The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby Maat on June 27th, 2012, 1:04 am

lux wrote:Evidently you regard the psychological "sciences" and "authorities" to be a trustworthy source of information while I regard them as being as bogus as NASA if not more so. Therefore I doubt we will agree on any related topics. These are my opinions.

"Evidently"? That's actually funny :P since I've spelled out the contrary unequivocally many times on this forum. So it is personal from misdirected prejudice, as I thought, and explains the misreading and animosity.

So, I'll say again, establishment "authorities" in any "sciences" are the last people I would ever regard as remotely "trustworthy"! In fact, it's because of my own interest, private study, direct observation and personal experience of psychology, Nosce te Ipsum, for 30 years (self-educated!) that I learned just how badly screwed up the mainstream medical dogma is and therefore how to tell the difference. The dissenters and out-of-the-box thinkers in those fields are a rare and 'endangered species', but not extinct.

You're free to believe and assume whatever you wish about me, but you really can't know or understand me (or anyone else) if you don't want to. ;)

Anyway, I'm afraid I can't see any relative comparison between something everyone has the natural, in-born ability to find and experience/prove for himself by choice and lies told by a controlled 'community' like NASA about alleged technology we cannot physically see or personally test ourselves.

lux wrote:It is also my opinion that subliminal messages as well as covert occult symbology are used in corporate logos, advertising and the media in general. I can't comment on their effectiveness but I have seen a great deal of evidence that they are used. Even if they have little or no effect on the public it does not change my opinion that they are used which causes me to strongly suspect that they are believed to have some effect by those who use them.

I certainly appreciate your last sentence and can agree with it :D

Truce? B)
Maat
Moderator
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: September 9th, 2010, 2:14 am

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby simonshack on June 27th, 2012, 1:14 am

Maat wrote:Truce? B)


Yaay! That would be swell! :)

Lux?
simonshack
Administrator
 
Posts: 6511
Joined: October 18th, 2009, 9:09 pm
Location: italy

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby lux on June 27th, 2012, 3:11 am

For there to be a truce there must be have been a war which was not the case as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have any animosity toward Maat, if that's what you mean. I am simply in the habit of debating aggressively. :)

In other words: I am OK and Maat is OK and I'm also OK on a friendly end to that discussion.

Drinks are on me. :D
lux
Member
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: October 1st, 2011, 11:46 pm

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby diagonal2 on June 27th, 2012, 7:19 am

I doubt this logo is going to send the world into complete enslavement, there has to be other things we could be discussing right now. :rolleyes:
diagonal2
Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: June 22nd, 2012, 5:46 pm

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby whatsgoingon on June 27th, 2012, 6:36 pm

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on May 24th, 2013, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(
 
Posts: 577
Joined: October 13th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby Maat on July 1st, 2012, 8:31 am

whatsgoingon wrote:And IBM just by mere accident choose to subdivide the bar code UPC symbol with the code for 6 placed 3 times in the symbol on the bottom of every product by chance. Perhaps this is true.

Actually, I just discovered that the original source of that story was a Christian fundamentalist author in 1981:
Topic: "666" encoded in UPC barcode origin

Barbara R.
posted 06 December, 2003 03:37 PM

The idea that 666 is encoded in the Universal Product Code barcode that appears on virtually every product one buys nowadays originated with one Mary Stewart Relfe, an Alabama widow and real estate dealer in the early 1980s.

Her first book, When Your Money Fails: The 666 System Is Here, published in 1981 presented strange "proof" that the "666 system" is in the economy by showing a photo of a tile manufactured by Armstrong Flooring Co. which contained style number 66613. Relfe seemed to think that just because three sixes were part of the five-digit style number that this was a sign of the "Antichrist" system in our economy!

Relfe's method of trying to figure out how "666" fits into the UPC barcode involves a lot of strange logic. Apparently it's a product of her own imagination.

I don't know if she still writes about prophecy. I haven't heard anything about her in several years.

