WALL STREET occupation and truth telling trader

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
bostonterrierowner

WALL STREET occupation and truth telling trader

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

I let myself start this new thread on a topic that is interesting to me. I mean "BBC truth telling trader". The guy was interwied(?) by BBC and he commented that politicians are whores and slaves to capitalism gang-bang :)

He said something about detoriating economy , financial class sucking us dry and generally a great depresion coming . Euro dying and EU shaken in its foundations .

He was probably unfortunately right :)

I am also sure that this whole thing is staged but whats the hidden agenda behind this limitted hangout ?

http://maxkeiser.com/2011/10/03/slaves- ... gang-bang/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC19fEqR5bA

I edited this thread to include Wall Street Occupation movement. What do you think guys about this one? Real? Fake? Manipulated? Limitted Hangout?
Last edited by bostonterrierowner on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grav

Re: Truth telling trader

Unread post by grav »

I think the media just always has to keep us in a state of constant crisis. They have really been pumping up these themes of crashing economy/dollar and broken government, I think, as a way to define the problems of our times, and what we need to be focusing on for the next round of staged elections.

As for limited hangout, well, I think it gets people all riled up against an amorphous adversary (the corrupt banksters, etc.) which basically leaves people feeling victimized, powerless, and distracted. Reminds me of Alex Jones railing against the CFR, Trilateral Commission, etc.

I think there are a ton of people out there who know "the system is corrupt", and that guys like Max Keiser provide a sort of release valve for them. And they feel sort of one-up on everyone else because they've found these 'alternative' media sources that are giving them the supposed inside scoop.

Now we don't have the time to go back and review the last decade and the elephant in the room called 9/11, because our economy is allegedly on the verge of controlled demolition and we need to focus on America's new problems.
burningame

Re: Truth telling trader

Unread post by burningame »

“Slaves to the Capitalist Gang Bang”.

What a great name for a band. Or a song.

I like this guy, but I wonder too if it all isn’t the usual perp behaviour. I mean, it’s in the media after all (BBC!). They haven’t allowed much ‘truth-telling’ to escape so far, could this be one of the isolated exceptions? I doubt it.

Anyway, wouldn’t we be expecting to meet soon one of the annointed doom-sayers to lead us to the impending catastrophe? It rings true because as humans we’re all potentially shit-scared deep-down, and part of us is thinking about his assets(!).

Could it be as simple as, maybe he is telling us more of the truth, but still keeping us guessing as to the actual identity of the perpetrators, or the exact machinations?
LightCone

Re: Truth telling trader and Wall Street occupation

Unread post by LightCone »

Pulled over during OWS

SIGHTS indeed!

Conducting thorough search. No visible "Mobile Info Collecting Devices" inside

Problem, Officer?

:P
grav

Unread post by grav »

So the Occupy Wall Street dog and pony show is becoming quite the prolonged media event.

My question is, how are they going to "end" this episode? All the millions of viewers are going to want to see some climax to the show. There is undoubtedly some sort of response that is planned and waiting to be issued. Problem, reaction, solution.. you know the deal. Might it lead to some short term restructuring? Or is it part of a larger narrative about the great troubles of our times, and a re-imagining of the American Protest theme, for the children to see how great their country is because they are allowed to protest in the streets and not be gunned down like all those poor people in foreign countries that we must bring democracy to.

Is it just designed to whip up some general fervor for the charade of 2012 presidential selections? Really, what would be worse for these goons than an election where people lack focused anger about media-manufactured issues? They might actually come back down to earth.

Or is it just designed to fizzle out to demoralize people and portray how 'hopeless' the situation is?

Just some rambling... I'm so sick of these top-down charades that are designed to look like grassroots movements, that are ultimately used to influence greater agendas.
LightCone

Unread post by LightCone »

grav wrote: Just some rambling... I'm so sick of these top-down charades that are designed to look like grassroots movements, that are ultimately used to influence greater agendas.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkM3BBtc7N0

Ivan Marovic of 'Otpor!' addresses Occupy Wall Street

The same Ivan Marovic who was instrumental in removing Slobodan Milošević from power in Serbia.

