A collection of fake imagery in the media- Busted.

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
Equinox
Banned

Re: A collection of fake imagery in the media- Busted.

Unread post by Equinox »

JAN 2012- Le Maghreb published a photograph in which the crowd was digitally duplicated to appear even larger.

Link- http://www.fourandsix.com/photo-tamperi ... entPage=14
Description-
After an estimated 8-10,000 people demonstrated in the streets of Tunis to protest extermism and violence, the daily newspaper Le Maghreb published a photograph in which the crowd was digitally duplicated to appear even larger. The manipulation was discovered by readers, who posted online examples of where the same people could be found in multiple locations in the crowd. Zied Krichen, the editor-in-chief of the paper, later said that the image was digitally manipulated by the photographer, and they were unaware of the manipulation when they published the photo.
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

“Is this what NATO did in Libya? “

I’m not biased in whether it’s the Multi Million buck media outlets, or a supposed good guy. Fake imagery to sway an opinion, is still PROPAGANDA. And needs to be called out for the bullshit it is.

Here is one I stumbled across on face book.

It is from the website – Anarchadia
Link-- http://www.anarchadia.com

Description-
Anarchadia is a Non-Profit watch dog journal. An objective source of information, which works at bringing you the best redacted information on the web about current and past events.
Here is the photo I stumbled across….

Here is the caption they used…
Dear Anarchadia,
Post REAL photos....don't post suggestive photos.
You have posted suggestive photos and allowed people who aren't tech-savvy to come to the wrong conclusion. You have a responsibility to educate fellow believers and not mislead them
Using titles like-
“Is this what NATO did in Libya? “
And using a fake CGI image. Goes against all levels of journalistic professionalism.
Cheers. EQ
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

Newspaper websites publish fake bin Laden 'death' pic

The news of the death of Osama bin Laden sent newspaper websites into a frenzy: who could publish a pic of his dead body first?

But in their rush to publish, none of these organisation seems to have checked the authenticity of the picture.

And, more importantly, it's a photoshop job ---- A fake.

Alas, it seems this image has been doing the rounds since at least 2009.
It is thought to have originally been distributed by Pakistani media.

It is said to have been created using an earlier picture of bin Laden and another showing the bloodied face of an unidentified man.
The enhanced photo was reported to have been taken shortly after the al Qaeda’s leader’s body was recovered by US special forces.
It has now been withdrawn from all major media.

At time of writing, each newspaper website has now removed the image.

But why rush to publish without checking it out properly first? Doesn't this event contain enough that is newsworthy already? B)
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

These were touched upon by even some of the well known alternative mainstream sites as their observations of news fakery.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWY14eyMFg

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lWB5ssifTg
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Libero wrote:These were touched upon by even some of the well known alternative mainstream sites as their observations of news fakery.
Where did the "Syrian" get his London English Accent?
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

brianv wrote:
Libero wrote:These were touched upon by even some of the well known alternative mainstream sites as their observations of news fakery.
Where did the "Syrian" get his London English Accent?

It's funny that you mention that, brianv. I can't tell you how many movies I have seen in my life where the person being represented whether they are supposed to be French, Italian, German etc., often has an actor with a British accent. It must be one of the most pleasant accents to the ear and/or best represents the 'European' accent. I'm not sure.