The picture that won the Pulitzer

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
Equinox
Banned

Re: The picture that won the Pulitzer

Unread post by Equinox »

simonshack wrote: I understand you suffer from dyslexia - but there are ways to overcome this little problem. I now solemnly ask you to do something about it. Please perform spell checks of your posts from now on (or ask your girlfriend to help you out) - I have asked you to do so many, many times. Please don't feel offended by this gentle request of mine.
Haha, :lol: No way Im offended.

I don't think I have Dyslexia.
There is no excuse for it, but...
To be honest I think it's mainly because I'm young and Aussie. Aussies and young people are known for slang and and spelling of English language.

Example--
English- Everything will be ok...
Aussie slang- Shee'l b wright mate,
( she will be alright mate)
(Everything will be ok.) Silly hey! :lol:

ALSO I TXT to my Girlfriend all the time (she is worse and spells you with U ;) ) And also other young friends 24/7 in TXT short hand. I quite often spend alot of time txting and talking on my mobile in aussie slang, And then I'm on here before bed... And forget the fact that I'am writing posts/ and reports to people across the world. So sometimes I write in slack slang/TXT'ing form.
Sorry again and thanks for correction... I will try harder.
:)
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Equinox wrote:Sorry again and thanks for correction... I will try harder.
:)
Like Simon said, it becomes INCREDIBLY EASY as soon as one uses a spell-checker. Most decent browsers, such as firefox, chrome or opera have a spell-checker embedded in them. I use it all the time. Could not do without it. It is pretty hard to miss that red underlining beneath the misspelled words.

Please anyone: use it. Let's make our forum even more up-standing.

How to: Firefox spell-checker
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Usi ... %20checker

How to: Chrome spell-checker
http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/an ... swer=95604

How to: Opera spell-checker
http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/ ... eed/#spell

How to: Internet Explorer spell-checker
Never-Use-Internet-Explorer! :P
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

nonhocapito wrote:Like Simon said, it becomes INCREDIBLY EASY as soon as one uses a spell-checker. Most decent browsers, such as firefox, chrome or opera have a spell-checker embedded in them. I use it all the time. Could not do without it. It is pretty hard to miss that red underlining beneath the misspelled words.

Please anyone: use it. Let's make our forum even more up-standing.
Agree. Everyone, please use the same care to proofread and edit your own words that you use to think analytically about all this faked media crap.

It really is just basic common courtesy and manners. Please respect your fellow members in this way.