The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Questions, speculations & updates on the techniques and nature of media fakery

The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby hoi.polloi on March 7th, 2011, 3:43 am

At this point, none of the news feels right to me. A debate has started in the Egypt event thread which - to me - describes our present conundrum.

It's nigh fruitless to pursue an image. You said it yourself before Simon. 9/11 and 7/7 may have been our latest greatest opportunities to point out the development of the simulation software before it's developed so far that it's reliably used for every single news article in the world besides "local lost puppy", know what I mean?

Although we are definitely aware of being in the age of media fakery, as you say, the power of generating fake images has now exceeded everybody's ability to discredit them - even if a hundred million people were constantly discrediting the images on a minute-by-minute basis. So you see we are already in the stage of media oversaturation and the truth is hidden behind anything that isn't immediately local to your person.

Our hope of convincing others of new evidence of the fakery technology is no longer in finding the most extraordinarily brazen examples of fakery that make us cringe - for it underestimates the state of the technology. (And indeed, we probably missed a great deal of fake people like perhaps Aaron Russo or Peter Joseph or other suspicious entities that may be sims and passed by our radar years ago while we were distracted by the obvious fakes of 9/11 or Columbine or whatever).

On the other hand, our layperson abilities will soon be overshadowed by the satanic deception technology until we are unable to adequately display the difference for people between a real photo and a stream of hundreds of "news event" photos about an event that never actually took place. This seems to be happening right now.

The dilemma is: do we concentrate on an event-by-event effort as we are doing now, while drawing parallels to 9/11 and 7/7 and the Apollo missions in the hopes of getting people to understand how easy it is to trick people about events that never happened, or do we have some other strategy to employ? Perhaps both?

If we do not answer this soon, some assholes behind the fakery are going to start their real secret war, cover it up with the global media of lies, confusion and half-truths, and countries will fall to this power behind the curtain of confusion. This could mean the end of any hope for a 'global civilization' or 'global government' as each local power tries to fend off this weird military computer. There won't be any global 'government' - there will just be a global enslavement of communities fighting for local autonomy. Or am I being a bit alarmist and cynical? Tell me I am, please.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby fbenario on March 7th, 2011, 3:56 am

hoi.polloi wrote:At this point, none of the news feels right to me.
...
There won't be any global 'government' - there will just be a global enslavement of communities fighting for local autonomy. Or am I being a bit alarmist and cynical? Tell me I am, please.

I agree with every word of the post, and with your concerns for the future.

I also don't believe anything disclosed and/or fed me in the mainstream, paid (and thus controlled) media.

I don't believe you are believing alarmist and cynical. People who hear a likely truth that makes them uncomfortable commonly use the bailout of blaming the speaker for being cynical - implying that the uncomfortable person is an-oh-so-much-more-reasonable-and-thoughtful human being. I think you have accurately predicted the future - we just don't know the timeline. I'm 49, and actually believe I'll be dead before life in the US becomes entirely unrecognizable, such as portrayed in Brave New World and 1984.
fbenario
Member
 
Posts: 2177
Joined: October 23rd, 2009, 2:49 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby nonhocapito on March 7th, 2011, 4:29 am

I think 2011 will be an important year, because of the anniversary, so it's a good thing if we discuss what is the better approach as new faked events present themselves, because there might be too many things going on this year for our attention to be fully focused on all of them.

The forum will remain (scripta manent) and it will be a good sign if our testimony for 2011 will be for clarity rather than a retreat as obscurity advances. It will probably be a crescendo until September, to get everyone into a crazed scared mood for the anniversary. We gotta have priorities and I think one of them is to try and get a distance view of events before we jump into the details, unless the details are so strong that by themselves they define the scenario...
On the other hand I am not so sure of what I have just written, because we are first of all individuals, and each of us has his/her own style and abilities and we gotta respect that, as things always have a way to define themselves in a collective effort that is not organized.

--------------------------------

About the global government/enslavement twist, I don't think something like a "global government" was ever meant to be a real possibility. It is just an idea that means global control, something that is already largely in place through the banks, the media, the supranational entities, the control of the corporations on technology, health, food etcetera. But all the while these forces do not act in complete accord, are not "governed", because they are too powerful to be. They just associate with each other under the common intent of control and power and money.

