Jack The Ripper aka The Whitechapel Murderer, 1888-1892

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
Euphoria

Jack The Ripper aka The Whitechapel Murderer, 1888-1892

Unread post by Euphoria »

I've been looking back at the most notorious killers/serial killings in British history and all of a sudden it struck me (and I'm sure I'm not the first) that Jack The Ripper may have been an early precursor to the media/government-directed psyops that we have been studying so hard on these pages.

I'm thinking that the Jack the Ripper story was something of a social experiment. He was never identified. Extensive newspaper coverage bestowed widespread and enduring international notoriety on the Ripper. Also, Whitechapel was a hotbed of crime at that time, so faking these murders would have helped to justify harsher policing measures, and serve to alter the public perception of the police as saviours of the people, rather than oppressors or 'system protectors.' Later, when the police effort came to be judged as inadequate, this could have served to radicalise the population further and beg the government to up the ante. This Punch magazine article from 22 September 1888 (important masonic date?) illustrated the public's frustration with ineffective policing:

First of all, I have no doubt that murder was quite commonplace in east London in the late 19th century. However, what I'm interested is the political capital that could have been reaped from fabricating or sensationalising these events (perhaps by intentionally bringing unconnected murders together under the same banner, or even by using an earlier version of the 'vicsims' we discuss here).

Police photograph of the murder scene of Mary Jane Kelly, the 5th canonical victim of Jack the Ripper. Found in the City of London Police archives; unknown photographer. First published in the United Kingdom in Police Journal in 1969 by Rumbelow.

Death certificate for Mary Ann Nichols. Then again, we know that coroners are typically involved in psyops of this kind, so what this piece of paper actually proves is anybody's guess! But I think it's important to acknowledge that documents like this can be sourced, over a hundred years later.

More Vicsims?

Open eyes?

Supposedly a mortuary picture of Alice McKenzie.

The Whitehall Mystery

"The Whitehall Mystery" was a term coined for the discovery of a headless torso of a woman on 2 October 1888 in the basement of the new Metropolitan Police headquarters being built in Whitehall. An arm belonging to the body was previously discovered floating in the river Thames near Pimlico, and one of the legs was subsequently discovered buried near where the torso was found. The other limbs and head were never recovered and the body was never identified. (Source: Evans and Rumbelow, pp. 142–144). My oh my!

Vigilantism

Partly because of dissatisfaction with the poor police effort, a group of volunteer citizens in London's East End called the Whitechapel Vigilance Committee patrolled the streets looking for suspicious characters, petitioned the government to raise a reward for information about the killer, and hired private detectives to question witnesses independently. (Source: Evans and Skinner, The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Sourcebook, pp. 245–252)

This sounds awfully familiar!

Celebrity backup/involvement

Even Queen Victoria chipped in with some social commentary on the case. Victoria thought that the pattern of the murders indicated that the culprit was a butcher or cattle drover on one of the cattle boats that plied between London and mainland Europe. Whitechapel was close to the London Docks, and usually such boats docked on Thursday or Friday and departed on Saturday or Sunday. The cattle boats were examined but the dates of the murders did not coincide with a single boat's movements. (Robert Anderson to Home Office, 10 January 1889, 144/221/A49301C ff. 235–6, quoted in Evans and Skinner, The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Sourcebook, p. 399)
Last edited by Euphoria on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Euphoria

Jack The Ripper Media Frenzy

The Ripper murders mark an important watershed in the treatment of crime by journalists. While not the first serial killer, Jack the Ripper's case was the first to create a worldwide media frenzy. Tax reforms in the 1850s had enabled the publication of inexpensive newspapers with wider circulation. These mushroomed later in the Victorian era to include mass-circulation newspapers as cheap as a halfpenny, along with popular magazines such as the Illustrated Police News, which made the Ripper the beneficiary of previously unparalleled publicity.
Euphoria

Aftermath and government actions after Ripper psyop

The gruesome nature of the murders and of the unfortunate, vulnerable status of the victims (vicsims?) drew attention to the poor living conditions in the East End, and galvanised public opinion against the overcrowded, unsanitary slums.

In the two decades after the murders, the worst of the slums were cleared and demolished. It seems that this may have been one of London's first gentification projects...And another example of Problem-Reaction-Solution put into motion by the authorities.

The problem with the slum clearances was in many cases the cleared areas were taken over by commercial premises, fuelling in some areas the overcrowding and substandard housing - making the situation worse for some, as documented by writers like Jack London, who lived in the area as late as 1900. Unscrupulous landlords continued to exploit the poor and homeless.

Of course, Jack the Ripper now features in hundreds of works of fiction and works which straddle the boundaries between both fact and fiction (indeed), including the Ripper letters.
pov603

Re: Jack The Ripper aka The Whitechapel Murderer, 1888-1892

Unread post by pov603 »

Another prime example using a different media/medium was Orson Welles and War of the Worlds via the Radio.
Terence.drew

Unread post by Terence.drew »

http://www.irishcentral.com/ent/Jack-th ... 39194.html

The BBC* doing a major new series on this story.

* British Brainwashing Corporation.
jhonedon35

Unread post by jhonedon35 »

Here is the link where I got handy information about Jack the Ripper Murders. It says: Jack the Ripper Tour
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Jack the Ripper to light Olympic flame

Jack, who is still robust at over 100 years old because of black magic rituals, will carry the Olympic torch along the final leg of its journey with playfully brandishing a scalpel at the crowd.
The Olympic opening ceremony will culminate with Jack brutally eviscerating mascots Mandeville and Wenlock on a special platform painted with weird Masonic symbols.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 2072435439
Simon1961
Banned

Unread post by Simon1961 »

I concluded that the best possibility for Jack was George Hutchinson. I spent a few weeks looking at http://www.casebook.org/intro.html

On the listed forum, Hutchinson threads are quite extensive. He does seem the favourite suspect to be discussed - last time I looked.

