What Is COINTELPRO?

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
diagonal2

What Is COINTELPRO?

Unread post by diagonal2 »

I want to learn more about this so I can better detect people who uses it.

There is one book on Amazon.com about the subject:
http://www.amazon.com/Cointelpro-FBIs-S ... cointelpro

Would any of you recommend this one? I don't know who the author is and I want to be 100% sure that the info I'm provided is correct.

Edited: Second listing was a DvD.
Internot

Re: What Is COINTELPRO?

Unread post by Internot »

Well diagonal2, I'd start by looking into The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations and gain insight about the agenda of social manipulation, because COINTELPRO is a branch from that. It might be the best way to grasp the whole story and overall view of what exactly the intent is when it comes to causing friction and shaping peoples opinions.
I think most books on the subject might be easily riddled with false information and misleading truths, but perhaps someone else knows otherwise.
I, Gestalta

Re: What Is COINTELPRO?

Unread post by I, Gestalta »

Knowing what you most certainly now know, would you expect to learn anything truly substantive about 9/11 through any form of media you could purchase via Amazon?

I think it would be unwise to go into any acquisition of literature on this subject---from any such mainstream site, especially---with the expectation of running into anything other than a bunch of lukewarm, gate-keeping bull. If you are aware that you would most likely be receiving only basic information, limited hangouts and, likely, spin, then I suppose I see no problem with it.

So, in summary, CoIntel is the idea that you can learn about CoIntel through a book prefaced by Noam Chomsky.