This, apparently, is the age of the control freaks, and it will last what it will last. For long that it will be, it will not be forever. Nothing lasts forever. Even the Roman empire went through phases of control and liberty, enslavement and freedom, war and peace etcetera. But it was over long before it ended, because all these other possibilities and cultures and choices kept popping up despite the imperial rule. It will be so even under the technological domain of these new control-freaks. It must be so...

But wars... yes they will keep happening... the breaking of the cold war scenario required a re-design of the tools used to keep people in place and cowed, and this re-design isn't over yet, a lot of areas are still independent and have to be taken over. Yugoslavia, Libya are two of them: maybe others will be Venezuela, Somalia, I don't know. (Another factor in the scenario, the consolidation of Israel in the middle-east is also a big priority, apparently, as Israel has defined itself the only nation that is above any law or global rule, and this must account for something. To me, that's a big question mark, and I still wonder how much this part of the game is really relevant.)

The thing is, there will always be disagreements between the great powerful forces as to what destiny pertains to what area (because such is the human nature), and in the folds of these disagreements people will hopefully find ways for independent thoughts and means.

Regardless, I am fairly optimist that the control freaks will be gone and a new pioneering phase of humanity will begin, with new forms of civilization, culture, etcetera. I don't know when, but I hate to think that anything that happens now is inevitable. It is not. Maybe the solution is around the corner and in our reach, who knows?

It certainly will have to pass through the collapse of the media, maybe under the weight of their constant trivialization and simplification of the world, until the imagery they project will be something so irreconcilable with reality nobody will identify with it anymore, not the new cultures and thoughts and ideas that in the meantime will have been born...
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2495
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 6:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby regex on March 7th, 2011, 5:52 pm

nonhocapito wrote:I think 2011 will be an important year, because of the anniversary, so it's a good thing if we discuss what is the better approach as new faked events present themselves, because there might be too many things going on this year for our attention to be fully focused on all of them.


That's something I wanted to discuss on these forums earlier, I just haven't found the right place to and I was too lazy to create a new thread.

Do you guys expect some kind of "9/11-reminder" this year?

I mean, 10 years have passed and I expect many people going on the streets in New York on 9/11 this year.

Further more I want to know, if you guys think that it is somehow possible to forecast events such as 9/11.

My idea is, that we have to watch geopolitics:
Remember the discussion about body scans? Didn't take a long time and then there was this "terrorist" guy in England that was "luckily" stopped before he could plant his bomb. And as expected, the next day everyone was sure about the fact: "If we had bodyscans at airports, this guy wouldnt have come that far!"

I think that's the key...
regex
Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: January 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby nonhocapito on March 7th, 2011, 7:28 pm

regex wrote:Do you guys expect some kind of "9/11-reminder" this year?


I have the feeling the 10th anniversary will be important, if anything because people will think "ha! ten years! that's a lot of time!" and the perpetrators would not want anyone to put this thing past them, or even worse, to come back questioning the story with renovated curiosity or indignation. Anniversaries can cause that... So distractions could be set in place to make sure the early feelings of shock and bewilderment linked to 9/11 are rejuvenated... this unless the 2012 frenzy isn't really about the 11th anniversary being the important one...
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2495
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 6:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby hoi.polloi on March 7th, 2011, 11:25 pm

nonhocapito wrote:
regex wrote:Do you guys expect some kind of "9/11-reminder" this year?


I have the feeling the 10th anniversary will be important, if anything because people will think "ha! ten years! that's a lot of time!" and the perpetrators would not want anyone to put this thing past them, or even worse, to come back questioning the story with renovated curiosity or indignation. Anniversaries can cause that... So distractions could be set in place to make sure the early feelings of shock and bewilderment linked to 9/11 are rejuvenated... this unless the 2012 frenzy isn't really about the 11th anniversary being the important one...


Their usual move is to create some kind of topical news to tie 9/11 to. Probably before or on September they will have some kind of news about 'al Qaeda' to remind everyone of this fake bogeyman.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby Dcopymope on March 8th, 2011, 2:52 am

nonhocapito wrote:I think 2011 will be an important year, because of the anniversary, so it's a good thing if we discuss what is the better approach as new faked events present themselves, because there might be too many things going on this year for our attention to be fully focused on all of them.

The forum will remain (scripta manent) and it will be a good sign if our testimony for 2011 will be for clarity rather than a retreat as obscurity advances. It will probably be a crescendo until September, to get everyone into a crazed scared mood for the anniversary. We gotta have priorities and I think one of them is to try and get a distance view of events before we jump into the details, unless the details are so strong that by themselves they define the scenario...
On the other hand I am not so sure of what I have just written, because we are first of all individuals, and each of us has his/her own style and abilities and we gotta respect that, as things always have a way to define themselves in a collective effort that is not organized.

--------------------------------

About the global government/enslavement twist, I don't think something like a "global government" was ever meant to be a real possibility. It is just an idea that means global control, something that is already largely in place through the banks, the media, the supranational entities, the control of the corporations on technology, health, food etcetera. But all the while these forces do not act in complete accord, are not "governed", because they are too powerful to be. They just associate with each other under the common intent of control and power and money.


You kind of just contradicted yourself. In order for “global control” of any kind to be brought about, everyone must be on one accord 100%. They don’t just “associate” with each other, it’s an international network of secret societies, which branch out into the public sphere under different names, or front groups, which are foundations, think thinks, intelligence agencies, military, industrial, NGO groups, private institutions, etc, all founded to bring about world government within their own specific means they were founded to do. Its all one group under different names. Its like Isis, the goddess of a thousand faces.

nonhocapito wrote:This, apparently, is the age of the control freaks, and it will last what it will last. For long that it will be, it will not be forever. Nothing lasts forever. Even the Roman empire went through phases of control and liberty, enslavement and freedom, war and peace etcetera. But it was over long before it ended, because all these other possibilities and cultures and choices kept popping up despite the imperial rule. It will be so even under the technological domain of these new control-freaks. It must be so...


I don’t personally believe that empires, such as the Roman Empire ever fell. They, the ruling establishment of the center of empire are never the victims of the perceived “collapse” of empire. They just expand their system of control into another area and call themselves, or that area, a different name. It was Rome, then the UK, and now America, which is not the center of the empire as perceived by many. America is just the attack dog for the ruling establishment to create the global framework for world government, as I explained in the CFR thread. The center of the empire is still London, which is why that area is still called the "United Kingdom". As America finishes its job conquering the last few countries in opposition to the emerging world government, they are collapsing as well by design into the very same global system they helped create, and they believe that it will be successful and will last for eternity because of the advancement of technology. They have made it very clear that true world government wasn't possible in the past because of technological limitations. Men like Bertrand Russell, who was instrumental in the formulation of our modern education system, wrote about this in his book 'The Impact of Society on Society'.

"In any given state of technique there is a limit to size. The Roman Empire was stopped by German forests and African deserts... And before the telegraph large empires tended to break up because they could not be effectively controlled from the centre.

Communications have been hitherto the chief factor limiting the size of empires... This difficulty was diminished by railways and the telegraph, and is on the point of disappearing with the improvement of the long-range bomber. There would now be no technical difficulty about a single world-wide Empire. Since war is likely to become more destructive to human life than it has been in recent centuries, unification under a single world government is probably necessary unless we are to acquiesce in either a return to barbarism or the extinction of the human race." - pg 37 The Impact of Society on Society


Looking at the state of humanity as a whole and how easily manipulated the masses are, the prospects of this failing or even collapsing is not looking good for us at all, we are in deep shit.

nonhocapito wrote:But wars... yes they will keep happening... the breaking of the cold war scenario required a re-design of the tools used to keep people in place and cowed, and this re-design isn't over yet, a lot of areas are still independent and have to be taken over. Yugoslavia, Libya are two of them: maybe others will be Venezuela, Somalia, I don't know. (Another factor in the scenario, the consolidation of Israel in the middle-east is also a big priority, apparently, as Israel has defined itself the only nation that is above any law or global rule, and this must account for something. To me, that's a big question mark, and I still wonder how much this part of the game is really relevant.)


At this point, I believe Venezuela to be controlled opposition, based on how the attempted coup against Hugo Chavez played out. I can remember as plain as day when Hugo Chavez surrendered to the opposition that carried out the coup. Now if this was a real coup, why didn't they put a bullet in his head and takeover the government? Instead, they released the guy and he was put back into power, which tells me that the perps were simply playing both sides of the conflict, totally orchestrated almost in the same vein of the fake Egyptian revolution. They want us to believe that Venezuela is real opposition, just like they want us to believe that Russia and China is real opposition.

nonhocapito wrote:The thing is, there will always be disagreements between the great powerful forces as to what destiny pertains to what area (because such is the human nature), and in the folds of these disagreements people will hopefully find ways for independent thoughts and means.