"OTPOR!" is the field operative organizer company for the CENTER FOR APPLIED NONVIOLENT ACTION AND STRATEGIES [C.A.N.V.A.S]

The reoccurring closed fist:

pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Presumably this 'fist' being the 'left'-wing one whereas the others are 'right'-wing?
Makkonen

Unread post by Makkonen »

Seems depressing and sad kind of kiddy play and make-believe, like Wikileaks (and countless others). It's astounding that people don't either care or pretend not to care for basic logic when someone from the top of the power pyramid waves the ever-elusive "hey this is too good to be true but jump for it anyway!" - carrot.

For example, one of Finland's biggest faux-critical newspapers, Helsingin Sanomat, even said that (my translation) "some of the MSM is silent on the Wall Street protests": http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/Osa+valtamedi ... 5545975025

This is crazy. A MSM outlet saying that some MSM outlets are bad (as ludicrous a "synergy" as a supposed anti-establishment entity like Wikileaks being praised to high heavens by the establishment press). This is hilarious in a very bad way, and shouldn't be tolerated by anyone with any aching for any intellectual/moral integrity. However, what it might all come down to, with all these fashionable hangouts, is the "life-stylification" of some sort of dormant protest spirit or anger. It matters not which side you choose in such a charade as long as you are contributing to the overall spectacle. A simulacrum, an illusion, even if it may seem visceral to some people. This is the weirdness of the media: the life-stylification of people into various, compartmentalized Pavlov dogs fighting for the same cup of nothing.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Ah protests, the old master-slave relations gig! Works every time! We have one in Dublin now!
antipodean

Occupy Wall Street

Unread post by antipodean »

Surely this has to be a Neo Con staged event.
Lots of people waking up to how the Banks both run our lives & rip us off (at least those of us that pay income tax), what better way to control the angry masses than herd them into a slick controlled movement.
http://occupywallst.org/

With the world wide co-ordinated protests at the weekend, I took a bit of interest in what was happening locally.
http://www.occupyauckland.org/

Couldn't believe it, 9/11 Truth super shill Cosmos ( http://z6.invisionfree.com/Reality_Shac ... ic=8&st=90 ) turns up in New Zealand handing out 'Occupy Wall Street' leaflets', obviously tasked with Gate Keeping 9/11 truth.

Go to the 6min. 40sec.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFu0ZT1ekto

Edit : sorry forgot a thread had already been started about this. Admin please feel free to move this thread to here. http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p2360584
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

I am always surprised to see how these movements seem to arise out of thin air and yet be connected and branded all across the globe. It gives you the impression that a coordinated movement exists to inspire all these local events, but in fact there is no such thing. Because if it existed a legit coordinated global movement, we would know who are the leaders, what they are about etc. So yeah, suspicious. It only makes sense to imagine that the successful "truth movement" strategy of hijacking dissent is applied to all sort of situations, and timed so that a fake movement manifests itself way before a real one manages to actually come to light.

Which doesn't mean of course that all the people participating in it are aware of the manipulation. Or, if aware, are willingly part of it. Sometimes you can be there only because people are there, even if you know that the pretext is artificial or instrumental.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

It sends a message out to the armchair brigade watching TV that 'someone' is doing something about the things they [the armchair brigade] moan about.
It is great PR and allows them all to carry on watching American Idol and X Factor.
grav

Re: The Rome Riots - Oct 15, 2011

Unread post by grav »

Well, I experienced my 1st first-hand experience of Media Fakery today.

My roomate and I went out to lunch today at a restaurant and rode past the town's government building. We saw literally 5 or 6 people standing there with messy cardboard signs reading familiar "Occupy" sentiments on my way there. About 45 min.- an hour later we rode back and it was the same amount of people.

