Victim of Violence or a Non-violent crime?

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
CTGal1011

Victim of Violence or a Non-violent crime?

Unread post by CTGal1011 »

Our house was robbed in December.

My parents were targeted yesterday. Someone must have watch them leave (they were going to bottle wine...lushes they are!), backed up their pick-up and took a pry bar and mini battering ram to their door. Ripped it and the frame right out. Then went on a gleeful theft spree. Including my sports medals from childhood that were in a shadowbox.
About $7000 worth of stuff.

My Mom and Dad criticized me for my "lackadaisical" security measures (a bit of blaming the victims as well). Guess who had all of their valuables in their room, top drawer too?

The point is, I should be able to put my crap wherever I want! It is my damn house! When we blame ourselves, we forget that we were violated.

I hate people today. I wish there were a sim around for me to maim.

Anyone else been a victim? I don't want martial law. But I do want people to stop stealing my stuff!
brianv

Re: Victim of Violence or a Non-violent crime?

Unread post by brianv »

CTGal1011 wrote:Our house was robbed in December.

My parents were targeted yesterday. Someone must have watch them leave (they were going to bottle wine...lushes they are!), backed up their pick-up and took a pry bar and mini battering ram to their door. Ripped it and the frame right out. Then went on a gleeful theft spree. Including my sports medals from childhood that were in a shadowbox.
About $7000 worth of stuff.

My Mom and Dad criticized me for my "lackadaisical" security measures (a bit of blaming the victims as well). Guess who had all of their valuables in their room, top drawer too?

The point is, I should be able to put my crap wherever I want! It is my damn house! When we blame ourselves, we forget that we were violated.

I hate people today. I wish there were a sim around for me to maim.

Anyone else been a victim? I don't want martial law. But I do want people to stop stealing my stuff!
Please don't be a victim - another label. You lost some stuff that's all. The so-called "mainstream media" is the Victim Creation Industry by another name, I don't think we should entertain that here!
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

CTGal1011 wrote:
What did your local police and your insurance company have to say about this incident? Was the door locked? :rolleyes:
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I'm going to rule this thread too personal and intelligencia-feel, like some kind of data mining sympathy ploy. Information gathering makes sense here, but not attached to emotionally manipulative justifications. If you are seeking comfort, it is in the wrong place. If you are legit, apologies. Thread locked.