Egypt 'Revolution'- all the way to Libya 'War'

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
nonhocapito

Re: Egypt 'Revolution'- all the way to Libya 'War'

Unread post by nonhocapito »

warriorhun wrote:The proof can be seen in a comparison of pictures of the event broadcast by Al-Jazeera and genuine photos of Green Square taken before the supposed celebration.
These are Al-Jazeera video oddities already discussed a couple of pages back, here: http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2358114#p2358114 that corsarino first found out about.

Unfortunately we must also allow for the idea that pro-gaddafi propagandists are coming to use the idea of fakery only now to cover up they losing on the ground. Although even if that's the case (and I'm not saying it is, but it is a possibility), those screenshots sure seem to imply fakery. I wish I could find that al-jazeera video and verify it, though.

p.s. the post linked above, of yours truly, also contains a joke with green square and green screen... ;)
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

For Spanish speakers:
Toma de Plaza Verde en Trípoli fue un montaje

Gracias al análisis de varios periodistas Rusos, en especial del medio Rusia Today, lo deja claro. Las imágenes de la toma de la Plaza Verde de Trípoli y la captura del hijo de Gaddafi fueron un montaje. Para lograr esto, se construyó una réplica de la Plaza Verde en Qatar, en la que varios actores simbolizaron la toma de la misma. Un actor reconocido sirvió para hacerse pasar por el hijo de Gaddafi, en el momento en que era capturado. Así lo ha reconocido el Consejo de Transición en Libia la mañana de este viernes. Asegurando que esta estrategia permitió un avance sin mayores resistencias hacia Trípoli.
TELESUR newscast:
http://multimedia.telesurtv.net//26/8/2 ... n-montaje/

about TELESUR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeleSUR
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

On this page http://video.corriere.it/tripoli-zone-b ... 1e98b416f7 a pretty surreal video by corriere.it, where a correspondent "on top of the hotel radisson" shows the city around him like a lazy tour guide explaining what happened here and there (what a joke). The video might not be "green screen" only for the reason that it doesn't show anything but the most tranquil and uneventful city. But then again, these media people cannot be trusted even when they present the most trivial things.

In any case, i have a problem with this video.

At around mark -6:20 the correspondent shows the green square faraway in the back. Sure the image is pretty hard to decipher, but on a couple of other videos previously linked, notably one by aljazeera (see a couple of pages back), we were shown the green square sporting at least four huge yellow metal towers right in the middle, maybe remains of some past celebration, or renovation, or digital fantasies or whatever.

Now, the yellow towers are nowhere to be seen...

and no, their view would not be obstructed by other buildings...

velentfy

Gaddafi blamed for the civilian deaths

Unread post by velentfy »

Why is Gaddafi blamed for the civilian deaths? I've been watching the news for weeks now, I see Libyans EVERYDAY running down the street firing AKs, shotguns, semi-automatics and numerous other weapons from the hip as the bullets sporadically fly all over the place. Then I see large groups of rebels firing rocket launchers in jubilation while dancing and singing. NATO have missed numerous targets, yet Gaddafi is the single cause of all the civilian casualties?
burningame

Unread post by burningame »

velentfy wrote:
I've been watching the news for weeks now
I’m afraid that won’t cut it here…skepticism of the news and mainstream media is probably the biggest factor that led us all here in the first place. If you’ve been following this forum, then you’d have to have come to the conclusion that “the news” ain’t what it used to be, if it ever was. Do you honestly think the show we get on TV about Libya, Gaddafi and the rebels is the whole story? How come we only see the ‘rebels’ always in the same kind of ‘nowhere’, firing at ‘no-one’, and seemingly only about 20 of them, with their five guns, two knives and an old tank? It reeks of bullshit. The media expect us to simply ‘believe’ what they feed us. But it’s ridiculous!
Gary-Welz
Banned

Unread post by Gary-Welz »

A laughable and ridiculous "news" story about an american student joining the Libyan rebels in his summer break.

Chris Jeon, UCLA Student, Joins Libyan Rebel Fight
Update: According to Al Jazeera English's Evan Hill, rebels got "fed up" with Jeon and sent him packing back to Benghazi.

Original story:
There are many untraditional ways to spend your summer vacation from college, but perhaps UCLA student Chris Jeon has found the most surprising: buying a one-way ticket to Cairo, hitching to Libya and joining the rebel fight against Colonel Muammar Gaddafi.

According to the National, the 21-year-old doesn't really know how to use a gun. He doesn't even know Arabic. But he said he "thought it would be cool" to fight alongside the rebels trying to gain control of the war-torn African country. So he did.

