Devolving Darwin (Evolution and other flawed origin stories)

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.

Re: Devolving Darwin (Evolution and other flawed origin stor

Postby patrix on May 9th, 2017, 2:50 pm

Flabbergasted » May 9th, 2017, 2:17 pm wrote:
patrix wrote:It's interesting to note how a controversial subject diet really is.

I don´t have problems with your observations on human diet (many of which are reasonable enough), nor do I reject the possibility that the WHO/FAO/WTO food pyramid is a scam. I was commenting on your fantastical evolutionary scenarios. After all, the thread is about Darwinism and other flawed origin stories.

I see. So "All that sushi you´ve been eating has spirited you into la-la land." was just your way of saying that you think is way to speculative to suggest that a seafood diet (rich in Omega 3 fatty acids) could promote brain growth over time? http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2 ... me/page-01
patrix

Postby Flabbergasted on May 9th, 2017, 4:18 pm

patrix wrote:So "All that sushi you´ve been eating has spirited you into la-la land." was just your way of saying that you think is way to speculative to suggest that a seafood diet (rich in Omega 3 fatty acids) could promote brain growth over time?

If by "growth over time" you mean the emergence of novel structures, systems and functions (rather than a mere increase in volume, or swelling, or improved tissue repair), then the answer is yes: it was an attempt to call out the nonsense of the idea, with a tad of humor.

Novel systems and functions require the addition of novel information to the genome.

The article you linked to claims the ingestion of omega-3 fatty acids can "optimize many facets of brain function", "reverse aspects of neurologic aging" and "combat mental disorders". It does not propose our genetic makeup is altered by a change in diet. A sentence like "the growth, development, and function[ing] of the human brain" is a description of the individual´s life cycle, not a reference to qualitative changes in brain architecture over time.
Flabbergasted

Postby HonestlyNow on May 10th, 2017, 3:21 am

patrix wrote:It's interesting to note how a controversial subject diet really is. I don't want to step on any toes, and I am speculating. I think that is pretty necessary to try and get to the bottom of these kind of subjects. And yes, I happen to suspect veganism is a psyop, and seeing these kind of in my opinion emotional out-lashes strengthens that suspicion.

See reply in this Chatbox post.
HonestlyNow

Re: Re2: Devolving Darwin (Evolution and other flawed origin

Postby Seneca on May 10th, 2017, 8:52 am

Flabbergasted » 09 May 2017, 17:18 wrote:
patrix wrote:So "All that sushi you´ve been eating has spirited you into la-la land." was just your way of saying that you think is way to speculative to suggest that a seafood diet (rich in Omega 3 fatty acids) could promote brain growth over time?

If by "growth over time" you mean the emergence of novel structures, systems and functions (rather than a mere increase in volume, or swelling, or improved tissue repair), then the answer is yes: it was an attempt to call out the nonsense of the idea, with a tad of humor.

Novel systems and functions require the addition of novel information to the genome.

The article you linked to claims the ingestion of omega-3 fatty acids can "optimize many facets of brain function", "reverse aspects of neurologic aging" and "combat mental disorders". It does not propose our genetic makeup is altered by a change in diet. A sentence like "the growth, development, and function[ing] of the human brain" is a description of the individual´s life cycle, not a reference to qualitative changes in brain architecture over time.

"Novel systems and functions require the addition of novel information to the genome."

This is exactly what Eugene McCarthy tries to explain with his hypothesis that humans are of hybrid origin.
http://www.macroevolution.net/human-origins.html
He argues that humans inherited their genetic information both from an animal similar to a chimpanzee and from another mammal. He documented about 100 traits that we share with that other mammal but not with chimpanzees. Conventional science argues that all these traits arose independently during human evolution and similarities are all coincidences or "convergent evolution"
A few of the traits we have in common with this other mammal could explain why our brain is larger than that of chimpanzees, even when the animal itself doesn't have a brain larger than chimpanzees:

McCarthy argues that at birth there is not much difference in the size of the brain between humans and apes, if you compare it to total body weight. For both it is around 12%.
But the brain in a human child keeps growing for a longer time than that of a chimpanzee. There is a good reason why a chimpanzee brain should stop growing. Like all cells, brain cells produce heat but they can be damaged when the temperature is too high. Chimpanzees don't have a cooling system for their brains, all the excess heat has to move by convection through the skull. This places a limit on the size the brain can have without overheating.
I will explain this:
The amount of heat that can be transferred out of the brain in a certain amount of time is proportional to its surface area. The amount of heat generated by the brain is proportional to its volume. When an object becomes larger its volume increases more rapidly than its surface area.(for example for a sphere: volume is proportional to R³, surface is proportional to R²). So if the brain becomes a certain size, it can't be cooled properly. Unless it had an improved cooling mechanism. Simon will know this because it is the same with car engines.

