CHEMTRAILS and HAARP - mystery solved?

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: CHEMTRAILS and HAARP - mystery solved?

Unread post by simonshack »

GPS : 18KM OPERATIONAL LIMIT???

I have been digging a little into some technical aspects of GPS technology these days. At one point (and since my working hypothesis is that GPS works thanks to the aluminum/barium salts sprayed by airplanes at, say, no more than 15 - 20 km of altitude) I asked myself: do GPS devices carried in high-altitude balloons work at even higher altitudes - as they obviously should ? (GPS satellites are said to orbit at about 20.200km)

(Current world record for unmanned balloons: 53km
Sanriku Balloon Center at Ofunato City, in Japan on May 23, 2002)

http://global.jaxa.jp/article/interview/vol42/p2_e.html

Before proceeding, I just wish to remind the reader about the very basics / essentials of how we are told that GPS technology works - in layman's terms. Let me just use a segment of this article published on The Economist:
"In essence, GPS works by measuring the time it takes a radio signal from a satellite to reach a receiver on the ground. Each satellite continuously broadcasts a signal that gives its position and the time. A GPS receiver compares its own time with the satellite's time, and uses the difference between the two to calculate the distance. Taking measurements from four satellites allows the receiver to pinpoint latitude, longitude and altitude, and to correct for errors in its clock, which is not nearly so precise (or costly) as the clocks in the satellites. The problem is simply one of solid geometry: finding the point of intersection of four spheres, each centred on one of the satellites." - Read more at: http://www.economist.com/node/1020779
Now, here is what we can read on the GPS Wikipedia page, in a paragraph titled "Restrictions for civilian use" (of GPS receivers):

Restrictions for civilian use:
The U.S. government controls the export of some civilian receivers. All GPS receivers capable of functioning above 18 kilometers (11 mi) altitude and 515 meters per second (1,001 kn) or designed, modified for use with unmanned air vehicles like e.g. ballistic or cruise missile systems are classified as munitions (weapons) for which State Department export licenses are required.

Basically, what they are saying is that any airborne GPS receiver flying HIGHER than 18km (11m) or moving FASTER than 515m/s (or 1,001knots) needs special permission by the US State Dept. One has to wonder how & why they chose these peculiar numbers ... but let's get on.

So I wondered: what about civilian / amateur air balloons? Will their GPS receivers just stop functioning above 18km (or 60.000ft) of altitude? Nah, I thought to myself...that cannot possibly be the case. It was therefore quite a 'shock' to me to learn that this has, apparently, indeed been the case - and has been a topic hotly discussed on Air Balloon Forums for many years. Here's a website (last updated in 2009) which was trying to keep track of the rare few GPS devices which, reportedly, had managed to surpass the 18km altitude limit :
GPS RECEIVERS vs 60KFT - by Ralph Wallio http://showcase.netins.net/web/wallio/G ... s60kft.htm
"The 60kft limit (aka 18km) is one of the three vehicle dynamics limitations placed on GPS receivers for we civilian unwashed, altitude, vehicle velocity and acceleration. GPS receiver manufacturers are allowed some leeway to juggle the values of these limits to serve their markets so details vary between manufacturers, between models from the same manufacturer and even between software versions in the same model. The 60kft (18km) upper limit of controlled airspace is the altitude limit most often used."
Here are a couple Q&A forums which discuss the nagging issue (you will have to check them out - so as to fully grasp the issue) :

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/gps-m ... h-altitude

http://electronics.stackexchange.com/qu ... er-balloon

Ok, so today it seems that there now exist some GPS devices which will keep functioning above the bizarre 18km limit.

The UK High Altitude Society now says that there are ... three of them (one wonders what clearance you'd need to get one):
At present there are 3 GPS Modules that are regularly used by UKHAS balloon flights. These modules use an AND statement rather than OR for their COCOM limits. This allows them to be used in high altitude balloon flights as they continue to function above 18km (60,000ft) as long as it doesn't exceed 515 m/s (which our balloon/payloads hopefully don't!).
http://ukhas.org.uk/guides:gps_modules?s
But here is my point: WHY would the DoD / US Department EVER have needed to set an altitude limit for manufacturers of GPS receivers? Were they afraid of terrorists using Hot Air Balloons to strike American cities? :rolleyes:

Or is it because - perhaps - GPS doesn't work too well at altitudes above 18km ? And if so, could this mean that GPS signals are bounced off the aluminum / barium clouds sprayed by those pesky "chemtrail"-spraying airplanes?
Last edited by brianv on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo
lux

Unread post by lux »

I have a general question about this. Where I live (So. California) there are days when chemtrails are heavy and days when they are non-existent (by all appearances) and days of everything in between. Yet my GPS (which I use almost daily) works the same every day, with or without chemtrails. How can this be explained?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

lux wrote:I have a general question about this. Where I live (So. California) there are days when chemtrails are heavy and days when they are non-existent (by all appearances) and days of everything in between. Yet my GPS (which I use almost daily) works the same every day, with or without chemtrails. How can this be explained?
I have a couple ways.

