Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda

Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Postby tokyojoe1 on December 22nd, 2015, 6:14 am

OK folks, earlier this week in the Chatbox I mentioned how this Martin Shkreli character, who has been one of the top stories in the USA all year, weirds me out. I posted some GIFs and suggested that he is perhaps a sim. I did a few hours of research last night and I no longer believe he is a sim. I do however believe he is an obvious actor.

Before I begin I just want to note that your instincts are NEVER wrong. You may be wrong about THE reason for your instincts being alarmed, but there always is A reason even if it's not obvious right away.

To catch people up on who he is

Martin Shkreli's bad month continues. After being arrested last week on charges of securities fraud, the infamous Shkreli — who came to public attention when he raised the price of drug Daraprim from $13.50 to $750 per pill — has been fired from his position as CEO of pharmaceutical company KaloBios. The company says it sacked Shkreli on December 17th, the same day that he was arrested for allegedly misappropriating money to pay off debts at his previous companies, and shortly before he resigned from his position as CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals on December 18th.

Shkreli became CEO of KaloBios on November 19th after acquiring 70 percent of the company's outstanding shares. He planned to pull a similar trick at his new company that he did at Turing Pharmaceuticals, getting the license for a standard treatment — in this case for a parasitic infection called Chagas disease — and jacking up its price from a few hundred dollars for a course to almost $100,000 for 12 weeks. Shkreli has been joined on his way out of the door by Tony Chase, who stepped onto KaloBios' board with him in November, but it's not clear whether the San Francisco-based drug maker will go ahead with its plan to hike the price of its treatment.


http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/21/1064 ... -ceo-fired

Image

Looking at his wiki, you'll notice a connection to UBS. This is the same company where the man who claimed to know 9/11 vicsim John Salamone worked and had a phone call with Hoi Polloi.

After four years as an associate at Cramer Berkowitz, Shkreli worked as an analyst for Intrepid Capital Management and UBS Wealth Management.[17] He then started his first hedge fund, Elea Capital Management, in 2006.[18][19] In October 2007, Lehman Brothers won a $2.3 million default judgment against Shkreli and Elea.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Shkreli

Instead of focusing on the (probably fake) paper trail, I want to focus on the guy in the videos we have.


full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-U1MMa0SHw

In the Zuckerberg thread I mentioned that my litmus test for whether somebody is a hologram is how they interact with real people when in the same room as them. At 2:36 he is seated very close to a female news anchor and it's obvious to me they are responding to each other in very subtle ways that people do, especially in a male/female dynamic. So that's what made me throw out the hologram/sim idea.

But does this guy in the video give you the creeps or what? Want to know why? Because that was his objective.

So what's up with his weird smiles and facial expressions?

Image

Image

The entire interview is jampacked with Shkreli making arrogant smirks for no reason at all. He does that when he is listening and when he is speaking. He blinks at weird times. He overall makes himself the most repulsive person you can possibly be. But that's where he gives himself away.

When you listen to the interview you realize that this guy is really smart. Every business or pharmaceutical question they ask him he answers immediately without thinking about it. It's clear that he is very well-versed on these subjects. Whoever this guy is, he knows business and he knows pharmaceuticals. HOWEVER, all of these weird facial expresions he's making, he's doing consciously. It's obvious.

So to summarize, his knowledge of business and pharma is unconscious, yet his weird smirks and repulsive facial expressions are done consciously.

Let's say this is a real guy and he's truly an arrogant ass. Why would he consciously make an effort to come off this way? Even the biggest assholes and sociopaths will at least try to come off well on national television. Not this guy. Not this CEO.

But how are the news anchors and interviewers responding to his behavior?

Image

Image

Image

They react with complete and obvious disgust. Watch any interview to hear the tone with which they speak to him. And then watch how he isn't bothered in the slightest by it. I mean just look at his wardrobe in the picture above and in the arrest picture. He just couldn't possibly come off worse.

So what we have here is a guy who is consciously attempting to come off as repulsive as possible, and interviewers who are most likely consciously feigning disgust at this man.

Shkreli actually has a live webcam on Youtube and Twitch where he just sits around for hours and "interacts" with other users. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0S2MJre4ak

Before I get to the webcam I'd like to remind readers that Shkreli just got arrested for Securities fraud, creating a pleasant schadenfreude story for the public.

Image

Yet a few days afterwards, there he is on public live stream adding to his completely unlikeable persona. Where are his lawyers to tell him to stop? Reminds me of the Sandusky case.

Anyways I watched close to an hour of his live stream last night and I made several observations. First, I don't think they're really live. Second, he does not make all of those crazy faces from the CNBC interview. Instead what he does is look completely disinterested in anybody he's talking to on the phone or in chat. If he smiles he quickly wipes it off his face. Overall he does his best to seem like an unfriendly, arrogant grump.

To which I ask, if he hates interacting with people so much, why does he spend 5 hours doing it all the time? What does he get out of it? Why does he try to cover up any redeeming quality he might have? His room always seems too perfect. TV, video games, guitar, amp. Just feels staged. Too much "just a regular young guy's room". This is no regular guy, this is a supposed young, successful, ambitious millionaire.

Image

This live stream is very important because it wipes out a devil's advocate argument. "Maybe the reason Shkreli acts so weird on TV is because he has Asperger's or something like that and doesn't realize how bad he comes off". It's in this live feed that it's clear to me that Shkreli is a normal guy with normal social cues. To my gut, he seems like he would be a normal, cool guy if he dropped the act.

So here's where I need help from the Clues Forum. The picture is starting to form. The Psyop is "create a disgusting person who price hiked a life-saving drug for pure profit and get the media and public to tear him to pieces". The idea is to make it seem like Martin Shkreli is the worst person out there in Big Pharma and that if any disgusting people come around, the media and law enforcement will expose them.

So the question becomes....Exactly what are they trying to distract from?

Are they trying to hide that major pharmaceutical companies have cures but keep them secret?
Are they trying to distract from fake illnesses like AIDS?
From other real price gouging from major pharmaceutical companies?
Fix the reputation of Big Pharma by feigning disgust at this Shkreli character?
Something not related to Pharma?
tokyojoe1
Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: November 29th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Re: Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Postby ICfreely on December 22nd, 2015, 2:40 pm

tokyojoe1 wrote:Are they trying to hide that major pharmaceutical companies have cures but keep them secret?



That’s a myth (secret cures for fabricated diseases) propagated by the Pig Pharmers themselves! They’re not even trying to hide the fact that their products mainly injure & kill people unnecessarily!


Are they trying to distract from fake illnesses like AIDS?
From other real price gouging from major pharmaceutical companies?



When a new disease is launched, sellebrity endorsement/affiliation plays a crucial role in the initial sale’s pitch. A rich & famous person getting diagnosed with a ‘disease’ makes it ‘real.’ After all, they have access to the best of the best modern allopathic physicians. The outrageous price of the new poison is what makes it a ‘wonder cure’ in the public’s mind (i.e. People assume Magic Johnson has lived so long because of the expensive medications he supposedly takes.). They have the marketing down to a science!


Fix the reputation of Big Pharma by feigning disgust at this Shkreli character?



Once they’ve hooked you on the efficacy of the new wonder drug with the outrageously high price, a Ralph Naderish type eventually leads some sort of movement ‘against’ the Pharm. The Pharm is eventually ‘overwhelmed’ by the public outcry & begrudgingly lowers its price. Or a government agency steps in to cover the cost of the drug and/or ‘force’ the Pharm reduce the price. Same ol' same ol'!



P.S.
With regards to your following post:
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1129&start=45#p2398704

My ‘spidey senses’ tell me Spiderman was a repressed, homosexual, exhibitionist, pothead!

Think about it. He ran around masked in a flaming red skintight costume, chasing very bad men (through crowded streets, dark alleys & manholes) slinging his spidey web all over the place – in broad daylight for heaven’s sake!

Is it any wonder that ‘Spiderman’ (verb) is a sexual innuendo?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Spiderman

Is nothing sacred?

As for his obsession with the knockout red haired Mary Jane Watson:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mary+Jane

That’s right! Uncle Ben’s golden nephew was a magik dragon puffer, my dear, Watson!

