Below you find what Sweden best selling paper(svd.se) has to say today:
Stockholm City Court decided today to arrest Julian Assange in his absence, on suspicion of rape, sexual assault and coercion.
As part of the execution of the warrant will Assange now after candled internationally and it issued a European arrest warrant.
- It is satisfying that we now have the opportunity to go forward in the investigation. It is at a point where we can not proceed without hearing Julian Assange, "said Marianne New to the Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet.
A large press corps with a dozen photographers got to Stockholm's district court for detention hearing against Julian Assange - who himself did not show up.
Prosecutor Erika Lejnefors urged that Assange be remanded in absentia. He is suspected of unlawful coercion, two counts of sexual assault in Stockholm, an instance of the same crime in Enköping and, most seriously, a case of rape in Enköping August 17 this summer.
He noted a number of reasons, detention and seeking authorization to impose restrictions on Assange well apprehended.
Assanges lawyer Bjorn Hurtig said that his client denies all allegations and says that there is no reason for detention.
- My client denies the facts alleged and denies arrest claim. It is disproportionate to detain him now that he has been at large for so long.
When SvD spoke to Hurtig, he had not had time to go through proper investigation but called it "lean" and said he thought there were grounds for arrest.
- This shows that we have problems with the Swedish system and that it is extremely easy to arrest someone on probable cause. There is no right to detain someone just because you want to interview the person when they want, "said Bjorn Hurtig.
He also would not answer, his client is experiencing.
SvD spoke with Assange earlier in November.
So he called allegations of "false and defamatory".
He says that the whole matter has been handled poorly by the Swedish authorities from the beginning and that he plans sue the Swedish state because of the legal mistakes he thinks he has been exposed.
- I have not served a single document if neither the allegations or otherwise. I know nothing more than the public about what happens in the case.
Assange said he stayed in Sweden for three, four days after police to wait for "that they would get things up", but when he was not contacted by police or prosecutors, he left the country.
But women Claimant counsel lawyer Claes Borgström is relieved.
- At last, this has been stressful for my clients, "he told SvD.
- And it's clear that Julian Assange absconds.
But in a press release from Julian Assanges British lawyer, posted on Twitter, he writes that Assange several times over the last three months has offered to be interrogated. Assange, according to the lawyer, agreed to be interviewed either in person, by telephone, via video link or e-mail, both before he left Sweden and even later, when he was in Britain.
According to the press release has been denied all suggestions by the prosecutor.
And according to lawyer Bjorn Hurtig stopped his client in Sweden until 14 September in anticipation of hearing. When nothing happened, did Assange leave Sweden to continue his job with Wikileaks. Hurtig asked the prosecutor if it went well - and she said yes.
"It is important for it means that Julian has not escaped from Sweden to escape justice," he writes in a letter to the British law firm, which was also published on Twitter.
Chief Prosecutor Marianne New to comment on this.
- I can not comment on it further than he has been charged in his absence since the end of September.
Attorney Björn Hurtig said that you said that you agreed to Assange left Sweden?
- I have not given any permission but I can confirm that Hurtig in mid-September, asked if there were any enforcement against Julian Assange, where he was arrested or had a travel ban. It was there at that time.
In August, on-call prosecutors to arrest Assange in his absence. Doubts applied when a rape in Enköping area, and one case of sexual molestation in Stockholm. Claimants were two young women.
The day after heaving another prosecutor anhållningsbeslutet and launched a criminal investigation if only molestation.
Women Claimant counsel lawyer Claes Borgström appeal and the case was taken over by the special prosecutor in Gothenburg, has now been asked Assange custody.