Explanation one: GPS has the fuck all to do with chemtrails. It's just a bunch of antennae relays with a particular encoding discernible to that system.

Explanation two: GPS, like other near range communications, do make use of chemtrails, but not always. Why? As we've been discussing, it's largely about the ionosphere. NASA and NOAA have explained on the web that the ionosphere shifts in distance from Earth's surface by upwards of hundreds of kilometers. My guess is that we only see the civilian information from the meteorological component of the military, i.e.; weather patterns and your local friendly human-like drone pre-digesting the forecast that has been given to them. Ionosphere patterns that specifically affect communications may be viewable on some military or communications sites, but would they also include the pattern for spraying? I doubt it. So perhaps they use similar prognostic and measuring tools as weather folks do, perhaps using HAARP-looking stations with ionosphere detecting equipment, spraying when they need to get the ionosphere adjusted lower and leaving it be when the ionosphere is already where it needs to be. Perhaps it's akin to steering a glacier using tugboats. It's partially calculated where it's going to float and partially spontaneous reaction to sudden changes. Maybe newer technology like HAARP even does something to slow down or prevent sudden changes but chemtrails are still the "go to" method of habit. America's freight train system is also an archaic creaking remnant of a bygone era, yet we rely on it more heavily than we think about in our daily lives.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

lux wrote:I have a general question about this. Where I live (So. California) there are days when chemtrails are heavy and days when they are non-existent (by all appearances) and days of everything in between. Yet my GPS (which I use almost daily) works the same every day, with or without chemtrails. How can this be explained?
Dear Lux,

To answer your question, I guess we would need to know what we may call the half-life of any given amount of vaporized aluminum-barium being sprayed. In this case, "half-life" would take on the meaning of : "for how long does an 'alu-barium cloud' linger in the sky (at a given altitude) before it abates / falls to the ground and loses its GPS-signal reflecting capacity?"

Well, firstly - I'd guess extremely small particles will stay suspended for several days (or weeks?)- depending on the local weather conditions. And secondly - I wouldn't think that they need to keep a constant / homogeneous concentration of alu-barium over all inhabitated lands of this planet - at all times. As the aforementioned 1958 experiment (OPERATION SMOKE PUFF) showed, the radio signals 'hitting' that man-made phosphorous cloud would scatter in all directions. Presumably, today's GPS signals would then bounce off towards the nearest "line-of-sight /over-the-horizon"" sister cloud. The "chemtrail" clouds may just be 'high-reflectivity/suspended-islands', i.e. patches of vaporized alu-barium being periodically created - as need be, on a military-monitored 'refilling' schedule (in a rotating geographic pattern).

EDIT TO ADD:
Here's an interesting article - recommended reading for the purpose of our current discussions:
HF makes a comeback
Once pushed aside by satellite communications, this radio type still is relevant for over-the-horizon communications.

"HF skywave links often are point-to-point, but they can be omnidirectional if such an antenna is used. Because the geometry is that of a single reflection, there always will be a “doughnut hole” of no coverage called the skip region, where radio waves are not returned back to the earth." http://urgentcomm.com/mobile-voice-mag/ ... s-comeback
To put it very simply, could it be that "chemtrails" are sprayed whenever / wherever (& for whatever reasons) such undesirable "doughnut holes" weaken / threaten / cripple the propagation / refraction of high frequency, so-called 'satellite' GPS signals ? < ("More precisely, all satellites broadcast at 1575.42 MHz (this is the L1 signal) and 1227.6 MHz (the L2 signal)."
Starbucked

Unread post by Starbucked »

The use of the ionosphere and chem-trails for a GPS system really seems like a logical idea, especially when compared to -
The current GPS configuration consists of a network of 24 satellites in high orbits around the Earth. Each satellite in the GPS constellation orbits at an altitude of about 20,000 km from the ground, and has an orbital speed of about 14,000 km/hour . . .
Each satellite carries with it an atomic clock that "ticks" with an accuracy of 1 nanosecond (1 billionth of a second). . . .
To achieve this level of precision, the clock ticks from the GPS satellites must be known to an accuracy of 20-30 nanoseconds. However, because the satellites are constantly moving relative to observers on the Earth, effects predicted by the Special and General theories of Relativity must be taken into account :blink: to achieve the desired 20-30 nanosecond accuracy. . . .
A prediction of General Relativity is that clocks closer to a massive object will seem to tick more slowly than those located further away (see the Black Holes lecture). :o
http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~po ... 5/gps.html

If you want to believe in this science fiction, it would probably help if you believed that the universe was once an infinitely tiny and dense ball and then there was a Big Bang.

Occam's Razor says what again?
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Perhaps totally unrelated but it occurred to me also that Simon's Cloud might explain why Concorde was faken out of service - supersonics might be detrimental to the "cloud". Still looking for some photos that I took some years back which show sunshine through a fractal "fog", the particles appear to "line up" in a moire type effect, possibly because they have been charged or ionised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moir%C3%A9_pattern

Perhaps and just perhaps, the contrails from airplanes makes the particle cloud visible - and not the cause!!
elmoastro

Unread post by elmoastro »

I'd like to comment on "Operation Smoke Puff". The puzzle is coming together. In a simple If/Then scenario we can explain the how AND why the perps do what they do.

I think it's safe to say that for most of the hoaxes, we have come to see media & government corporations (i.e. mitre, disney, etc) as the major culprit.

Media: TeleVision, Radio, Hollywood, Lookout Mountain Laboratory, Cable & Satellite (haha), now smartphones, YouTube, Netflix, viral video, and on and on as technology delivers new methods of neural programming and belief shaping.

If: Satellites are a hoax, and
If: NASA itself is a hoax, and
If: Rockets have historically been used to deliver puff clouds for radio frequency propagation.

Then: It is possible ALL of the NASA & affiliates' rocket launches are for the sole purpose of cloud seeding for radio propagation.

The satellite scheme obscures the true reason for the funding. It collects both public and private funds to pay for all of rocket launches and fund NASA's existence under the guise of science and satellite payloads.

NASA is the Disney "reality show" hollywood-esque component that allows them to perform ionospheric manipulation unhindered and unchallenged.

In regards to Lux's comment on California chemtrails, I would add this to the discussion.

We must assume the aircraft dispensing the aluminum-barium is releasing it at a specific point of origin. The path or pattern it takes we can assume to be calculated as well using weather prediction data.

So while Lux is using his GPS, his barium and aluminum are traveling a designated or desired path, all within the parameters of their historical experimentation and projected weather pattern data.

We can also assume that the metals do not stay together as a cloud or a blanket, but electro-chemically ATTRACT to airborne water molecules and vapor. It may even start an electro-magnetic reaction causing a greater and more effective coverage.

My guess is that rockets were the original and historically only decent delivery method. Now that they have perfected airborne particle delivery, it has become more cost effective to use many cheaper aircraft versus a singe massively expensive rocket launch.

Just my thoughts, open to discussion/disagreement.

*edited to add the word "frequency" to "If: Rockets have historically been used to deliver puff clouds for radio frequency propagation.
Last edited by elmoastro on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hoi.polloi

Okay, then, since the debate is going on I would submit this message from "Jim Hollander" in Asia, from fakeologist.com:
Living in Asia, I never see chemtrails. We hardly get contrails except in winter when the atmospheric conditions are right. I’m looking for these chemtrails but I can’t find them.

GPS works perfectly.

Next time I travel outside Asia I will look for chemtrails, but trust me, they are not out here.
http://fakeologist.com/2015/01/07/chem- ... /#comments

I don't know what he means by "Asia" (or where in the enormous continent he refers to) but I agree that they are not as present in far East Asian countries I've visited. If the implication is that no (or far less regular) chemical dumping programs are active because chemtrails are actually all just contrails, I don't know if I would accept his testimony. However, it's true that I was quite happily enjoying clear blue skies over the far East and there is — without a doubt — a much higher density and concentration of much more frequent communications activities in the richest Asian countries. It seems the inventions largely appeared there first, after all. And don't all countries more or less operate with the same GPS technology, if not phone technology? Perhaps, like the ozone layer, the ionosphere takes on a particular overall fluctuating shape to it that necessitates manipulation only by Anglo/Western countries. I doubt it, but I think what we must be noticing is some geographic and/or cultural difference. There is a pretty big difference between those possibilities.

Does the greater invisibility of contrails in one patch of sky also imply invisibility of chemtrails in the same area? Chemtrails are supposed to be more visible, spread out and linger longer. Do they not exist (as much) in Asia?

If that's the wrong trail, do chemtrails specifically help certain communication bands? Could the chemtrails aid in monitoring communications or doing something otherwise culturally specific, implying — if they are more frequent over Anglo/Western cities — that only Western governments would insist on their use?
Makkonen

Unread post by Makkonen »

There are plenty of videos of chemtrails filmed in different Asian countries, so I don't know why that person would claim something like that. "Living in Asia" is kind of an odd thing to write for a sweeping (and erroneous) generalization about an area's phenomena.
elmoastro

Unread post by elmoastro »

The market in "Asia" may not be cost effective for chemtrail use. Let's say for argument sake that TeleVision is the main reason for chemtrails and GPS is either right up there with it or a secondary beneficiary. Given that European nations have been reported to have chemtrails, it may mean that it is most desirable to have them there. Other markets" may not have the right criteria for the perps to benefit from spraying in those areas. Or they just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'd wager it's economics. It could be that the money derived from fear-based programming & entertainment has a better ROI in more economically developed countries. If TeleVision is the best known medium for mass social programming, then it stands that resources be put into the biggest, most consumer-driven markets.

Assuming that, I could see that chemtrails would be spread in areas with a higher consumer base and economic means to spend. The next new chemtrail sightings may just be the next best market to tap.
hoi.polloi

I am not sure why, but that rings true for me — not necessarily about generic spending but something about the particular shape of the government's design of different countries' economies.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

Simon, has anybody figured out how you could calculate your location using signals reflected from the ionosphere?

Without reflection the calculation is very easy, just finding the intersection of spheres.
But with reflection it gets much more complicated.

Figuring this out would not only tell if it is feasible or not.
We could also predict how many "satellites" we need to calcuate a location.
We would know if the GPS manufacturers had to be aware of the hoax (probably).
And possibly we could find a way to analyze the GPS signal to conclude if this method is used.

This can suggest a possible mechanism:
Another important predecessor to GPS came from a different branch of the United States military. In 1964, the United States Army orbited its first Sequential Collation of Range (SECOR) satellite used for geodetic surveying.[17] The SECOR system included three ground-based transmitters from known locations that would send signals to the satellite transponder in orbit. A fourth ground-based station, at an undetermined position, could then use those signals to fix its location precisely. The last SECOR satellite was launched in 1969.[18] Decades later, during the early years of GPS, civilian surveying became one of the first fields to make use of the new technology, because surveyors could reap benefits of signals from the less-than-complete GPS constellation years before it was declared operational. GPS can be thought of as an evolution of the SECOR system where the ground-based transmitters have been migrated into orbit.
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System

If it was used by surveyors it must have been very accurate.
What if there was no satellite transponder and it was only reflection from the ionosphere?
UNreal

Unread post by UNreal »

"In essence, GPS works by measuring the time it takes a radio signal from a satellite to reach a receiver on the ground. Each satellite continuously broadcasts a signal that gives its position and the time. A GPS receiver compares its own time with the satellite's time, and uses the difference between the two to calculate the distance. Taking measurements from four satellites allows the receiver to pinpoint latitude, longitude and altitude, and to correct for errors in its clock, which is not nearly so precise (or costly) as the clocks in the satellites. The problem is simply one of solid geometry: finding the point of intersection of four spheres, each centred on one of the satellites." - Read more at: http://www.economist.com/node/1020779
Chemtrails are very hard to figure out entirely, and I'm inclined to believe that Hoi Polloi's suggestion that this program, in addition to the initial communications functions, has evolved over time.

However, on the subject of GPS and mapping, I find it particularly interesting that in addition to Simon's discovery of the 1958 operation "SMOKE PUFF" there has been other military fantasies that can be feasible with the gigantious Chemtrails program.

Smart Dust is a military fantasy of a future where tiny machines sense the environment, perform data processing and communicate to serve military purposes as well as to be of medical and industrial use.

So, if the Chemtrails program has evolved over time, have the military reached the capability to enhance the metal-particles as to be of use in the Smart Dust mapping of the planet ?

This could not only be why GPS does not work above a certain altitude, but also how Google earth really works and why they can 3d map to such an elaborate degree (unless satellites are real of course,,,)

What is certain is that the United States Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the Research and Development Corporation (RAND) both have dedicated ressources to this research.

--
The Form, Function, and Future of Smart Dust 2007
hoi.polloi

I don't think "satellite" data, were it to be real, or high altitude airplane data would be superior to 3D accuracy from lasers and typical surveying procedures.

But smart dust may be a thing.

The more I think about this, and the inconsistency of the spraying around the world, the more I want to lean to the drug angle or some other specific communications issue. Why are there so many cities that do not spray?
UNreal

Unread post by UNreal »

screenshot taken from Google Earth over China on my laptop tonight

If the Chemtrails have been enhanced with Smart Dust capability, it could also be a clue as to why the spraying is less abundant in military strongholds such as China, Russia etc.
As the image above shows, there are many "poorly" defined areas in China compared to in the western world with our "Allied" forces. It can also be considered whether the presence or not of HAARP-like installations would affect the quantity of spraying or the necessary dispersion of Claytronics.

--
Blurred Out: 51 Things You Aren't Allowed to See on Google Maps