Are Movies Unwatchable?

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
fbenario

Are Movies Unwatchable?

Unread post by fbenario »

I'm aware this is only tangentially related to this thread, but I was wondering if anyone else has developed a severe dislike/distrust for ALL movies. Ever since learning the truth about 9/11 media fakery, I find acting so distasteful I can't watch it anymore, since by definition it involves simulating reality. Right now I think all actors, and everyone else involved in tv/movies, are liars - and I despise lying with everything in me.

Anyone else find movies unwatchable now?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

At least they are telling you they are lying to you in clear language. These are actors. This is a play. Here is the director. Here are the people who gave the movie money. etc.

Not so for the Naudets, whose crime is obviously far beyond the inability to communicate that they are lying. They do not live in consensus reality, and their paranoid delusion is that if they pretend hard enough, their criminal behavior is good and justified.

"He knew I was swinging that knife on a subconscious level, so when I stabbed him he was giving me consent subconsciously." is not an excuse that is likely to stand up in court, but that seems to be the general attitude of the pack of loonies in charge of our government right now. I get the feeling most of the people involved in 9/11 need serious medical examinations of their brains.

Lies can communicate truth more effectively than honesty, when you are being honest with your audience about context. You can call anything art, but good art actually communicates intent. Bush being a terrorist and saying he wants to kill the terrorists is not ironic art. It's just being a criminal.

If you ask me, and nobody did but it's on the subject, L.A. has a visible narcotic effect on its inhabitants. I don't know if there is something in the water or air or what is going on, but most actors there seem to generally feel they are making a difference by reading a script and playing make-believe to make enormous profits and own multiple homes. I suggest looking for good art instead of the billion dollar schlock fed us by the obvious channels.

Your music reviews on Facebook, if you are Fred Benario there, indicate you are a person of distinguishing taste. Musicians lie all the time, but you don't get mad at them, do you?

It's about responsibly filling your role instead of pretending to care while - deep down - you don't. If you are an actor or director that cares about the message, you might not get the financial support of the producers who make most billion dollar flicks. It must be rough to be a movie director or actor, because people only respond when you pretend to care and ignore you when you actually care about something.
godzilla

Unread post by godzilla »

fbenario @ Mar 5 2010, 06:40 PM wrote: I'm aware this is only tangentially related to this thread, but I was wondering if anyone else has developed a severe dislike/distrust for ALL movies. Ever since learning the truth about 9/11 media fakery, I find acting so distasteful I can't watch it anymore, since by definition it involves simulating reality. Right now I think all actors, and everyone else involved in tv/movies, are liars - and I despise lying with everything in me.

Anyone else find movies unwatchable now?
I already found it difficult to be entertained by Hollywood movies. And now that I see more clearly how Hollywood is an arm of TPTB, with the agenda of keeping us mesmerized, and participating in moulding our emotions and our opinions, I have very little interest in watching multimillionaires dance about on the big screen.
"It's not a matter of what is true that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true." - Henry Kissinger
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

hoi.polloi @ Mar 6 2010, 11:01 AM wrote: Musicians lie all the time, but you don't get mad at them, do you?

Blimey, Hoi boy ! - :blink: :o

Well you damn well asked for it ! :P - I'm plugging this song of mine

STRANGE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jhz48tORMQ&fmt=18
(lyrics dedicated to liars and sold-out scientists) B)
http://www.septemberclues.org
hikerbiker

Unread post by hikerbiker »

In Spectator events, the more stupid it is, the more popular it is.

First US pro-football.
MIddle Movies
Last Opera/Ballet

Compare this with the inverse rule of human reasoning (or lack of):

In the 9/11 truth movement the more sense it makes, the fewer people believe it.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

The Robert De Niro 'unofficial' website ... :(

http://www.robertdeniro.com/

ImageImage
http://www.septemberclues.org
hikerbiker

Unread post by hikerbiker »

sunshine - no offense, there are no rights or wrongs on subjective matters, only preferences, biases.

I don't have a TV. Just a choice. But I was a boy in the Great Depression (was not so bad) and had time to get used to not having one, perhaps. We could only groove on the prairie sunset. Sure was peaceful. Probably was more in sync with the human sole than today's tech stuff. You think?
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I have boycotted all forms of media since "9/11", TV, cinema, newspapers, magazines. Now I know why!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMdw24f0XmA
timothymurphy

Unread post by timothymurphy »

fbenario @ Mar 6 2010, 02:40 AM wrote: Anyone else find movies unwatchable now?
Yes.
But not just cos of learning about media fakery but because of learning about mind control and MK Ultra and all that...

For instance the trailers for the new Alice in Wonderland movie are absolutely repulsive to me - the colours, the look in Johnny Depp's eyes. I can't see myself going to the cinema while that's around.

At least they are telling you they are lying to you in clear language. These are actors. This is a play. Here is the director. Here are the people who gave the movie money. etc.

That's true up to a point. What if the actors continue acting when the movie stops?

What if the documentary "the making of" the movie is just as contrived as the movie itself?

WHat if their performances on the chat shows and in the magazines are actually the real performances , the movie itself being no more important.

What about mockumentaries, reconstructions, video news releases (VNRs) etc.

I agree with fbenario that all TV people are not to be trusted, unfortunately.

Though sometimes I do have a chuckle at a comedy and pretend I'm not noticing the bullshit...
:)
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

hoi.polloi 4 Mar 6 2010, 06:01 AM wrote: At least they are telling you they are lying to you in clear language. These are actors. This is a play. Here is the director. Here are the people who gave the movie money. etc.

Not so for the Naudets, whose crime is obviously far beyond the inability to communicate that they are lying. They do not live in consensus reality, and their paranoid delusion is that if they pretend hard enough, their criminal behavior is good and justified.

"He knew I was swinging that knife on a subconscious level, so when I stabbed him he was giving me consent subconsciously." is not an excuse that is likely to stand up in court, but that seems to be the general attitude of the pack of loonies in charge of our government right now. I get the feeling most of the people involved in 9/11 need serious medical examinations of their brains.

Lies can communicate truth more effectively than honesty, when you are being honest with your audience about context. You can call anything art, but good art actually communicates intent. Bush being a terrorist and saying he wants to kill the terrorists is not ironic art. It's just being a criminal.

If you ask me, and nobody did but it's on the subject, L.A. has a visible narcotic effect on its inhabitants. I don't know if there is something in the water or air or what is going on, but most actors there seem to generally feel they are making a difference by reading a script and playing make-believe to make enormous profits and own multiple homes. I suggest looking for good art instead of the billion dollar schlock fed us by the obvious channels.

Your music reviews on Facebook, if you are Fred Benario there, indicate you are a person of distinguishing taste. Musicians lie all the time, but you don't get mad at them, do you?

It's about responsibly filling your role instead of pretending to care while - deep down - you don't. If you are an actor or director that cares about the message, you might not get the financial support of the producers who make most billion dollar flicks. It must be rough to be a movie director or actor, because people only respond when you pretend to care and ignore you when you actually care about something.
Hoi, this is one of your best posts yet!

I am indeed the Fred Benario on Facebook (actually, I'm the only Fred Benario on the entire planet - a very rare last name, numbering only in the couple of dozen worldwide), and music is in fact my other main interest. Take a look at my music blog if you like (I've actually been interviewed twice in Paste, one of the leading music magazines, about my annual list):

http://fbenario.wordpress.com/

"They do not live in consensus reality, and their paranoid delusion is that if they pretend hard enough, their criminal behavior is good and justified."

This is a GREAT sentence.

"I get the feeling most of the people involved in 9/11 need serious medical examinations of their brains."

The reason I don't believe the truth about media fakery and 9/11 will ever be commonly accepted is because it would cause a national mental breakdown, and probably a complete breakdown of civil society, and most folks have too many defenses up to permit the truth to affect them in any meaningful way - or even to see it clearly, and understand it.

"Musicians lie all the time, but you don't get mad at them, do you?"

How is the sound of a guitar a lie? How is a set of banal, ultimately meaningless, lyrics a lie? I would better equate it to bad poetry, not purposeful lying.

"It must be rough to be a movie director or actor, because people only respond when you pretend to care and ignore you when you actually care about something."

Incredibly incisive, and well-put.
Uranus

Unread post by Uranus »

Interesting discussion.

Now imagine that we are in a kind of simulation ("Matrix", "13th floor", etc.),
then everything is a movie, just on different levels of consciousness (or rather unconsc..)

Even within a movie like the "Matrix" you have several parallel dimensions:
1) Nice action film with Love and Fear and Hate and Fight very nicely filmed
2) The story that people are manipulated
3) The questioning of "reality is what you perceive or believe"

The ultimate question - impossible to find out within the matrix - is, "what is the matrix"
and on which level of awakening (red pill) will I be out of illusion and in the "real world".

The most plausible assumption is: there is no real world, we are in a multidimensional,
multi-levelled game of co-created illusions, which never can be proven wrong or right.

So lets play as good as we can and try to get the most fun out of it, until game-over.
And after throwing in some other coins the game will restart ...
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

The most plausible assumption is: there is no real world, we are in a multidimensional,
multi-levelled game of co-created illusions, which never can be proven wrong or right.

Actually, the scientific method holds up fairly well - moral choices or determination from those results aside.

Science (and spiritual pursuits, more often than not) is about determining consensus reality.

If one doesn't have an interest in the "illusory" reality of their surroundings, one might find one's self falling off a cliff or in prison because they disrespected those around them.

Life is not a movie; it is life, greater than anything humans can imagine or create.

That is where I tire of television and movies - when the arrogance of those who created those stories (and who endorse them as being "about life") matches the arrogance of 9/11 and 7/7 - when it's too apparent the creators consider themselves some kind of authority that allows them to extremely disrespect their fellow man out of willful ignorance. This is what our culture has wrought in "entertainment" - indulging every excuse people can come up with to be a disrespectful, immoral person unworthy of life's gifts. "Ha ha how amusing! It doesn't matter if we destroy America and sell war machines that enable the deaths of hundreds of thousands of children, because it's all an illusory game. Weee!"

I don't need such an attitude to be 'proven' wrong. Do you?
Uranus

Unread post by Uranus »

My phrase "wrong or right" was not meant in a moral sense,
it was rather meant that there is no "truth" that anybody can own
and use against others. Like "the christian god is the real one and allah is false", etc.

For me the imperative apply: Treat everyone like you want to be treated.
This because I believe that no goal excuse the means you need to achieve it.
Otherwise you are in the middle of "War is Peace" and you get the Noble-Peace-Price.
There is absolutely no justification to do harm to any other living being,
no matter what colour or believe system, same apply for the environment we live in.

Probably I could express myself much better in German, I hate being misunderstood.

The reason of my post was to become aware, that on a higher level we might be part
of a greater "game" which we do not recognize, but believe we are free to write what we want.

Never mind, just a matter of philosophy, not worth debating about.