GETTING THE WORD OUT!

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Re: GETTING THE WORD OUT!

Postby hoi.polloi on August 23rd, 2017, 6:45 am

Whew!

So, I am not sure how many of you remember we have this site: http://terror.septemberclues.info

If you are wondering what it's all about, please see its FAQ here: http://terror.septemberclues.info/faq.htm
(Note the FAQ was written in parodic style of the original FAQ, which was surely contrived from Kim Poulsen's own feverish imagination rather than actually being questions anyone asked him.)

Question: Why did you create this site?
Because we thought people needed to see, exactly what the costs of terrorist attacks are. It is easy to think "17 killed". It gives you more food for thought when you see that those 17 have strange names and photoshopped faces that tend to resemble one another.

Another, more personal, reason is anger. What gave the idea-man the shove to start constructing the site was coming across a picture gallery on TERROR.FREDOGFRIHED.DK with many pictures from the 9/11 simulation. Until then, he had been partially open to people "explaining" how the struggle of security companies and our military could be defended and their struggle be seen as "just". That openness, however, died that day, as he looked at the counterfeit pictures of fake people. Whole families three and four generations back exposed to fake history. Hundreds of men, women and children fed propaganda at what should have been childrens´ first school-day with real data and education and to have freedom from propaganda. His idea was to share the anger he felt with as many people as possible.

Question: What gave you the idea?
Originally, there was one site that did a very good job of exposing the counterfeit pictures by the name of TERROR.FREDOGFRIHED.DK and it was Danish. That site was removed from the web after http://www.SeptemberClues.info released the Vicsim Report - about how the fake victims may have been generated on 9/11 - and so we were missing that site as a valuable reference. From there and to the basic idea of this site there was only a short distance.

17 killed indeed! It's even stranger when exactly 17 are killed in 7 different attacks in a three year span. Not to mention two attacks taking place on a 17th of the month and another simulated memorial of 117 sims.

Well, that entire site has now been fully exhaustively translated to a German language version. Click the "DE" at the top right of the index and all you German readers "erfreuen"! :D
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby hoi.polloi on August 24th, 2017, 8:13 pm

Okay. The German translation is up. Its home page is http://www.septemberclues.info/index-de.shtml

The only things left in English besides some article links are The Vicsim Report (a dramatic undertaking to translate in any language, I suppose) and the Historical Development page.

Huge „vielen Dank“ to our translator!!!
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby animus on September 7th, 2017, 8:36 pm

hoi.polloi » 24 Aug 2017, 20:13 wrote:Huge „vielen Dank“ to our translator!!!

Gern geschehen. :)

Also thank you for integrating the German website this fast. Looking at the date of your forum entry you managed to do it within 5 days after receiving the translation. I did not expect that. I can only imagine how dull this work must have been. And it just shows how eager you are to spread the word. Now, the site is even up and running for the next 9/11 anniversary, the peak time of the SC website. That's fantastic!

I will send you an email in the next few minutes, hoi. I have found some broken links and links that still lead to the English website and need to be replaced with a German counterpart. Also, very unfortunately, the Youtube-video with the German subtitles has been set on private. Could you please ask the guy who translated the video to make it public again or alternatively (and for the meantime) replace the non-working link with this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv0zI99 ... F2F1B5C3AD
animus

Postby hoi.polloi on September 7th, 2017, 9:42 pm

Hi, and thank you again for all you do. Yes, I'd like to get the site up and running ASAP but I am having some slight Internet connectivity issues and not sure I can do all those changes in time for the 9/11 anniversary, I'm afraid. It all may have to wait until October.

Well, at least the major part is up and while it's annoying to have those missing links I usually just go through your files in order.

Could you give me just a few of the most important problems/broken links/typos? And I can do my best to fix those ASAP and the rest can wait for later.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby hoi.polloi on September 8th, 2017, 2:47 pm

Okay, thanks for the e-mail notes. This is almost done! I managed to get a lot of this taken care of on the bus. (Thanks Greyhound WiFi!)

Now, there may be some catastrophic error that I can deal with later, but hopefully most of it is okay.

Regarding the 47 vs. 49 beam issue, I think you should message Simon about it so he can change the graphic if he wishes and we can sync up the English and German versions of that imagery analysis after y'all have resolved that.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby patrix on September 16th, 2017, 10:08 am

Podcast in Swedish - Radio Cui Bono

Dear cluesforumers,

I would like to announce a podcast that my friend Martin has started called Radio Cui Bono. It's in Swedish and are therefore of course not offering much to English listeners. But you can at least listen to the pleasant voice of our own renaissance man Simon Shack that we have interviewed for several episodes that will be released periodically. As you may not know, Simon is not only a brilliant researcher and musician (The Social Service new album "Something Fishy" ROCKS Simon!) but also fluent in several languages, among them Swedish.

It's available on Cui Bonos YouTube channel and through popular podcast apps like Podcast Addict (search for "Radio Cui Bono")

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRLKYd ... gZ6n-ewQgQ
Last edited by patrix on September 16th, 2017, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrix

Postby agraposo on September 16th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Perfect! The interview with Simon is in English and with subtitles. :)
agraposo

Previous

Return to THE LIVING ROOM