TransAsia 235 TAIPEI river plane crash

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
Maat

Re: TAIPEI river plane crash

Unread post by Maat »

Flabbergasted wrote:
Maat wrote:Watch the camera pan on driver @ ► 1:14 & 2:27
Isn´t that because the image was zoomed in the second time it´s shown? The first time (1:00-1:14) the camera movement seems compatible with the movement of the car.
Ah, I was just editing to clarify as you were posting. Notice the last seconds of the last two clips I've linked turn the camera straight on to the barrier after he's turned back (not the first turning car).

Compare the view angle of the barrier from the car going around in the first clip @ ► 1:00:
Taipei-Taxi-car-cam1.jpg
Taipei-Taxi-car-cam1.jpg (56.43 KiB) Viewed 13609 times
And the angle from the second:
Taipei-Taxi-barrier1.jpg
Taipei-Taxi-barrier1.jpg (56.1 KiB) Viewed 13609 times
So it's either two dashcam cars in the same space (one pointing at the barrier), or the driver did the same walk twice :blink:
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Maat wrote:So it's either two dashcam cars in the same space (one pointing at the barrier), or the driver did the same walk twice :blink:
It´s a tough nut to crack because when the car moves forward it turns slightly right, then left, making different angles possible, depending on when you stop the video. For example, the zoom-in you posted (resized and inserted below) appears to correspond to 1:12 while the zoom-out corresponds to 1:13 (or nearly 1:14), just as the car swings left. The lines in the concrete wall are also seen in different positions.

Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Yes, I know, that's the problem with trying to demonstrate it with only stills — it needs to be in motion to show the difference (the later clips show more to the right of the taxi driver). I tried to clip the first one with the continuous drive around in an online gifmaker but the taxi driver's glimpse at the barrier was so brief it didn't even capture the frame! :rolleyes: I'll have to clip it from a download to do it. Will catch up, later.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I was just noticing that bright blinking light on the belly of the 72-600 and wondering why it looks like a flash photograph. It could just be a clever, hypnotic exploitation of an airplane convention, but I thought something looked a little "off" about it.

Well, I started looking at video of the 72-600 and planes like it, to see what their lights down there between the landing gear look like. I noticed two lights that the one in the "TAIPEI crash disaster OMG" video doesn't seem to have in the spot the lights appear on normal planes.

In videos of the 72-600, the "blink" is either a brief little pinkish white of minuscule size or a large bright red flash that cameras can't handle without blurring or streaking compared to the non-lit parts of the plane.

So I put the pictures from YouTube videos of taxiing and flying ATRs into GIMP and compared the light levels. I could not figure out which of the two the white "flash" is supposed to resemble. It is no more red than the belly of the plane, indicating the general reds in the whole video is a bit up — interesting enough as it is, though I won't speculate why that is or how normal it is — but also that the light in the TAIPEI shot posted by Maat is plain white. You couldn't have much more of a grayscale consistency between the whole monochromatic blobby color of the plane and the light that flashes beneath it. There is no big red flasher or little pink blinker, just a medium white flasher — and nowhere else on the plane where other lights typically appear. I have no idea the significance of this; it really could be a white herring (har!) but to me it is subtly consistent with Simon's studies of odd coloring in alleged events that were likely simulated. Compositing notoriously causes minor issues of all kinds — from odd compressions, color bleedings or color loss — and it could be normal that nothing lights up in the environment when the single blink occurs, but I think it's funny. You'd think on an overcast day like the one shown, any slight color of the light (if it was anything but perfect monochrome white that matches the plane body, as if pasted in from a different color scheme) would show up quite well — be it a titanium-ish or blue-ish or the pink and red that normally appear below 72-600s.

Meh. Could be nothin'. Just spitballing. Moving on ...
72-600_light.jpg
72-600_light.jpg (300.58 KiB) Viewed 13506 times
Colors above: At the top of the image, I have measured the pinks and magentas from a normal image of the blinking belly light. At the bottom, the four colors in descending order are the pure white of the suspicious light (100% RGB), then the edge of the light, then the plane body near the light, then the plane body in shadow where the light couldn't reach. Note that the plane body has an ever-so-slightly higher red percentage than the flash (!), which indicates the light isn't even neutral as much as it has a lack of red compared to colors around it. I wonder how other videos of the crash compare.

Why is the fake plane blinking a single white flash that seems to appear out of nothing, while the usual videos of this plane show red and pink blinkers in that spot?
Cobra Commander

Unread post by Cobra Commander »

Is it just me, or are there major differences in the debris of these 3 separate photos of the same debris?

Even the backgrounds look messed up. Why is there a factory behind the man in the first picture if the river is there? If the factory is just across the river in the third picture, then how does that bridge drive through it from the second picture? There is like a little aluminum chimney above the guys shoulder in the first pic that apears to be close. Where is it in the other pics, especially the last pic? Do they have aluminum chimnies in their river there?
ImageImageImage
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Flabbergasted wrote:
Maat wrote:So it's either two dashcam cars in the same space (one pointing at the barrier), or the driver did the same walk twice :blink:
It´s a tough nut to crack because when the car moves forward it turns slightly right, then left, making different angles possible, depending on when you stop the video. For example, the zoom-in you posted (resized and inserted below) appears to correspond to 1:12 while the zoom-out corresponds to 1:13 (or nearly 1:14), just as the car swings left. The lines in the concrete wall are also seen in different positions.

Flabbergasted, you’re right! I just got a PM on my Youtube account from a thoughtful Clues reader that helped to confirm it is just the zoom effect:
Terran wrote:Hey, are you Maat from Cluesforum? Sorry to contact you this way but since I'm not a member there, this is the only way I knew how. I saw your latest post here: http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2394166 I think the apparent difference in the angle is just because it's zoomed in. Here is a screen capture of the zoomed in footage that looks to be at a more perpendicular angle to the wall. This is at the last frame we see of that angle before it cuts to the even more zoomed in footage of the man walking toward the edge. I've circled the spot where the line in the concrete barrier lines up with the background buildings:

Here's is a capture of the un-zoomed footage at that exact same moment with the same line lining up with the same buildings. It's just a wider shot and and looks to be at a more oblique angle. Or rather, the zoomed in shot only appears to be at an angle that is more straight on:

Anyway, just wanted to share that with you in case this idea of two takes starts to catch on. And for the record, I'm 100% positive this event was a HOAX and the plane was CGI.
Maat wrote:Hi Terran, yes I'm Maat & thank you for helping sort that one out! Yes, I think you & Flabbergasted are right — you just clarified it for me; I wasn't allowing for the flattening effect of the zoom, duh (slaps self with dead fish :lol:). I had to check it with the driver in frame for reference; & zoomed the first clip myself to compare:

1m24s:

& 1m12s zoomed:

Yeah, it's just the way they cut it so much with repetitive edits & zooms that made me suspicious — they are trying too damn hard to make it more believable — what else is new, eh? Anyway, I really appreciate your input — so few see through these things or know how to explain it when they do. Nice to know you can too.

Cheers,
Maat
Ref http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKyaSXRjbc0
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

hoi.polloi wrote:I was just noticing that bright blinking light on the belly of the 72-600 and wondering why it looks like a flash photograph. It could just be a clever, hypnotic exploitation of an airplane convention, but I thought something looked a little "off" about it.

Well, I started looking at video of the 72-600 and planes like it, to see what their lights down there between the landing gear look like. I noticed two lights that the one in the "TAIPEI crash disaster OMG" video doesn't seem to have in the spot the lights appear on normal planes.

In videos of the 72-600, the "blink" is either a brief little pinkish white of minuscule size or a large bright red flash that cameras can't handle without blurring or streaking compared to the non-lit parts of the plane.

So I put the pictures from YouTube videos of taxiing and flying ATRs into GIMP and compared the light levels. I could not figure out which of the two the white "flash" is supposed to resemble. It is no more red than the belly of the plane, indicating the general reds in the whole video is a bit up — interesting enough as it is, though I won't speculate why that is or how normal it is — but also that the light in the TAIPEI shot posted by Maat is plain white. You couldn't have much more of a grayscale consistency between the whole monochromatic blobby color of the plane and the light that flashes beneath it. There is no big red flasher or little pink blinker, just a medium white flasher — and nowhere else on the plane where other lights typically appear. I have no idea the significance of this; it really could be a white herring (har!) but to me it is subtly consistent with Simon's studies of odd coloring in alleged events that were likely simulated.

[...]

Why is the fake plane blinking a single white flash that seems to appear out of nothing, while the usual videos of this plane show red and pink blinkers in that spot?
Excellent research, Hoi! Not only is that light apparently the wrong color, but the fact that it only appears in one (some?) “dash cam” video and not both is a big red flag.

The white “strobe light” appears in the Camera CAR 1 videos (note Simon’s download is the same as Reuters’ version):

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtG3RUindC4

But missing in the Camera CAR 2 version by TVBS:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYczDsj0ATI
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Cobra Commander wrote:Is it just me, or are there major differences in the debris of these 3 separate photos of the same debris?

Even the backgrounds look messed up. Why is there a factory behind the man in the first picture if the river is there? If the factory is just across the river in the third picture, then how does that bridge drive through it from the second picture? There is like a little aluminum chimney above the guys shoulder in the first pic that apears to be close. Where is it in the other pics, especially the last pic? Do they have aluminum chimneys in their river there?
http://s28.postimg.org/gbmqf2kdp/image.jpg
http://s22.postimg.org/yi6s2zaox/150204 ... _super.jpg
http://s30.postimg.org/pime733w1/transasia4n_8_web1.jpg
One can't really determine what discrepancies there might be in images with entirely different view perspectives, CC. Zoom lenses can also make distant objects seem closer (would need more views from that bridge to compare). What does seem odd, though, if that debris and "wing" part is supposed to be right at the spot it "crashed" through, there's not even a mark on the barrier — but it "vaporised" a light pole? :huh:
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

"TAIPEI SURVIVORS" CIRCUS

I really need to thank Russianvids for bringing me the loudest laugh of all during this sordid (yet entertaining) Taipei affair - with this great analysis he made of the farcical 'first-aid-survivor-scenery' (please watch his 2min video - it's well worth your time):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uhk6phj4eg

Here's an animated gif I just HAD to make, showing the hilarious "rescue scene" - what with those frantic rescuers throwing all sorts of 'life-savers' overboard towards (and beyond) the hapless survivors. Best of all, of course, is that paddle being handed to the old man in red vest :

Oops - did I say "the old man in RED vest"? Geeze - I must be colorblind ! :P
image source of old man in black vest: http://harare24.com/index-id-News-zk-27196.html
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

^
Oh, but of course it makes sense, Simon! You can’t leave someone waist deep in shit creek without a paddle, c’mon! :lol:

Remember, it’s the Keelung River which...
...is heavily polluted by both raw sewage and industrial pollution from illegal industry.
Yep, just stand in shitty shallow water freezing your ass off, don't even try to GTF out of it on your own :rolleyes: The continuity bloopers are priceless too.

Edit: They were probably supposed to be standing on "plane wreckage" and the river was too deep to wade to shore; but the entire scene and inept "rescue" efforts still have no real-life feel or credibility at all.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

DOES 9/11 HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE TAIPEI CGI PLANE CRASH HOAX?

It's the million-dollar question that we all here (myself included) have not dared raising so far - for fear of being called "paranoid conspiracy theorists" ! :P Well, I'm glad to say that I have kicked that 'fear' out of my bowels (with a loud, rumbling sound). I hope YOU will too. :)

Now, please understand: I really don't know WHO made this video - but one cannot deny its existence. Someone made it, no? D'you think it was perhaps some random prankster in Taipei who made & released this vid (on Feb 7, 2015 - only three days after the 'event') - just for fun's sake? By all means, you're free to believe so. You are all free to believe in anything that you wish - as far as I'm concerned, let this be clear.