Then I read Hinton's book "From Hell" that pretty much sealed it for me.

What sticks in my mind above all is the real poverty in the East End of London by modern standards. Most(all ?) of the victims were prostitutes. They prostituted themselves for money for booze and enough money to buy a room for the night. Very sad. The housing consisted of many people using a single privy and water tap. The pubs offered the best distractions for the people living in this environment. The murders were not so ghastly to my mind in the totality of cruelty as the poverty and suffering that many endured day after day.
Euphoria

Simon1961 wrote:I concluded that the best possibility for Jack was George Hutchinson. I spent a few weeks looking at http://www.casebook.org/intro.html

On the listed forum, Hutchinson threads are quite extensive. He does seem the favourite suspect to be discussed - last time I looked.

What sticks in my mind above all is the real poverty in the East End of London by modern standards. Most(all ?) of the victims were prostitutes. They prostituted themselves for money for booze and enough money to buy a room for the night. Very sad. The housing consisted of many people using a single privy and water tap. The pubs offered the best distractions for the people living in this environment. The murders were not so ghastly to my mind in the totality of cruelty as the poverty and suffering that many endured day after day.
That's an interesting view Simon. I had never heard of that site.

There's no doubt that the East End of London at that time (and still, today) had a high murder rate. What I proposed here is that the Ripper incidents specifically were part of a government PSYOP. Who knows, maybe there were good intentions behind it (to clear the slums?). People have a tendency to prefer to believe in bad conspiracies, than good conspiracies.
fbenario

Euphoria wrote:
Simon1961 wrote:I concluded that the best possibility for Jack was George Hutchinson. I spent a few weeks looking at http://www.casebook.org/intro.html

That's an interesting view Simon. I had never heard of that site.

There's no doubt that the East End of London at that time (and still, today) had a high murder rate.
Is that actually true? I thought the East End was now primarily immigrant neighborhoods, which as a general matter aren't known for high murder rates.
Euphoria

Yes, it's true.

The latest available figures, from April 1 last year to March 26 this year, show 101 homicides committed in the whole of London during that time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 26656.html

Admittedly, London's murder rate has now fallen back to 1960s levels.

However, there were still around 27 murders in east London over the last year (see http://www.met.police.uk/crimefigures/# - though I appreciate this may not be fully reliable), depending on which areas you classify as east London.

That's roughly one murder every fortnight. These are the ones you never heard about in the press (presumably they don't 'count' because the death is not strategically useful for the evil ones in their policy planning).

Other parts of London have problems too, but obviously a murder every fortnight is way too much.

I suppose there are lots of different ways you can spin it. But the bottom line is that pointless deaths do happen, unfortunately.
fbenario

Euphoria wrote:That's roughly one murder every fortnight. These are the ones you never heard about in the press (presumably they don't 'count' because the death is not strategically useful for the evil ones in their policy planning)
Oh, I would suggest they don't 'count' because the victims have darker skins. Such is the white devils' inherent arrogance, one might say.
Euphoria

fbenario wrote:
Euphoria wrote:That's roughly one murder every fortnight. These are the ones you never heard about in the press (presumably they don't 'count' because the death is not strategically useful for the evil ones in their policy planning)
Oh, I would suggest they don't 'count' because the victims have darker skins. Such is the white devils' inherent arrogance, one might say.
Well, not necessarily. I have a feeling both the Stephen Lawrence and Damilola Taylor murders were PSYOPS, and the sims (if they were) were Afro-Caribbeans. The British state mandates anti-white racism while feigning care for the immigrant groups, without backing this up with anything tangible. Classic divide and conquer.
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

You've opened up the Jack the Ripper case with great insight, Euphoria.

The Official GOV.UK statistics of deaths from unlawful killings (and many accidents) cannot ever have been trustworthy. On scrutiny, all the high profile deaths recorded locally were 100% faked. HM Coroner's Court, the most critical of any British court of law, and certainly its oldest (a legacy of the Normans) is a total sham.

Maybe the Jack the Ripper PSYOP was as much about tightening the grip of the policing apparatus around the throats of innocent Londoners? The only true strangulation in the legend?

Today, two (pretty) female cops were apparently gunned down in the line of duty by one of Manchester's most hardened gangland killers. The inevitable calls came via Murdoch's Sky(wave) News TV for arming and para-militarising Her Majesty's Constabularies. "We need 21st century policing solutions for 21st century crimes". The days of entrusting public safety to unarmed plod like the Bow Street Runners are over!

The son of vicsim PC Rathband ("shot in the face by Raoul Moat") said "....It's time for police to be armed in my opinion." A view echoed by Pc Rathband's twin* Darren, who said: "Give them more than a bloody piece of plastic and some spray!" A vicsim who left a living twin, eh?! Useful. Very useful. And cost effective in these troubled economic times (one less Photoshop job to fund!) :rolleyes:

See: http://news.sky.com/story/986584/two-po ... r-shooting

While I remember: a local man was penning a book on Jack the Ripper, or at least that was his plan. But, alas, his efforts were rudely halted by the boys in blues. The eccentric author was famous for his dramatic entrances into licensed premises. He would command his audience before reciting the latest chapter from his book! One day cops visited his home ostensibly to serve him a legal threat. But while executing that Official Duty, an informal request was conveyed from London: "Back off the Ripper writings or else!" The Met was purportedly publishing its own book on Jack which it didn't want overshadowing by the efforts of this man!