More 'fun facts' here :lol:: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mary_Stewart_Relfe

And on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/When-Money-Fails- ... 0960798609
Maat
Moderator
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: September 9th, 2010, 2:14 am

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby Terence.drew on July 1st, 2012, 9:52 pm

Maat wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:And IBM just by mere accident choose to subdivide the bar code UPC symbol with the code for 6 placed 3 times in the symbol on the bottom of every product by chance. Perhaps this is true.

Actually, I just discovered that the original source of that story was a Christian fundamentalist author in 1981:
Topic: "666" encoded in UPC barcode origin

Barbara R.
posted 06 December, 2003 03:37 PM

The idea that 666 is encoded in the Universal Product Code barcode that appears on virtually every product one buys nowadays originated with one Mary Stewart Relfe, an Alabama widow and real estate dealer in the early 1980s.

Her first book, When Your Money Fails: The 666 System Is Here, published in 1981 presented strange "proof" that the "666 system" is in the economy by showing a photo of a tile manufactured by Armstrong Flooring Co. which contained style number 66613. Relfe seemed to think that just because three sixes were part of the five-digit style number that this was a sign of the "Antichrist" system in our economy!

Relfe's method of trying to figure out how "666" fits into the UPC barcode involves a lot of strange logic. Apparently it's a product of her own imagination.

I don't know if she still writes about prophecy. I haven't heard anything about her in several years.

More 'fun facts' here :lol:: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mary_Stewart_Relfe

And on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/When-Money-Fails- ... 0960798609





Thanks Maat. I think your work and effort on this site are fantastic. Your posts here have been useful in illuminating the very controversial nature and level of fuzziness surrounding these issues.

"Actually, I just discovered that the original source of that story was a Christian fundamentalist author in 1981:"

You use ad hominem - Christian fundamentalist is in italics... so, everything from that direction must be wrong?

I mean you claim this stuff comes from the authors imagination, and yet the person responsible for the UPC barcode design himself admits that the Barcode system contains 666 on it, but he claims, it is simply a coincidence...

I will quote him from his own website...

Section 6 Question #1 - Rumor has it that the lines (left, middle, and right) that protrude below the U.P.C. code are the numbers 6,6,6... and that this is the international money code. I typed a code with all sixes and this seems to be true. At least they all resemble sixes. What's up with that? 11/11/98

Answer- Yes, they do RESEMBLE the code for a six. An even parity 6 is:

1 module wide black bar
1 module wide white space
1 module wide black bar
4 module wide white space

There is nothing sinister about this nor does it have anything to do with the Bible's "mark of the beast" (The New Testament, The Revelation, Chapter 13, paragraph 18). It is simply a coincidence like the fact that my first, middle, and last name all have 6 letters. There is no connection with an international money code either.

For more hogwash about 666 implications of the U.P.C., government form numbers, other publications, codes and the like, see Mary Sterwart Relfe's book "The New Money System". Such hype about the U.P.C. has been around since 1973.


http://www.laurerupc.com/

The bible references 666 on the forehead and right hand. Clearly this is not the case here anyway.

See what I mean by fuzziness and confusion?
Terence.drew
Member
 
Posts: 248
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 2:55 pm

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby Maat on July 1st, 2012, 11:41 pm

Terence.drew wrote:Thanks Maat. I think your work and effort on this site are fantastic. Your posts here have been useful in illuminating the very controversial nature and level of fuzziness surrounding these issues.

"Actually, I just discovered that the original source of that story was a Christian fundamentalist author in 1981:"

You use ad hominem - Christian fundamentalist is in italics... so, everything from that direction must be wrong?

What is "ad hominem" about noting what Christian fundamentalists actually call themselves? It is significant in this context because it identifies those who interpret everything symbolic and mystical in the Bible as literal — including a mistranslation/transcription of what was 616 ;)

Even Wiki's page on George J Laurer uses that description:
"Some people see the three sets of guard bars as encoding the number 666, which some fundamentalist Christians see as a sign of evil."

Terence-drew wrote:I mean you claim this stuff comes from the authors imagination, and yet the person responsible for the UPC barcode design himself admits that the Barcode system contains 666 on it, but he claims, it is simply a coincidence...

