Pol Pot "Mass Murders" Entirely Faked?

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
fbenario

Pol Pot "Mass Murders" Entirely Faked?

Unread post by fbenario »

It may very well be the case that the Pol Pot mass murders in Cambodia/Kampuchea were entirely faked. Used as a pawn in the ludicrous "fight against communism".
The History of Cambodia: Pol Pot Revisited

In order to listen to the other side, I travelled to the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, the memorial where the alleged victims were killed and buried. This is a place some 30 km away from Phnom Penh, a neat green park with a small museum, much visited by tourists, the Cambodian . A plaque says that the Khmer Rouge guards would bring some 20 to thirty detainees twice or thrice a month, and kill many of them. For three years, it would amount less than two thousand dead, but another plaque said indeed that they dug up about eight thousand bodies. However, another plaque said there was over a million killed. Noam Chomsky assessed that the death toll in Cambodia may have been inflated “by a factor of a thousand.”

There are no photos of the killings; instead, the humble museum holds a couple of naïve paintings showing a big, strong man killing a small, weak one, in a rather traditional style. Other plaques read: “Here the murderous tools were kept, but nothing remains now” and similar inscriptions. To me, this recalled other CIA-sponsored stories of Red atrocities, be it Stalin’s Terror or the Ukrainian Holodomor. The people now in charge of the US, Europe and Russia want to present every alternative to their rule as inept or bloody or both. They especially hate incorruptible leaders, be it Robespierre or Lenin, Stalin or Mao – and Pol Pot. They prefer leaders keen on graft, and eventually install them. The Americans have an additional good reason: Pol Pot killings serve to hide their own atrocities, the millions of Indochinese they napalmed and strafed.

Cambodians do say that many more people were killed by the invading Vietnamese in 1978; while the Vietnamese prefer to shift the guilt to the Khmer Rouge. But the present government does not encourage this or any other digging into the past, and for good reason: practically all important officials above a certain age were members of the Khmer Rouge, and often leading members. Beside, almost all of them collaborated with the Vietnamese. The present PM, Hun Sen, was a Khmer Rouge commander, and later supported the Vietnamese occupation. When the Vietnamese went home, he remained in power.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-histor ... ed/5308998
Best song from the Concert For Kampuchea. A poor quality video, though the sound ain't bad.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohxFjFGB92I
Farcevalue

Re: Pol Pot "Mass Murders" Entirely Faked?

Unread post by Farcevalue »

I am sure that there are enough deaths associated with violent authoritative regimes to frighten the holdouts into submission. My personal experience, however, and much that I have read about the reluctance of average humans to kill one another, leads to the conclusion that many of the atrocity reports are exaggerated. Far more economical (and less dangerous) to use propaganda rather than actual physical violence to achieve compliance. The best remedy for any sinister, authoritarian, psychopath that wants to control the world is to expose him for what he is, whether he is in a suit, a cap with a red star, or sports a swastika. Every government is a violent institution and each of us always has more to fear from our own than others. Once we recognize thugs for who they are and realize we outnumber them 100 to 1, the game will get easier.
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Fbenario ,

Why do you keep linking to globalresearch ? It's a bullshit site . Why should I care about any ideas coming from this cesspit ?

Noam Chomsky ? Give me a break :)
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

bostonterrierowner wrote:Fbenario ,

Why do you keep linking to globalresearch ? It's a bullshit site . Why should I care about any ideas coming from this cesspit ?

Noam Chomsky ? Give me a break :)
Because my own question about Pol Pot, which I've been pondering for awhile, was today again sparked by seeing that article on Global Research. While that site is obviously not the least bit trustworthy - or even interesting - on psyops, my question is itself asking whether the Pol Pot mess was a psyop. I understand that reasoning sounds circular, but if I had instead posted some generality from Wiki, merely to introduce the subject, you could have criticized me in exactly the same way.

I just wanted to present members with some evidence, to see if the question sparked any further interest in anyone. Sorry my source displeased.
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

@Fbenario

Now I understand but still I think it's a waste of time to even look at Globalresearch :) Unless you are researching the alternative propaganda outlets.

Cambodia is said to have lost 1/4th of its population during Khmer regime . Were these numbers overstated ? Was the whole thing a PsyOp ?

I personally doubt it but being well aware of lies that we are fed with on practically every subject my mind is always open .
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

bostonterrierowner wrote:@Fbenario

Now I understand but still I think it's a waste of time to even look at Globalresearch :) Unless you are researching the alternative propaganda outlets.

Cambodia is said to have lost 1/4th of its population during Khmer regime . Were these numbers overstated ? Was the whole thing a PsyOp ?

I personally doubt it but being well aware of lies that we are fed with on practically every subject my mind is always open .

U.S. bombs dropped on Cambodia from 1969-1974: 2.71 million tons

http://www.khmercity.net/forum/topics/m ... d-cambodia