The Age of Media Fakery: Art Corner

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Art Corner

Postby simonshack on July 4th, 2017, 10:24 am

dblitz » July 4th, 2017, 4:35 am wrote:I will try to think up a story with a plot based on media fakery.

I'd love to read that - sincerely enjoy your writing style! :)
simonshack
Administrator

Postby agraposo on July 10th, 2017, 9:05 pm

This image may be appropriate for those who still watch tv news (without knowing what really are the news).

agraposo

Postby pov603 on July 11th, 2017, 6:13 am

dblitz » 03 Jul 2017, 21:04 wrote:I just found this old story I wrote, around 2005 or 6. It has some space elements that some may disagree with, and maybe I would write it differently now, but the plot is the main thing. I would appreciate feedback as I am getting back into writing and I might even re-write this since it was a while ago now and I have an alternative ending in mind.

https://dblitzblog.blogspot.com.au/2017/07/elegant-solution.html

Very enjoyable.
pov603

Postby dblitz on July 11th, 2017, 12:05 pm

Thanks, Simon and pov603 :)
dblitz

Postby patrix on July 13th, 2017, 8:03 am

I think these animations illustrate how you can create anything digitally today. Including perfectly animated faces.
(I did not embed them because they are very large)
Bagles on my mind
https://i.imgur.com/9HTu9Q8.gifv
Human Touch
https://i.imgur.com/h5e6oGj.gifv
patrix

Postby Flabbergasted on July 14th, 2017, 8:36 pm

dblitz » July 3rd, 2017, 4:04 pm wrote:I just found this old story I wrote, around 2005 or 6. It has some space elements that some may disagree with, and maybe I would write it differently now, but the plot is the main thing. I would appreciate feedback as I am getting back into writing and I might even re-write this since it was a while ago now and I have an alternative ending in mind.

I only just read the story today. I also like the style. You have a knack for building tension. Don´t bother about changing it to reconcile it with your current knowledge (a never-ending task)! It´ll probably show if you do and, as you say, the plot is the main thing. It could use a tiny bit of proof-reading, though.
Flabbergasted

Postby dblitz on August 4th, 2017, 1:52 am

Thanks mate :)
dblitz

Postby hoi.polloi on August 28th, 2017, 10:33 pm

This book is not new, or illustrated extremely well; but I remember it "armed" well my young brain against the mentality of some psychos.

It's just called "Rabbit and Skunk and the Scary Rock" (1976) by Carla Stevens, and you can find used copies here or there.

I wish I could show the entire thing here, but the gist is that Rabbit and Skunk are tortured and teased by a "scary rock". They argue with each other and become scared, only to find out at the end it's Woodchuck with a shit-eating crazy grin and making them scared for some personal reason he doesn't go into. The concept is simple, but it's a funny and charming way to introduce some concepts to kids. I highly recommend a copy to any members here with children or grandchildren.

rabbitskunk.jpg
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Previous

Return to THE LIVING ROOM