No, I actually quoted another person's commentary on Relfe's misinformed reasoning who had read the book (see the same person's review on Amazon). i.e. to put the source material in context as well as the origin of its widespread popularization from 1981 on in a book published to appeal to Christians.

Hope that helps clear up any fuzziness and confusion :)
Maat
Moderator
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: September 9th, 2010, 2:14 am

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby Terence.drew on July 2nd, 2012, 1:42 am

Maat wrote:
Terence.drew wrote:Thanks Maat. I think your work and effort on this site are fantastic. Your posts here have been useful in illuminating the very controversial nature and level of fuzziness surrounding these issues.

"Actually, I just discovered that the original source of that story was a Christian fundamentalist author in 1981:"

You use ad hominem - Christian fundamentalist is in italics... so, everything from that direction must be wrong?

What is "ad hominem" about noting what Christian fundamentalists actually call themselves? It is significant in this context because it identifies those who interpret everything symbolic and mystical in the Bible as literal — including a mistranslation/transcription of what was 616 ;)

Even Wiki's page on George J Laurer uses that description:
"Some people see the three sets of guard bars as encoding the number 666, which some fundamentalist Christians see as a sign of evil."

Terence-drew wrote:I mean you claim this stuff comes from the authors imagination, and yet the person responsible for the UPC barcode design himself admits that the Barcode system contains 666 on it, but he claims, it is simply a coincidence...

No, I actually quoted another person's commentary on Relfe's misinformed reasoning who had read the book (see the same person's review on Amazon). i.e. to put the source material in context as well as the origin of its widespread popularization from 1981 on in a book published to appeal to Christians.

Hope that helps clear up any fuzziness and confusion :)


It doesn't actually clear up any of the fuzziness and confusion Maat for the following reasons:

1. Your response to my post ignores the main point of my post. The man responsible for the UPC barcode George Joseph Laurer states that 666 is contained in the barcode. I will say it again. The man responsible for the UPC barcode George Joseph Laurer states that 666 is contained in the barcode. What it means if anything is another matter.

You introduced stuff about Christian fundos not I. I do not care for what they think.

These people are the contents of your man-bag.

2. You willy nilly claim 666 and all it may stand for is actually 616. You do not support this with any evidence or links (which really messes up everything considering the fuzziness and confusion already existing about this number) yet you expect others on this site to do so. Is this something you have picked up on the internet? Please explain fully or don't expect others to.

Please do not try to fudge these issues. 1. Does G Laurer state that 666 is contained within the barcode ( the meaning of this in another issue) 2. Please clarify with supporting evidence your (or others!!!!) claims regarding 616.

Mr T
Terence.drew
Member
 
Posts: 248
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 2:55 pm

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby Maat on July 2nd, 2012, 4:51 am

Terence.drew wrote:It doesn't actually clear up any of the fuzziness and confusion Maat for the following reasons:

1. Your response to my post ignores the main point of my post. The man responsible for the UPC barcode George Joseph Laurer states that 666 is contained in the barcode. I will say it again. The man responsible for the UPC barcode George Joseph Laurer states that 666 is contained in the barcode. What it means if anything is another matter.

Sorry, Terence, but that's not quite what he said, as I read it. Although my point was how the myth got going, I thought Mr Laurer made it perfectly clear in the quote you posted, i.e. "Yes, they do RESEMBLE the code for a six.", also (on his heading) "It is simply a coincidence."

Unfortunately, because his site pages don't have specific links, you have to click on: "Have a question? (Also Q&A or FAQ's)" @ http://www.laurerupc.com/ then -> Section 6

As he also says on the same page:
No bars are there for esthetic purposes, to do so would defeat the goal of making the tolerances as great as possible and the area as small as possible.
Each character is a fixed length, 7 modules and composed of two spaces and two bars. Form the outer ends toward the center, the character starts with a space and therefore a single bar is required to "close" the character. The other bar is used to allow the level setting (gain) circuitry to adjust to the contrast of the particular symbol. The center pattern is narrow space, narrow bar, narrow space, narrow bar. This pattern is 4 modules wide and distinguishes it from the a 7 module character thus giving direction and end information to the logic.
The assignment of digits to specific patterns was arbitrary.

