Aimi Eguchi

Questions, speculations & updates on the techniques and nature of media fakery
Katey

Aimi Eguchi

Unread post by Katey »

Hi everyone, I thought you would be interested in this sim.
The not-so-perfect pop princess: How Japanese music producers fooled thousands of fans with computerised singer

The sickly-sweet pop idol had actually been computer generated from composite pictures of six of the most attractive members of the band AKB48. Her high-pitched voice merely an auto-tuned actor's.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1QB6TkBB5
nonhocapito

Re: Aimi Eguchi

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Interesting. I guess we should welcome positively the fact that these fakery stunts are revealed by the same people who produce them. It seems they know they would be busted sooner or later anyway. After all it only makes sense that every new generation should be able to grasp the concept of media fakery easier than the preceding one.
Gracist
Banned

Unread post by Gracist »

I just saw this too and wanted to post it here for more evidence on how easy it is now to create total sims and fool people with them. I wonder sometimes how many high profile people are nothing but sims...

http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/j ... -creation/
grav

Unread post by grav »

i would be interested at how these CGI technological advances find there way into the entertainment industry.

is this just the diligent work of everyday artists and software-engineers that are stumbling onto new techniques? or is there a general trend of developments trickling down from particular production houses.. ?

if i had to guess, i would say military psyops had today's next-generation CGI capablities at least 10 years ago. so do these techniques get passed along eventually to big entertainment or is it just happenstance that regular developers stumble onto the same processing techniques?

personally i feel like the videogame industry (or the sim-world industry) is being purposely held back. we're mostly still clunking around with creating models from scratch polygons, unwrapping, and texturing the same way that was done a decade ago. there are some fancy automated scripts for things, but creating a game level is still really clunky. i believe the military is using Sim-World software that lets you create a 100% realistic city with the click of a button with flawless textures and near-perfect physical properties of every square-inch of material. (wood / plastic / metal, etc. will tear apart or break realistically) as well as react to lighting perfectly. You can do all this stuff now in the entertainment industry, it would just be very tedious. so it's pretty logical to say they've figured out how to automate it a long time ago.
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

grav wrote:i would be interested at how these CGI technological advances find there way into the entertainment industry.

is this just the diligent work of everyday artists and software-engineers that are stumbling onto new techniques? or is there a general trend of developments trickling down from particular production houses.. ?

if i had to guess, i would say military psyops had today's next-generation CGI capablities at least 10 years ago. so do these techniques get passed along eventually to big entertainment or is it just happenstance that regular developers stumble onto the same processing techniques?

personally i feel like the videogame industry (or the sim-world industry) is being purposely held back. we're mostly still clunking around with creating models from scratch polygons, unwrapping, and texturing the same way that was done a decade ago. there are some fancy automated scripts for things, but creating a game level is still really clunky. i believe the military is using Sim-World software that lets you create a 100% realistic city with the click of a button with flawless textures and near-perfect physical properties of every square-inch of material. (wood / plastic / metal, etc. will tear apart or break realistically) as well as react to lighting perfectly. You can do all this stuff now in the entertainment industry, it would just be very tedious. so it's pretty logical to say they've figured out how to automate it a long time ago.
Like all technology, the latest CGi software is presented to us as if it’s the cutting edge. They tell us these corporations are competing with each other yet they all get the exact same technology at the same time, which should make it obvious to anyone with a thinking brain that there is no real competition at all. We think we know the true state of technology, yet we seem to forget that there is a branch of the law called national security where the real high tech stuff is kept secret. When that tech is obsolete, usually thirty to fifty years later, it is handed down to their front companies who then present it to us as if it’s new or in development through the advertising companies. The same is obviously true for the video game industry which has really been developing video games the same way they've been doing them not for a decade, but for decades. Programming the games haven't changed much at all from how they were programmed thirty odd years ago, and yet they want us to believe that the technology for game development has progressed when nothing has really progressed at all, at least not to the point where you can truly call it "progress".
nonhocapito

Dcopymope wrote:We think we know the true state of technology, yet we seem to forget that there is a branch of the law called national security where the real high tech stuff is kept secret. When that tech is obsolete, usually thirty to fifty years later, it is handed down to their front companies who then present it to us as if it’s new or in development through the advertising companies.
This can be true in some cases, yet I'm not sure it works so systematically. Technological or scientific progress cannot be entirely controlled, because there can always be some company or some university lab that develops some technology nobody thought of before. Many, even.

