What is Government? What is Anarchy?

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
TwoWeeks

Re: What is Government? What is Anarchy?

Unread post by TwoWeeks »

edgewaters wrote:
Observer wrote:Power corrupts absolutely. Correct?

So nobody can be allowed to have power over others. Ever.
And who enforces this rule? :lol:
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but those that have power must enforce it. If you don't have power, there's nothing to enforce. Bruh.

I'm just going to

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbjDAxdvVxo

leave these

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ9HUvWb_-4

here.

TwoWeeks, please post your introduction as required of all new members here, thanks — Maat
Observer
Banned

Unread post by Observer »

Look, I'm trying to be quiet now, since I have already said enough.
But is frustrating to see Brian's logical statements (and now mine)
being accidentally or purposefully misconstrued by various posters.

7,000,000,000 humans need to stop GIVING power to 100 humans.
It's simple: one human should NEVER give power to another human.

When one human tries to mentally FOOL another human into giving up their sovereignty,
each human should RIDICULE (at the very least) such fraudulent attempts at power taking.

When one human tries to physically FORCE another human into giving up their sovereignty,
each human should DEFEND their own individual sovereignty with lethal self-defense-force.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

TwoWeeks wrote:Not to burst your bubble or anything, but those that have power must enforce it. If you don't have power, there's nothing to enforce. Bruh.
It´s true that the definition of anarchism is much more complex than it tends to be presented.

However, I don´t think you are bursting anyone´s bubble. The crux of the question is not whether people are able to freely abstain from power, but what it takes to prevent ambitious individuals or groups from acquiring enough power to steamroll you and subjugate your otherwise state-free society.

Edgewaters was pointing out an inherent contradiction, as in the famous absolute statement: "Everything is relative!"

By the way, have we been introduced?
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

I’ve always thought hierarchies were best illustrated by this “Flow Chart”:

What those in power see when they look down; what the rest see when they look up.

“Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.”Will Rogers (1879–1935)

http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ ... rprise-you
Observer
Banned

Unread post by Observer »

Reminds me of this: "People can only shit on you, if you sit there and let them."
The currently-poorer 7,000,000,000 humans (yes, each individual human, of course)
need to stop sitting there meekly allowing the currently-richest few humans to shit on us.
Xious

Unread post by Xious »

I like Marc Stevens' definition of "Government" which goes something like... A group of men or women doing business at the barrel of a gun.

http://marcstevens.net/articles/the-gov ... -hoax.html

Quote:
The Government Hoax

Posted on November 21st, 2006 by Marc Stevens

The government hoax is probably the oldest, most pervasive and stubborn of hoaxes. It’s the belief in non-existent “states” and “nations” and that “government” is both legitimate and necessary. In the geographic area of the North American continent commonly referred to as the “United States,” it’s claimed only “government” can provide the service of protecting “Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.” This is nonsense if only for the reason “government” has no duty to protect anyone and their property.

Another reason is: no service or product should be provided at the barrel of a gun. It’s that simple. There are no exceptions unless one believes people have no rights. If one believes people have no rights then “government” is not “necessary” to “protect” what doesn’t exist. If you believe people have rights, then you don’t “protect” them without their freely given consent. Also, protection is not submission to the violent unaccountable control of another nor is violent domination a legitimate method of doing business. Would you hire people who don’t acknowledge you have property, to protect your property? I wouldn’t: