THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
CluedIn

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by CluedIn »

This Facebook page belongs to the mother, Bianka. This girl has too many looks to count!

https://www.facebook.com/blandavazo?fref=ufi

I think this kind of thing is yet another psyop - don't believe your own eyes. This is happening with Hillary right now. Is it a double, CGI, face mask, etc - but most people just accept what is put before them without question, even though there is a nagging thought in the back of their minds.
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

This one caught my attention:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-0 ... nda-videos

This limited hangout venture springs from the need of some damage repair operation caused by the people like us ( on the other hand these movie clips are so bad I can't believe this is not intentional ) both to the government and mainstream media which are of course two branches of the same tree.

The whole thing was supposedly snowdened by something called "The Bureau of Investigative Journalism". TBOI is "...Based at City University London, the Bureau works in collaboration with other groups to get its investigations published and distributed. Since its foundation the Bureau has worked with BBC File On Four, BBC Panorama, BBC Newsnight, Channel 4 Dispatches, Channel 4 News, al Jazeera English, the Independent, the Financial Times, the Daily Telegraph, the Sunday Times, Le Monde, Mediapart, the Guardian, the Observer and the Daily Mirror..."
source: https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com

So now they are faking these things not to mindfuck and further enslave us but for the noble purpose of " tracking terrorist viewing locations". Cunning strategy.

Looks like they are planning to clear for themselves a legal way for jailing/fining people with hobbies like ours in the future (not too distant most probably).

300 people, $540 million(!) and such shitty effects :)
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

@daddie_o

I clicked on the MM (Man or Myth) link from the front page quite by accident and this caught my eye
Sorry! I did not mean to accuse you or brianv of being cointelpro shills.
Oh really, did you??

What exactly IS a "cointelpro shill"?
daddie_o
Banned

Unread post by daddie_o »

brianv » October 6th, 2016, 1:31 pm wrote:@daddie_o

I clicked on the MM (Man or Myth) link from the front page quite by accident and this caught my eye
Sorry! I did not mean to accuse you or brianv of being cointelpro shills.
Oh really, did you??

What exactly IS a "cointelpro shill"?
No, I said I did not accuse either of you. If I was accusing anybody it was Allan Wisecracker or whatever his name is, who came crashing in here like an 800 lb gorilla.

By shill I basically mean some kind of intelligence agent posting on an internet forum. Their posts can have many purposes, as can be read in the JTRIG handbook and I'm sure you're familiar with. COINTELPRO, I assume you're aware, is/was an FBI program that stands for Counter Intelligence Program. A COINTELPRO shill was just a shorthand I was using to describe a shill whose aim is to divide some group or movement. I take this from the tactics the FBI COINTELPRO developed that were intended to heighten tension and hostility between various factions of groups or movements they were trying to disrupt. I realize that COINTELPRO was much broader than this, so actually "COINTELPRO shill" is kind of redundant, but what I had in mind is basically a shill whose intention is to divide a group/movement against itself (as opposed to say, a shill whose intention is to discredit the group/movement or disrupt it in other ways).

Actually, our knowledge of the very existence of this tactic (and shills in general) is enough to divide us against each other as we try to discern who is a shill and who is not. I suspect that is part of what Snowden's disclosures were all about: just the awareness of what is possible is enough to change people's behavior in ways that benefit TPTB. Keep us pointing fingers at each other. The problem is that it's not just a paranoid fantasy, so we do need to be wary of each other. It's a double bind.

Brian, I'm curious: you said you clicked on the MM link from the front page quite by accident. Oh really, did you?? What does your front page look like? Because mine doesn't show a link to the MM thread. It shows a link to the Question of Fakery forum. And from there there is a link to the MM thread, but clicking on that takes me to the 1st page of the thread, not the 18th page where my comment is. You could arrive at the 18th page directly, I suppose, if you had 'quite by accident' first pressed on the little square with the number 18 on it, but then that is starting to seem much less like an accident. What's the problem with just saying you were reading the thread. Don't want to admit that you're MM curious? Or am I missing something?
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

By shill I basically mean some kind of intelligence agent posting on an internet forum. Their posts can have many purposes, as can be read in the JTRIG handbook and I'm sure you're familiar with. COINTELPRO, I assume you're aware, is/was an FBI program that stands for Counter Intelligence Program.
No, I wouldn't know the first thing about that. I saw it bandied about on "letstroll" 10 years ago. Sounds like bullshit to me!

My front page looks like this http://www.cluesforum.info/index.php

And where do you go if you click the latest post icon beside the poster's name in the right column?

And NO for the last time I could not give a rats about MM or Snowden for that matter.
daddie_o
Banned

Unread post by daddie_o »

brianv » October 6th, 2016, 6:06 pm wrote:
No, I wouldn't know the first thing about that. I saw it bandied about on "letstroll" 10 years ago. Sounds like bullshit to me!

And where do you go if you click the latest post icon beside the poster's name in the right column?
You think COINTELPRO is bullshit? Or shills?

Ah! I knew I must be missing something. I have only ever clicked on people's names and gone to their profile page. I don't think I ever realized or noticed those little tiny boxes next to people's names. They're so...tiny!
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

daddie_o » October 6th, 2016, 8:43 pm wrote:
brianv » October 6th, 2016, 6:06 pm wrote:

You think COINTELPRO is bullshit? Or shills?

Ah! I knew I must be missing something. I have only ever clicked on people's names and gone to their profile page. I don't think I ever realized or noticed those little tiny boxes next to people's names. They're so...tiny!
You think COINTELPRO is bullshit
Yes, it smells like bullshit to me!
sharpstuff

Simon Shack

Unread post by sharpstuff »

Why cannot I reply to Simon Shack via e-mail?

I sent an e-mail to his address (as a private individual and to which he has responded) and it was returned to me.as my ISP was apparently blacklisted, or something.

What is going on here?

Sharpstuff (a.k.a. Peter K. Sharpen)

Hey, dear Sharpstuff - no idea, this hasn't happened before (to my knowledge) ! I just sent you an e-mail to your usual e-mail address, let me know if you've received it. (Simon)
sharpstuff

Dear Simon,

I've no idea either.
The reply from mailer daemon says:

This is the mail system at host mwinf5d67.orange.fr.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients.

The mail system

<e-mail address removed>: host libero.it[212.48.24.20] said: 550
smtp-02.iol.local smtp-02.iol.local Your IP is blacklisted by IOL: 80.12.242.130 [smtp-02.iol.local; LIB_104]
Note: I have removed your e-mail address

In the event, I hope you do not mind me posting my request, which can be deleted as it is not part of this forum.

I wrote:

My Dear Simon,

Firstly, I trust you are well.

I will try to be brief but that is impossible for me as my seventy-two-year-old mind is still working 'full on', as they say.

I would like your advice on something that is not relevant to September Clues, or the forum. It relates to your expertise in the recording and construction of music albums.

If you are not interested, or do not have the time to reply, that is fine; just let me know.

My music history is complicated but I have always been interested and love music not the drivel peddled as music, nowadays which I do not listen to or have or want access. Music is 'in the family' so to speak. As are also my many writings.

I have always loved the piano. Anything with the black and white notes of a piano always attracts my interest, even toy pianos.

In the early 1980's a great friend of mine purchased a Technics synthesiser. He happily lent it to me and I was instantly engaged in creating music from it.

I was encouraged by this experience to purchase my own synthesiser, which was a Yamaha PS55, if I remember correctly. I composed a lot of material on that machine and used it for a school assembly when I was teaching in a Special School at Romford, in the U.K.

I then purchased a Yamaha DX7 (original). I had also purchased an Atatri 1040ST with midi interface and Steinberg Pro24, spring reverb unit) to replace my Dragon 32.

I also later purchased a Tascam Porta One (and various bits and pieces (Yamaha FB01, Boss Reverb, Roland TR505)).

I now have a Yamaha Motif 7 and Casio CT655 connected to a computer but with other bits not installed at the present.

O.K. so all that over, I have at present:

A fully working (and Tascam professionally refurbished) Porta One.

A working PC running Windows XP (it was better than Win98SE for some reasons but better than anything that ever followed).

What I want to do, dear Simon, is to be able to take twenty years of 4-track tapes,(recorded on the Tascam) and mix them down to 2-track (.wav) on my computer.