Besides, so far the results of media fakery haven't been at all perfect. There is almost nothing in the 9/11 faked imagery that can not be explained with some obvious technology we very well know exists, and that isn't top secret at all. The trick is all in the combination of all these technology, the time dedicated to the effort, and of course the resources. Video compositing, state of the art virtual reality, face morphing, green screen, front screen projection, photoshop etc. None of the technologies required to pull out 9/11 was at the time "alien", or "top secret".

This should really make us question this myth of the "secret scientific advancement".

If such advancement was true, 9/11 wouldn't be the botched job that it is. They would have had then, 10 years ago, at least the much better rendering capabilities we have now. But they didn't. In fact it took them so many years to come out with the re-rendered NIST cumulus bullcrap, when new technology evidently made it worthy to re-do.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

grav wrote:if I had to guess, i would say military psy-ops had today's next-generation CGI capabilities at least 10 years ago.
It is necessary to take for granted that, once any technology becomes widely known, the military has not only known about it for many years - but also has been using it.

EDIT: Having said that, I think Nonhocapito is right in his comment too, that in some cases at least the military is not far ahead of the rest of us in its use of certain technologies. Further, it is probable that sometimes a technology company DOES invent something that we become aware of at the same time as the military does.

Still, as a presumption, I think it is appropriate to assume what Dcopymope and I have said, that the military is many years ahead of us in its use of technology.
grav

Unread post by grav »

yes, as far as software, i think the rogue developer can stumble upon all sorts of new advancements. but one thing that is probably 100% controlled is hardware, right? they must have graphics hardware that has made render-processing times and budgets obsolete many years ago.
guivre

Unread post by guivre »

nonhocapito wrote:
Dcopymope wrote:
Besides, so far the results of media fakery haven't been at all perfect. There is almost nothing in the 9/11 faked imagery that can not be explained with some obvious technology we very well know it exists, and that isn't top secret at all. The trick is all in the combination of all these technology, the time dedicated to the effort, and of course the resources. Video composting, state of the art virtual reality, face morphing, green screen, front screen projection, photoshop etc. None of the technologies required to pull out 9/11 was at the time "alien", or "top secret".
Exactly, this plus the psychology that admen, media normally rely on to fool people into buying whatever they're selling is what made 9/11.

When people say something like "just imagine what technology the government has" it has a very emotional feel to it, like little kids waiting for santa claus or reading fairy tales.

In the US we do have that 'black budget' which I'm sure causes peoples imaginations to run wild, but it's a lot easier to think of it as sloppy bookkeeping.
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

guivre wrote:
nonhocapito wrote:
Dcopymope wrote:
Besides, so far the results of media fakery haven't been at all perfect. There is almost nothing in the 9/11 faked imagery that can not be explained with some obvious technology we very well know it exists, and that isn't top secret at all. The trick is all in the combination of all these technology, the time dedicated to the effort, and of course the resources. Video composting, state of the art virtual reality, face morphing, green screen, front screen projection, photoshop etc. None of the technologies required to pull out 9/11 was at the time "alien", or "top secret".
Exactly, this plus the psychology that admen, media normally rely on to fool people into buying whatever they're selling is what made 9/11.

When people say something like "just imagine what technology the government has" it has a very emotional feel to it, like little kids waiting for santa claus or reading fairy tales.

In the US we do have that 'black budget' which I'm sure causes peoples imaginations to run wild, but it's a lot easier to think of it as sloppy bookkeeping.
Which is what they want us to believe. Its amazing the kind of bullshit people fall for. The technology behind the making of Aimi Eguchi really isn't anything new from looking at the article and video in it, it just looks better than the "botched" 9/11 op, so I was actually wrong in my assumptions. Remember when the tech behind the movie Avatar was sold to us as the most revolutionary software to date? There was nothing "revolutionary" about that either, its nothing but motion capture applied to the face, which was really done before in the movie 'Beowulf' among others. This as well as this 'Aimi Eguchi' stuff is a small example of how we're led by the nose. But assuming that this is really new, making one pre-produced simulated character look flawless is one thing, but doing the same for a covert operation on the scale of 9/11 or bigger from multiple perspectives live on air is another thing entirely.
nonhocapito

Dcopymope wrote:Which is what they want us to believe. Its amazing the kind of bullshit people fall for.
I think this secret advancement is just unsubstantiated rumor. There is no base to it. Sure there must be secret military projects implementing secret technologies, secret weapons, secret drugs and whatnot. We can imagine there are. But there is no reason to believe that this is like a parallel science, "handed down 30 years later" to the public: it is just big projects with big funds. Nothing a big corporation couldn't do, investing the same resources. Besides, today's corporations have more money than the military, and whatever they discover they use to make money, which also means that patents are sold all the time.

However, when it comes to virtual reality, I don't even see in what occasions such 30-years-advanced-technologies could be used.
I mean, if not with 9/11, if not with Apollo, if apparently not even with more recent NASA projects that seem to suffer the same flaws of today's technology: Then where this alleged incredible creative/deceiving power is being used exactly?

(And, while we're there, do you think this 30-years-advancement applies to robots too? holograms? invisibility? Space travel? I say NO: humanity isn't that stupid. We notice things. There are no humanoid robots walking among us, no holograms that look real, no cloaking devices predator-style, no anti-gravitational spaceships... There are old tricks that get better, but there are also more people 'awake' during the persuasion rituals.)
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

grav wrote:yes, as far as software, i think the rogue developer can stumble upon all sorts of new advancements. but one thing that is probably 100% controlled is hardware, right? they must have graphics hardware that has made render-processing times and budgets obsolete many years ago.
Grav,

Whatever hardware/software is around at a given time, it is still up to human beings to use it with TALENT AND INTELLIGENCE.

No matter what fabulous technology some humans come up with - it is still for other humans to use it with the given intelligence they are blessed with. If their brains are not up to par with it - they will be roundly exposed in due time.

The 9/11 imagery epitomizes the problem of having stupid (most probably military-trained) people handling these wonderful technologies.
The problem is: the folks handling them were inept. The work they did was dreadfully flawed.

We all have to be thankful for this - that they flunked their 'examination'. Future psyops will no doubt be flawless - but the horrid 9/11 fiasco will always stand as proof of the phoniness of their antics. Under this view, 9/11 could well be called a 'blessing in disguise': the poor handling of their 'state-of-the-art tech' gave us the opportunity to point it out. Now, how cool is that?
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

simonshack wrote:The 9/11 imagery epitomizes the problem of having stupid (most probably military-trained) people handling these wonderful technologies.
Military-trained = stupid.

Nice tautology/truism. Certainly works for me.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

fbenario wrote:
simonshack wrote:The 9/11 imagery epitomizes the problem of having stupid (most probably military-trained) people handling these wonderful technologies.
Military-trained = stupid.

Nice tautology/truism. Certainly works for me.
Thanks, Fbenario. My stance is that military training is the foremost scourge of humanity. It is forced upon peaceful people to help defend the sleazy rulers of this foolish planet.The blessed day when NO ONE AT ALL will apply for military service will be a major victory for mankind - and a long-due 'software upgrade' of human intelligence.

I mean - WHO THE HELL is so fucking stupid to spend his/her own precious and unique life waging war against other people?

Why? Why? Why? And why don't we immediately stop giving our sons and daughters to the military - to serve and protect
the most corrupt, depraved and despicable clowns of this world?