Please also see Section 3.

[backpage to Q&A and click -> Section 3 "Technical question about the U.P.C. symbol structure"]

Terence-drew wrote:You introduced stuff about Christian fundos not I. I do not care for what they think.

These people are the contents of your man-bag [?].

Since the source and motive for any widely propagated ideas/theories etc. need to be examined in order to determine their accuracy and credibility it must surely be considered relevant in that evaluation, no?

Terence-drew wrote: 2. You willy nilly claim 666 and all it may stand for is actually 616. You do not support this with any evidence or links (which really messes up everything considering the fuzziness and confusion already existing about this number) yet you expect others on this site to do so. Is this something you have picked up on the internet? Please explain fully or don't expect others to.

Apart from the fact that Bibles (RSV in particular) have had a footnote on the Rev chapter 13:18 number reference for as long as I remember stating :“Other ancient authorities read six hundred and sixteen (616)" (and without going into historical/political details of why it was only noted as an alternate) it was further confirmed by an ancient manuscript undeciphered till the end of the 20 century: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papyrus_115

Various news sites reported it in 2005:
Image
@ http://www.wnd.com/2005/05/30211/
"Fragment from Book of Revelation mentions 616 in the third line – chi, iota, sigma (courtesy Egypt Exploration Society)"
While many Bibles have footnotes saying the number translated from the original Greek could be 616, experts say new photographic evidence of an ancient fragment of papyrus from Revelation indeed indicates the number is indeed 616, instead of 666.

Scholars in England have been using modern technology to scour some 400,000 bits of papyri which were originally discovered in 1895 at a dump outside the ancient Egyptian city of Oxyrhynchus....

Also at: http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134/b ... ued-to-616

Further ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Ephraemi_Rescriptus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_beast#616
Maat
Moderator
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: September 9th, 2010, 2:14 am

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby whatsgoingon on July 2nd, 2012, 6:13 am

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on May 24th, 2013, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(
 
Posts: 577
Joined: October 13th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby Maat on July 2nd, 2012, 8:53 am

whatsgoingon wrote:
Maat wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:And IBM just by mere accident choose to subdivide the bar code UPC symbol with the code for 6 placed 3 times in the symbol on the bottom of every product by chance. Perhaps this is true.

Actually, I just discovered that the original source of that story was a Christian fundamentalist author in 1981:
Topic: "666" encoded in UPC barcode origin

Barbara R.
posted 06 December, 2003 03:37 PM

The idea that 666 is encoded in the Universal Product Code barcode that appears on virtually every product one buys nowadays originated with one Mary Stewart Relfe, an Alabama widow and real estate dealer in the early 1980s.

Her first book, When Your Money Fails: The 666 System Is Here, published in 1981 presented strange "proof" that the "666 system" is in the economy by showing a photo of a tile manufactured by Armstrong Flooring Co. which contained style number 66613. Relfe seemed to think that just because three sixes were part of the five-digit style number that this was a sign of the "Antichrist" system in our economy!

Relfe's method of trying to figure out how "666" fits into the UPC barcode involves a lot of strange logic. Apparently it's a product of her own imagination.

I don't know if she still writes about prophecy. I haven't heard anything about her in several years.

More 'fun facts' here :lol:: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mary_Stewart_Relfe

And on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/When-Money-Fails- ... 0960798609

Sorry Maat I do not follow your reasoning. If you look into the IBM UPC code, which is easy to do and you can decode them by hand, then you will see it is embedded in plain sight in every single UPC.

Here is all you need to know. There are two sections and three dividers in the UPC symbol. The left side and right side are inverse images of each other, where the black and white parts are inverted. This was a way to verify the scan of the barcode. There are double bars starting the code and ending a code and one double bar between the inverted images. The double bar is 6.

See it is not a conspiracy. It really is a "6" repeated 3x. But you see the "6" is not coding. The 6 is a separator. Of course, the engineer that invented the code at IBM is on the record saying, "Yes, that is right those are the codes for 6." He says it was unintentional.

So there you are another unintended symbol. :lol:

Yep :D Funny thing is I wasn't much interested in whether any particular numbers did appear/recur or resemble whatever in the bar codes, it really makes no difference. Sorry if I wasn't explicit enough in what I was trying to highlight, i.e. as an example of how half-baked conspiracy nonsense based on fallacies, superstition and half-truths like Relfe's become accepted as fact through propagation and repetition — apparently to the point that George Laurer got so harassed on the subject in emails (which he normally welcomes) that he felt it necessary to put this on his Q&A page:

Image
"For more hogwash about 666 implications of the U.P.C., government form numbers, other publications, codes and the like, see Mary Stewart Relfe's book "The New Money System". Such hype about the U.P.C. has been around since 1973."
[same time the Bankcard bbb myth began, as I mentioned earlier]

And re unintended symbols, how come Easter lilies have six petals and Okra is pentagon shaped? :P

Image
Image
Maat
Moderator
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: September 9th, 2010, 2:14 am

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby whatsgoingon on July 2nd, 2012, 4:23 pm

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on May 24th, 2013, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(
 
Posts: 577
Joined: October 13th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby hoi.polloi on July 3rd, 2012, 7:39 pm

I agree with brianv - the evolution of the television language is to acclimate viewers to it - seduce viewership - by modern means.

It may seem increasingly abusive to us. On the other hand, all communication can be read like a Rorschach, so to the younger generation it might be a comforting pace of things.

I think the blatant symbols are less effective at shifting culture than all the subtle instinctual things going on - the rate of speech, the colors, the movement design, all the hypnotizing things that simulate a fireside chat with old grampa on a subconscious instinctual level.

Optimistic Idea: Someone thought it was expressive to flash a logo, and now TV is flashing more. It's just an expression. A style. Nothing sinister about that. Despite the mind-stretching imagery of television, it seems to do just as much harm as it does good.

Pessimistic idea: The problem is that so many people look at the TV the way they look at a human being. Our brains are not trained to listen for language from non-humans, but that is exactly what television is. A frankenstein monster of images and sounds, a non-human created by humans. A kind of chaotic glowing robot face telling stories. They may have calculated, through studies, just what to do to whip up a certain "mood" in the general populace and learned to do so on a daily level to illicit responses to news. Prime, surprise, repeat.

Nickelodeon nailed what TV is about with their character "face" during the young programming sections.


full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaXIL8QMDzU

"Face" moves slowly and deliberately, almost alerting children to what it's about to do before it does it, which is not as kind as television normally is. Because TV is a one-way medium, it cannot bother to sit and wait for you to "catch up". Each program has various ways of simulating and guessing viewer response. No doubt with fake terror events we are not meant to ever "catch up" which is why the reports always feel lacking, vague, imbalanced and artificial - and why they so easily scrape people off into the land of "don't worry, Homeland Security will handle it from here".

Numerous studies were done about television in universities across America and Europe regarding viewer responses to its stimuli. Most likely, the news is crafted very deliberately from these discoveries - on at least as a deep and unconscious level as it was constructed for the Apollo and 9/11 hoaxes.

If it doesn't quite fit an evil agenda, such as a public television show about antiques, it is still told in the style of the evil agenda - the general style of dominant television language - in order to prop up the culture of television and hold one's gaze. This is why public access TV is so strange and raw. It doesn't really bombard you with enticing details. On the other hand, it would be much easier to fake. Fake television news is much easier to fake than already fake Hollywood. If that makes sense. The language of Hollywood is more sophisticated. It seems maybe it would be easier for Hollywood to fake the news than the other way around.

Which is why we point our fingers at obvious connections to Hollywood like Steve Buscemi, the DeVito family, etc.

brianv is right when he says the point of getting people into TV is to get them into TV.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 4987
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Postby whatsgoingon on July 3rd, 2012, 9:25 pm

aa
Last edited by whatsgoingon on May 24th, 2013, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(
 
Posts: 577
Joined: October 13th, 2011, 8:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to THE LIVING ROOM

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests