THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Heiwa
Banned

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Heiwa »

More nonsens here:

http://gravity-trailer.blogspot.fr/

The US movie Gravity is about the ISS and some idiots in space fooling around. Interesting fake footage, though. :D

You should wonder what force is pushing and pulling these ass-to-nots against the ISS? Someone is shooting them away, blah, blah. Inside the ISS other ass-ter-stars are peacefully floating around losing weight due to lack of exercise. It gets stupider! :rolleyes:
icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

(this is a response in the Chatbox, I wanted to avoid derailing the topic...Gestalta, good points, well-made)
I, Gestalta wrote:Letter to the PsyOp editor:

It's time to step it up a notch, and apply some panache to these fairy tales you so callously love to distribute en masse. You see, I prefer my fiction to be a bit more on the fantastical side, myself, and I cannot help but notice the mundane, repetitive nature of your recent efforts. Sure, throwing heads out of windows and pointlessly torturing people before killing them---we'll call that a step in the right direction. But let's think, "Big", and take this thing to the ultimate level!

1a.) Better antagonists. It's time we move beyond the current, pseudo-religious Hegelian dialectic(s), venturing even further into fantasy land. We need an evil mastermind---someone with a catchy name, whose methods and motivations can completely polarize public opinion and perception. We need villains people can identify and even sympathize with, not a bunch of psychopathic morons with no personality and no logical motive!

1b.) Better protagonists. We need a Jack Bauer, people---someone whose always hot on the trails of this evil, super-overlord in the name of patriotism, truth, peace and justice.

2.) Better set-pieces/locations. We're talking, "big", here. Rogue commando units storming embassies "big"! Terrorists embedding themselves in high-level positions of government "big"! A Russian man becoming an astronaut, traveling to the ISS and holding it for ransom, threatening to blow it up if demands are not met "big"! Narrative, people. Narrative.

3.) Better weapons. I think we've had our fill of the shotguns, machine guns and pressure-cooker bombs (though, I'd say those were another step in the right direction). It's time to bust out the rocket launchers, flamethrowers and light sabers. We need time-traveling men riding on horseback through Central Park, using maces and lances to take out witches!

These are just a few suggestions to get the ball rolling. It's time we start setting the bar a little higher! I mean, if we're going to do it, let's REALLY do it!
I think that the Moscow theater Chechen siege back in 2002 had many of these mega-epic Hollywood features: almost a mini-series version of the WTC main feature, but run as a matinee filler. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20067384 for a primer:

- 1000 hostages, 40 Chechen Moslem terrorists, all in a movie theate
- The terrorists thoughtfully videoed part of their own attack, then were all killed, apart from one
- Secretive unseen hordes of Russian SWAT commando teams elected to gas the entire theater with sleep-inducing fumes
- Disinfo rumours abound(ed), in the 'aftermath'

And, surprisingly-enough, afterwards, people appeared to wander about carrying photographs of missing loved ones.

They don't make them like they used to...
lux

Unread post by lux »

So, just how hard is it to get witnesses to tell lies?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKiCplxwMz0

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp4SnmOxP0U

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_IzYUJANfk

More:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... 1BY6Cv8mfI
RogerSmith

Unread post by RogerSmith »

I like that you posted that video, gives me an excuse to post these:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tznR4wPeS4M

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BftyB69xQC4

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJtS9CuyuaU

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIvea_QWF4g

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oQhuDkky38

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0he0cqHH20

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJloiz-jIY0

People are braindead.
lux

Unread post by lux »

No criticism intended towards RogerSmith but, I wanted to point out what I see as an important difference between the “Lie Witness News” videos and the stupid American videos above created by the YouTuber “Mark Dice.”

Dice's videos obviously convey the idea that Americans are incredibly stupid but how many people did he have to interview in order to find each stupid person? He doesn't say. To me, having a background in market research, that is an awfully important datum to leave out. In fact, it makes his point completely invalid since the truth could be that the vast majority of people interviewed responded to his nonsense in a reasonably intelligent manner. Is it perhaps Mark Dice who is the stupid one for omitting this vitally important information? Or, is he intentionally trying to mislead us into accepting an inaccurate picture of American IQ for some reason? I doubt that the dumb-and-dumber types were in the majority but that is the impression his videos convey. This makes me think he has an axe to grind and has created these videos to support his dismal view of American intelligence. I do realize that the average IQ of the public is not what it should be but I doubt that the majority interviewed responded to Dice as stupidly as he shows in his videos.

However, the “Lie Witness News” videos are, in my opinion, something else entirely. I posted them to convey how easy it is to obtain false testimony from (seemingly, at least) random people on the street. Even if these liars were coached (they probably were to some degree) and even if they were in the minority of those interviewed, it makes no difference. The point is that the TV crew obtained "witness interviews" of ordinary-looking people who are lying through their teeth yet seem to believe what they are saying and, if one didn't know what the truth of the situation was, one would likely believe them concerning what they supposedly witnessed. The average public person is so gaga over media that when you present them with an actual television crew and all its hardware and trappings and stick a microphone in their face, they will automatically flip into an unquestioning and obedient “15 minutes of fame” hypnotic trance and say most anything you want them to say. In other words, you don't really need professional actors to create fake witnesses.
Last edited by lux on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RogerSmith

No offense taken, the discrepancies are important to recognize.

Mark Dice does receive similar criticism himself unsurprisingly and has responded he doesn't selectively narrow it down as some may think. Though of course, what value is that coming from the source itself. Still, his point (according to himself, and I think it's true) is to show that there's a general lack of education on important matters, a state of indifference. There are other videos of his that show he's not grinding axes as you say, at least not in my opinion. You can search for his gold coin videos for instance - which I feel are the best examples of the aforementioned.

I don't have anything to say about the "Lie Witness News" videos, you said it all, I don't disagree, and was merely sharing some videos I happen to like and think are relevant.

I don't know if you watched all or just a few of the Mark Dice videos, but as said earlier, It's not even (only) about a lack of education, but it's that most people can't be bothered to care to begin with. Their life is going fine, no problem for them. Let's say even if the "witnesses" in the "Lie Witness News" clips were coached, it corresponds that they don't really care about the truth.
lux

Unread post by lux »

I've seen Dice's videos before -- they are often posted on forums and such. I worked for 10 years in market research and his "methodology" is completely without merit as far as providing any reliable indication of public opinion or intelligence.

People are shy. You can't surprise random people and, without warning or explanation, stick a camera and microphone in their face and expect to get their true opinions or feelings. Lots of people "go blank" in situations like this. It doesn't mean they're necessarily stupid -- it means they're shy or easily overwhelmed. The scenario introverts (or even shocks) them and they will say whatever they think you want to them to say. They're still trying to figure out what it's all about. On top of this Dice gives them false information like “July 4th is to celebrate independence from China, right?” and then steers them with more leading questions to make them appear as stupid as he can.

Have you ever had a mic and camera suddenly pointed at you while being asked questions? Few people can calmly handle that situation with a clear head and some go completely to pieces.

His interviewees may not be the sharpest knives in the drawer but he's tricking them too and he knows it. It seems obvious enough to me.
RogerSmith

I can't disagree there, you make excellent points - but I would like to note though, I'm pretty sure the camera is often, if not most of the time, hidden out of their view. In the case of many petitions, I'm quite certain it is. You can see this yourself in one of the petition videos I linked above, the camera is effectively on another floor from the pseudo-petition signing action.

Whatever the case, I still enjoy his videos however, and like you mentioned earlier, there still is some level of truth even if partial.

Edit: Mark Dice just uploaded a new video, no camera or microphone in anyone's face - not sure what he's trying to prove with this one though...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSNTWs1e5to
I, Gestalta

Unread post by I, Gestalta »

I've read his book about the Illuminati, simply to confirm my strong opinion of the disingenuous nature of his agenda. I found it to be very well-researched within the vacuum of the Illuminati mythos he weaves, but that's just the problem, now, isn't it? It is very light in terms of discussing the reality of what this order truly was (key word: was), and the book further conveys a lack of understanding as to the purpose of the mass externalization which has resulted in "Illuminati" becoming a household name. Most real historical scholars and history hobbyists who've taken a good, hard look at the Illuminati will tell you flat-out that they were a front organization a la Freemasonry, The Theosophical Society, Knights of Malta, etc.

He's also been on television several times as a guest on the show, "Conspiracy Theory". I have never seen the show, myself, but it's on television, so...that should kinda tell me everything I need to know about it (and him).

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a disinformation agent, because it's more a matter of his information being incomplete than incorrect. Then again, I haven't read/seen too much else from him other than a few of his videos and the aforementioned book. I think the most appropriate term for Mark Dice should be quite clear: Gatekeeper.
RogerSmith

I mentioned this myself in another post here, but Mark Dice doesn't share his thoughts too extensively on any given subject as far as I've seen. He only introduces ideas.

I watched a few of his Illuminati videos, and he read a few striking passages from a book written some several hundred years ago and merely commented "hmm interesting..." He also directly addressed the dissolving of the Illuminati by reading a historical letter from the founder that said he has a plan to rebuild it if they're ever discovered. You may be right to say his information is incomplete, but I feel that is his goal. I'm admittedly a fan based on what I've seen, and he intentionally seems to just bring things to others' attention in hopes they will research themselves.

See this video for example:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNuBFQcz1JM
lux

Unread post by lux »

Dice's bio is here.
TELEVISION APPEARENCES & MENTIONS
The History Channel: Brad Meltzer’s Decoded, KTLA Los Angles, Fox News Channel: Guest on America’s Morning, The O’Reilly Factor, MSNBC, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, Jimmy Kimmel Live, ABC’s The View, CBS News San Diego KFBM Channel 8 (See YouTube for most of these clips)
Mark Dice on KTLA

RADIO SHOW APPEARENCES:
Coast to Coast AM with George Norry
The Alex Jones Show (frequent guest)
Fox News Radio with John Gibson
KFI 640 AM
The Young Turks radio show
The Michael Reagan Show
Last edited by lux on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogerSmith

I think it's inappropriate to make any suggestions about the validity of someone based on no more than they are a guest on a certain show if that's what you're implying. Last time I checked, Alex Jones believes in reptilian lizard overlords and whatnot, Mark Dice calls this "mentally retarded" in one video.

Judge Napolitano is regarded as the single truthful member of Fox News, don't tell me this fellow is also just guilty by association:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QT8Q-Hcll0

Now definitely, if there is any substantial evidence to question or to think less of someone's credibility, I'm certainly interested.

Edit: fixed video link
lux

Unread post by lux »

RogerSmith wrote:I think it's inappropriate to make any suggestions about the validity of someone based on no more than they are a guest on a certain show if that's what you're implying.
My opinion isn't based on his being a guest on a certain show. It is based on observation of a number of his videos and the fact that he has been a guest or subject of discussion on quite a few shows that I consider disinfo.

It is also apparent to me that the "stupid American" video interviews of his that I've seen clearly show a spin and an intentional manipulation of the interviewees to make them look as stupid as he can.

And, I'm not implying it - I'm saying it. :)
Judge Napolitano is regarded as the single truthful member of Fox News, ...
News to me. Regarded by whom?
... don't tell me this fellow is also just guilty by association
:lol: Shirley, you jest. :lol:
Last edited by lux on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogerSmith

lux wrote:My opinion isn't based on his being a guest on a certain show. It is based on observation of a number of his videos and the fact that he has been a guest or subject of discussion on quite a few shows that I consider disinfo.
For that reason, it's best to find one's own truth as I'm sure you can agree. While I like Mark Dice, there are others I have once thought well of only to later realize it was foolish. I don't want to go outright and call or believe someone is a disinfo agent or phony of any kind when there is no solid evidence, because in fact, they may not be. I can see where you are coming from in some of your earlier points of Mark Dice's videos - but he still has done things, like awareness raising, which I feel he cannot be discredited for.
News to me. Regarded by whom?
In the process of watching some videos, I came across praise for this fellow, so I checked out a video of his, and I can say I agree with what he says as far as I understand it. If you watch the video of his I linked above, what could be wrong with it from your view? What it is that doesn't check out?
Shirley, you jest.
If you think everyone is suspect until proven otherwise, I'm not on that bandwagon yet. Or if there is some piece of evidence to suggest such, then I've definitely missed it.
lux

Unread post by lux »

RogerSmith wrote:
I don't want to go outright and call or believe someone is a disinfo agent or phony of any kind when there is no solid evidence, because in fact, they may not be.
I've given you what I consider evidence for my views about Mark Dice.
... but he still has done things, like awareness raising, which I feel he cannot be discredited for.
All disinfo sources provide some truthful or valid information – that's what puts the “info” in disinfo. Alex Jones says true things. So does Jeff Rense, Jesse Ventura and many others. That's the bait or the “conspiracy candy” or whatever you want to call it. If they didn't do that they wouldn't have much of an audience. And, of course, some of what they say is completely false.

In the process of watching some videos, I came across praise for this fellow [Napolitano], so I checked out a video of his, and I can say I agree with what he says as far as I understand it. If you watch the video of his I linked above, what could be wrong with it from your view? What it is that doesn't check out?
What Napolitano says in that video is true or at least seems mostly true to me. That's not the problem. It's what he doesn't say that is the problem. He's criticizing cutthroats for not combing their hair. He's accusing murderers of littering. He's chastising mega-fraudsters for spitting on the sidewalk. And, for his trivial criticisms he “get's fired” by the evil MSM and now he is a hero of the “conspiracy buffs.” It's bullshit. He's a thousand miles away from the real problems. What he talks about has been referred to as “chicken feed” in the parlance of the disinfo game. It's just petty, harmless griping producing negligible effect on the system and distracting the gullible from the real issues.

Millions of people -- billions really -- are suffering, living oppressed lives and/or dying because of what these scumbag fraudsters are doing and Napolitano says "maybe a two-party system doesn't give the people enough of a choice." Get it?
If you think everyone is suspect until proven otherwise, I'm not on that bandwagon yet. Or if there is some piece of evidence to suggest such, then I've definitely missed it.
I don't recall ever saying “everyone is suspect” but I will say that everyone who works in the media is certainly suspect – read this forum for the evidence.