Animal attack hoaxes

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
lux

Animal attack hoaxes

Unread post by lux »

There have been countless films, TV shows, novels, etc having the theme of animals attacking humans. Everything from insects to birds to fish to rodents to dinosaurs have been featured in this context, often with the implied justification that the “evil humans” deserved it due to our rape of the natural world.

And, the news media fakery factory also reinforces this theme with horrific “true” tales of animals attacking humans. I'll give a couple of examples here of what I strongly suspect are animal attack hoaxes.

One notable example is (was?) a guy named Timothy Treadwell …

...aka Grizzly Man, a “bear enthusiast” who studied grizzlies and was allegedly attacked and eaten by them. Filmmaker Werner Herzog made a movie about Treadwell released in 2006.

Now, being the curious and skeptical person I am, I wanted to see a postmortem photo of this killing but all I could find was one grisly (pardon the pun) photo of what they say was left of poor Treadwell. (Warning: this is an unpleasant image) ...
http://imageshack.com/a/img40/8992/m78g.jpg
… and, in addition to the scant amount of visible blood, I find it odd that the body (or whatever it is) in the photo shows black hair below the waist yet Timothy had such light blond hair on his head in all his photos. I'm having a hard time reconciling this. His blond hair in the rest of his photos looks so natural that I find it hard to believe that he could have actually had black hair which he colored to look blond. Did he bring a case of Miss Clairol with him to his tent on his Summer-long grizzly treks in the wilds of the Katmai National Park in Alaska? I think it's more plausible that the postmortem photo is not Treadwell.

Oh, and Treadwell supposedly died on his 13th such trip, by the way, but I guess that's to be expected. :lol:

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Another big media animal-kills-human story involved Australian television personality Steve Irwin aka "The Crocodile Hunter," the man who showed millions of children around the world that it's great fun to pick up deadly venomous reptiles and tease them ...

... and reportedly died about the same time the "Grizzly Man" film was released in 2006. His death, we're told, was from a stingray barb to the heart while filming an underwater sequence for one of his shows. Crikey! How conveniently ironic!

The following video supposedly shows the ray's death strike on Irwin:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OEHOYi40Yc

But, I can't see much of anything in this video and find it hard to believe that footage of such terrible quality would come from a television production.

There are also some still photos …

… that reportedly show the same thing but their content is completely and suspiciously different from that shown in the video as is explained on this page.

During his career Irwin was the subject of a number of media “controversies.” The most notable was a television sequence in which he held his 1-month old son in one arm while feeding a huge crocodile with the other ...

… reminiscent of Michael Jackson's media circus over his dangling his son over a balcony, BTW:

Now, could anyone really be stupid enough to appear on a popular international television production that shows him hand feeding a giant crocodile while holding an infant under one arm? And, could any network censor really be stupid enough to allow such a show to air? No, I think not. I smell a setup here.

If you've ever watched his TV series, the most noticeable aspect was Irwin's obnoxiously aggressive manner in which he crashed into the habitats of the animals featured on his show. Frequently grabbing them and manhandling them for the camera while he went on and on about how beautiful they were.

If Irwin treated humans as he did animals he probably would have been murdered long ago. :lol:

Irwin was criticized repeatedly in the media for “disturbing wildlife,” “sending dangerous messages to children,” and other foibles summarized here and certain charges against him were suggested but nothing ever seemed to come of any of it except publicity for Irwin.

Now, isn't it a bit too convenient that Irwin was killed by a wild animal that he was messing with? Doesn't it fit in just a little too neatly with the “nature getting its revenge on the evil humans” that the media has been pumping into public minds all these decades? And, what evidence do we have that he really was killed? Nothing credible that I can see.
icarusinbound

Re: Animal attack hoaxes

Unread post by icarusinbound »

Not an animal attack, but a extreme and unlikely coincidence. So was the genetic in-breeding so extreme, it created a 'clone'?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... arius.html
lux

Re: Animal attack hoaxes

Unread post by lux »

Steve Irwin's widow Terri gives an unconvincing, dry-eyed gush about her late husband as Babba Wawwa looks on:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd3pSudEzk8

Thanks to Ab for the tip.