I won't comment on this any further. It is now up to everyone to assess for him/herself the real motives behind this latest CGI plane crash hoax - and what with, of course, the bizarre / 'unexpected' / raging feuds and divisions it has triggered among "fellow truthseekers" around the world...
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I couldn't help but notice, and I'm sorry if I keep going on about it, but those grey column things to the left are Blender primitives. I'm absolutely shit at using it and it drives me nuts, but I've been tinkering with it for years. I just threw a couple in for you to see! Bet you missed the little one under the Chinese writing. :rolleyes: As you can see they serve no architectural purpose. And in typical Chinese fashion they missed giving the objects a texture, and rendered as default grey objects. Noob, slacker or budget. Rendering time. :P Be in no doubt this is an extremely powerful piece of software and could handle this task no problem.

Cobra Commander

Maat wrote: One can't really determine what discrepancies there might be in images with entirely different view perspectives, CC. Zoom lenses can also make distant objects seem closer (would need more views from that bridge to compare). What does seem odd, though, if that debris and "wing" part is supposed to be right at the spot it "crashed" through, there's not even a mark on the barrier — but it "vaporised" a light pole? :huh:
Maat,

I understand and took that into consideration (Verrazano 9/11 debate), but the additional structures around that factory structure is inconsistent in multiple pictures tells me these are fakes backgrounds. Image
That is clearly the same building in both photos.
The background images just keep changing, and that building with the aluminum chimney stack is missing from the second pic, as is the building directly to the left of the building in both pics. Also, where is that bridge that we see on the other side of the river, as posted in my previous post?

Anyway, the buildings still seem way too close even with the zoom issue and different lenses in the first pic.

I see this as smoking gun photo fakery for the Taipei psy-op, and that's not even counting the tampered with debris in my last post.

If anybody can find the higher resolution and larger pic of the 2nd photo, please post it for me. I've seen it before, but can't find it again.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

brianv wrote:I couldn't help but notice, and I'm sorry if I keep going on about it, but those grey column things to the left are Blender primitives. I'm absolutely shit at using it and it drives me nuts, but I've been tinkering with it for years. I just threw a couple in for you to see! Bet you missed the little one under the Chinese writing. :rolleyes: As you can see they serve no architectural purpose. And in typical Chinese fashion they missed giving the objects a texture, and rendered as default grey objects. Noob, slacker or budget. Rendering time. :P Be in no doubt this is an extremely powerful piece of software and could handle this task no problem.
Sure looks like it, Brian — probably why they made a point of stating on the screen that it's “Just the poor top floor Monitor” (in white Chinese characters). So any problems, blame crappy CCTV :rolleyes: (WTF would they need "monitors" on the roof of a 21-storey building for? Someone's gonna raid their garden? <_< )

I used the free online OCR (Optical Character Recognition) service: http://www.newocr.com/ It recognizes 75 languages on any image (I'll add it to the Tools topic)

Here's the Giggle Translation of the video’s title & notes too:
“Thrilling/Adventure! TransAsia Airways swept the building space last image exposure”

TransAsia Airways plane crash on the fourth day, the top floor of the building next to the crash site monitor screen exposure, saw GE235 flight loss of engine power, highly declining close to the crash site when the final was photographed 21-storey building roof monitors, also happens the construction workers are seen, even in the hands of anxious not to lay down their tools, they catch up to view.

At 10:00 on the 4th and more, TransAsia Airways flight GE235 loss of power, loss of control after passing the gap where the building, building preservation also said that because this is the bottom of the channel, there is the sound of aircraft is a very common thing, but remember that day, unusually large engine noise from closing in Nankang Software Park, had a chance to look at it to see the aircraft looked just passing the building space, and flew to the East Central Viaduct, then crashed a loud crash, so he'll never forget.

The building is located in Building 235 Road trade lane, one side is the Keelung River, where new buildings everywhere, crashed airliner highly declining, even lower than the height of 21-story building, and finally passing the building space, viaducts after collision , crashed in the Keelung river, lets expression that this place building preserved to have a lingering fear: "Has not hit the building fortunately!"
Cobra Commander

Haha! Look at all the buildings in the upper left corner of this photo. They are all about to fall backwards!

Link to original photo plus many more...

http://1clicknews.com/dozens-of-transas ... e-crashes/

All the so called Truthers who called this event real with no investigation are going to go back into their rabbit holes to lick their wounds. I said my last one was an image fakery smoking gun that the Taipei crash was fake. I was wrong. This one is. Piss poor photoshop.