Later this evening an acquaintance reported to me that National Public Radio had reported it as a large-scale event, and they even interviewed a couple of them, which would have been about half of the occupants! She said they were obviously reporting it as a significant protest which was a complete falsehood.

Other local media sources are admitting it has only been about 30 people at its maximum but they are still linking it to the national "Occupy Wall Street" movement. This is totally orchestrated, overt propaganda. (There's this number of people protesting War,etc. a handful of times throughout the year, but it's never linked to a national Anti-War movement) People may say they started doing this because they saw other people doing it and got inspired, but that's not true. They saw it on the news, or a link from a Facebook friend that was sourced from the news. It's the pinnacle of top-down astro-turfing, a movement created entirely from the national/global corporate military news, and the same "1%" that the protesters claim to be opposing. It's madness.
Mickey

Unread post by Mickey »

I posted about this fake movement a few days ago when I read somewhere that Michael Moore and Susan Sarandon were joining these so called protests in NYC. I smelled poo then and it has just started stinking more now.
chess_king

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by chess_king »

let me quote something to think about from http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm

"I'd be tempted to show up at an OWS function (a few colleagues have) but I may just be too damn methodical. I want to know - in advance and with 100 percent certainty what the pedigree of something I get involved in before I step into a group action. This means what?

The planks and platform sound fine, but at some point, all revolutionary/social movements get a "face" and I want to see a face otherwise it feels too much like a herd and I'm just too independent an old cuss and a poor joiner of much of anything.

Second, I'd like there to be a kind of history site where we could look more into the foundations of the movement. OK, if it's a spontaneous thing and hard to document - I get that part. But if the republicorp is saying it's "an Obama thing" where's the evidence? And if Soros really has a hand in, where's proof of that?

Then I want to know where this all leads. Here's the thing: I am an outcome driven person. I know that Wall Street and the commodities world is dragging its feet on financial reform. And one OWS demonstration (I forget which one) has a brilliant sign:
" It's wrong to create a mortgage-backed security filled with loans you know are going to fail so that you can sell it to a client who isn't aware that your sabotaged it by intentionally picking the misleadingly rated loans most likely to be defaulted upon..."
Damn eloquently put. But now that we know these kinds of things, what do we do about it...in other words, what's the demonstration trying to achieve other than tell the corpgov types "Hey! We're pissed off out here in heartland America..." which do doubt, we are.

I know my friends will call it bullshit or cowardice on my part to take such a hard "Show me!" attitude, but while I'm initially sympathetic, socioeconomic demonstrations are not - for lack of a better term - "an operating system upgrade."

I've been watching the goings on in Egypt on Al Jazeera and what I see there is a country which actually got rid of a leader and is now ruled by a revolutionary council...but behind the scenes, a movement toward an army-run country as an outcome is a distinct reality.

So what are the deal points of OWS?

If we close down Wall Street all of our pensions, retirements, investments in new businesses and operating capital costs all become unknowable and in B-school we have drilled into our heads a firm understanding of risk.

If we don't want to close down Wall Street, then What is the agenda item we could just jump to right now and make happen? Implement the Dodd-Frank CFTC changes which are being dragged out by the PTB? Have an audit of the Fed? (all for that, but then what?). Declare gold to be real money? Limit the Fed's ability to print money? No politician in office more than two terms? Leadership by lottery? Ban are lobbying and the lobbyistas who run America now? (now we're getting somewhere!) But the implications here for each of this possibilities is what?

America is a complex system and for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction....and since we're talking America, there are also likely several new business models which the local sharps will set up to make money on!

Yes, there's a lot of bad mortgage paper...but what's the plan to get it all out in the open in a public, methodical non-system-crashing way?

Or, are people out demonstrating because they want to crash the system? WTF?