Finally, his name was PETER friggin’ PARKER! I mean, come on! :rolleyes:
ICfreely
Member
 
Posts: 555
Joined: February 7th, 2015, 6:41 pm

Re: Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Postby tokyojoe1 on December 22nd, 2015, 5:17 pm

ICfreely wrote:
When a new disease is launched, sellebrity endorsement/affiliation plays a crucial role in the initial sale’s pitch. A rich & famous person getting diagnosed with a ‘disease’ makes it ‘real.’ After all, they have access to the best of the best modern allopathic physicians. The outrageous price of the new poison is what makes it a ‘wonder cure’ in the public’s mind (i.e. People assume Magic Johnson has lived so long because of the expensive medications he supposedly takes.). They have the marketing down to a science!


Forgive me since I'm not well-versed with Pharma lies, but besides AIDS, what diseases do this forum suspect are also fake?

ICfreely wrote:P.S.
With regards to your following post:
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1129&start=45#p2398704

My ‘spidey senses’ tell me Spiderman was a repressed, homosexual, exhibitionist, pothead!

Think about it. He ran around masked in a flaming red skintight costume, chasing very bad men (through crowded streets, dark alleys & manholes) slinging his spidey web all over the place – in broad daylight for heaven’s sake!

Is it any wonder that ‘Spiderman’ (verb) is a sexual innuendo?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Spiderman

Is nothing sacred?

As for his obsession with the knockout red haired Mary Jane Watson:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mary+Jane

That’s right! Uncle Ben’s golden nephew was a magik dragon puffer, my dear, Watson!

Finally, his name was PETER friggin’ PARKER! I mean, come on! :rolleyes:


I appreciate your earlier comments but let's try to keep this thread on track. I can't think of anything else more serious than the Big Pharma industry keeping the public addicted to substances, creating fake diseases, and killing people by way of negative placebo.

If you take issue with my personal motto of "trust your gut", then I'll be happy to talk about it elsewhere.
tokyojoe1
Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: November 29th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Re: Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Postby ICfreely on December 22nd, 2015, 5:58 pm

tokyojoe1 wrote:If you take issue with my personal motto of "trust your gut", then I'll be happy to talk about it elsewhere.


I actually applaud your motto! I take issue with the Wonderboy overshadowing Spiderman as the gayest super hero of all time. But I digress, again. All apologies.

tokyojoe1 wrote:Forgive me since I'm not well-versed with Pharma lies, but besides AIDS, what diseases do this forum suspect are also fake?


As far as I know nobody really speaks for the forum. I certainly don't! You can ask individual contributors what they think about any given topic directly!

Let me put it this way, tokyojoe1, what 'disease(s)' do you believe to be real? Line 'em up & I'll knock 'em down. I don't believe in 'diseases.' I'm not trying to be confrontational. I'm confident, that's all. No need for anyone to feel intimidated about asking a 'stupid question' or anything like that either. Rest assured, it doesn't take a genius to see through the bullshit. I'm a living proof.

I really don't know where to begin. It'd be best to focus on one at a time. Anyhow, I'll start with an exceptional book review by David Pratt of Fear of the Invisible An investigation of viruses and vaccines, HIV and AIDS by Janine Roberts.

http://www.davidpratt.info/roberts.htm
ICfreely
Member
 
Posts: 555
Joined: February 7th, 2015, 6:41 pm

Re: Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Postby tokyojoe1 on December 22nd, 2015, 6:23 pm

ICfreely wrote:
tokyojoe1 wrote:If you take issue with my personal motto of "trust your gut", then I'll be happy to talk about it elsewhere.


I actually applaud your motto! I take issue with the Wonderboy overshadowing Spiderman as the gayest super hero of all time. But I digress, again. All apologies.

tokyojoe1 wrote:Forgive me since I'm not well-versed with Pharma lies, but besides AIDS, what diseases do this forum suspect are also fake?


As far as I know nobody really speaks for the form. I certainly don't! You can ask individual contributors what they think about any given topic directly!

Let me put it this way, tokyojoe1, what 'disease(s)' do you believe to be real? Line 'em up & I'll knock 'em down. I don't believe in 'diseases.' I'm not trying to be confrontational. I'm confident, that's all. No need for anyone to feel intimidated about asking a 'stupid question' or anything like that either. Rest assured, it doesn't take a genius to see through the bullshit. I'm a living proof.