McCarthy shows that humans do have a cooling mechanism that chimpanzees lack, whereby blood flows through the brain to the skin, where excess heat can be given off. These traits are rather uncommon but are on his list of about 100 traits I mentioned earlier.
Seneca

Postby patrix on May 10th, 2017, 9:36 am

Seneca » May 10th, 2017, 8:52 am wrote:McCarthy argues that at birth there is not much difference in the size of the brain between humans and apes, if you compare it to total body weight. For both it is around 12%.
But the brain in a human child keeps growing for a longer time than that of a chimpanzee. There is a good reason why a chimpanzee brain should stop growing. Like all cells, brain cells produce heat but they can be damaged when the temperature is too high. Chimpanzees don't have a cooling system for their brains, all the excess heat has to move by convection through the skull. This places a limit on the size the brain can have without overheating.

Very interesting. Like a boy with a hammer seeing only nails, this of course strengthens the AAT. ;) Being in cooler water eating omega 3 rich food allowed our human ancestors brains to grow.
patrix

Postby pov603 on May 10th, 2017, 10:31 am

It is curious that, although the modern theory of evolution has its source in Charles Darwin’s great book On the Origin of Species (1859), the word evolution does not appear in the original text at all. In fact, Darwin seems deliberately to have avoided using the word evolution, preferring to refer to the process of biological change as ‘transmutation’.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2015/05/evolution-etymology/
pov603

Postby Flabbergasted on May 10th, 2017, 2:34 pm

Seneca wrote:He argues that humans inherited their genetic information both from an animal similar to a chimpanzee and from another mammal.

I won´t carry the argument any further to avoid repetition. The above idea was refuted by dblitz on the first page of the thread:
Ultimately, the question of origins goes right back to the first life. This can't be explained by evolution or hybridisation because both require reproducing organisms to occur.
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... 5#p2403192

Selection, hybridization and mutation (whatever mechanisms you claim for them) presuppose the existence of a viable genome to be selected, hybridized or corrupted.

The genome is not unlike a 1000-page novel with well-defined characters and a meaningful and effective plot. Even if blind forces could merge "Hickory, Dickory Dock" and "Baa Baa Black Sheep" into a colossal upgrade, something along Dostoyevsky´s "Brothers Karamazov", modern science remains clueless as to the origin of the genetic information which you believe can be, or has been, commingled.
Last edited by Flabbergasted on May 11th, 2017, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flabbergasted

Postby simonshack on May 11th, 2017, 12:34 am

°

Hey everyone!

Ironically enough, this thread (on my own forum) fills me with dire terror! Or maybe I should call it "evolution terror". And this, just as I thought that this very forum was ALL about shredding our various fears of living in this mad world of ours.

See, having lived in the below-mentioned places, my lifetime diet has included the FOLLOWING FOODS:

- In Sicily (where I grew up) I ate plenty of fish, mussles, clams, pasta, meat, goat cheese, tomatoes, fruits, nuts and vegetables.

-In Switzerland (where I lived for too many a year) I ate loads of cow chesse, chocolate, wheat, potatoes and fatty / processed foods.

-In the midlands of Great Britain (five years) I survived by cooking my own breakfasts before exiting my home (yet it included the classic British ingredients of eggs, bacon, tomatoes, toasted bread, baked beans, etc.) - and my - uh- "favourite" - eating places outside home were those atrociously oily Fish & Chips joints ! (I wish the British people learned how to cook.)

-In Norway (where I went EVERY summer of my younger years) I ate fish, berries, more fish, crabs, lobsters, shrimps - and yet MORE fish.

- In Sweden I ingurgitated tons of milk, sour milk, butter, creamy dairy products - as well as delicious pig's blood (blodpudding, yummy!), along with all sorts of wheat products (and tremendously sugar-saturated sweets such as "polkagrisar".)

- In Africa I ate truckloads of delicious fruits, vegs and nuts of all kinds - as there wasn't much else to be found in the market places.

- In my Far-East travels, for several months (Philippines/Hong Kong/China/ Indonesia) I ate everything imaginable, often straight out of the cheap, crummy & spicy sidewalk-stands, and yes, even snake-soup and chicken feet - yet got sick only once.

-In the USA (which I last visited in 1999 - just as the "MATRIX" movie was released, btw!), I tried to adapt to the "hamburger-&-fried-chicken-culture" - yet ended up gobbling Mexican tacos and enchiladas. (I also wish that Americans learned how to cook.)

- In France, I ate frog legs and snails. Oui, croyez-moi! Escargots et cuisses de grenouilles!

- In central Italy (where I now live) I eat just about everything that my friends and myself feel like eating (either cooked or raw) - and that includes practically all of the above.

The BIg Question is :

How long have I got to live? ^_^

Oh wait: did I post this in the wrong thread? Ah well - it seems that "human evolution", the "food chain" and "engineering disease" all go hand in hand...
simonshack
Administrator

Postby pov603 on May 11th, 2017, 11:48 am

No idea but you have made me hungry!
pov603

Postby simonshack on May 11th, 2017, 2:59 pm

pov603 » May 11th, 2017, 10:48 am wrote:No idea but you have made me hungry!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Buon appetito, pov dear!
simonshack
Administrator

Postby agraposo on May 13th, 2017, 12:31 am

I'm a bit late into this debate, but, have you realized that Eugene McCarthy's ridiculous theory says that humans parents are the chimpanzee and ... the pig! ?