Regardless, I am fairly optimist that the control freaks will be gone and a new pioneering phase of humanity will begin, with new forms of civilization, culture, etcetera. I don't know when, but I hate to think that anything that happens now is inevitable. It is not. Maybe the solution is around the corner and in our reach, who knows?


It seems that people are expecting some big ending to all of this, like the climax of a Hollywood movie, where the evil doers are always defeated, and, you know, happy endings. Thats not the real world of course but its a nice fantasy to believe in.

nonhocapito wrote:It certainly will have to pass through the collapse of the media, maybe under the weight of their constant trivialization and simplification of the world, until the imagery they project will be something so irreconcilable with reality nobody will identify with it anymore, not the new cultures and thoughts and ideas that in the meantime will have been born...


If these people get their way, if this "New World Order" truly succeeds, once everyone's minds are truly conquered through the bran chip there will no longer be a need for the media, the entertainment industry, and all the other current instruments of propaganda. Those in the media will be discarded like the rest of us once their job is over. Their end is coming fast, as fast as the emergence of the "New World Order" itself.
Dcopymope
Member
 
Posts: 670
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 2:59 am

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby nonhocapito on March 8th, 2011, 5:23 am

Dcopymope wrote:It seems that people are expecting some big ending to all of this, like the climax of a Hollywood movie, where the evil doers are always defeated, and, you know, happy endings. Thats not the real world of course but its a nice fantasy to believe in.


Dcopymope, thanks for going through my long post of thoughts. I disagree with basically all your disagreements, but that's OK. I won't go one by one to rebuke your rebuttals. Instead I will just suggest to you this idea: what if, by and large, the elite wants to project this image of unity, utter secrecy, pyramidal power, total control, not only because this image is utterly depressing, scary, and fools people on the real size of their enemy, keeping us down like nothing else: but also because like never today, the so-called "elite" is desperate to have under control masses that are too-educated, have too much free time, are determining themselves too conscientiously, and -ethically- are much better than the supposed "elite" that wants to rule them?

The reason why the picture of the pyramidal power, the NWO, is so important to be projected today, reason why the Alex Joneses and the David Ickes work so hard to project this image, is because never like today the elites feel unsafe. They clearly don't trust each other anymore. Corporations are too powerful to be commanded. The old lies of the politicians don't work anymore. People get every day more tired of the media. The old bullshit stinks bad, and many seem to have become much wiser, while the new tricks aren't as convincing as the old ones.
Think about this: how long would the Apollo lie last if it was laid out today? Things got better for us and not worse. Our grandparents had no idea that anything like propaganda was even possible, and look at us now: Exposing the fakery teams barely hours after their crimes. B)

And anyway: even if there was no hope and this "dark force", devoted to evil, was about to take over the whole planet like you seem to believe (which is false, because there is always hope, and there is no such thing as absolute evil). Even so, in face of this darkness do we need you to bum us out? :P
We gotta give hope, man. We gotta turn the lights on. We gotta make it if we're out. Every day: light, hope, hope and light. Let's piss 'em off.
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2495
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 6:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby hoi.polloi on March 8th, 2011, 5:58 am

Not to mention, if there was some kind of "New World Order" (that's you and me and everyone else eventually, by the way, since there is no copyright on the phrase :P ) the planners would be dead in another 20 years. All those guys are pretty old farts who learn about spiritual mystical stuff and still insist on being assholes with new spiritual justifications ("the more gold you have, the closer you are to God" and other pablum). So their sons or heirs check into it and see things aren't as grim as the old man thought they were. They probably won't be as heartless, either.

Also look at all the things that have gotten better. We have computers, technological art, amazing games and music and the like. Did we have these things fifty years ago when they were being invented? The only really bad things going on right now are the wars and the environmental disasters - pretty much led by the same culture of heavy-handed "neoliberals" who also happen to be writing the laws that will make their behavior obsolete and possibly illegal. No "lizard men" yet. Just people striving to cooperate and trust each other. There is definitely hope.

I just think we need to come up with some dialogue about this to stress the importance of what we're doing. Maybe I am halfway between you two; what we have is not that powerful but we still might prevent some wars and that could be a great thing.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby Dcopymope on March 9th, 2011, 1:15 am

nonhocapito wrote:
Dcopymope wrote:It seems that people are expecting some big ending to all of this, like the climax of a Hollywood movie, where the evil doers are always defeated, and, you know, happy endings. Thats not the real world of course but its a nice fantasy to believe in.