The National has more on Jeon's rebel assimilation:
Nevertheless, the rebels have clearly taken to the mathematics student with no obvious political leanings who decided to slum it as an Arab Spring revolutionary before going back to his calculator for fall semester.

[...]

His new mates have even bestowed on him a moniker that is a mish-mash of the names of local tribes and areas: Ahmed El Maghrabi Saidi Barga. When communication invariably reaches an impasse, he merely repeats his name and the rebels erupt in raucous cheers.

National reporter Bradley Hope wrote that he "couldn't believe his eyes" when he and a Christian Science Monitor correspondent spotted Jeon on the frontline in Sirte, the one remaning village under control of Gaddafi loyalists.

The Christian Science Monitor reports that Jeon, who is due to graduate in May, fights wearing "a cobalt basketball jersey emblazoned with the words 'Los Angeles' and the number 44, camouflage pants, and black and white Converse sneakers."

“I just go and see what happens,” he told the Monitor. “At spring break I told my friends a 'sick' vacation would be to come here and fight with the rebels.”

And the cost of his plane ticket? $800, paid for by credit card. Just don't tell his parents.
:lol:
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Gary-Welz wrote:A laughable and ridiculous "news" story about an american student joining the Libyan rebels in his summer break.

Chris Jeon, UCLA Student, Joins Libyan Rebel Fight
Update: According to Al Jazeera English's Evan Hill, rebels got "fed up" with Jeon and sent him packing back to Benghazi.

Original story:
There are many untraditional ways to spend your summer vacation from college, but perhaps UCLA student Chris Jeon has found the most surprising: buying a one-way ticket to Cairo, hitching to Libya and joining the rebel fight against Colonel Muammar Gaddafi.

According to the National, the 21-year-old doesn't really know how to use a gun. He doesn't even know Arabic. But he said he "thought it would be cool" to fight alongside the rebels trying to gain control of the war-torn African country. So he did.

The National has more on Jeon's rebel assimilation:
Nevertheless, the rebels have clearly taken to the mathematics student with no obvious political leanings who decided to slum it as an Arab Spring revolutionary before going back to his calculator for fall semester.

[...]

His new mates have even bestowed on him a moniker that is a mish-mash of the names of local tribes and areas: Ahmed El Maghrabi Saidi Barga. When communication invariably reaches an impasse, he merely repeats his name and the rebels erupt in raucous cheers.

National reporter Bradley Hope wrote that he "couldn't believe his eyes" when he and a Christian Science Monitor correspondent spotted Jeon on the frontline in Sirte, the one remaning village under control of Gaddafi loyalists.

The Christian Science Monitor reports that Jeon, who is due to graduate in May, fights wearing "a cobalt basketball jersey emblazoned with the words 'Los Angeles' and the number 44, camouflage pants, and black and white Converse sneakers."

“I just go and see what happens,” he told the Monitor. “At spring break I told my friends a 'sick' vacation would be to come here and fight with the rebels.”

And the cost of his plane ticket? $800, paid for by credit card. Just don't tell his parents.
:lol:
Front page of the Irish Scum Newspaper on Wednesday had "15 year old Irish Boy hunts tunnels for Ghadaffi, accompanied by a full page shoop of a youth with rifle!
Pug

Unread post by Pug »

Hey guys,

A similar story was on the UK news the other week and as soon as I saw it, it showed how unbelievable, completely laughable and just the ridiculousness and of it all. How anyone can truly believe in all of this is beyond me.

UK born muslim from Wolverhampton joins rebels in Libya

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthr ... ?t=1759481

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIQaB82GNKI[/Youtube]

http://southwestnationalists.blogspot.c ... libya.html

It was on the national news, but I can't find a link anywhere.

Perhaps there's a story like this one for the nations involved in this scam.

I'm not naive to the whole propaganda machines, but the media really is just so in-your-face bias for the 'rebels' and how Gaddafi forces are slaughtering here there and everywhere.. there is not one mention of a 'bad' rebel story.

The crazed, Rambo-knife wielding, gun-toting, tanned cowboy actor rebels ,who we saw so much of months ago, piling into their jeeps like a scene from a Mad Max film, couldn't possibly be tame after all, could they and their bark is worse than their bite. Perhaps the forces they were up against were scared at the sight of their wild looking foes and laid down their arms or killed themselves, enabling a smooth take-over.

If this was just the slightest bit real, these frenzied rebels would be hell-bent for Gaddafi blood and would, without question, literally be tearing people apart. It'd be the most brutal, blood-thirty sight ever witnessed. No way would a rebel, looking we have seen, conduct a softly softly approach. Where are these reports?

Was there ever a day of non-partial news reporting?

Man, it drives me nuts. Who funded this whole nonsense? Why was it dragged out so long? Was it to set up the Colonel and family and co new lives (possibly new faces) elsewhere? Get their CGI death sequence of Gaddafi perfected for broadcast perhaps? Seeing our 'leaders' attending their all-so-quick meeting with the new Libyan folks on TV recently just made me sick, especially when the majority of them were so pally with Gaddafi (is that right?)

Hope I didn't ramble.

Cheers,
Pug
Unleashed

Unread post by Unleashed »

Hi Pug,

Were you referring to, is his name spelled right?
Who knows? Here is a list of all 112 ways the media has used to spell his name
through the decades.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... l-gaddafi/

So really, they can say whatever they want in their "news" stories because they
could be writing about any one of these guys and that's their out!

Cheers,
Unleashed
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Ultimately it would be dependent upon the arabic spelling.
The confusion will arise because of the different accents/dialects that prevail in the Arabic speaking world.
For example where i am in Dubai, an area nearby, usually spelt/spelled Jebel Ali is sometimes spelt/spelled Jabal Ali though the Arabic is the same.
It is the same as referring to Mecca or Makkah, Bombay or Mumbai, Peking or Beijing.
I remember many years ago on the news the confusion within the BBC over how to pronounce Buenos Aries, [during the Falklands 'Conflict' [read WAR]] though the reports from Argentina were usually delivered by John Cole in his broad Belfast accent making an unintentional mockery of the Beeb's attempt at political correctness.
Last edited by pov603 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mudkipz

Unread post by Mudkipz »

pov603 wrote:Ultimately it would be dependent upon the arabic spelling.
The confusion will arise because of the different accents/dialects that prevail in the Arabic speaking world.
For example where i am in Dubai, an area nearby, usually spelt/spelled Jebel Ali is sometimes spelt/spelled Jabal Ali thought the Arabic is the same.
Another example of this is Sharjah where I used to live, the direct arab translation is Ash Shariqah, I never understood that.
Unleashed

Unread post by Unleashed »

That's something you could equate to the differences between America and England's spellings of certain words, maybe. Like defense and defence or color and colour.

But, 112 spellings of a man's name is just absurd unless it is being done intentionally.
It's not as if a news organization can not check back to see how they were spelling it in a previous story, or during the 80s or 90s. After all, in translating into English, they all use the same couple of news feeds from either Reuters or AP.
Last edited by Unleashed on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mudkipz

Unread post by Mudkipz »

Unleashed wrote:That's something you could equate to the differences in spelling between America and England's spellings of certain words, maybe. Like defense and defence or color and colour.

But, 112 spellings of a man's name is just absurd unless it is being done intentionally.
It's not as if a news organization can not check back to see how they were spelling it in a previous story, or during the 80s or 90s. After all, in translating into English, they all use the same couple of news feeds from either Reuters or AP.
Yeah, it seems strange that they wouldn't just settle on one.

From wickedpedia we get this interesting diagram (Source)

:blink:
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Pug wrote:Seeing our 'leaders' attending their all-so-quick meeting with the new Libyan folks on TV recently just made me sick, especially when the majority of them were so pally with Gaddafi (is that right?)
I saw this earlier today.
Qaddafi was a CIA Asset

Human Rights Watch found documents in Libya after the fall of Muammar Qaddafi that it passed on to the Wall Street Journal, which is analyzing them. The WSJ reported today that the documents show that Qaddafi developed so warm a relationship with George W. Bush that Bush sent people he had kidnapped (“rendition”) to Libya to be “questioned” by Libya’s goons, and almost certainly to be tortured. The formal paperwork asked Libya to observe human rights, but Bush’s office also sent over a list of specific questions it wanted the Libyan interrogators to ask. Qaddafi also gave permission to the CIA from 2004 to establish a formal presence in the country.
I have been going blue in the face pointing out that Muammar Qaddafi is not a progressive person, and that in fact his regime was in its last decades a helpmeet to the international status quo powers.

Now it turns out that Qaddafi was hand in glove with Bush regarding “interrogation” of the prisoners sent him from Washington.
So how delicious is it that those who supported Qaddafi, or opposed practical steps to keep him from slaughtering the protest movement (such as A. Cockburn and his hatchet man John Walsh), were de facto allies of the CIA themselves– and not just allies of the analysts, who try to understand the intelligence, but allies of the guys doing “rendition,” i.e. kidnapping suspects off the street and having them “interrogated.”

http://www.juancole.com/2011/09/qaddafi ... asset.html
gwynned

Unread post by gwynned »

Is this typical protocol?
Human Rights Watch found documents in Libya after the fall of Muammar Qaddafi that it passed on to the Wall Street Journal, which is analyzing them.
Human Rights Watch turned these documents over to the WSJ?????