The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Questions, speculations & updates on the techniques and nature of media fakery
Maat

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Unread post by Maat »

anonjedi2 wrote:There's really no need for name calling. I am certainly open to the idea of full CGI, but I'm not arrogant enough to say 100% that this is the method used and the only method used, simply because there's no way I could know for sure. I'm open to other ideas if they make sense. So tell me, will this woman be complete with CGI effects on Dancing With the Stars as well? When she's interviewed by Oprah or goes to give a live speech to aspiring children who want to be dancers, or goes on tour to promote whatever book she's going to write in the future, will all of that be CGI as well? What about Jeff Bauman then? All CGI as well?

I'm not discounting that it could be full CGI, but I can also see a scenario where an actor could be used.

I'm curious why you haven't bothered to answer my questions regarding the analogy of someone knowing someone who had a sim child?
Firstly, asking you a question as to whether you are pretending not to understand is not "name calling".

Secondly, I did not say this agent/actor was all CGI either; didn't you read what I wrote? Apparently not, since I already answered your question! <_<
sunshine05 wrote:Note in the beginning of the video, she swipes her hand on the blanket just in front of the stump as if to "prove" there is nothing there, but her leg was there, we just couldn't see it. I'm sure she was directed to do that.
Oh yes! Good catch, Sunshine — I actually missed the significance of that before, being fascinated with the "floating stump" instead :D
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Maat,

I'm not inferring that you are making the claim that the actor herself is a CGI character. You are asserting that her "missing leg" is CGI as if it's fact, which it is not and neither you nor I can know for sure. I agree that there is a strong possibility that the missing leg is a product of CGI, much in the same manner as Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump. I am only suggesting that there could be another way this could be done. How? I can't know for sure, but here's a hypothetical scenario.

Woman loses her leg on the battlefield (or in some sort of accident). Woman strikes a deal with the government or whomever, who promises to take care of her family if she agrees to the following terms (whatever terms may be). Woman and her family get paid a heap of cash to lay low for a few years until called upon.

Far fetched? Perhaps. But I'm going to have a hard time believing that this woman will have special effects accompany her in public, during interviews, giving speeches, etc. I guess time will tell.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

anonjedi2 wrote:Maat,

I'm not inferring that you are making the claim that the actor herself is a CGI character. You are asserting that her "missing leg" is CGI as if it's fact, which it is not and neither you nor I can know for sure.
So if you can't "know for sure", how can you state "it is not" but then "agree that there is a strong possibility that the missing leg is...CGI" — which is it? Have you actually watched it carefully as I suggested and still can't see it?
anonjedi2 wrote:Woman loses her leg on the battlefield (or in some sort of accident). Woman strikes a deal with the government or whomever, who promises to take care of her family if she agrees to the following terms (whatever terms may be). Woman and her family get paid a heap of cash to lay low for a few years until called upon.

Far fetched? Perhaps. But I'm going to have a hard time believing that this woman will have special effects accompany her in public, during interviews, giving speeches, etc. I guess time will tell.
These ops are obviously planned well in advance for minimum risk, players and simplicity — with nothing left to chance (or waiting for the right legless candidate). The most practical and least complicated method and management would be the obvious choice. Your "hypothetical scenario" fits none of those criteria — but Hollywood loves that stuff :rolleyes:

Why on Earth would an agent playing this role need any "special effects" to "accompany her" anywhere after her "recovery" and pseudo prosthetic fitting — what are you talking about? Please read my posts on this subject from the start before posting again, thanks. I shouldn't have to repeat myself.
sunshine05

Unread post by sunshine05 »

Anonjedi2 - My guess is she will be appearing on "Dancing with the Stars" wearing a fake prosthetic foot, so they won't have to use CGI. That is how she will appear at all future "public" appearances. In a couple of months things will fade and she will go back to her previous life, coming forward for contract appearances when summoned.