Dcopymope, thanks for going through my long post of thoughts. I disagree with basically all your disagreements, but that's OK. I won't go one by one to rebuke your rebuttals. Instead I will just suggest to you this idea: what if, by and large, the elite wants to project this image of unity, utter secrecy, pyramidal power, total control, not only because this image is utterly depressing, scary, and fools people on the real size of their enemy, keeping us down like nothing else: but also because like never today, the so-called "elite" is desperate to have under control masses that are too-educated, have too much free time, are determining themselves too conscientiously, and -ethically- are much better than the supposed "elite" that wants to rule them?


I don’t feel a need to speculate on the size of the enemy, or the problem. The problem is the system in general, which comprises of foundations, think tanks, the bureaucratic arm, military, NGO groups, and of course the money, which makes this system go around, etc. The “educated” masses are also our enemy, those still stuck within The Matrix. They are the people the ruling establishment depends on for this agenda to be successful; it’s a symbiotic relationship. Really, its not even the perps that are our real problem, its the majority of the populace that is our real problem. And what exactly is “education” anyway? Define it. The perps responsible for the education system, like Mr. Bertrand Russell, made it very clear that it’s easier to get someone “educated” within the system to believe in absurdities, like the official story of 9/11, Al-Qaeda hiding under our beds, aliens with indestructible shields, anthropogenic global warming & cooling etc, then someone who is uneducated, because the “uneducated” haven’t had their minds fucked with by the system, which is why it was important to make the illiterate masses literate, if they wanted this agenda to succeed (not saying that being able to read is a bad thing in of itself). Being educated in this system doesn’t mean you are knowledgeable, wise, intelligent or smart, it just means you’ve got a quality approval stamp by the ruling establishment to work in their system, and willingly fork over more than half of your earnings to them in taxation, which makes you nothing but self maintained slaves.

And you talk about the “educated” masses having too much free time? True, but what exactly do they do with that free time? You go around and ask the average Joe what he did when he came home from work, and they’ll basically tell you that they just went home and played, they entertained themselves to death. They didn’t actually learn anything of actual value; they went home and played like children. The ruling establishment knew that if they were to give their flock more time to themselves that they would have to distract the masses from serious thought, so they give them lots of entertainment, drugs, etc.


nonhocapito wrote:The reason why the picture of the pyramidal power, the NWO, is so important to be projected today, reason why the Alex Joneses and the David Ickes work so hard to project this image, is because never like today the elites feel unsafe. They clearly don't trust each other anymore. Corporations are too powerful to be commanded. The old lies of the politicians don't work anymore. People get every day more tired of the media. The old bullshit stinks bad, and many seem to have become much wiser, while the new tricks aren't as convincing as the old ones.

Think about this: how long would the Apollo lie last if it was laid out today? Things got better for us and not worse. Our grandparents had no idea that anything like propaganda was even possible, and look at us now: Exposing the fakery teams barely hours after their crimes. B)


Much of what you say here has no real value to me personally. I don't see the more current generations getting any more wiser than their grandparents were, as there is no amount of bullshit that the masses won't believe in, as current history alone shows. I see them getting even dumber than their grandparents were actually. Most people of the more current generations can't even read and write properly, which is deliberate.

"There is no nonsense so arrant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action." - Bertrand Russell

"Oh, Foolish Man, What Can You Not Be Made To Believe?" - Adam Weishaupt

The fakery may have been exposed, but not to the masses, who, if you were to discuss any of the legit info discussed on any of the conspiracy "theory" websites, will look at you like you came from another planet. So while the issue of media fakery is well documented on this website, it doesn't mean much in of itself, as you're only preaching to the choir in the end.


nonhocapito wrote:And anyway: even if there was no hope and this "dark force", devoted to evil, was about to take over the whole planet like you seem to believe (which is false, because there is always hope, and there is no such thing as [absolute evil). Even so, in face of this darkness do we need you to bum us out? :P
We gotta give hope, man. We gotta turn the lights on. We gotta make it if we're out. Every day: light, hope, hope and light. Let's piss 'em off.