Well, some months ago I discussed health and diet issues with friends, and we ended up discussing Darwin's evolution theory. The fact is that Darwin himself in his book dedicates a lot of pages acknowledging the fallacies of his own theory, and says that the problem is due to the lack of accurate geological records (fossils). After 158 years, the fossils for the intermediate species are still missing, so I think it's safe to discard the whole evolution theory.

Besides, it is easy to demonstrate how the science !? of paleontology is full of fake fossils and theories. It's amazing how paleontologists pretend us to believe that birds evolved from dinosaurs!

Consult for example the story of Ernst Haeckel embryo drawings.
agraposo

Postby agraposo on May 13th, 2017, 1:23 am

Regarding the diet/health issue and its relation to longevity, I want to say a few words.

I can't quote here at length all the authors whose books I've read during the last few years, but essentially the way that the food relates with health and longevity is its quantity, rather than its quality.

I propose anyone interested to learn about the case of Luigi Cornaro, the venetian nobleman who lived in the 16th century more than 100 years, restricting himself to eating about 14 ounces of food per day, as he described in a book about his life and method.

My thinking is that veganism as well as paleo-diets are wrong, because their advocates eat far more than is needed. While comparative anatomy, as studied by authors more than 100 years ago, proves that the human species is frugivore.

Having said that, in our modern world, the safest way to live long and healthy would be to eat anything we like and of good quality, but in small quantities.

It is not necessary to say that many modern theories of nutrition and physiology, like the calories needed in our food, the food pyramid, the protein, carbohydrates and fat fads, and many others, are pure nonsense. Because, as strange as this may sound, the energy to sustain life does not come from food, the food only gives the materials. This is proved with judicious and controlled fasting, as researched by many investigators, specially at the beginning at the 20th century, as a way to improve health and cure disease. This would explain why fasting is forbidden in modern medicine as a cure therapy, because medicines then are not needed, and this is contrary to the industry's interests.

So, I agree that the "food chain" and "engineering disease" are related.
agraposo

Postby fbenario on May 13th, 2017, 2:52 am

agraposo » May 12th, 2017, 8:23 pm wrote:essentially the way that the food relates with health and longevity is its quantity, rather than its quality.
Having said that, in our modern world, the safest way to live long and healthy would be to eat anything we like and of good quality, but in small quantities.

Right on!

Over the course of my life I've seen numerous studies that concluded animals on restricted calorie diets lived longer and more healthy lives that average-weight or heavy animals of the same type. To me the studies are so convincing, and the goal of a very long, very healthy life so appealing, that I am purposely dozens of pounds underweight. I simply limit the quantity of food eaten, rather than worrying too much about the specifics of my diet, and weigh less than I did as a high school senior (age 17) decades ago.

I take no medications, ride my bicycle 5-6 times/week for exercise, and am told I look much younger than my age. Further, unlike the vast majority of people, my HDL cholesterol is higher than my LDL.

Caloric restriction (CR) has positive effects on both mean and maximum lifespan [1, 2, 3, 4], and since the original report the lifespan and health-span increasing capabilities of CR have been documented in a range of animals ranging from yeast to flies and mammals [2, 5]. These studies indicate that CR-induced increases in animal longevity are accompanied by decreased morbidity from a range of age-related diseases such as cardiac and cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disease, cancer, diabetes and renal, respiratory and neural diseases [2, 6, 7].

https://longevityandhealthspan.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/2046-2395-2-4
fbenario

Postby aa5 on May 13th, 2017, 6:21 am

I am getting back into fasting over the last week. I gain weight very easily and my body holds onto every pound. I ate a big lunch on Friday, and my plan is to not eat until Sunday dinner.

Simon is a high energy guy, who also has the 'dosha' from ayurvedic medicine that is on the move. Like travelling to many places, even moving to whole different countries. For that dosha eating heavy slows them down, like allows more relaxation and sleep. Also they tend to have problems keeping weight on.

For guys like me with the dosha that is slow metabolism, congestion, likes to remain in the same place, too tired.. food needs to be light or even better not eating anything for days.
aa5

Postby agraposo on May 13th, 2017, 1:15 pm

Very good comments.

I've also heard of studies of sick animals that live longer eating nothing than sick animals being fed with normal diets. This would mean that feeding in a state of sickness is detrimental, rather than helping the body to recover. It's terrifying to see cancer patients in hospitals being fed with normal diets. But proper nutrition is not Big Pharma's business.

Regarding the cholesterol and statins scam, I think it has been discussed in the "Engineering disease" thread, so nothing to add from my part.
agraposo

PreviousNext

Return to General World Affairs