If you think about it, there are so many of these manufactured events now that people soon forget, they stop researching and move on to the next one. I noticed the other day that Sandy Hook players are already closing up shop, forgetting to carefully maintain everything that was set up to "prove" to us that it was real. For example, the Newtown Fire Dept website hasn't been updated since February and prior to that each month's calls were recorded and posted online. The Sandy Hook fire Dept only lists 1 call for March. They had many listed by month for the few prior years but they're getting tired of creating stories for these calls now and there is less need to keep it going since time has passed and people aren't researching it as much anymore. I say this because I still believe that the fire station we were shown wasn't actually operational as why would a small town have a 9 bay fire station AND a separate "substation". I believe they only have the substation and the fire station was a movie set.
sunshine05

Another thing I just noticed is that the interviews were done one day apart, so why is she in a different hospital room? The set changed.
sunshine05

It does sound to me like she will dance on the show tonight.

"While Adrianne has remained tight-lipped as to what we can expect, "DWTS" pro Derek Hough told TODAY.com that her participation on the program was incredibly moving.

"Thank goodness we have amazing technology now where she will be able to walk, she will be able to walk again in a different way," he said. "I think that ... tragedies like that, which are so unfortunate, you can find the brightest light as well. I just pray and hope for her that she finds that bright light and turns it into something that's special in her life. ... I just hope for the best, that she stays in that positive place."

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-cultu ... ing-victim
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

▲ Oh good grief, they're going to milk this one to the max. So it looks like "Bomb-man" & Addy "ballroom dancer" are the Homecoming King & Queen of PsyOp vicsimhood, eh :puke:

http://www.gofundme.com/AdrianneFund
anonjedi2

Maat wrote:So if you can't "know for sure", how can you state "it is not" but then "agree that there is a strong possibility that the missing leg is...CGI" — which is it? Have you actually watched it carefully as I suggested and still can't see it?
Maat,

I'm afraid I just don't follow your logic at all. I am saying it is not 100% fact that this is all CGI (in my opinion). At the same time, I'm more than willing to admit that it certainly can be CGI. By saying I can't know for sure, I mean that "it is not" a fact that is is CGI.
These ops are obviously planned well in advance for minimum risk, players and simplicity — with nothing left to chance (or waiting for the right legless candidate). The most practical and least complicated method and management would be the obvious choice. Your "hypothetical scenario" fits none of those criteria — but Hollywood loves that stuff :rolleyes:
I'm guessing your Occam's Razor cuts differently than mine.
Why on Earth would an agent playing this role need any "special effects" to "accompany her" anywhere after her "recovery" and pseudo prosthetic fitting — what are you talking about? Please read my posts on this subject from the start before posting again, thanks. I shouldn't have to repeat myself.
So I apologize if I've misunderstood. Are you saying she has 2 legs and will be wearing a fake prosthetic from now on? And that this fake prosthetic is hiding a real leg behind/underneath it? And same for Bauman?
sunshine05

Maat wrote:▲ Oh good grief, they're going to milk this one to the max. So it looks like "Bomb-man" & Addy "ballroom dancer" are the Homecoming King & Queen of PsyOp vicsimhood, eh :puke:

http://www.gofundme.com/AdrianneFund
Yes, I believe so. I found something interesting today about one of the doctors. The doctor that's treating Heather Abbott (the other woman who allegedly lost part of her leg) is Dr. Eric Bluman. I looked him up on PeopleFinders and he has an associated name or AKA of Eric Bauman. I think I'm going to put together a blog post on him but I'm still looking at it.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Movie clip from Forrest Gump (1994): Gary Sinise as "Lt. Dan" — watch on YT time-start link: 0:32

sunshine05 wrote:It is just like the Forrest Gump movie. Here's a response to the question posed about how they made Lt. Dan look like an amputee:
He wore special socks that allowed his legs to be removed in editing.

