The Many Things That Make You Go Hmm . . .

Questions, speculations & updates on the techniques and nature of media fakery
simonshack
Administrator

Re: The Many Things That Make You Go Hmm...

Unread post by simonshack »

Well, there exists apparently ONLY ONE SINGLE photo of JFK and Marilyn together... here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:JFK_a ... larger.jpg
.....................................................^^^^^^^^
So WHOSE are those fingers holding that glass at bottom edge of the image?
And does that woman look much like Marilyn? :huh:

DAILY MAIL article :
"Their affair has become one of the most well-documented in history.

But despite the wealth of speculation and rumour, this is the only picture of John F Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe together. It was taken on May 19 1962 at a Democratic fund raising event after her infamous rendition of 'Happy Birthday' for him. The Secret Service had clear instructions not to allow any photographs to be taken of the President and Miss Monroe together and the picture only survived because when agents came to confiscate it, the negatives were in the photographic dryer.

It has remained out of the public eye because Mr Stoughton was on good terms with with Jackie Kennedy, the president's wife, and did not want to offend her, according to filmmaker Keya Morgan, who is selling the print.
'There is no other known photo of Bobby Kennedy with Marilyn or JFK with Marilyn and it's not because they were never photographed together,' he said. In fact, they were photographed together many times, but the Secret Service and the FBI confiscated every single photograph.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ction.html
Wow. Can you believe that? Well, then you can believe that the FBI also managed to confiscate (40 years later) every single 9/11 photograph - hmm? <_<

NOW: why on Earth has the Dailymail CROPPED that unique, historical photograph ????
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

simonshack wrote:NOW: why on Earth has the Dailymail CROPPED that unique, historical photograph ????
There's one version of much higher resolution here: http://www.thisismarilyn.com/marilyn-at ... 2020.photo

Here's a detail of the fingers:

The photos is labeled: "Marilyn At JFK's Birthday", and that's the famous revealing dress she wore singing the stupid happy birthday song.

I don't necessarily see this as manipulated, it is possible that the bright part to the left is not a third deformed finger but a part of clothing of some sort, maybe a napkin.

In any case, as far as I can tell the individual to the left is Robert Kennedy...

I think that all Marylin's biographers by now agree that the relationship of Marylin with Robert Kennedy was by far more important than the occasional affair she had with JFK. Some of the more successful conspiracies theories seem to suggest that it was Robert who wanted to get rid of Marylin, not John.

Of course this could all be false. Nonetheless I have no reason to believe that these individuals weren't real individuals in the real world. One was a famous actress, whose movies we can all watch, and the other two two famous politicians under the public's eye. For what reason having to fake/manipulate a picture of them together? Even if the affairs were all propaganda or slander, would it have been so difficult to put these individuals together for whatever reason?
lux

Unread post by lux »

What's going on with the back of JFK's head? Or, is that just some party crashing butt-head?

In any case, I don't find that photo to be convincing that it contains either JFK or MM. But, I will admit that the dress is dyn-o-mite! :)

Oh, wait. I get it. It's TWO heads. Or, is it? WTF?

nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

lux wrote:I don't find that photo to be convincing that it contains either JFK or MM
Can I ask why? Of course we are talking about an iconic, abstract image we have of these people, since we never met them in person. But still, as far as recognizable icons go, I see all 3 of them here...
Are we saying that the Kennedys never existed? Would 1960 technology and social/political life really allow it?
lux

Unread post by lux »

^ I only mean that I can't see enough of their faces to be sure that that woman is MM and that man is JFK (who now appears to me to be a cut & paste in that photo BTW).
MrSinclair

Unread post by MrSinclair »

Here is a rare photo of the Kennedys Security detail that evening including Rosey Greir. :lol:

simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

MrSinclair wrote:Here is a rare photo of the Kennedys Security detail that evening including Rosey Greir. :lol:

Source of this image, please?
MrSinclair

simonshack wrote:
MrSinclair wrote:Here is a rare photo of the Kennedys Security detail that evening including Rosey Greir. :lol:

Source of this image, please?

whoops,
http://wrongsideoftheart.com/tag/ray-milland/
This is from the movie the Thing With Two Heads starring Rosey Greir and Ray Milland. I remember seeing this in the theater as a young teen. The thing on JFK's head reminded me of it and of course Rosey Grier was one of the people who wrestled Sirhan Sirhan into submission on the night of the alleged Bobby Kennedy murder.

The tagline for the movie was "They transplanted a white bigots head onto a soul brother's body". You can read about it here.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069372/
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

Aside from the various attorney's, witnesses, etc . to make it big in the media from the O.J. Simpson murder trial, it appears that the LAPD SWAT member who negotiated with O.J. immediately after the infamous low-speed chase additionally did well for himself in Hollywood. Below is the link to his IMDB resume.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0918644/filmotype
MsQ

Unread post by MsQ »

This article examines the fake photos used when reporting the American droughts of 1936, (which is why I was looking about it...)
Thanks to the observations about numbers on this forum, I found myself :rolleyes: as I was reading, because:

On June 7, North Dakota’s Republican governor, Walter Welford, proclaimed a day of prayer.

Devil’s Lake, N.D., recorded .16 of an inch.
(Of rain.)

Newspapers reported it was 111 degrees in North Dakota. By July 7, it was a record 119 degrees in parts of the state.

By July 9, heat had killed 120 across the country.

On July 11, the people of Mitchell, S.D., turned once more to prayer. Bells in the city’s 13 church towers tolled the signal to the people, 11,000 in number, to fall to their knees.

By Aug. 9 supplies of traps in North Dakota were exhausted.

On Aug. 25, Franklin Delano Roosevelt boarded a train for the Dakotas.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/20 ... ck-part-1/
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

Link to Christopher Dorner Manhunt topic.

http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1561

33 year old shooter
11,000 word manifesto (read it if interested from link below)
Ex LAPD and Ex military
Murder victim is daughter of LAPD Captain (first Chinese/American) who retired to become attorney. Yet another Cal State Fullerton connection (assistant coach). Victim's fiance' a campus police officer and recent graduate of Sheriff dept.
Allegedly shot officer with 11 years experience
2 civilian vehicles shot up from LAPD that simply looked like suspects vehicle
Allegedly sent video and misc. items to Anderson Cooper
Named and referred to on first day "Revenge Killings" by at least one network. Is evidently shooting at police and their family members to 'clear his name' for his 2008 firing from the PD.
Many Associated Press interviews/articles...

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/blog ... index.html
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

The Symbionese Liberation Army shootout with the LAPD is purported to be the first of its type to occur on "live TV" and basically ended up having the same outcome as that of the Dorner incident. So much for advancement of the safety and technology of the LAPD's weapon arsenal and tactics over the last 40 years. <_< :rolleyes:

Short clip on the SLA "live event" for those interested.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofbvgjl6MhA

A couple of pages back in this thread, I posted some information from Patty Hearst's Wiki regarding a role she performed for a TV show called 'Veronica Mars' where she appeared to be poking fun at her situation from the 70's. As it turns out, this wasn't the first time she has done this as she also took a cameo role in a black comedy called 'Cecil B. Demented' in 2000 described in its Wiki as 'a film loosely based on the 1974 kidnapping of Patricia Hearst.'

Additionally, in her Wiki we found that she is very good friends with an individual named Patricia Tobin whose family members founded one of the banks that Hearst was reported to have assisted in robbing. With a bit more research we find that banking is not the Tobin family's only claim to fame.

Here is a newspaper article from the time where Patricia Tobin is testifying in Hearst's trial. She tells the attorney that she is 'the daughter of Michael De Young Tobin, president of the Hibernia Bank.'

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=8 ... 213,433197

From the 2009 death announcement of Michael Henry De Young Tobin:

'Mr. Tobin spent his entire business career at the Hibernia Bank serving thirty-six years on the board of directors of the Hibernia Bank and presiding for nine years as the chairman and CEO of the Bank, which was co-founded in 1859 by his great-grandfather, Richard Tobin. He also served thirty-two years on the board of directors of The Chronicle Publishing Company. He was named after his maternal Grandfather Michael H. de Young, who co-founded The Chronicle in 1865.'

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate ... bLoggedOut

"'The Chronicle Publishing Company was a print and broadcast media corporation headquartered in San Francisco, California that was in operation from 1865 until 2000. Owned for the whole of its existence by the de Young family, it was most notable for owning the namesake San Francisco Chronicle newspaper and KRON-TV, the longtime NBC affiliate in the market.'"

"With the growing consolidation of print and broadcast media in the 1990s, the heirs of the de Young family decided to sell the aspects of Chronicle Publishing in 1999 when the consolidation of media in the United States was at its peak. Over the latter half of 1999 into 2000, the units of the company were sold separately to different entities:

San Francisco Chronicle: Hearst Corporation (longtime owners the Examiner which was divested upon the purchase of the Chronicle amid protests that San Francisco would be left with one newspaper.)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicle_ ... ng_Company

Additional information on Michael De Young, founder of The Chronicle:

http://foundsf.org/index.php?title=Michael_De_Young
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

According to her Wiki, Sara Jane Olson, formerly Kathleen Ann Soliah and member of the Symbionese Liberation Army was profiled on the America's Most Wanted television program in 1999 and from a tip generated by the show, was ultimately arrested on June 16, 1999. Initially charged with numerous crimes related to the placement of pipe bombs/explosives onto LAPD vehicles, first-degree murder charges for the killing of Myrna Opsahl were additionally filed against Olson along with five other SLA members in 2002. She was sentenced on February 14, 2003 for the maximum term allowed under her plea bargain, which was a six-year term concurrent to the 14-year sentence she was already serving.

Other interesting items to note from the Wiki:

Olson originally met Angela Atwood (Another SLA member) at an acting audition where they both won lead roles. In this article from People magazine, we discover that she was 'found' still acting 24 years later.

To assist with paying her legal fees, she would publish a cookbook titled "Serving Time: America's Most Wanted Recipes."

In 2008 her story would have a chance to be revisited as due to an error, she was mistakenly released early from her sentence. By this time, she had obtained the services of Shawn Chapman Holley, an attorney reported to have been council for celebrities including Lindsay Lohan, Michael Jackson, O.J. Simpson, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, The Game, Axl Rose, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard and Reggie Bush.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/23760005/ns/u ... TJjyleRfqs
http://www.tmz.com/person/shawn-holley/

Olson's 28-year-old daughter, Sophia Shorai, eventually becomes a contestant in the 2011 season of the U.S. talent quest show, American Idol.

The alleged murder victim from the SLA bank robbery days, Myrna Opsahl, is not present in the SSDI.

Switching gears, the same judge from Olson's trial above also oversaw the televised Phil Spector trial along with the very recent 'Bling Ring' trial among numerous others.

Here's (yet another) Chris Cuomo interview, this time with ' Bling Ringleader' Nick Prugo..

A few highlights from the 'Bling Ring' trial:

Seven suspects, most of whom are said to have known each other from a high school in the San Fernando Valley, allegedly went on to burglarize the homes of many high-profile Hollywood celebrities including Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Megan Fox and Orlando Bloom among others.

One of the alleged thieves, Alexis Neiers is a reality TV star herself with media-connected parents.

One of the thieves reportedly wore a stolen piece of jewelry to one of the court sessions.

The LAPD Detective that was reported to have cracked the case was recently admonished by the judge for working with director Sofia Coppola on a movie production about the case while the case was still in process. This was reported to have led to significantly lighter sentences being handed to some of the defendants.

To add to the drama, the LAPD officer is seen below in a youtube video purportedly caught admitting that they sometimes "just make shit up." The comments below the video on the youtube page from where this is linked appear to be primarily from Alexis Neiers' mother, Andrea Arlington. Andrea Arlington, as it turns out, also produced the reality TV show, 'Pretty Wild'. From its Wiki, the reality show is said to have featured the trial as part of its subject matter, etc...etc...

Click to view video and comments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqy07n-5B0

Video only.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqy07n-5B0
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

Wanted: College Professor

Requirements: Must have previous ties to terrorist activities :D

Jamal Joseph: Black Panthers. 'Joseph’s new book, Panther Baby (Algonquin) tells the story of his journey from young Panther to defendant in the famous Panther 21 trial to his time in jail to his current job as chairman of Columbia University’s School of the Arts film division.'

Angela Davis: ' had close relations with the Black Panther Party through her involvement in the Civil Rights Movement despite never being an official member of the party.' ' She was tried and acquitted of suspected involvement in the Soledad brothers' August 1970 abduction and murder of Judge Harold Haley in Marin County, California. ' On August 18, 1970, four days after the initial warrant was issued, the FBI director J. Edgar Hoover made Angela Davis the third woman and the 309th person to appear on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitive List.' 'Davis was an acting assistant professor in the philosophy department at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), beginning in 1969.' 'She is a retired professor with the History of Consciousness Department at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and is the former director of the university's Feminist Studies department'
'Among the more humorous points of her lecture was a recollection of the moment she learned of being on the FBI’s Most Wanted list.'
'“I was in Florida, watching an episode of The F.B.I. (TV show) with (actor) Efrem Zimbalist Jr. and he comes up with this big poster of me,” she recalled, laughing. “And he describes me as armed and dangerous and not to attempt to capture me if you see me. Contact local law enforcement.”'

Kathleen Neal Cleaver: 'An American professor of law, known for her involvement with the Black Panther Party.' 'Kathleen went back to school in 1981, receiving a full scholarship from Yale University.' '...She then worked as a Senior Research Associate at the Yale Law School, and a Senior Lecturer in the African American Studies department at Yale University. She is currently serving as senior lecturer at Yale University.'

Kathy Boudin: Weather Underground. '...The New York Post reported that Kathy Boudin, a professor at Columbia University, was named the 2013 Sheinberg Scholar-in-Residence at NYU Law School.' (See 1981 Brinks Robbery at bottom of this post for related info.)

Bill Ayers: Weather Underground. '...a Distinguished Professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago'

Bernadine Dohrn: Weather Underground. Bill Ayers' wife. '...also a former Sheinberg Scholar-in-Residence at NYU'

Howard Machtinger: Weather Underground. '...Machtinger was a professor at North Carolina Central University and Teaching Fellows Director at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill’s School of Education.'

Ericka Huggins: Black Panthers. '...who is now a professor of women’s studies at California State University, a professor of sociology at Laney and Berkeley City College, and, according to one official biography, a “human rights activist.”'

Warren Kimbro: Black Panthers. 'In 1975, after only four years of his prison term Kimbro became the Assistant Dean of Eastern Connecticut State University.'

Susan Rosenberg: Weather Underground. 'After 16 years in prison, her sentence was commuted by President Bill Clinton and, not long after, the self-identified “human rights activist” took a position teaching at John Jay College. '

Eleanor Raskin: Weather Underground. '... who fled after being indicted for bomb making in the 1970s, is an associate professor at Albany Law School.'

Honorable mentions for ties to terrorist activities after university affiliation. :D

Steve Weed: Patty Hearst's Fiance '... the two moved to Berkeley when Weed received a teaching fellowship at the University of California.'

Ted Kaczynski: Unabomber. 'Kaczynski was accepted into Harvard University at the age of 16, where he earned an undergraduate degree. He subsequently earned a PhD in mathematics from the University of Michigan. He became an assistant professor at the University of California, Berkeley at age 25, but resigned two years later.'

Edit Add 5/12/2013

So, how does an American terrorist get paid and maintain a lifestyle? By splitting the loot from all of the bank and armored car robberies, evidently, such as the Weather Underground and Black Liberation Army's attempt in the 1981 Brinks robbery (Also featuring Tupac's step-father, Mutulu Shakur.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brink%27s_ ... %281981%29

And this one has a special 9/11 twist regarding Brinks guard, Joe Trombino.
At 3:55 pm, Brink's guards Peter Paige and Joe Trombino emerged from the mall carrying bags of money. As they loaded the money into the truck, the robbers stormed out of their van and attacked. One fired two shotgun blasts into the van's bulletproof windshield, while another opened fire with an M16 rifle. Paige was hit multiple times and killed instantly. Trombino was able to fire a single shot from his handgun, but was struck in the shoulder and arm by several rounds, nearly severing his arm from his body. The criminals grabbed $1.6 million in cash, got back in their van, and fled the scene.

Trombino survived his injuries, and continued to work for the Brink's company for the next 20 years; he was killed at age 68, while making a Brink's delivery in the September 11 attacks.
Last edited by Libero on Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 am, edited 10 times in total.
MrSinclair

Thanks Libero for a very interesting post.