I really don't know where to begin. It'd be best to focus on one at a time. Anyhow, I'll start with an exceptional book review by David Pratt of Fear of the Invisible An investigation of viruses and vaccines, HIV and AIDS by Janine Roberts.

http://www.davidpratt.info/roberts.htm


If you have some sort of problem with me why don't you say it instead of hiding behind this facetious, passive aggressive attitude.

Do you disagree with something I said here or in the Zuckerberg thread? I am honestly bewildered by your attitude.

If you think I'm a shill or something because I am subtly insinuating that "diseases are real", then forgive me, I'm still rather new to this forum and haven't gotten around to reading everything here yet. If I'm still in some "diseases are real" paradigm that doesn't exist, I'm open to hearing about it. But your attitude does not encourage me to follow the link you gave me. It's frankly disrespectful. You can say "lady complains to much" or whatever, but that's just how I feel.
tokyojoe1
Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: November 29th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Re: Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Postby ICfreely on December 22nd, 2015, 6:45 pm

tokyojoe1 wrote:If you have some sort of problem with me why don't you say it instead of hiding behind this facetious, passive aggressive attitude.


I don't have a problem with anyone here (you included). But your tone is beginning to annoy me!

tokyojoe1 wrote:Do you disagree with something I said here or in the Zuckerberg thread? I am honestly bewildered by your attitude.


No! I do find it intriguing that he may be CGI a la Simone. I am honestly bewildered that you're bewildered.

tokyojoe1 wrote:If you think I'm a shill or something because I am subtly insinuating that "diseases are real", then forgive me, I'm still rather new to this forum and haven't gotten around to reading everything here yet.


Defensive much? Almost everyone I know believes in diseases. I could give two fucks about who is or isn't a shill. I leave the shill hunting to the shill hunters! Read, believe, think & say whatever you want. clear enough?

tokyojoe1 wrote:But your attitude does not encourage me to follow the link you gave me. It's frankly disrespectful. You can say "lady complains to much" or whatever, but that's just how I feel.


Then don't follow the link. It's no sweat off my balls. I'm obviously rubbing you the wrong way so good day & good luck to you, Sir!
ICfreely
Member
 
Posts: 555
Joined: February 7th, 2015, 6:41 pm

Re: Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Postby tokyojoe1 on December 22nd, 2015, 9:25 pm

Well now that ICFreely has finished his derailing, I'll be glad to discuss the topic at hand.

I want to note that I am open to the idea that Shkreli is a sim, I just don't personally believe he is, unless somebody points out something intriguing suggesting that he is.
tokyojoe1
Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: November 29th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Re: Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Postby sunshine05 on December 22nd, 2015, 10:12 pm

I looked briefly at this story after his arrest. I'm suspicious of the authenticity of the pharmaceutical companies involved here. He allegedly founded Turing early this year. I looked at the website and it doesn't seem legitimate based on the wording of the company description and some of the warnings on the medications. I think it's probably a front company.


"Turing Pharmaceuticals has leveraged deep expertise in discovery and development to innovate therapies for debilitating and often life-threatening diseases." http://www.turingpharma.com/

And

"VECAMYL (mecamylamine HCI) is indicated for the management of moderately severe to severe essential hypertension and uncomplicated cases of malignant hypertension. " severe essential hypertension?!

The medication he allegedly jacked the price up to $750 per dose is called Daraprim. This isn't some miracle AIDS treatment. Literature indicates it is used to treat parasite infections and is sometimes given to AIDS patients to prevent toxoplasmosis.

Uses:

This medication is used with other medication (such as a sulfonamide) to treat a serious parasite infection (toxoplasmosis) of the body, brain, or eye or to prevent toxoplasmosis infection in people with HIV infection. Rarely, pyrimethamine is used with sulfadoxine to treat malaria. The CDC no longer recommends using pyrimethamine alone to prevent or treat malaria. Pyrimethamine belongs to a class of drugs known as antiparasitics. It works by killing parasites.

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-634/d ... al/details

Interestingly Daraprim is available in many other countries for pennies. I'm not sure why the US couldn't just buy the generic versions from other manufacturers.

Also, he allegedly bought the license to the medication in September, so just months after founding a new company. I just don't buy it. I read that there is an agreement to make the drug more available to people - meaning the insurance companies will pay the cost, so this is probably some type of insurance/Obamacare scam.

"A spokesperson for Turing said via email that only commercial insurance companies will be paying the full price of Daraprim." http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilymullin ... li-arrest/

Oh, and he resigned as CEO the day after his arrest. Interesting how this whole thing played out - founded the company in February, bought rights to the med in September, three months later he's gone and the med is still $750 but only for the insurance companies.

ETA: I didn't see any problem with IC's posts. I am not sure why you felt attacked, tokyo.
sunshine05
Member
 
Posts: 298
Joined: January 28th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Re: Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Postby tokyojoe1 on December 22nd, 2015, 11:27 pm

sunshine05 wrote:
ETA: I didn't see any problem with IC's posts. I am not sure why you felt attacked, tokyo.


Good post, Sunshine05.

His demeanor just felt bizarre. What does Spiderman/Wonderboy have to do with anything? It felt like he was mocking me and derailing a thread about a very popular news item. And he was a big contributor to the "Open Conspiracy" thread which I personally feel was nothing but race-baiting. He was also legitimizing a poster in that thread that I think is a shill.

If I misread his joke or something, I apologize. But he didn't really back off to make me realize it. Maybe cultural miscommunication?
tokyojoe1
Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: November 29th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Re: Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Postby Painterman on December 23rd, 2015, 12:07 am

tokyojoe1 wrote:So the question becomes....Exactly what are they trying to distract from?


They could be trying to distract independent research in general, and Cluesforum especially, from work exposing media fakery in other areas, including topics of political significance. That is, it's possible we're looking at yet another attempt at social engineering to redirect the research program of Cluesforum onto topics of no particular concern to the PTB.

We've seen this before, such as recently where the distraction was a preposterous theory of pseudoscience. In the present case, their scheme appears to consist of turning Cluesforum in the direction of tabloid journalism. Among the hallmarks of this type of media is a focus on personalities and personal scandals - often with a prominent element of the lurid or sensational - at the expense of developing an understanding of the subtler agendas and methodologies behind the news.

Actually, tabloids do frequently run fake-science stories also, so maybe the current example fits an ongoing pattern.
Painterman
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: September 16th, 2015, 1:02 pm

Re: Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Postby tokyojoe1 on December 23rd, 2015, 12:26 am

Painterman wrote:
tokyojoe1 wrote:So the question becomes....Exactly what are they trying to distract from?


They could be trying to distract independent research in general, and Cluesforum especially, from work exposing media fakery in other areas, including topics of political significance. That is, it's possible we're looking at yet another attempt at social engineering to redirect the research program of Cluesforum onto topics of no particular concern to the PTB.

We've seen this before, such as recently where the distraction was a preposterous theory of pseudoscience. In the present case, their scheme appears to consist of turning Cluesforum in the direction of tabloid journalism. Among the hallmarks of this type of media is a focus on personalities and personal scandals - often with a prominent element of the lurid or sensational - at the expense of developing an understanding of the subtler agendas and methodologies behind the news.

Actually, tabloids do frequently run fake-science stories also, so maybe the current example fits an ongoing pattern.


You nailed it. Tabloid journalism. Since nobody was talking about Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney before I got here. Since pharmaceutical price hikes are all over the National Enquirer.

You're the 2nd poster in this thread who seems to want to derail this topic. If you can't beat them with logic, go for the passive aggressive ad hominems, I guess. Looks like the shills are pretty butt-hurt about me blowing up the their Crisis Cast objective, then refusing to waste my time on their other fake sites. For some reason me stopping my research means they have to stop their research too. Time to paint me as the villain instead.

Looking at your posts, you seem to love talking about Flat Earth. Let's talk about that instead. Some topics of REAL political significance.

Quick question Painterman, what's more important: Politics or Health?
tokyojoe1
Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: November 29th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Re: Martin Shkreli and the Big Pharma Psyop

Postby simonshack on December 23rd, 2015, 1:36 am

Tokyojoe,

You're a waste of time.

Bye now.
simonshack
Administrator
 
Posts: 6432
Joined: October 18th, 2009, 9:09 pm
Location: italy


Return to Worldwide media deceptions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests