Ukrainian coup d'etat (?)

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
bostonterrierowner

Ukrainian coup d'etat (?)

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

I am starting this thread because things in neighboring Ukraine are clearly getting out of control. We cannot believe any coverage coming from MSM but I ,personally am convinced that there is a CIA inspired coup d'eat going on there. Situation in this big, strategically important and populous country has a potential for serious deterioration with unimaginable consequences for Europe and world as a whole. People are said to be dying in hundreds now and streets of Kiev witness regular battles between "peaceful" protesters and "bloodthirsty" ruling regime. It's not black and white for sure . I am awaiting other members comments. Some photos from onet.pl - Polish MSM outlet :

gwynned

Re: Ukrainian coup d'etat (?)

Unread post by gwynned »

Glad you started this thread. I can't stand looking at the coverage it's so preposterous. Obviously, I have no idea what is really going on there, but what they are presenting is absurd.

It was the lead story on the Today Show. http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukrain ... led-n34276

The photos and footage look like something out of Les Miserables!

The reporter is allegedly at the hotel now being used for triage. They are even using bedsheets!!!! It's been confirmed that at least SOME of the wounds came from live ammunition. Really? He's already seen 3 people die and they keep on coming, but he seems quite unperturbed. Brave man, he is. How did he get there?

And why are the police retreating from the protestors who have nothing but makeshift shields to defend themselves against the 'live ammunition?'
bostonterrierowner

I suspect that foreign, military trained provocateurs are heavily represented among the protesters in Maydan Square along with Ukrainians with special forces training funded by pro American or European oligarchs. Hunting rifles and hand guns are reported to be in the anti government protesters' arsenal even by the mainstream media.
warriorhun

Unread post by warriorhun »

Dear All,

Whatever is happening in the Ukraine, it is too close to my liking. Part of Ukraine is "Kárpátalja" with 200,000 ethnic Hungarians living there (thanks to the evil 1920 Trianon Peace Treaty). If anything happens to them - and I mean killing - then we (Hungary) would have to move in... and we do not even have a proper army... Oh God.

Be that as it may, two interesting stories, one claiming Mossad involvement in the organising of the riots:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ukraine-protes ... up-1436865

The second is - I hope - seems like a typical Media fakery example. Let us call it a "human interest story":
Final post of shot medical volunteer: 'I'm dying'

Anti-government protesters have said a 21-year-old medical volunteer has been shot dead during violent clashes with police in Kiev.

Olesya Zhukovskaya's last post on social network site Vkontakte profile said: "I'm dying".
Olesya Zhukovskaya ‏@OlesyaZhukovska 12 h

Я вмираю
An opposition group claimed that she had died at the "hands of snipers".
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-02- ... -im-dying/

Fuck's sake! I mean, I understand the addiction this new generation of youths developed for social media and tweeting and and all that shit, but this seems so much over the top that it is outright ridiculous... I mean, would you tweet a post "I am dying" while, in fact, you are dying???

On this picture, it is supposed to be the same 21 years old girl (looks 12 to me, more like!?!?):

gwynned

Unread post by gwynned »

Good news! It's another miracle. She survives!
This desperate moment was captured in a photo showing Zhukovska clutching her neck with one hand and her cellphone with the other. The picture garnered more than 6,000 re-tweets in 24 hours, sparking widespread rumors of her death.
Rumors???? But wait....There's a new tweet!
But Zhukovska received emergency surgery and survived.

Her next tweet came Friday: "I am alive! Thanks to everyone who supports and prays for me! I am in a hospital, my condition is stable so far!"
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

BTO, I find it a bit strange that the images you posted appear nowhere else on the internet.

Did that guy lose his skis or something?
bostonterrierowner

@ Brian

I suspect that Western Europe thinks of Ukraine as of some far away land in the far east and doesn't really give a fuck. Things are different in Poland , Ukraine used to be under our rule for centuries, there is a huge Ukrainian diaspora in Poland and most probably this whole mess is being handled mainly by our secret services on behalf of US or EU. Our MSM is almost 100% filled with Ukraine "revolution" . These pictures were created for Polish market and didn't find their way elsewhere probably because western media is fine with what they've got.

The whole coverage is completely fake and absurd , maybe people were killed maybe not. IMHO whole Maydan Square is a restricted area and the perps just perform their act there like on some giant theatrical stage.

I wish I knew someone in Kiev who I could ask but I don't.

Regime change is taking place , one corrupt oligarchy is being replaced by another , I only hope this won't evolve into a civil war or something worse. Ukraine is a resource rich country.

Myths are being created already , my friend's cleaning lady originally from some Ukrainian god forsaken shithole said that 8 people from her town were killed on Maydan on Thursday . My reply was that 8 people from a small village like hers couldn't have died during WWII let alone Maydan , what are the fucking odds :)
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Here is another take on the situation from some Romanian Orthodox Christians:

I'm quoting the whole article because it's not all that long.

It's from here: http://orthodoxviews.wordpress.com/2014 ... orthodoxy/

How do you conquer Orthodoxy?

The recipe has been used over and over, as seen in Yugoslavia and most recently in Ukraine. Instigate brother against brother, divide and then bring the “western freedom” in, or create an “open society” as Soros calls it. Open up the holy places as tourist attraction, restrict access to those who really benefit from it, and make sure you get in as many curious visitors as possible, transforming the holy places of Orthodoxy into Disney-lands – this is World Orthodoxy.

That is exactly what they are currently doing in Ukraine. The most important Orthodox pilgrimage site of Orthodoxy after Mount Athos, the Kiev Caves, are the most important target of the West, and they know it. There is hardly any day in the Orthodox Calendar that goes by not commemorating a saint from the Holy Kiev Caves. The West are very close to getting their hands on this site, and they have known how important this was. So much so that Brzezinski made it quite clear as early as in 1997 that they had to gain control of Ukraine!

http://original.antiwar.com/Chris_Ernes ... e-in-1997/

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world ... 202045.htm

An Orthodox Tsar would recognize as the most important thing being the preservation of Orthodoxy by defending the Kiev Caves. He would understand and believe that by doing that, God would also intervene and offer His divine protection – that is how Orthodox Christianity worked for centuries – by defending God first and foremost, a nation would benefit by His protection.

Unfortunately things do not seem to be heading into this direction, and if the Kiev Caves Holy site falls, the last resistance site, the Holy Mount Athos will certainly fall too. This is the real reason for as to why so many icons are weeping all across Russia and Ukraine.

http://iconreader.wordpress.com/2014/03 ... nd-russia/
guivre

Unread post by guivre »

Keep in mind that Orthodoxy is for a connected Church and State and that they look to Russia as a protector.

The Orthodox Church is traditionally anti NWO. I see the blog refers to Fr. Seraphim Rose quite a lot. He is famous for being an example for all converts to live up to and also as the author of Orthodoxy and the New Religion, which talks about the NWO at length.

None of these machinations are new to Orthodox folks, we've looked at east vs west for a long time.

I really try to keep my religious views outside of this forum. I'm not saying I dislike that blog post, just to look at the context. Look exactly at what you're linking. Do you want weeping icons to be proof of some kind of psyop? I am really struggling to not be disrespectful while I maintain some skepticism, being Orthodox myself.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Guivre, perhaps you misjudged my intention. I am also Orthodox, Russian Church Abroad, same as Fr. Seraphim. By the way, the book is called 'Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future' and I encourage anyone interested in comprehending current events to track down a copy and read it. I should warn though that recent re-issues have been censored by the world Orthodox publishers who now have the rights to it. All the more reason to read his works, I'd say. I even have a pdf copy of the final series of lectures he gave that the church now refuses to publish. If you'd like a copy, email me - [email protected] - and I'll send you one, or anyone else who may be interested. I cannot overstate it's value, no matter what your beliefs.

I thought bostonterrierowner did a fine job of summing up the political/intelligence side of this event and I thought I would provide another viewpoint that many members might not be aware of - the existence of sacred sites in the area and the matter of Putin and his reality show punch on with America and the west, while the world Orthodox church colludes with both sides to capture the ancient holy places.

When NATO bombed Serbia in 1999 I was able to help a few people see the media manipulation of that event by pointing out that Muslim refugees fleeing evil Serbs would not be making the sign of the cross, that's what Serbian refugees would be doing. NATO clearly targeted churches and other holy places with it's bombs and missiles at that time and there is no doubt that was a part of the reason for the attack, among other things of course. This destruction of anything ancient, sacred or cultural meaningful is a part of every one of these wars and revolts. Look at the museums in Iraq, or the so called Taliban destroying the giant Buddhas in Afghanistan. This is a revolutionary age, and the imposition of the new order rests on the total annihilation of the old one, and whether or not you subscribe to the concept of a 'holy place,' it's still going to have to be factored into our thinking because so many people do, and our enemies understand this perfectly.

I hope this helps to clarify my position.
daozen

Unread post by daozen »

Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Gory pictures from the Odessa Labor House:
http://let-them-know.livejournal.com/2594.html
bostonterrierowner

What do you think about this video ? Ukrainian army POWs captured by the "separatists" in Donetsk, taken to the streets so the civilians have the opportunity to "thank" them for shelling their houses and killing their relatives.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF2va3BKJeg

I have no idea what's happening in Eastern Ukraine but something must be going on. I know first hand that people get drafted there ( Ukraine ) .

Video looks a bit staged, especially marching the POWs (?) on a public road. What about the dead(?) bodies thrown out of the SUV's trunk?