Making a Report on...

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
daozen

Making a Report on...

Unread post by daozen »

So I recently started looking into these forums and I've noticed there might be many more faked events than I was recently aware of. At first I went into the Madrid and London psyops, and found it relatively easy to connect the dots given the vicsim pics provided.

Apparently Fukushima, Wikileaks and the Arizona shooting are also fakes? I haven't made my mind up about these, but I want to keep digging and find out, like I'm sure many newbies to this forum are.

However reading is not a medium I easily absorb at all, specially when it comes to 38 pages of forum content... my brain prefers visuals, like sept clues and the vicsim report. Now I'm not saying I need to see a 90 min documentary on wikileaks but I would love to have something like the vicsim report on all the other big events that are claimed/proven to be fake on this forum, specially the old ones, where not much new info can be added...

I'm thinking along the lines of making a small vicsim style report, on say wikileaks, sticking to the facts and analysis of the most undeniable evidence, and/or on what we as objective, fact based thinkers agree on. I wouldn't mind making reports, hopefully with the help of others, but it would be great if we can gather the creme of the creme of each event, and cram it into a simple easy-read report.

Whaduyou guys think?
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Making a Report on...

Unread post by simonshack »

daozen wrote: Whaduyou guys think?
I think it's a good idea. I am thinking of opening a dedicated "Cluesforum Overview" section which would feature condensed resumés/recapitulations of the most important media fakery topics dissected in Cluesforum. How we are going to go about this is not clear yet - but I hope to talk soon with my fellow administrators (via Skype conference call, perhaps) to see how to do it.

I'll take upon myself to put together summaries of our principal, mega-research threads, such as the following:

- THE MEMORIAL SCAMS http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=102 and http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=246

- ENDEAVOUR - and the spaced-out NASA efforts http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=935

- OSLO and UTØYA, 7/22 2011 http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1022

In other words, I will be putting together in a dedicated "Cluesforum Overview" section, 'summary prototypes' of our most extensive threads; as I don't pretend to have a full oversight of ALL of the huge amount of material submitted here over the years, I think this process should be open for (established) Cluesforum members' suggestions, and that any proposed amendments / additions to these 'prototypes' of mine be posted in each of the relevant forum threads.
daozen

Unread post by daozen »

...that's great, you are already on it! :lol: Well, let me know if I can be of any use. ;)
anon1911
Banned

Unread post by anon1911 »

Simon, in my view a forums purpose is to provide a medium for communication but not to store any knowledge in it.

i would suggest setting up a wiki to store all the information provided by your research which would only contain of facts and no speculations or opinions.
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

anon1911 wrote:Simon, in my view a forums purpose is to provide a medium for communication but not to store any knowledge in it.

i would suggest setting up a wiki to store all the information provided by your research which would only contain of facts and no speculations or opinions.
I sort of disagree, the major strength of this forum is the amount of knowledge stored on it.

The communication side of things is for members being able to critique, what ever is submitted by the users of this forum.

Also I think it's good to ring fence certain important topics, that users may want to link to other forums or mediums. This being a good example. http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p2363482

The pertinent posts then don't get lost amongst unnecessary posts, when trying to find a particular post.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

I'm with Antipodean, I also don't think this research should be put on a different site, for a number of reasons, including creating more work for the Admins, making it harder for someone to follow each day's new posts, harder for a new person to easily access and assimilate all the research, diluting the strength of this site as a single clearinghouse of media fakery, etc.

I think we should continue with the format exactly as is, since each topic has its own thread/threads.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

anon1911, nothing stops you from making the wiki yourself -- you're free to take from this forum all the facts you want, crediting their source, and put them on a reference website ran by you.

Anyway, as we see happening with wikipedia, wiki websites have often only the appearance of no-nonsense collections of facts. Wikis can alter the sources in a way that is much more subtle and less visible than on a forum. Simple choices in the use of language or priority can compromise or transform the "facts" in a myriad of ways -- while (and here's the most negative part, in my opinion) the website always holds the misleading appearance of encyclopedia, that no one can easily comment on, argument against, prove wrong.

All in all it seems to me a much inferior, and more dangerous instrument compared to a forum, where the "facts" can always be questioned and interpreted differently by any willing reader who decides to turn himself or herself into a commentator and contributor.
burningame

Unread post by burningame »

simonshack wrote:

In other words, I will be putting together in a dedicated "Cluesforum Overview" section, 'summary prototypes' of our most extensive threads
Dear Simon and admins:

I think pruning, or may I say, ‘housecleaning’ is a very good idea. On any halfway decent forum, let alone this one! We don’t want this forum to be like a homeopathic remedy – continually diluted to the point of redundancy. On the contrary, this should be a place that’s prone to random new ‘reimaginings’ from time to time. I have immense trust in the contributors here to do whatever they feel is the right representation of the site at any given time. There IS a balance between, free (‘Youtube-style’?) communication and preventing the message from becoming distorted or any less succinct than it should be, and that may be one of the chief concerns of the admins.

The actual shape or form of the forum can change. We saw it with the recent new look and thread reorganization. As CluesForum is always a work in progress, and if right-thinking brains continue to be at the helm, then I say it is vital to keep re-iterating the message. Say it in a more succinct way, with the new knowledge that’s come since last voiced. The message is alive, and can and should be voiced anew.
daozen

Unread post by daozen »

The forum's fine imo but some summaries would be nice as I'm currently going through the Japan earthquakes forum and I'm heavily skimming. On say a Fukushima summary, I imagine a compilation of the compare and contrast frames from vids where funny stuff happens and links to the very probably cgi vids, like the black water one, with a short analysis of each, just to know what we're supposed to look at.