I know I have Audacity (useful for some things) and I also have Goldwave (which I have been using for twenty years) but I cannot mix my 4-track tapes using my computer!

Nothing I try will make Audacity record my tapes from the Tascam!

Have you any suggestions?

The above relate to technical questions on a private matter.

A reply of any sort would be generous.

Well be.

My very best regards,
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Peter, sorry to interrupt but...

I'm assuming the Tascam has got Audio Out. How are you currently connected/transferring to PC?

Providing your XP machine has got a USB connection (or Firewire) you could buy say a cheap 4 Channel Audio Interface - Focusrite (New Gen) if they are out yet, or a really expensive one. [st]http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlet18i8G2[/st]

Sorry, you are in the UK - https://www.thomann.de/gb/focusrite_sca ... nd_gen.htm

And a "DAW", there are dozens. Get REAPER, it's free to use for 60 days, then you can buy a licence if you wish ( they don't call the cops if you don't ) and it runs forever, and it's excellent software, regular updates. http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

You could also do it with Audacity, but REAPER is more flexible.

Ditto on the AtariST by the way, I had Cubase v1.1 on mine ;-)
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dear Peter,

I'd suggest you download to your pc, for instance, something like good ol' Wave Lab 5.0 - (free versions can be found online) which works wonderfully on WindowsXP.

WaveLab allows you to import multiple tracks - and then mix them down at leisure - with all sorts of cool plug ins / equalizers / reverbs / compressors / etc...

As Brianv rightly pointed out, you will need a 4-channel audio interface - in order to import any given 4-track recording from your Tascam Porta One to Wave Lab all at once. However - a cheaper way would be to import your 4-track recordings to Wave Lab in two steps - i.e. by importing them two-by-two (routing them separately on L & R stereo channels) - and then aligning your two sets of L/R stereo tracks manually within Wave Lab.

Hope that helps - let me know ! :)
bongostaple

Unread post by bongostaple »

Well, as you're on the subject - I would highly recommend Reaper. Not only is it very cheap, it's well made, and you can evaluate it with full functionality before you decide to buy a licence, so zero cost to give it a go. I use it when I'm travelling on business - although when I get home I move anything I've been making over to Pro Tools in my tiny studio.

Also, Reaper is pretty light on CPU, so you can run it quite nicely on some quite old systems. If you give it a go and want any help, PM me and I'll be glad to try to help.
sharpstuff

Wow!

Many, many thanks for all your replies! I will certainly look into it.

I seem to have forgotten a lot of stuff; my works go back over twenty years.

I will get back to you.

Thanks again.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

sharpstuff » October 10th, 2016, 3:38 am wrote:Wow!

Many, many thanks for all your replies! I will certainly look into it.

I seem to have forgotten a lot of stuff; my works go back over twenty years.

I will get back to you.

Thanks again.
Cool.

One last thing, whichever Interface and software you settle on, make sure for the transfer that you use good quality leads/cables, don't go using curly old guitar leads! Use the shortest and best quality you can afford. ...Well two things actually, you can has your old DX7 back again inside most DAWs. I have a midi keyboard hooked up to my machine and I call up DEXED as a plugin occasionally.

https://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/
ShaneG

Unread post by ShaneG »

Had an interesting spot today at work that I didn't know how to respond to.

I started a job a couple months ago and it's gone well so far as I've got along with all my other colleagues at work; today my manager, who lives in a shared accommodation with a few others, mentions that his housemate started talking to him about conspiracy theories and that he (my manager) had to draw the line when his housemate started talking about how 9/11 was an 'inside job'. He then asks me "so what do you think about all that?"

I responded saying that I prefer not to talk about these things and that I don't watch tv because all the talk of terrorism etc is depressing and that most people have their mind made up anyway.

Not sure exactly what was the best way to respond, because naturally I wanted to respond and tell him all about the fakery but at the same time I didn't because the thought of being judged in the workplace made me reluctant to express my true perspective on the matter.

I do believe that these days I'm better off not talking about what's said on this forum in my day to day life because It's difficult to express myself in conversation, whereas online I can post evidence to get my point across - yet still nobody aside from this forum seem to understand what I'm saying.

I'm interested to know what others on here think regarding this type of situation.