Population Hoaxes

Global War deceptions & mass manipulation, fear-mongering terror schemes and propaganda in the Age of the Bomb

Re: Population Hoaxes

Postby aa5 on July 2nd, 2017, 5:40 am

I think where Brazilians mainly live is in the Southeast of the country by Argentina. In this area there is plains for farming, and it looks to be heavily populated. Whereas most of the country is the amazon rainforest, where few people live.

America has near unbelievable amounts of arable land. And America is organized differently than other nations. In most nations 95%+ of the land is owned by either the aristocracy in the form of farms, and the rest is public lands, where there is not private ownership. Corporations like logging companies lease land from the state, but they can't really be settled without people being able to buy land and decide what to do with it. The UK is an example of this, 50% of the UK land area is farms, 47% of the area is Crown land like forests and 3% of the area is the towns & cities. In most countries you can't just buy farmland and then convert it to suburbs or condos or shopping malls. They have strict zoning laws which require the land to stay as farming. And only a tiny trickle of land each year is given zoning permission to change, which creates artificial shortages for land for like housing. Which drives up the price of housing, and creates a transfer of wealth from the main bulk of people to the aristocracy. For example if a large land owning family is granted permission to develop a strip mall in most other countries, they can rest assured no other permission for a mall will be granted any time soon and thus charge monopolist rents.

In the UK there is 40,000 families which own that 47% of the land area(which is over 90% of the area where private ownership is allowed). But in America, especially in the Eastern States, like >90% of the land is privately owned. And instead of just a relative few families owning the land, there is millions of land owners. Yet another difference is in the USA, planning permission is granted mainly by counties. Whereas in other countries regional or even the national government are involved in restricting development. Many counties in America do restrict development for various reasons, but Americans have simply migrated to other counties where there is more open opportunities. And this continues to this day, as Americans move to States like Texas and Florida where the land is cheap.

The net effect of this gives America tremendous advantage. A country where wages are high, yet land and the cost of living cheap(compared to other countries).

I don't know about in Brazil specifically, but I do know in the Spanish Latin America, land ownership is even more heavily concentrated than in the UK. With these families having been given massive land grants centuries ago.
aa5

Postby pov603 on July 2nd, 2017, 8:54 pm

Flabbergasted » 01 Jul 2017, 23:02 wrote:
aa5 wrote:I am noticing there is comparisons between Brazil & India. They both are sort of their own worlds, which don't interact much with other countries. They have their own media, cinema and so forth. Both countries are geographically very large, and both obviously have large populations. With large geography providing many resources and large populations creating internal markets of sufficient scale to have industrial enterprises, they simply don't need to interact with other countries much.

That´s pretty much my own impression.

I suppose the invention of the BRICS concept has helped promote the notion that Brazil and India have a lot in common.

Assuming the figures 320 million (US) and 205 million (Brazil) are correct, the population density would be around 40/sq.km in the contiguous US and around 24/sq.km in Brazil.

The curious thing is that when you travel in the countryside of Brazil you see people (or signs of human activity) everywhere. It´s been decades since I was last in the US, but I remember seeing nothing but empty expanses of desert, mountains or woodlands as soon as I left the strictly urban zone.

America seems to have unlimited urban space for avenues, parking lots, gardens, freeways, schools, mega-stores. Brazilian towns and cities are like crowded anthills. Every inch is precious and hotly disputed. Traffic is less congested in the Netherlands (413/sq.km) than in Brazil. Also, real estate is surprisingly expensive, as if there wasn´t enough room for everybody!

Maybe it´s just a question of culture, customs, priorities, public administration ... dunno.

That is a very interesting concept to contemplate Flabbergasted.
You could be right too aa5 in that BRIC/BRICS has 'conveniently' come to people's attention over the last 5-10 years or so and does tend to unsettle 'Joe Public's' perception of where he actually stands [metaphorically] in the world.
pov603

Postby aa5 on July 5th, 2017, 3:31 pm

In Joe Public's mind if he is in Europe, and having the 'knowledge' he does of various demographic numbers.. it is a reasonable fear that his country could be totally overwhelmed by Africans, Middle Eastern peoples and South Asian peoples.

According to the official numbers, not only does Africa's population of 1.2 billion people tower above the 400 million people in the European Union, but Africans are allegedly all having 6 children each, whereas Europeans maybe have 1.6 children on average.

If my estimates are more correct, that Africa has more like 250 million people, and the rate of fertility is more like 3 children per woman and falling fast, then this scenario of being overwhelmed is far less of a crisis.
aa5

Postby Flabbergasted on July 5th, 2017, 8:05 pm

aa5 wrote:If my estimates are more correct, that Africa has more like 250 million people, and the rate of fertility is more like 3 children per woman and falling fast, then this scenario of being overwhelmed is far less of a crisis.

How did you arrive at those figures?
Flabbergasted

Postby aa5 on July 8th, 2017, 3:11 am

Over time, I found some numbers that measure other things in societies that I think are accurate, like arable land under cultivation, real nominal GDP per capita, electrical production.

Then I have a few measures which are not fact based, but more on what a reasonable man would think.

-Number of Metro areas with more than 1 million people
-me looking at pictures online of those metro areas to 'double check' that the estimates are reasonable.

So to take Brazil, the country has a large area of arable land under cultivation in the plains area of the Southeast of the country - 800,000 square kilometers under cultivation. And Brazilian farmers are fairly good at crop yield per acre, they yield 3,800 kg/acre as an average.

There is 247 acres per square kilometer. So 800,000 sq/km * 3,800 kg/acre * 247 acre/km and we get a weight of the crop production: 750 billion kg of crop production.

Since Brazil is said to have ~207 million people and Nigeria is said to have ~182 million people, one would expect their crop production to be fairly similar.

Nigeria has 415,000 sq/km under cultivation * 1,600 kg/acre * 247 acre/km: 165 billion kg of crop production.

Looking at Nigeria's cities I estimated using my 'guessing' the population at ~30 million. Dividing Nigeria's crop production by Brazil's crop production 165/750 * 205 million = 45 million people. In fairness I also think Brazil's population is overstated, possibly they have 150 million.

But lets use Nigeria as a template and go with the 45 million people number. The 'official' population of Nigeria is 182 million. The 'official' population of Africa is 1.2 billion. So 45/182 * 1.2 billion = 295 million.
aa5

Previous

Return to WWI - WWII, the Nuke Hoax, the Cold War and JFK