Reviewing Hollywood snakery

Questions, speculations & updates on the techniques and nature of media fakery
Sai Girl
Banned

Reviewing Hollywood snakery

Unread post by Sai Girl »

Just to bemoan how "behind the curve" I've been with respect to popular entertainment media, it seems that I completely missed the release of this commercial film way back in 2002.
Did anyone here do a review of this one, by any chance ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S1m0ne

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... S1m0ne.jpg

Maybe this should be cross-posted to the VicSim area ?

We're a long, long way from the paleolithic days of "Max Headroom" with the "real"-ness of digital video simulation.
For some reason, this film struck me as a kind of inverted mirror image of "The Truman Show".
The latter narrative was built around the idea of a fake "world" built to imprison a real person.
Whereas "S1m0ne" imagines a completely simulated fake "person" created to fool the entire world.
Reminiscent of the inverted mirror images mutually reflected in Hegel's "Lordship and Bondage" in his "Phenomenology of Mind".
As if both phenomena were symbiotically entangled in the societal management of "individuality".

I often think of "Network" as the granddaddy of this particular movie genre
hoi.polloi

Re: Has anyone here reviewed this one yet ?

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

We've mentioned that movie before - and the odd coincidence that Robert De Niro, member of the 9/11 propaganda museum opening in New York, and spokesperson for the Naudet-Paramount-Nextel propaganda film 9|11, was also in the movie Wag the Dog - about Hollywood movie technology used to fabricate and ultimately sell a war.

He was also in the "psychology comedy" movies Analyze This and Analyze That with fellow 9/11 liar Billy Crystal - who seemingly invented an uncle who witnessed the "second plane impact".

Hollywood is above its neck in coordinated, pro-Israel, pro-conservative government bullshit disguised as brown-nosing the public with innocuous liberal messages.

I've also heard De Niro hires a prostitute to shit on his torso because he gets off on being told he is a very bad person, but creative sexuality is nothing offensive to me. I just wish it didn't extend so much into his public life of actually being a pretty miserably awful lying person. At least one can hope he realizes what he's doing and feels bad about it. But I wish he could just fess up and disengage from the Hollywood mafia. He was a darn entertaining actor and now just looking at him turns my stomach. What a shame when artists use their powers to encourage murder.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

And don't forget RDN played ex-CIA in the Fokker films...
groovygoolie
Banned

Unread post by groovygoolie »

In real life some entertainers were found out to be agents, from Chuck Berris, host of the gong show, to the gourmet, Julia Child.
Aston Kutcher, and his show PUNKED, He has people that declare themselves to be government agents and police, which would be completely illegal if you or I were to do it.
Sai Girl
Banned

Unread post by Sai Girl »

With release of films like (Paddy Chayefsky's play) "Network", maybe there is kind of an exhibitionist or narcissistic urge to reveal this to us ?

DeNiro, Harvey Keitel ...that whole New York crowd have utterly disgraced themselves by allowing the travesty of 9/11 to be pulled off in their own front yard.

The commercially and artistically "successful" (promoted and capitalized) ones know they are making propaganda and brainwashing.
Even though it is billed as "art" or "entertainment" per se, rather than "news".

Surely, with respect to the manifest cognitive dissonance and sheer B-grade sloppiness of the whole 9/11 script and plot line, none of these people can claim to be naive or "fooled" by any of it.
They work with various forms of simulation as a cornerstone of their careers.
Especially the ones who make overt propaganda. like George Clooney (essentially a CIA public relations artiste), or Paul Greengrass (celebrated director of a fantasy "docu-drama" about the mythic "Flight 93" which disappeared into a hole near Shanksville.
Or Kieffer Sutherland who did the detestable "24", featuring torture tableaus like the President ordering the electro-shock "enhanced interrogation" of his National Security adviser.
And just about all of them, the native New Yorkers especially, rolled over for the Big Lie of 9/11.
Rolled over like lapdogs.

Very few in their community would be able to make a plausible denial defense at any hypothetical future Nuremberg proceeding, or like the trials of Rwandan radio broadcasters who urged their countrymen to slaughter each other.

Third Reich film director Leni Riefenstahl merely lost a career.
"Journalist and publisher" Julius Streicher and theoretician Alfred Rosenberg were hanged.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Yes, I've often thought of how much 9/11 resembles an arrogant unilateral attack by New York City upon the world.
fred
Banned

Re: Reviewing Hollywood snakery

Unread post by fred »

It would be interesting to know what the actors and actresses signed up for and what they thought they were doing.

I know some video game designers who contract simulations for the military: the military tells them what they want to simulate and lets them scan in images of tanks and actual military equipment. They're then allowed to use those art assets for their own games. I don't think they know there's any possibility of their work being used for anything "sinister".

As an example, Pandemic made a recruiting tool for the Army called something like Full Spectrum Warrior and they got to sell a very popular version of it as a game, making many millions of dollars in the process.

I would guess that some, or maybe most of the actors and actresses we see have volunteered for some kind of "morale operation" and they may be pretty clueless about the full extent of what they're involved with. Obviously they know they're lying and engaging in propaganda, but they may think it's a white lie. Jennifer Garner actually appears in a series of advertisements for the CIA. I'm not sure she would actually know much about 9/11.
figuringitout

Unread post by figuringitout »

fred wrote:It would be interesting to know what the actors and actresses signed up for and what they thought they were doing.

I know some video game designers who contract simulations for the military: the military tells them what they want to simulate and lets them scan in images of tanks and actual military equipment. They're then allowed to use those art assets for their own games. I don't think they know there's any possibility of their work being used for anything "sinister".

As an example, Pandemic made a recruiting tool for the Army called something like Full Spectrum Warrior and they got to sell a very popular version of it as a game, making many millions of dollars in the process.

I would guess that some, or maybe most of the actors and actresses we see have volunteered for some kind of "morale operation" and they may be pretty clueless about the full extent of what they're involved with. Obviously they know they're lying and engaging in propaganda, but they may think it's a white lie. Jennifer Garner actually appears in a series of advertisements for the CIA. I'm not sure she would actually know much about 9/11.

Most of these stars probably don't fully know what they're doing and as you say likely believe that they're doing their bit for their country in raising morale etc. but I do think the evidence, however circumstancial some of it may seem, points toward the likelyhood of many of these actors/directors/producers knowing very well what they are doing.

For exampe, regards De Niro it's likely no co-incidence that he also directed the limited-hangout CIA skull-an-bones PR exercise The Good Shepherd. This film starred Angelina Jolie and Matt Damon, and both have a history of making PR films for MIC establishment. Damon, apart from the Bourne trilogy of limited-hangout spy films, also made the oil company-spy film Syriana, the limited-hangout WMD film Green Zone, and appeared in Spielberg's pro-war Savnig Private Ryan. Of course his directing buddie Paul Greengrass also directed the 9/11 film United93. Damon's film-making buddie Ben Affleck starred in the CIA PR film The Sum of All Fears, the 'nostalgic' propaganda film Pearl Harbour and the limited-hangout political scandal film State of Play. Affleck backed Al Gore during the 2000 presedential campaign along with Robert De Niro. Of course Affleck is married to Jennifer Garner. Apart for appearing in those CIA recruitment videos, she also starred in the espionage series Alias, and the WMD/Iraq invasion film The Kingdom.

Angelina Jolie is/was an officail spokesperson for The CFR. She recently starred in the spy film Salt, which was originally going to star Tom Cruise. That same year Cruise appeared in his own spy PR film Knight and Day, to add to his impressive resume of Mission Impossible CIA PR films.

Angelina Jolies father is of course Jon Voight. Voight put his weight behind Rudy Guiliani in the last presedential election. He has starred in a number of strange limited-hangout/propaganda films in recent years, such as The Manchurian Candidate, Enemy of The State, Pearl Harbour, and the films Lara Croft and National Treasure, which I suspect were produced in part to make 'conspiracy' minded people think more about the dreaded 'illuminati' than what is really going on out there in the world.

The people who back which films get made still need some people out there 'in the field' who they can trust. The last thing they can risk is that some of these stars volunteering for a number of 'morale operations' and then have them have a change of heart and start speaking out publicly against the war etc. There's no need for them to take that risk and aggravation and simpy put I think it's likely they don't take that risk.
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Matt Damon was also a narrator in a limited hang-out documentary on 2008 financial crisis "the inside job". This movie made a good job on showing the real reason of the whole mess - derivatives like CDOs and CDSs . On the other hand , George Soros , Spitzer and DSK were put in a favourable light as the old fashioned , good guys :)
Soros had a line saying that he didnt even know what the financial derivatives were and he made his money in an old fashioned ( honest :) ) way . DSK and criminal IMF were shown as a voice of reason not mass murderers and looters which they really are :)

I still recommend this movie , like I said - good job on showing how derivatives work and how big of a problem they are
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

And let's not forget the latest efforts of Damon, bullshit movies based on superstition, spiritual shortcuts etc. I'd particularly emphasize a movie like "hereafter" were the tsunami event in Indonesia and 7/7 are re-packaged and re-sold to the public in their updated, better technological versions. All the while the story line, like with the following one "the adjustment bureau", is marketing new ways in which we must think of life and death and spiritual life: childish, non-emancipating, non-unifying ways.

Yes these guys are active operators of propaganda. They probably accept very early in their careers to be used for whatever needs in exchange of fame, and the big ones demonstrate the ability and talent to incarnate with their lives exactly what is demanded of them (Jolie and Clooney in Darfur; Jane Fonda in Vietnam etc).

As to the CIA, the military or other secret groups being in control of the whole process, of course it is all to be demonstrated. Perhaps the CIA or the military "buy" from "Hollywood" the propaganda features they need, if the interests behind "Hollywood" agree on it. But what are these interests? Who really controls the propaganda machine? Who's the wizard of Oz?
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

figuringitout wrote:Most of these stars probably don't fully know what they're doing and as you say likely believe that they're doing their bit for their country in raising morale etc. but I do think the evidence, however circumstancial some of it may seem, points toward the likelyhood of many of these actors/directors/producers knowing very well what they are doing.

For exampe, regards De Niro it's likely no co-incidence that he also directed the limited-hangout CIA skull-an-bones PR exercise The Good Shepherd. This film starred Angelina Jolie and Matt Damon, and both have a history of making PR films for MIC establishment. Damon, apart from the Bourne trilogy of limited-hangout spy films, also made the oil company-spy film Syriana, the limited-hangout WMD film Green Zone, and appeared in Spielberg's pro-war Savnig Private Ryan. Of course his directing buddie Paul Greengrass also directed the 9/11 film United93. Damon's film-making buddie Ben Affleck starred in the CIA PR film The Sum of All Fears, the 'nostalgic' propaganda film Pearl Harbour and the limited-hangout political scandal film State of Play. Affleck backed Al Gore during the 2000 presedential campaign along with Robert De Niro. Of course Affleck is married to Jennifer Garner. Apart for appearing in those CIA recruitment videos, she also starred in the espionage series Alias, and the WMD/Iraq invasion film The Kingdom.

Angelina Jolie is/was an officail spokesperson for The CFR. She recently starred in the spy film Salt, which was originally going to star Tom Cruise. That same year Cruise appeared in his own spy PR film Knight and Day, to add to his impressive resume of Mission Impossible CIA PR films.

Angelina Jolies father is of course Jon Voight. Voight put his weight behind Rudy Guiliani in the last presedential election. He has starred in a number of strange limited-hangout/propaganda films in recent years, such as The Manchurian Candidate, Enemy of The State, Pearl Harbour, and the films Lara Croft and National Treasure, which I suspect were produced in part to make 'conspiracy' minded people think more about the dreaded 'illuminati' than what is really going on out there in the world.

The people who back which films get made still need some people out there 'in the field' who they can trust. The last thing they can risk is that some of these stars volunteering for a number of 'morale operations' and then have them have a change of heart and start speaking out publicly against the war etc. There's no need for them to take that risk and aggravation and simpy put I think it's likely they don't take that risk.
This is the best initial post any new member has ever opened with. Thank you so much, you have put a lot of complicated theories and points in VERY clear, understandable, and not-easily-negated form, tying together many strands and people.

Please continue helping with this forum's work.
figuringitout

bostonterrierowner wrote:Matt Damon was also a narrator in a limited hang-out documentary on 2008 financial crisis "the inside job". This movie made a good job on showing the real reason of the whole mess - derivatives like CDOs and CDSs . On the other hand , George Soros , Spitzer and DSK were put in a favourable light as the old fashioned , good guys :)
Soros had a line saying that he didnt even know what the financial derivatives were and he made his money in an old fashioned ( honest :) ) way . DSK and criminal IMF were shown as a voice of reason not mass murderers and looters which they really are :)

I still recommend this movie , like I said - good job on showing how derivatives work and how big of a problem they are
I haven't seen this film, I'll check it out whenever I have the chance.

Definitely sounds like another one to include in Damon's stunning resume.
figuringitout

fbenario wrote:
figuringitout wrote:Most of these stars probably don't fully know what they're doing and as you say likely believe that they're doing their bit for their country in raising morale etc. but I do think the evidence, however circumstancial some of it may seem, points toward the likelyhood of many of these actors/directors/producers knowing very well what they are doing.

This is the best initial post any new member has ever opened with. Thank you so much, you have put a lot of complicated theories and points in VERY clear, understandable, and not-easily-negated form, tying together many strands and people.

Please continue helping with this forum's work.
Thanks fbenario. I look forward to adding my views to this excellent forum from now on.
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

Is it possible that some Hollywood stars actually are covert CIA operatives?:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uo8MCOe6PE
lux

Unread post by lux »

Dcopymope wrote:Is it possible that some Hollywood stars actually are covert CIA operatives?:
My opinion:
They all are to greater or lesser degree whether they know it or not. They may not carry a silenced automatic as Chuck Barris said he did but they help to further the aims of the same groups using their enormous influence on the population.