Oh, of course there is always hope, but it isn't going to come from the masses, it never has in history and never will. The idea that there is no such thing as absolute evil is actually the focal point of Anglo American culture, and that of its 'allies'. Its called moral relativism, meaning there is no such thing as right & wrong, everything is relative, and if they can get the masses to believe this, then the masses will allow anything to be done to them by the authorities, as it is the authorities that will and are telling them what is right and wrong. That is why it was important to get the masses believing in moral relativism. They may not know that they believe in it, but they show it everyday in their actions, monkey see monkey do. Thats why they are called the unwashed masses by the ruling establishment, and no sane person, someone who is awake and aware of whats going on would put any faith in the masses to do the right thing. The masses will go the way of their conditioning in the end as always.

hoi.polloi wrote:Not to mention, if there was some kind of "New World Order" (that's you and me and everyone else eventually, by the way, since there is no copyright on the phrase :P ) the planners would be dead in another 20 years. All those guys are pretty old farts who learn about spiritual mystical stuff and still insist on being assholes with new spiritual justifications ("the more gold you have, the closer you are to God" and other pablum). So their sons or heirs check into it and see things aren't as grim as the old man thought they were. They probably won't be as heartless, either.


David Rockefeller, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Henry Kissinger, and all the other perps people like the point fingers at may be dead in the next twenty years (assuming they don't get life extension technology), but the institutions and the people that are hired to work in them that are pushing for world government will be here for as long as the ruling establishment need them. The problem is far bigger than individuals, its the entire system we are dealing with as I said. They have a mandate that was set forth centuries if not ages ago, which is world government, or a true global empire, and in that general mandate they have smaller scheduled mandates, ten, fifty year mandates to make it happen. And, contrary to what some like Alex Jones will tell you, everything is on schedule, they didn't miss a beat. Its all run like a big business plan.

hoi.polloi wrote:Also look at all the things that have gotten better. We have computers, technological art, amazing games and music and the like. Did we have these things fifty years ago when they were being invented? The only really bad things going on right now are the wars and the environmental disasters - pretty much led by the same culture of heavy-handed "neoliberals" who also happen to be writing the laws that will make their behavior obsolete and possibly illegal. No "lizard men" yet. Just people striving to cooperate and trust each other. There is definitely hope.

I just think we need to come up with some dialogue about this to stress the importance of what we're doing. Maybe I am halfway between you two; what we have is not that powerful but we still might prevent some wars and that could be a great thing.


So, to you the world has gotten better because we can sing a song, sit behind a computer or video game console and play ourselves to death? Where you spend the rest of your life chasing after a piece of paper called money like a rat chasing after a carrot in a maze? Is this what life is supposed to be all about? That’s quite the “life” you got there. This is what humanity really should be having dialogue about. I personally would rather be living as a "primitive" in the jungle and be truly free than live as a high tech slave. Evidently, these pieces of machines that you praise haven’t actually made life any better, it only made life more convenient, and people will sell their souls for convenience sake, and the perps know this. It also made the masses even more dependent on the system for practically everything that they need to survive and to do even the most basic things. Its tyranny made even easier than it ever was in history. People like Hitler would be salivating at the kind of high tech slave grid being put in place across the globe today.
Dcopymope
Member
 
Posts: 670
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 2:59 am

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby Terence.drew on March 9th, 2011, 2:26 pm

Great topic and very informed and insightful posts on all sides. I think Dcopymore's point about technology is very very important and the most pressing. Previous generations didn't have to deal with this entity which envelopes us every minute of every day and has direct access to our subconscious. http://subliminalmanipulation.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-generation-of-subliminal-messages.html There are many good things about technology, but people are so mesmerized and entranced by it's lure, that the nefarious out there must pinch themselves sometimes at how easy the bait is swallowed.
We are dealing with people who are clever but not wise; who have something with potential but use it for their own ends. The "girl by the whirlpool looking for a new fool" from the Bob Dylan song.
These people despise talent more than anything else on earth. Talent is invisible, non material and beautiful, and comes from somewhere near the human heart and is there waiting in everyone, which is a very painful thing for materialists to be reminded of.
So here is a reminder :unsure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o%20Ha
I love when I see something like this and I feel moved and uplifted (24 million views! Stick that in your harry potter pipe and schmoke it!) The biggest aim of the use of technology IMO is to distract people, esp. young people, away from their talents and creative sides, or give them the illusion they are talented at something i.e. killing people online, when really all that has happened is they have been handed an off-the-shelf lifestyle and told to conform to it (many young people use and master technology for creative ends which is brilliant and fair play)
Sorry for rambling.
Whatever about future happenings, 911 is a brilliant ready made example of 'the simulation'. It's now there for everyone. Find it. Understand it. Switch it off in your own life. Inform anyone else who is interested. Work with some other people on growing food and drinking and following your creative and instinctive side. If you come up with a good idea do not patent it - this is the ruination of the nation. Let it out there for others to copy and use. Tell your local bank, restaurant or bar that you will stop using their services if they insist on blaring skynews at you when you walk in.
Read 'How to be Idle' and 'How to be free' by Tom Hodgkinson.http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-be-Free-Tom-Hodgkinson/dp/0241143217
Terence.drew
Member
 
Posts: 248
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 2:55 pm

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby hoi.polloi on March 9th, 2011, 9:14 pm

So, to you the world has gotten better because we can sing a song, sit behind a computer or video game console and play ourselves to death? Where you spend the rest of your life chasing after a piece of paper called money like a rat chasing after a carrot in a maze? Is this what life is supposed to be all about? That’s quite the “life” you got there. This is what humanity really should be having dialogue about. I personally would rather be living as a "primitive" in the jungle and be truly free than live as a high tech slave. Evidently, these pieces of machines that you praise haven’t actually made life any better, it only made life more convenient, and people will sell their souls for convenience sake, and the perps know this. It also made the masses even more dependent on the system for practically everything that they need to survive and to do even the most basic things. Its tyranny made even easier than it ever was in history. People like Hitler would be salivating at the kind of high tech slave grid being put in place across the globe today.


That's probably all true, fine. But if you look at the average person and ask them to measure the happiness of their life, a lot of people will blame technology or complexities or urbanity or whatever as being obstacles to their happiness. They know it's a problem, an "evil" but it's one they accept and believe they can overcome. It's a game - a challenge they believe they can win. They're not completely duped - just a little overly hopeful in the wrong thing. If people could not squelch their hope but redirect it to having hope in the truth instead of bullshit, things could improve. Many realize the sham quicker than others and work to try to keep people's expectations more realistic. I think this forum is a part of that movement. It's not a solution, but it's a discussion that needs to happen about people's technoptimism.

I think it's a natural part of life to be both curious about what the "Roman gridded" city has to offer - what people have invented for each other - and to also love nature and our innate humanity that is given to us just by being born of woman. Of course I would love to have been born to a "jungle" woman but that kind of paradise in the wild comes with all sorts of difficulties too. Such as people who haven't been born in the jungle coming and imposing their way of life on you - literally raping your women and killing you and forcing you out of your lifestyle. It's not acceptable, but yet we are being asked to accept this every day by the system we are in. I wouldn't say that's necessarily moral relativism. I'd say it's people outright admitting the evils of our society and being encouraged to endorse it and reconcile it. Look at how pacified a culture gets once a TV is placed in their modest home. Before long, they won't see their home as a home - they will see it as a symbol of being "poor" and then the strife begins. The envy and capitalism and laziness of not wanting to grow one's own food and produce one's own means in collaboration with Earth - to be pampered by what Daniel Quinn called "Mother Culture" in exchange for some repetitive mindless task - if you are even "lucky" enough to be enslaved to monetary debt and "score" one of these slave wage jobs.

The question I am posing isn't about that particular "evil" (I am still challenging us on the word evil because I believe there is only evil to something, no absolute evil, but I agree if we talked with everyone on Earth we might eventually come to an understanding about some kind of evil that all people can agree on ... or can we? Maybe that's what the "global government" is really wanting - to create a universal evil to unite us). The question I am more concerned about is - in our modern, somewhat twisted society - what is the role of the simulation? It is a story-telling mechanism - the painter of a drama. It tells a dramatic story of what is going on to keep people wrapped up in the sham that they - too - might one day reach above the chaos and be invited into the elite homes of the gangsters where they will at last be free.

Things can get worse, certainly. But the only major thing that can really change - that the gangsters don't really want - is that we simply stop buying their shit and stop being their lapdogs. Piss in their wine in the hallway before serving it to them, "accidentally" hand them their ass when the carpet "slips" their footing, or outright tell them they are elitist assholes that are going to be less and less welcome in public life. If you make it uncomfortable for them, it doesn't necessarily change their world view (they will still have a chip on their shoulder and believe they are special and are being personally slighted) but it might give them less freedom to take our dignity.

My contention with this forum and September Clues in general is that it may soon be an obsolete form of convincing people to defend themselves and demand dignity, because the bullshit will be produced by more and more groups of lifestyle artists - lifestyle gang leaders - who share the same vision as the present elite except with their own brands of the pyramid scheme.

The threshold of the simulation is happening now - will people accept the shiny new factory fresh models of elitist crap or will they be able to fight back on all of it? It is not just the news or the pseudo-news asslickers like The Daily Show that offer fake privilege. I want to nip this "fakery" thing in the dialogue so that we don't have to continually get sucked in to a scheme, then back out of it over and over again. It's time to do something beyond merely "wondering" if the news is fabricated for its creators' benefit.

Our system right now is fiefdom, enforced by fascism. With a little bit of ugly imperialism on the side, for those feudalistic bunches that get a little cocky about their success. We can improve the system without feeding its mistakes and making it worse. It's not hopeless. I feel like merely arguing that it isn't hopeless is almost where a lot of this battle between cynicism and enlightenment takes place.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby fbenario on March 9th, 2011, 10:38 pm

This thread may not be the appropriate place for me to post this, but I liked the colorful language describing the impermanence of all empires, and thought it might help us remember that, no matter how bad the future seems, it is unlikely to be a permanent blight on the Earth.
I have walked through the barren remains of Babylon in Iraq and the ancient Roman city of Antioch, the capital of Roman Syria, which now lies buried in silt deposits. I have visited the marble ruins of Leptis Magna, once one of the most important agricultural centers in the Roman Empire, now isolated in the desolate drifts of sand southeast of Tripoli. I have climbed at dawn up the ancient temples in Tikal, while flocks of brightly colored toucans leapt through the jungle foliage below. I have stood amid the remains of the ancient Egyptian city of Luxor along the Nile, looking at the statue of the great Egyptian pharaoh Ramesses II lying broken on the ground, with Percy Shelley’s poem “Ozymandias” running through my head:

“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Civilizations rise, decay and die. Time, as the ancient Greeks argued, for individuals and for states is cyclical. As societies become more complex they become inevitably more precarious. They become increasingly vulnerable. And as they begin to break down there is a strange retreat by a terrified and confused population from reality, an inability to acknowledge the self-evident fragility and impending collapse. The elites at the end speak in phrases and jargon that do not correlate to reality. They retreat into isolated compounds, whether at the court at Versailles, the Forbidden City or modern palatial estates. The elites indulge in unchecked hedonism, the accumulation of vaster wealth and extravagant consumption. They are deaf to the suffering of the masses who are repressed with greater and greater ferocity. Resources are more ruthlessly depleted until they are exhausted. And then the hollowed-out edifice collapses. The Roman and Sumerian empires fell this way. The Mayan elites, after clearing their forests and polluting their streams with silt and acids, retreated backward into primitivism.

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=23608
fbenario
Member
 
Posts: 2177
Joined: October 23rd, 2009, 2:49 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby hoi.polloi on March 10th, 2011, 3:41 am

Hopefully the premise that we will take the whole Earth with us when it collapses next is a little off the mark.

But we are definitely approaching a bottleneck of some kind.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Postby Unleashed on April 1st, 2011, 5:43 am

Many times I have felt the futility of the fight to expose the falsehoods and uphold truth.
Like so many raindrops on a vast ocean of people swept to and fro by every new "event", we are not enough to change the current.

The story of the Emperors New Clothes get brought up alot, because it is apropos, to a point.
Just as most everyone goes along with the storyline put out there for our consumption, we think that pointing out the emptiness and fakery will cause people to en masse, open their own eyes to the deceptions and cry foul loudly enough that...what? They will be forced to change to a new type of deception? That they will wave a white flag of surrender? Doubtful.

In the end of the children's tale, the emperor, once pointed out he was taken in by the fraud to "expose" him, does not relinquish his crown. Nor does it tell us, he becomes a new man, more considerate of matters other than himself. No he just goes on and finishes his parade, above the people and haughty to the end. Now who really is the emperor? The deception itself, or the people who refuse to admit they were taken in by a fraud, or choose to ignore it?

I guess we do this truthseeking and trying to understand what is going on because we have no other choice. It is a matter of integrity. We are compelled to, aren't we?
Like putting the lies on trial, if not the liars.

How many voices does it take to reach a tipping point?
Unleashed
Member
 
Posts: 315
Joined: March 25th, 2011, 4:27 am

Next

Return to The Question of Fakery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests