stated that he did not actually want to kill Dogan, but to scare him. The gun was established to have been a gas pistol.

It was initially believed that he would only face grave hooliganism charges. However, experts told the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office that gas pistol shots can cause death if fired at a range closer than one centimeter from the temple, mouth or eyes.

Enimehmedov was therefore indicted on attempted murder charges. He was also charged with "indecent actions that are grossly violating the public order and showing clear lack of respect for society."

Dogan has not shown up in public since the January 19 incident.
http://www.novinite.com/articles/154625 ... n%27+Trial
guivre

Unread post by guivre »

guivre wrote:You know, I wanted to post about this, but I thought no one would really care. (I'm Bulgarian-American, myself.)I think it might be worth noting some of the odd bits about it. The brother of the "shooter" won a contest/reality show years ago. That should be a red flag.

This is the brother on the show:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrLZIkZOkgQ
Well, the video seems to have been taken down. I grabbed it to have a copy of it when I made this thread, though.

I was reminded today, when I saw that the show video was gone, that big Bulgarian anti-government protests of last year (that went nowhere) had the same theme name as the reality show the "shooter's" brother won: "Dance With Me". How nice and contrived that all sounds:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efg9FeKnkQc