Engineering 'disease'

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.

Re: Engineering 'disease'

Postby Peter on December 14th, 2017, 1:58 pm

HonestlyNow » December 13th, 2017, 4:33 pm wrote:
Peter wrote:I eat tinned sardines at least, which is the whole fish (minus the tail which I separate). And it's raw.

From wicked-pedia:
Sardines are canned in many different ways. At the cannery, the fish are washed, their heads are removed, and the fish are cooked, either by deep-frying or by steam-cooking, after which they are dried. They are then packed in either olive, sunflower, or soybean oil, water, or in a tomato, chili, or mustard sauce.

Thanks for that, so not as healthy as I thought. I don’t like the sound of deep frying. Still much better than the average diet but I’ll buy fresh sardines next time. Other fish I mostly buy fresh.

You are the raw foodist iirc. Well I’ve got great news for you – we’ve been cooking for millions of years and it's OK. Collections of charred animal bones have been found, and even a hearth, although the hearth was only 500,000 years old. Plenty of time for ourselves to be the evolutionary product of cooked foods and, ironically to the raw vegans, a departure from that is therefore unnatural.

Animal defences – claws, teeth – we can easily get around. Not so with vegetables. Many can have poison in every cell, to kill insects and small predators. They don’t kill us but they don’t do us any good. Unless we cook them. This makes more nutrients absorbable as well as nulifying poisons. A small percentage can be eaten raw, and there are some nutrients that are harmed by cooking. I go on taste and effect as well – your instincts and senses are usually free of all the manias and delusions of your frontal lobes eg diet faddism. Cooking also allowed our brainy ancestors to eat gone-off meat which may have saved them, although now we have the luxury of rejecting that. Cooking food is part of homo sapiens.
Last edited by Peter on December 14th, 2017, 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter

Postby Peter on December 14th, 2017, 2:11 pm

Sharpstuff says "In the event, I will no longer participate in this thread as it is going nowhere positive."

That's good news tbh. Your last post (from which I took the above sentence) was incomprehensible, and people who are unable to bend an inch in the light of new info are boring to read.
Last edited by Peter on December 14th, 2017, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Postby Peter on December 14th, 2017, 2:30 pm

As I annoyed someone talking about our ancient past earlier: I mention evolution sometimes because in this world of hoaxes and disconnect I think it's essential to work out what we are. A Catholic once told me that Catholic scientists mostly believe in evolution but just think that God started it all off. Who knows, that might be right, but it shows that the two are not incompatible. I have found that the most intelligent believers don't believe in the literal exactness of biblical time spans. (Just as well, as there is so much that is contradictory it would make a true literalist go mad).
Peter

Postby simonshack on December 14th, 2017, 10:12 pm

Dear sharpstuff,

that last post of yours was truly messy. Since you are the OP of this thread, I find it odd that you would be so careless with regards to your own thread.

A couple of members have been mailing me in private suggesting I lock this thread for a while as it has, for some reason, triggered some quite uncharacteristic bickering and ill-feelings between our forum members which, allow me to say, I deplore. Perhaps a little "let's-all-be-nice-coz-it's-xmas" rest is in order.

See, the last thing I wish for this forum to 'generate and diffuse' - is anxiety, in any of its forms or shapes. This thread has, alas, not met this criteria.

I also have to say that I never imagined this forum featuring dietary theories / or counseling of any kind. On the other hand, I'll admit to have read almost every single post here (as the coscientious moderator that I am...) - and even with a fair amount of interest, since I'm getting on with the years - and hope to live as long as possible on this beautiful planet. However, don't get me wrong: I am well aware that the Nutwork (and their Big Pharma buddies) conspire to engineer diseases - for their own profit. In this view, exposing their execrable antics here on this forum is not a bad thing.

Now, since I've been eating - and always have been - pretty much EVERY KIND of food that has been mentioned on this thread, including canned sardines (as well as fasting for days on various occasions) while keeping reasonably fit and healthy, I will just pray the Heavens that I may keep doing so for another few decades - without turning into a vegetable all-too-early.

This said, season's greetings to all - and keep fit as best you can ! :)

simonshack
Administrator

Previous

Return to General World Affairs