Transparency in the news!

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
omaxsteve
Banned

Transparency in the news!

Unread post by omaxsteve »

I'm in what used to be Canada's largest city (when I was born in 1957), The infrastructure is crumbling as I write. Everyday a bridge or overpass either crumbles or needs to be closed because of worrisome inspection reports. The metropolis of an Island has two of three bridges to the south shore closed on a daily basis , and the third one has to be closed twice a day for a while to change the traffic direction. After 5 months of daily Nato aerial bombing raids the roads in Libya still have fewer potholes than those in Montreal

Anyway, I'm watching CNN , AndrewCooperson live from Somalia with the good Doctor Gootpuh basically filming an infomercial for the foster parent network. I guess the plan is to guilt the well-off and fortunate middle class american taxpayer to feel so bad for the poor starving children that they will send their hard-earned money to Somalian Relief Fund .

Of course the bankrupt american government will give them generous tax deductions for making a charitable donation. They are only hoping that the people are so distracted by the debt ratings, borrowing limits, downed Navy Seal helicopters with 30 of Americas finest human fighting machines (we're talking Jack Bauer's -clone likes) , that they won't ask why BamackOrama doesn't just send a few hundred million dollars of aid to the poor and starving Somalians.

Oh yeah, if they do ask he can just simply say that they have exhausted so many resources saving the Libyans from their own government by bombing the horsecrap out of them. Of course , they Libyans themselves are living in horrendous conditions (the air-conditioning is no longer working due to electricity blackouts in Tripoli). How can the american taxpayers fault their government for spending billions of dollars blowing things up in Libya, to spend a fraction of that amount to feed the starving children of Somalia.

CNN had their guy in Libya too, but he wasn't able to interview any Libyans who were happy with the NATO bombing because the government of LIbya has them under such tight control. The super -hero reporter however did manage to sneak away from his "handler" though and managed to get someone to cover their face and say they 'be been wanting their freedom from Khadaffi since all the way back in 1969. (at least that what the subtitles say, from the look at the body language of the speaker he looks like he could have been saying ," Hi Mom, got your email and everyone's fine" !

All the while London is under siege by rioting hoodlums, Japan is suffering from Tsunamis , earthquakes and nuclear fallout, half the countries in the middle east are either rebelling or being attacked by their own dictators, starving from famines, Haiti, of course is in ruins, Norway had their own 9-11 with the shooter- bomber. Sweden has to defend their Wiki-Leaker. And most every other country has their own problems, be they real or faked, or if necessary, false- flag type events.

The weather girl is covering the drought in Somalia, they even have graphics indicating that less than 50% of the crops were able to be harvested in Somalia in July.

I will take a wild guess and say that the average annual income in Somalia is probably equivalent to what a New York toll-booth attendant makes in an average week. (depending on how deep his pockets are). If I had to guess I would say that the daily cost of NATO bombing operations in Libya, and far less than the daily cost of feeding the combat troops in Afghanistan, would easily double the annual income of every Somalian family.

Its amusing, in a weird sort of way to see that the video from the London riots looks far worse and more menacing that what we saw from Egypt, and that was enough to cause Mubarak, the long time leader to step down and relinquish power. The threatening revolutionaries promised that they would not leave the downtown square unless Mubarak handed over power to the commanders of his own army. In London they quelch these violent riots with the police force, mind-you , they are now talking about sending in the army if the rioters don't stop their antics.

Biff Woltzer keeps harping about a trillion dollars of american's wealth disappeared with the stock market falling . He fails to mention that someone, or some major institutions were making an equal amount of money short-selling . Nothing was lost, but a trillion dollars has changed hands. That s a significant amount of dollars. It takes approximately 256 million dollars, placed-end to end, to go around the equator once. That means it takes a billion to around the equator 4 times. A trillion is a thousand billion. written out that a one in front of 12 zeros. 1,000,000,000,000.00 . You would have to place dollar bills end to end all around the world 4,000 times to lay down a trillion.

I won't mention that the suspicious shuttle program that was just retired, which cost american taxpayers many more billions of dollars.

The president is bullied into producing his birth certificate, by a host of a TV reality show. Within hours of the birth certificate being produced ( just long enough for multiple sources to verify that it was an obviously photo-shopped document) we get a breaking news bulletin:
BenLanding was captured, briefly, then killed and quickly dumped at sea. The proof is in the photos that they cannot show us because they are worried about hurting "their" feelings. (Not sure who the "their" are, but they also have to protect the children because the pictures are so gruesome ). (They Navy seal assassins must have used a sawed off shot gun and blown the guys head off)

One year ago today the chilean miners were rescued and miraculousy were pulled out alive in a make-shift capsule after 59 days stuck miles underground. They appear freshly shaven and showered and wearing their sunday best, all wearing dark sunglasses to protect their eyes from the sudden change in lighting,
all looking healthy and strong, well rested and healthy.

Just another year in the world of the US and World News from this Canadian's perspective. Someone should be recording these events. It would make one heck of a history book 30 or 40 years from now.

regards to all.

O.Steve
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Transparency in the news!

Unread post by simonshack »

Omaxsteve - just to say I thoroughly enjoyed this sweeping 'canvas' of yours - depicting the media madness tainting our lovely world :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mdQ-KZApnw
omaxsteve
Banned

Thanks Simon. Glad you enjoyed it.... Coming from you that means a lot. I have to say that you are largely responsible for the way that I see things especially the "news". Before you opened my eyes I would never have even suspected that ANYTHING on the news was phoney... albeit perhaps filled with bias. Now I find that almost nothing is believable, in fact it seems so obviously phoney that its hard to understand how anyone takes it seriously at all.

I remember when I was young (during the years of the US Russia arms race) I asked my father, what was the difference between "us" and "communists" , and he said that the difference is that in North America we have a free press, if the government does anything wrong or illegal they will be exposed whereas in Russia the Government controlled the newspapers and the only point of view that could be printed was the governments "propaganda".

I guess we learned something from the communists.

regards,

O.Steve
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

omaxsteve wrote:Thanks Simon. Glad you enjoyed it.... Coming from you that means a lot. I have to say that you are largely responsible for the way that I see things especially the "news". Before you opened my eyes I would never have even suspected that ANYTHING on the news was phoney... albeit perhaps filled with bias. Now I find that almost nothing is believable, in fact it seems so obviously phoney that its hard to understand how anyone takes it seriously at all.

I remember when I was young (during the years of the US Russia arms race) I asked my father, what was the difference between "us" and "communists" , and he said that the difference is that in North America we have a free press, if the government does anything wrong or illegal they will be exposed whereas in Russia the Government controlled the newspapers and the only point of view that could be printed was the governments "propaganda".

I guess we learned something from the communists.

regards,

O.Steve
From my point of view, most of the news reports coming from the media aren’t even full blown propaganda pieces. The main difference between how the media reports the news today and how it was reported in Russia is that in Russia the truth was simply concealed from the people and only the government’s propaganda was printed as you point out, but today the truth is buried under a mountain of irrelevance, trivia, entertainment, disinformation. In Soviet Russia, the people were deprived of information, but today we are given so much information that we've been effectively reduced to passive narcissists. We’re obsessed with ourselves and our brains are overloaded with irrelevant data. This is the "Brave New World" that Aldous Huxley knew was coming, he knew it was coming because he was involved in the institutions that were making it happen. The techniques of keeping us under control today are far more effective than any of the techniques used in the Soviet Union or any other totalitarian regime of the past. I would say it’s 99% effective, which is why I’m not expecting the masses to ever wake up from out of the slumber, the mind control techniques are too perfect a science for it to be broken on its own.
omaxsteve
Banned

Great points you make, DC.

Every now and then I am amazed at how much time ant attention the news media gives to some relatively unimportant stories.

Charlie Sheen, Casey Anthony, etc. etc. If I understand your point correctly, they are simply using these "non-stories" to prevent the public from focusing on other issues that are perhaps unfavorable to the powers that be?

I've also noticed more and more lately that the interviewer is constantly prompting the "witness" or guest. Many of the questions are in fact not really questions, and in a courtroom they would be objected to as "leading the witness".

It is interesting to analyze the way "witnesses" are chosen and used. I find I am often asking myself why they have agreed to be interviewed. Do they get compensated , or is it simply to "see themselves" on the television.?

regards,

O.Steve