If the true issue is redistribution of wealth, fine. Put a 90% flat tax on all income over $1-million per year regardless of source. Give all small businesses the same tax breaks and sweetheart deductions as transnational's get (I have a huge cost center in...er...the Caymans, don't I?) and I'll be in the street tomorrow.

But I don't see an agenda here. I see lots of "We've had it up to here and we're pissed..." (agree) but then what?

To my way of thinking, what's needed is data: collected and compiled by a trained sociologist and Bill Domhoff's book Who Rules America? Challenges to Corporate and Class Dominance ($42, Amazon, 6th edition) is at the top of my reading list now. The reason?

We're rolling into something I hadn't given a lot of head-space to: Class warfare. As one Amazon reviewer put it (in part):

"...You see, nobody likes to admit that there is a class system in the United States. Bill Domhoff shows that there clearly is a corporate community that propagates itself through joining exclusive clubs, expensive private schools, and through this, having extensive connections to other people in the upper class. It has been in place since before the civil war. Yes, that's right. The age of the robber barons. And if this isn't interesting enough, Domhoff shows how they influence public policy, and even public opinion. You'll find yourself thinking twice about many of the bills that are in the news. Because chances are, they are a product of the vicegrip that the corporate community has on our country. "

Once I have a better idea of the specific mechanics, then I'll go on to what would be the "right actions" to break up the congestion "at the top" where money has been coagulating in ever-increasing amounts. Then...as a new consensus evolves - and armed with a little clearer vision of what's the shortest route from where we are, to where we want to go, I will be able to apply my efforts for positive change in the most appropriate way.

If that means going to the street, then that's where I'll go. Harder: Going to local political meetings and exercising influence across the grass roots.

To my way of thinking, when a mass of people start off rebelling against something, they sure ought to have a roadmap in their back pocket to keep them on course.

When I lived on my sailboat I never went anywhere without a crystal clear destination in mind - same thing with the airplane: The Destination is where my trip planning begins. What is the OWS destination besides a generalized Reform Land?

Slogans like "Reform Wall Street" are really appealing - don't get me wrong. More crooks per square foot than even lobbyland in Washington. But how is the reform to occur? What are the deal points? Tell me those and I promise to be more interested. Hell, even participatory. But without mileposts and project benchmarks and a clear destination (something like no corporations of more than $100 million in size? Tariffs on cheap foreign-made goods to fund unemployment comp here, a workable reindustrialization plan, etc, etc...)

I see this is a self-organizing collective...I'm good with that. But where's its destination? Key deal for me, I'm not a change for the sake of change kinda guy. For now I'm hitting the books before hitting the bricks."

also this article: http://lewrockwell.com/williams-w/w-williams103.html

"For politicians, it's another story: Demonize people whose power you want to usurp. That's the typical way totalitarians gain power. They give the masses someone to hate. In 18th-century France, it was Maximilien Robespierre's promoting hatred of the aristocracy that was the key to his acquiring more dictatorial power than the aristocracy had ever had. In the 20th century, the communists gained power by promoting public hatred of the czars and capitalists. In Germany, Adolf Hitler gained power by promoting hatred of Jews and Bolsheviks. In each case, the power gained led to greater misery and bloodshed than anything the old regime could have done.

Let me be clear: I'm not equating America's liberals with Robespierre, Josef Stalin and Hitler. I am saying that promoting jealousy, fear and hate is an effective strategy for politicians and their liberal followers to control and micromanage businesses. It's not about the amount of money people earn. If it were, politicians and leftists would be promoting jealousy, fear and hate toward multimillionaire Hollywood and celebrities and sports stars, such as LeBron James ($48 million), Tiger Woods ($75 million) and Peyton Manning ($38 million). But there is no way that politicians could take over the roles of Oprah Winfrey, Lady Gaga and LeBron James. That means celebrities can make any amount of money they want and it matters not one iota politically.

The Occupy Wall Street crowd shouldn't focus its anger at wealthy CEOs. A far more appropriate target would be the U.S. Congress."