The creators of Forrest Gump hired Industrial Light and Magic (ILM) to digitally remove Gary Sinese's legs using a method called Video Chroma Keying. It is essentially the "green screen" method as used in films like "The Matrix" and "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," but used much more specifically. ILM covered Sinise's legs in socks of a specified green color. These colored pixels are then removed from the picture during post-production, allowing another picture to be inserted in their place; in this case, the background images of whatever was behind Sinise's legs in each shot were inserted.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

But...but...the actor Gary Sinise appears to have legs ??? :blink: :huh: :unsure:

Wow. So how do they do it? Not only with computer imagery, it seems:
"In some scenes, Gary sat in a specially designed wheelchair. The chair was designed by special effects wizard Ricky Jay, and featured a thin, slanting seat, so that Gary's legs were folded underneath and not visible."

"In the most amazing scenes, though, the fine folks at George Lucas' Industrial Light and Magic (who can be really proud of themselves that so many people believe Gary is legless) removed Gary's legs with the help of computers."

http://sinisefans.org/gump/gumpfx.html
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

^ Lt Dan also goes around with the "US" flag sticking out of his ass and bears a strange resemblance to one of the Boston clowns.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

simonshack wrote:*

But...but...the actor Gary Sinise appears to have legs ??? :blink: :huh: :unsure:

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/mc/nig ... 365213.jpg

Wow. So how do they do it? Not only with computer imagery, it seems:
"In some scenes, Gary sat in a specially designed wheelchair. The chair was designed by special effects wizard Ricky Jay, and featured a thin, slanting seat, so that Gary's legs were folded underneath and not visible."

"In the most amazing scenes, though, the fine folks at George Lucas' Industrial Light and Magic (who can be really proud of themselves that so many people believe Gary is legless) removed Gary's legs with the help of computers."

http://sinisefans.org/gump/gumpfx.html
Yep ;) and as they use a combination of physical and digital effects according to the need and scene required in movies, so it is in their Media hoaxes — as we have seen so often before (9/11, Oslo, Tucson, Aurora...).

Another thing they count on is how most would automatically assume that a MSM "star" like Anderson Cooper must really be in the same room with "Adrianne" & partner for this "hospital interview" —

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ3z6T-WI7Q

However, knowing how TV journalists normally film themselves separately asking their questions to the camera for editing in later (being only one camera on the interviewee at a location), that was probably how this was done as well; except they've spliced the film to appear as one shot together.

Didn't even need to green-screen the leg for that, by the convenient position (just a dummy would do), so easily hidden beneath. Now that's practical economy!
(Per Ockham's principle of economy: Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora [It is futile to do with more things that which can be done with fewer] — Summa Totius Logicae, i. 12)

I think we need to remind readers of this forum why we can't afford to forget that these PsyOps are all about creating illusions, and just like stage magicians they use the same kind of trickery that's worked for millennia.
Magic is the pretended performance of those things which cannot be done. The success of a magician's simulation of doing the impossible depends upon misleading the minds of his audiences. This, in the main, is done by adding, to a performance, details of which the spectators are unaware, and leaving out others which they believe you have not left out. In short a performance of magic is largely a demonstration of the universal reliability of certain facts of psychology.
— John Mulholland, The Art of Illusion, Charles Scribner & Sons, 1944
So my question to those who say they "don't have technical photographic skills" etc. is: do we need to know a magician's secrets to recognize and understand what we are seeing is fake? Of course not. Our experience of reality and common sense tells us the illusionist can't really levitate, tele-port a person or make his assistant whole after sawing her in half. :rolleyes:
brianv wrote:^ Lt Dan also goes around with the "US" flag sticking out of his ass and bears a strange resemblance to one of the Boston clowns.
I know, it's sickening! Sinise couldn't be "embedded" any farther in the military's ass if he were a tick <_< Check out http://www.iraqstar.org/
anonjedi2

About an hour ago, the youtube video in Maat's post above had TONS of thumbs down votes on it.

Now it has zero. <_<
MrSinclair

Unread post by MrSinclair »

anonjedi2 wrote:About an hour ago, the youtube video in Maat's post above had TONS of thumbs down votes on it.

Now it has zero. <_<
I added a thumbs down and it registered as a thumbs up. :angry: