The Age of Media Fakery: Art Corner

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
fakeologist

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Art Corner

Unread post by fakeologist »

I'd like the cartoon better if the first word was spelled correctly.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unbelievable

Who is the cartoonist?
CitronBleu

Unread post by CitronBleu »

abirato wrote:I'd like the cartoon better if the first word was spelled correctly.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unbelievable

Who is the cartoonist?
Hi Abirato,

Thank you for pointing out my spelling error. I should have proof read all my text before I submitted the image.

IMAGE REMOVED PENDING APPROVAL : brianv

The cartoonist's pen name is Konk.
CitronBleu

Unread post by CitronBleu »

Ditto
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Hi CB,

I like the cartoons you are posting, but why are they signed in the name of the forum? If at all, shouldn´t they be signed "Konk/CitronBleu", or something to that effect?
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

I don´t want to open up an entire discussion in this thread, but I thought I´d just add: The investigations of this forum have shown that the 9/11 memorials are full of fictitious entities, so that we can safely affirm that they are a fabrication. The leap to the affirmation that "no one died on September 11, 2001" may seem obvious, and it is probably not far from the truth, but it is an altogether different sort of claim in that it is both absolute and unprovable. Signing it with "cluesforum.info" makes it sound like a party line or doctrine.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Yes, I agree dear Flabbergasted. I will kindly ask Citronbleu to first submit any other cartoons / slogans for approval. Thanks.

I have taken the liberty to remove "cluesforum.info" from Citronbleu's "NO ONE DIED ON SEPTEMBER 11 2001" manifesto - as I don't think such 'rallying cries' are an effective way of diffusing our research to the general public.
Cobra Commander

Unread post by Cobra Commander »

Boston Bombing Pressure Cooker Infommercial
Cobra Commander

I'm going to start working on working on my own comical drawings and photoshopped photos, cause I always had a knack for making cracks through photos.

I'd also like to make somevideos mixed with some instrumental hip hop beats I've produced. Anybody have a suggestion for an inexpensive video audio program to make videos of fakery. Some people engaged won't watch a documentary. You have to give them everything fast. They're food, they're travel, they're lines, etc... they're info also. If you can get them the info quick and get them question everything, more people could possibly wake up.

I'm also going to try to work on an album. I have a few songs in mind. Pressure Cooker, One Giant Leap, etc... Album UBS called As Seen On TV of course
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

Cobra Commander wrote:They're food, they're travel, they're lines, etc... they're info also.
What's wrong with this statement?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I am not sure I "get" your art as it is. Pressure cooker bomb? Is this funny? Is that not what the media presents? You might fit on Saturday Night Live where the news is taken for face value, but not here. You might want to work on your logic if you are going to be writing humor to promote understanding/appreciation of fakery in people.

Maybe you should work on your spelling and stuff, too, if you want to — you know — make any sense.
Cobra Commander

That wasn't really my art. It was the first things that went through my mind as the Boston bombing events unfolded, and this is before I knew anything about fakery. I had seen pressure cookery as seen on tv infommercials before, and it started ringing in my mind. Everything else will be all original.

As for my spelling, I'm using a first generation smart phone that isn't autospelling correctly and won't let me go back and fix each message. If it makes an error, I'm screwed on correcting it until I get home to my laptop and iPhone.
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

Cobra Commander wrote:As for my spelling, I'm using a first generation smart phone that isn't autospelling correctly and won't let me go back and fix each message. If it makes an error, I'm screwed on correcting it until I get home to my laptop and iPhone.
You're not seriously blaming your phone for the quadruple spelling error that I pointed out, are you? If you can do your posts from a machine that's more comfortable to use, then wait until you can do them from that machine, so that you can do them correctly (and make sense). There's no need to rush.
hoi.polloi

Yeah, please take your time. I agree. Use the forum like a place to post essays and research, please. Not like a Facebook kind of thing. Too much of that use of other forums. Sorry if that's inconvenient.
Cobra Commander

HonestlyNow wrote:
Cobra Commander wrote:As for my spelling, I'm using a first generation smart phone that isn't autospelling correctly and won't let me go back and fix each message. If it makes an error, I'm screwed on correcting it until I get home to my laptop and iPhone.
You're not seriously blaming your phone for the quadruple spelling error that I pointed out, are you? If you can do your posts from a machine that's more comfortable to use, then wait until you can do them from that machine, so that you can do them correctly (and make sense). There's no need to rush.
Well, I couldn't really read as I was writing. Wouldn't let me scroll the page up. I could have hit preview maybe, but typing the message took so long, I was already frustrated. If I make an error, I may type a word twice or the occasional misspell, but not like that.

I was trying to ask a question that I know my clueless friends on Facebook couldn't answer about making a short music video. I got photoshop down well enough for my art, which all this stuff will remain in the Living Room and Art Corner. Whatever research I can lend will go in its proper thread.

Btw... I got my iPhone back. :)
hoi.polloi

Just download a copy of something, use iMovie or anything really. You know Adobe? Final Cut Pro? Vegas? None too terrible there. Tutorials online will reveal the rest.