2010 Royal Car Mob Attack: imagery?

Questions, speculations & updates on the techniques and nature of media fakery
icarusinbound

2010 Royal Car Mob Attack: imagery?

Unread post by icarusinbound »

I found this to be a very odd story at the time. How familiar is it to the forum? Not a new story, but valid material to worry over.

This topic is particularly geared towards Brits (so reichstag, reel.deal, other fellow subjects of the Realm, please dig in). But all international comments are welcome :blink:

Link to source page: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -shot.html
'They were lucky not to be shot': Police chief says armed officers showed 'enormous restraint' as mob attacked Charles and Camilla wrote:
By Tim Shipman and Gerri Peev
UPDATED: 13:58, 10 December 2010

• Prince's Rolls Royce set upon on way to Palladium
    Camilla cowers in fear as car is hit with paint bombs
    Met chief hails armed officers 'restraint' during attack
    Scotland Yard to hold major inquiry into security lapse
    Cameron: Rioters must be arrested and punished
    Anarchists boast of success and plan more disruption
    Student has surgery for blood clot on brain after riot
Met chief Sir Paul Stephenson today mounted an extraordinary defence of armed protection officers after the worst Royal security blunder in a generation.

Sir Paul hailed the 'enormous restraint' of the team guarding Prince Charles and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall, implying the rioters were lucky not to have been shot.

Camilla was left terrified as their Rolls Royce came under fire from a snarling mob of student fees rioters as it made its way to the Royal Variety Performance at the London Palladium.

The car was kicked, rocked and hit with paint bombs as up to 20 demonstrators attacked it and chanted 'Off with their heads!' and 'Tory scum', leaving the couple visibly shaken.

The Prince and Duchess were not hurt but the potential risk to their safety raised worrying echoes of the 1974 kidnap attempt on Princess Anne.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/12/ ... 34x420.jpg

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?i ... 5871.67482

Look at the straight-line blocking, and the Breivik-like framing of the Royals. Camilla is like a 1930s spiritualist's ectoplasm, flat and curled, too far back, too far forward, and odd. To my eyes, the ELA shows a lot of unnatural artefacts. Vertical to the left of the apparent perpetrator. Squaring around the head. Odd horizontal rail effect above the car, and lots more.

Note that the Met Police Commissioner, Sir Paul, said
....the route was 'thoroughly recced, including minutes beforehand. I think what you have to remember is the unpredictability of ... these thugs, in the way in which they were moving around London.'
So unpredictable that the moving car was covered from both sides by press photographers...

And this is sheer Dan Brown...
NEW BLUNDER FOR ARISTOCRAT ROYAL PROTECTION COMMANDER wrote:
The security blunder that led to rioters attacking Charles and Camilla's car is not the first lapse under the watch of the current head of Royal protection.

Aristocrat Commander Peter Loughborough, 52, came under serious fire after Aaron Barshak gatecrashed Prince William's 21st birthday party in 2003. His job was throught to be at risk after the incident, which came just seven months after he was chosen to head the Royalty Protection Department. In an earlier lapse, when Michael Fagan broke into Buckingham Palace in 1982, his predecessor Commander Michael Trestrail lost his post.

But father-of-four Commander Loughborough, whose real name is Peter St Clair-Erskine and is the seventh Earl of Rosslyn, survived the 2003 incident. He is now billed as the Queen's favourite policeman and was last year handed the Queen's Police Medal for 'services to policing'. Commander Loughborough was handed the job because he is deemed to have the social skills to move in aristocratic circles.

Educated at Eton and Bristol University, his privileged background is highly unusual for a police officer. He joined the Metropolitan Police in 1980 on the recommendation of a cousin in the force. In his down time, he is a Crossbencher in the House of Lords - where he survived the cull of hereditary members by the Labour government.

The Royalty Protection Department is made up of more than 400 officers, each vetted and recommended for the job

What goes on with this archetypical anarchist's nose? It looks like a hag's snout, not the neat beak of some protesting student!

And his reflection, at a disjointed perspective, plus 'You', the stunned viewer, an everywoman in roll-neck jumper, are reflected in the glass.

Someone with a camera (a totemic validation signature) is visible through the glass.

But are they anatomically realistic? Consider their upper body shape/width, now with the car window pillar reduced...shoulder cross-section and arm length.
Which looks more credible?

Despite the use of flash photography, minimal/no back-scatter is seen from the car windows. Are the red-bright 'woosh marks' , on the car body, in the bottom-right, clear paste-ins??
reichstag fireman

Re: 2010 Royal Car Mob Attack: imagery?

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

Heh, sorry I missed this until now, icarusinbound. It was months before I noticed the "View New Posts" link so missed much of the good stuff, like your post above.

It was a very weird story. Hard to weigh up at the time. Certainly seemed fake. Contrived or staged, or never happened at all. What was the objective though? To portray the royal snouts as gentlefolk of pluck and courage. Dedicated and unswerving in their public duty, in spite of the revolting tramps of society that One must nevertheless politely call One's subjects?

At the time, I figured they were phony "anti-royalist" protestors, drawn from the most reliable stock of Her Majesty's Secret Service. But the images look very ropey, too. Just not enough "photo" to be sure either way.

Another royal story that has baffled was the apparent discovery of "human remains" on the Windsors' Sandringham Estate last Christmas. What was that claptrap about?! Sex pest, Jonny Harmsworth, and his Daily Mail, were keen for us to point the finger at Phil-the-Greek. It was Il Duce wotdunnit while shooting pheasants. Oopsasdaisy, or may be not. Likely just another hoax, maybe to boost the gangland kudos of the Empire's most noble Firm of Opium Traders.
icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

RF, I'm glad that you've eventually stumbled upon this thread.

The story just didn't seem solid at the time. Strong subtle resonances with the multi-layered disinfo tale that was and is Dianagate.

When I started the topic, I did spend a bit of time trying to reconcile the shoulder-width of the young photographer, but didn't do a proper per-pixel analysis for asymmetry- could be worth a try. The ELA also struck me as being classically-indicative of editing, especially the blocky horizontal insanity above the limo, continuing to woosh along past the car despite the purported track-and-follow swing-shot capturing the car and that pink snapper. You can't get it both ways, Getty Images...stationary...moving...which? Also, note the blurry spectators to the rear of the vehicle...to me they're depicted as moving in opposing directions, so the implied relative motion of the camera to freeze-frame the limo is made all the weirder when put under the microscope (perhaps our pink snapper is standing on the running boards of the car...!). Looking behind 'her', again, I'm now almost tempted to think I'm seeing a shape that's suggestive of a '50s press photographer and his flash reflector...unintended simulacrum or planted archetype?

Note also the odd megablocks above the head of the 'King Rat' perp...very suspicious. To be honest, almost every single element in the picture feels wrong. For god's sake, even the clearance between the vehicles (moving or stopped) looks weird. It's in a class of it's own - all puns intended. But that raises (for me) the huge spectre of why can it be permitted to be so overtly unrealistic? Is it a glove of challenge, cast down, and waiting to be called out?

I entirely missed the Sandringham Xmas bone-story you mention. Perhaps you're right in the belief it was just a slow-newsday total fairytale, better that than Phil actually planting poachers...!
Alfie

Unread post by Alfie »

Link to source page: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -shot.html

I always thought this story was BS when I learnt they were on their way to the opening of 'The Wizard of Oz'.

From the above link to daily mail there is this image Image

Now I can't speak for anyone else but if something splashes my face - I wipe it off, especially if its on my lips.
reichstag fireman

A giant one here of the spattered Bentley. £250,000 of damage say the Windsors.

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/12 ... 154516.jpg

Bit off topic, but this royal stool specimen caught my eye. 'Allo! 'allo! Very Little and Very Large! Bloody ridiculous!

"Metropolitan police officers encourage Royal supporters to cheer before Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II Carriage Procession from Westminster Hall to Buckingham Palace in London, Britain, 05 June 2012. The British Royal Family’s procession followed a national service of thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral, a reception at Guildhall and a lunch at Westminster Hall. This is the final day of the Diamond Jubilee weekend celebrating Queen Elizabeth II’s 60 years on the throne. (Credit: EPA)"

Lots more of that sort at: http://www.vosizneias.com/107379/2012/0 ... f-jubilee/
Last edited by reichstag fireman on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
reichstag fireman

Many of the Windsors-In-The-Car shots are poorly faked. The royal photo fraudsters regularly screw up with the car seating and its credibility.

Here are a couple of photo-flops that leap out at royal watchers.

How can Eugenie possibly be sitting in that position? And even worse, the other female (Beatrice?). Her supposed position in the car is even sillier.

This image fails ELA, too.
  • The cut'n'paste crowd was presumably from somewhere else. A non-royal crowd, minus any signs of royal patriotism.
  • The Windsors' press lackeys remedied that by fotoshopping a couple of Union Jacks into the background.
  • The nearside window bars of the car are at the wrong compression level. Giving lie to their later addition, being pasted on top, after the fake Windsors were added.
  • The whole rear quarter panel seems to have been manipulated.
  • Andrew appears to be a slit-throat composition,
  • The royal crest on the roof looks like a false addition too.
  • Like other recent Windsor car photos, the red beading lines are weird. Some sort of modification has happened.
  • Inconsistent compression issues around the horizontal chrome lines - perhaps they served as a guillotine line for shooping

Likewise for the next image of Harry. Unless he's regressed to sitting on daddy's knee again, the seating is absurd.

In the ELA, the following anomalies are present.
  • the familiar compression issues with the chromium lines and the red beading
  • a strange error level across Harry's collar.
  • a weird glow around the 'crab' hand (of Camilla?).
  • a compression issue with Charles' wristwatch. Has it been shooped, too?
Maintaining consistency in jewellery across foto fakes must mean extra fotoshopping work for the Palace PR team. (all minimum wage slave-flunkies, obviously).

Source: http://darkroom.baltimoresun.com/2012/0 ... service/#5
reichstag fireman

reichstag fireman wrote:Another royal story that has baffled was the apparent discovery of "human remains" on the Windsors' Sandringham Estate last Christmas [2011]
A bit more info on this murder on the private Windsor estate in Sandringham. The body is that of a young eastern european woman. The murder was carried out by a 30 year old direct heir to the throne. The head of state, Queen Elizabeth II, is fully aware of the murderer's identity (a close family member). At countless junctures in the criminal investigation, Elizabeth has stifled and corrupted the police investigation into the murder. Because of this unprecedented corrupted, Elizabeth no longer rules by divine right. Any of us have the right to remove her by any lawful means necessary.